Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Ricardo Kaká

Read 14544 times
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Re: Man City make World Record bid for Kaka
      Reply #115: Jan 19, 2009 10:59:36 pm
      I highly doubt Kaka ever even considered going. AC Milan had to allow talks to take place purely because of the amount that was offered. It was a complete media storm and and thankfully it's cleared up now.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #116: Jan 19, 2009 11:11:56 pm
      My brother in law is a city fan (I know it hurts my family deeply !) and his theory is that city will spend millions on all these top names and eventually the owners will pull out and city wont be able to pay the massive wages demands of the players and will end up something like Leeds ! I dont know what the basis for his pessimism is but.........I would laugh my arse off !!!
      crouchysrobot
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts |
      Reply #117: Jan 19, 2009 11:16:04 pm
      ^^^ I think it would been even more hilarious if they got relegated with the current players and owners, i.e. this season.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #118: Jan 19, 2009 11:20:44 pm
      Yeah it would be extremley interesting seeing a non-premiership side trying to lure players like Kaka in !! ;D ;D
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #119: Jan 19, 2009 11:23:03 pm
      Swap A C Milan for Man Shity. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #120: Jan 19, 2009 11:58:46 pm
      Kaka's £107m move to Man City is off

Kaka's proposed £107-million transfer from AC Milan to Manchester City was dramatically spiked on Monday night with both clubs claiming to have pulled the plug on the deal.

The dramatic development came at the end of a day when a deal for the Brazilian playmaker appeared tantalisingly close.

Man City's executive chairman Garry Cook lead a club delegation in meetings with Milan officials and Kaka's father, Bosco Leite in attempt to broker what would have been a world record transfer.

However, in a statement the Premier League club said they had pulled out of negotiations as there was little chance of a deal being done owing to the complexity of the terms.

Cook told the club's website: ''Whilst Manchester City Football Club has an obvious interest in world-class players of the quality of Kaka, we owe it to our fans that such a transfer must work on every level; commercially, financially, in terms of results on the field and within Manchester City's broader community.

''The club felt that it was unlikely that the two parties could reach common ground for an agreement. The discussions reached only a preliminary stage and the player was not involved at any time.''

Somewhat contradicting City's claims were comments from Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian Prime Minister and Milan's owner, who said Kaka himself rejected the move.

''Money is not everything for Kaka, there are things more important than money. We are happy. We offered the player the chance to consider the offer, but he has higher values,'' Berlusconi told Italian television when explaining the 26-year-old's decision to turn down a move to the Eastlands club.

''It was down to me and also to him," added Berlusconi. ''When I heard he would prefer to stay, that he didn't think he would be missing a great opportunity and he prefers the values of our flag, the values of closeness and friendship, the warmth and the affection that all the fans have shown him in these days, I said 'hooray' and we hugged. Kaka is staying at Milan.''

On learning the news late on Monday hundreds of fans gathered outside Kaka's central Milan home where they celebrated his decision to remain with the Rossoneri.

Last week, in his only public comment since the saga began, Kaka said: ''I want to grow old at Milan. My aim is to become the captain of this team. I have already turned down some big offers.''

Despite his declaration, City continued to pursue the 2007 FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or winner, and over the weekend appeared close to agreeing a deal after Berlusconi said it would be tough to hang on to the player given the sums of money being discussed.

Kaka, who was courted by Real Madrid last year and also linked with a move to Chelsea, played in Milan's 1-0 Serie A win over Fiorentina on Saturday and was clearly moved by the response of the fans inside the San Siro.

The Milan fans had demanded talks with City were stopped and protested against a possible sale outside Milan's city centre headquarters.

There was some good news for City in the transfer market earlier on Monday; the club signed Craig Bellamy from West Ham United while Dutch international midfielder Nigel De Jong has also been given permission to speak to City about a move from Hamburg SV.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #121: Jan 20, 2009 01:02:53 pm
      Doesn't Mark Hughes seem like one of those managers that was lucky and did well with the players and resources available to him at Blackburn, but now he has all the money he can spend and he cant win a game or sign any big players -except Robinhio....greedy b***ard ! ;D
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #122: Jan 20, 2009 01:16:03 pm
      Man City is lucky to have such money bags willing to spend on a 'pet hobby' such as owning a Premiership Club. Money does make the world go round, I just dont think it will turn the club around.

