Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Ricardo Kaká

Read 14539 times
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: Man City make World Record bid for Kaka
      Reply #92: Jan 17, 2009 03:13:14 pm
      Makes me sick really with this type of money changing hands (if it does).  There's starving kids in this world, people with no jobs, people who have to fund their own life-saving medication etc etc. 

If Kaka moves to City his wages are going to be more than a surgeon who is performing life-saving operations every day, makes me sick.  :f_steam:
      Totally agree with you Smigger, never truer words said.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #93: Jan 17, 2009 09:42:45 pm
      Liverpool striker Fernando Torres believes it would be a mistake for Kaka to join Premier League big spenders Manchester City.

City's billionaire owners have apparently tabled an audacious bid of £108 million for the AC Milan midfielder, who is set to receive a reported weekly wage of £500,000 should a deal be reached.

But 24-year-old Torres believes City's lack of silverware in recent years should serve as a warning to Kaka that success will not necessarily follow on the heels of a record-breaking move to Eastlands.

"Manchester City is not the right team for Kaka,'' Torres told the Daily Mail. "Seriously, how can they pay £100 million for Kaka?

"Big players want to win trophies and Manchester City is not even in the race for trophies in England. They are fighting to stay in the Premier League, or to get to the middle of the table.

"They have to build from there and then go against the biggest clubs and after that, maybe, a top player will join them.

"Chelsea were high in the league before they started to sign really big stars. Now everyone wants to play for Chelsea, but they did not when (owner) Roman Abramovich first arrived. They built a strong club and then it happened.''

The Spaniard added that the staggering sums of money on offer to Kaka should not be the primary motivation for leaving the San Siro.

"For now, I cannot imagine Kaka playing for Manchester City,'' he continued.

"It would be a fantastic contract, yes, but there are other things more important than money. A player wants to be remembered for what he has won.

"Imagine 10 years after you stop playing, you go back, you look around, you are not in any picture, you have no medals, no trophies; it is like you played for nothing.

"You may have a fantastic car, a fantastic home, but what does it matter?

"You can have a contract that is better than your friends, but no player looks back and says: 'I won more money'.''
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #94: Jan 17, 2009 09:43:26 pm

Real aspirations he has if he wants to be challenged in a relegation (mid table at most) battle ::)

If he goes to City thenits blatantly obvious its just for the money and from that point i would lose all respect and admiration for him, just like i did with Robinho.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #95: Jan 17, 2009 10:02:11 pm
      Already mentioned in Torres thread, but agree with Nando.

Saying that, Kaka already has some decent medals in his collection that Torres hasn't.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #96: Jan 17, 2009 10:23:18 pm
      Real aspirations he has if he wants to be challenged in a relegation (mid table at most) battle ::)

If he goes to City thenits blatantly obvious its just for the money and from that point I would lose all respect and admiration for him, just like I did with Robinho.

Maybe he wants a really big challenge :P
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #97: Jan 17, 2009 10:33:56 pm
      Maybe he wants a really big challenge :P

That case he should try to lick his elbow.

However, saying that he would probably have a better success rate ;)
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #98: Jan 17, 2009 10:37:44 pm
      That case he should try to lick his elbow.

However, saying that he would probably have a better success rate ;)

:D, nah, but he has already rejected the 500,000k a week contract, I doubt he's holding out for more money tbh
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #99: Jan 17, 2009 10:41:27 pm
      :D, nah, but he has already rejected the 500,000k a week contract, I doubt he's holding out for more money tbh

When was it he rejected it? i have been in bed most the day so am behind on all the football news :D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #100: Jan 18, 2009 12:58:31 am
      When was it he rejected it? I have been in bed most the day so am behind on all the football news :D

It was on SSN ages ago,like when they had a bid accepted,straight away Kaka said no ta to 500,000k a week
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #101: Jan 18, 2009 03:10:09 am
      The only thing he's gonna do there if he joins this season is to play relegation battle or fight for top 10.

He has played for AC Milan in the UEFA cup and therefore can't play for Man City. And by the looks of it, Man City does not look like they'll get a European spot next season as well unless they win this season's UEFA cup.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #102: Jan 18, 2009 04:20:00 pm
      At the Milan match last night at the final whistle he was hugging all his team mates, he didn't swap his shirt and he took the game ball home with him??? Sounds to me like he is leaving! Big mistake if he is! Like Torres said, all the best players want to be winning trophies and City aren't in the title race.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #103: Jan 18, 2009 05:15:36 pm
      I'm agreed with what JD in that he's already won a shitload of medals and realistically they could be challenging in a few years for the Premiership with the money they've got.

A player who's achieved everything he can in the league he is in usually fancies another challenge, unless you're playing for Liverpool of course! ;)

At the Milan match last night at the final whistle he was hugging all his team mates, he didn't swap his shirt and he took the game ball home with him??? Sounds to me like he is leaving! Big mistake if he is! Like Torres said, all the best players want to be winning trophies and City aren't in the title race.

Could be a big sign that.

Madness. The price usually comes down when a player is cup tied for Europe. Wonder how much they'd add on if he could still play in the UEFA Cup? :D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #104: Jan 18, 2009 07:19:45 pm
      Yeah, they showed that on Match of the Day, if he does indeed leave Milan, it will be so weird seeing him in a City shirt.
      crouchysrobot
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts |
      Reply #105: Jan 18, 2009 07:39:40 pm

Ironically, that game was Beckham's first with Milan and possibly Kaka's last
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #106: Jan 18, 2009 07:58:54 pm
      Ironically, that game was Beckham's first with Milan and possibly Kaka's last

I thought that was Beckham's 2nd game :-\

Hopefully it was'nt Kaka's last!
      crouchysrobot
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts |
      Reply #107: Jan 18, 2009 08:12:32 pm
      I thought that was Beckham's 2nd game :-\

Hopefully it was'nt Kaka's last!

My bad I read the thing on BBC wrong, HOME debut.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Fantasy Football
      Reply #108: Jan 18, 2009 08:35:07 pm
      A few years ago we all sat back and said that Chelsea were ruining our prestige league by spending millions on the best players in the world (just like we all do when we are playing championship manager).....
           What are Man City playing at can the signing of Kaka for the silly amount of money destroy future transfers in england and europe ..?????
      I personly beleive that
       this transfer could ruinfootball full stop>
      crouchysrobot
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts |
      Reply #109: Jan 18, 2009 08:43:58 pm
      It isn't going to ruin football. From what I know about football history, people thought football was going in the dumps when they first started paying people to kick a ball well. This is just another change in the football world.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #110: Jan 19, 2009 05:03:54 pm
      Milan fans demonstrating outside the San Siro, Italian police all ready out in force.

sounds quite loud as the SSN reporter talks over his phone.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #111: Jan 19, 2009 10:46:29 pm
      it's just been on SSN that silvio berlusconi has anounced kaka is staying at milan.  what a sickener for the money bags man shity!  wonder who's next on their list?
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #112: Jan 19, 2009 10:50:31 pm
      Kaka just heard about Bellamy's signing.... :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #113: Jan 19, 2009 10:50:58 pm
      Well it'd be the next best player wouldnt it? Scott Parker of course.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #114: Jan 19, 2009 10:52:39 pm
      Breaking news on Sky Sports News at the moment is that Kaka has rejected City.

To be honest they never had a chance of getting him.

Quick Reply