Craig Bellamy? He should have continued to remain a 'star' at West Ham.
      Scythe
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #123: Jan 20, 2009 02:09:36 pm
      Surprised Milan didn't take the money. No matter how good a player is nobodies worth that much.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #124: Jan 20, 2009 03:39:25 pm
      Surprised Milan didn't take the money. No matter how good a player is nobodies worth that much.

Not up to the club though when a player is under contract is it.

Look at Jermaine Pennant.

Anyway Man City - with Kaka out the window how about a cheeky £100 M bid for Robbie Keane?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #125: Jan 20, 2009 03:45:56 pm
      Not up to the club though when a player is under contract is it.

The odd thing is that Kaka said he would only go if Milan were to want him to go. Though Milan were not really right out there saying "give me the money" they didn't try to nip it away which was similar to the Sheva going to Chelsea situation.

Now the question is hat Kaka didn't go through who will be next in the transfer madness?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #126: Jan 20, 2009 04:00:56 pm
      Anyway Man City - with Kaka out the window how about a cheeky £100 M bid for Robbie Keane?

If they just paid 15 million for Craig Bellamy and 12 million for Wayne Bridge then anything is possible.

But fair play to Kaka, that was alot of money to be offered. Plyers like him could be the saviours of modern football.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #127: Jan 20, 2009 05:00:54 pm
      My brother in law is a city fan (I know it hurts my family deeply !) and his theory is that city will spend millions on all these top names and eventually the owners will pull out and city wont be able to pay the massive wages demands of the players and will end up something like Leeds ! I dont know what the basis for his pessimism is but.........I would laugh my arse off !!!

Seems like a well adjusted person to me and judging City's track record and could probably understand why he's so pessimistic.

Nice to see the CEO of City (some c**t I've never heard of) saying Milan had bottled it!! Whats up, found out money doesn't mean you get things your own way. Babbling on about projects and whatever, trying to make themselves sound like Real Madrid - even funnier is the fact Robinho is supposed to have fu**ed off from City's training camp in Tenerife.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #128: Jan 20, 2009 05:40:47 pm
      comman sense provails,city will find out like the Chavs that history and class are so important and not just money.
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #129: Jan 21, 2009 12:16:12 am
      One of the quotes of the season for me:

Manchester City executive chairman Cook:

"If we don't get Kaka it is not the end of the world. We got Craig Bellamy."

:lmao:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #130: Jan 21, 2009 12:45:00 pm
      They don't have the reputation and history to attract big names. Not everyone is money minded and not everyone wants to leave a very good team for a team that has ambitions to be good.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #131: Feb 06, 2009 10:57:00 pm
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #132: Feb 07, 2009 06:35:23 am
      Tell me about it, I already bought a Man City jersey with Kaka's name on it :(
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #133: Feb 07, 2009 09:21:59 am
      Tell me about it, I already bought a Man City jersey with Kaka's name on it :(

You are joking, right ?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #134: Feb 07, 2009 10:04:50 am
      Are you a Man City fan?
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #135: Feb 07, 2009 02:28:30 pm

I'm so relieved I didn't get my Robbie Keane tatoo. Or I nearly went crazy and got a David Villa one in the transfer window !
       :lmao:
      beerdog
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts | -3 
      Kaka
      Reply #136: Mar 28, 2009 06:50:12 am
      a more sublime player i have yet to see. the greatest talent the world has ever witnessed. top 15 of kaka on you tube. speaks for itself...viva KAKA!!!!!!!
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Re: Kaka
      Reply #137: Mar 28, 2009 10:51:59 am
      Viva Liverpool and it's players... f*ck offf Kaka..;)

Quick Reply