Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Ricardo Kaká

Read 14438 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Kaka to Chelsea?
      Reply #23: Jul 09, 2008 10:07:34 pm
      :lmao: they wont get Kaka at any price as milan have already stated and Kaka said he was'nt interested.

A little fact i got from a matchmag a few years back

'Chelsea could have signed Kaka for 3m from sao paulo just before he went to Milan but he rejected them at the last minute as he found out theat they were planning on loaning him out to a russian team'
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #24: Jul 10, 2008 08:27:20 am
      I admire Kaka for turning down the money and staying at a club he loves. Good on him, and good luck to him as well.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25: Jul 10, 2008 03:09:17 pm
      I admire Kaka for turning down the money and staying at a club he loves. Good on him, and good luck to him as well.

Not as though he isnt getting enough dosh as it is. But still admire him for his professionalism.
      Hogan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #26: Jul 20, 2008 02:58:41 pm
      Apparently they upped they're bid to £119m but it still got rejected.
      I don't even think he would move if it did get accepted.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #27: Jul 20, 2008 06:46:42 pm
      chelsea wont get him no matter how much they offer
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #28: Jul 20, 2008 08:22:02 pm
      If Milan sold Kaka to Chelsea, Tifossi must to hang Berlusconi.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #29: Jul 22, 2008 12:18:36 am
      I respect Kaka so much as a player I really would hate to see him at Chelsea.... He'd look sh*te in a blue kit. Stay at the club you love Kaka, don't sell out to Abramovich.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #30: Jul 22, 2008 12:46:22 am
      i think if he went to chelsea then it would effectively ruin his career as it did with shevchenko, there would be masses amount of pressure on him due to the astronomical transfer fee
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Man City make World Record bid for Kaka
      Reply #31: Jan 14, 2009 02:34:30 am
      Man City are on their high horse. Apparently 'in talks' with AC Milan.

Great player, but surely he doesn't deserve to be fighting relegation?  :f_whistle:
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2009 12:54:03 pm by JD »
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Kaka
      Reply #32: Jan 14, 2009 02:36:42 am
      Absolutely no way should Kaka be fighting relegation, and Man City will never get him no matter how much they pay ;)

His eyebrows are a bit weird though :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #33: Jan 14, 2009 02:43:43 am
      Absolutely no way should Kaka be fighting relegation, and Man City will never get him no matter how much they pay ;)

His eyebrows are a bit weird though :D

Weird eyebrows.  :lmao:

Thing is though, how much are Man City willing to pay? And how much would it take for AC Milan to budge? Do you think they wouldn't budge?

I have been wondering how much Man City have been waiting to flex their financial muscles this month. And it will be interesting to see how this ludicrous transfer tests AC Milan.
      SirAlex
      • You'll always be Mr Ferguson to Rafa.
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | -11 
      • Come in peace, friendly banter please.
      Reply #34: Jan 14, 2009 02:45:18 am
      Shity are going down with 100 billion in the bank :f_whistle: You can sing it!

Robinho was forced out of Madrid and money cought his eye, but i can't see the former world player of the year playing his trade an Man Shity.

This isn't Fifa 09 Abu Diaby, go for Bellamy and Santa Cruz, maybe push the boat out and sign Scot Parker.

SirAlex
      • You'll always be Mr Ferguson to Rafa.
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | -11 
      • Come in peace, friendly banter please.
      Reply #35: Jan 14, 2009 02:51:18 am
      My only worry is this summer, i think David Villa might sign for them. Shity can out bid anyone and Valencia are in financial trouble, so it looks like Villa and Silva might be on the way out!

I'd hate for two top players like Villa and Silva line out for them lot!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #36: Jan 14, 2009 02:54:33 am
      Weird eyebrows.  :lmao:

Thing is though, how much are Man City willing to pay? And how much would it take for AC Milan to budge? Do you think they wouldn't budge?

I have been wondering how much Man City have been waiting to flex their financial muscles this month. And it will be interesting to see how this ludicrous transfer tests AC Milan.

Can't remember if it was City or the Chavs, but one of them "offered €80m" and Milan said no, so I don't think they'd budge - even for €150m.

They'll get some good buys alright, some of which may even come as a surprising shock. I hear they're after all the major stars, surely they'd tempt one of them away with money?

Shity are going down with 100 billion in the bank :f_whistle: You can sing it!

Robinho was forced out of Madrid and money cought his eye, but i can't see the former world player of the year playing his trade an Man Shity.

This isn't Fifa 09 Abu Diaby, go for Bellamy and Santa Cruz, maybe push the boat out and sign Scot Parker

It's funny because they thought they'd end up winning the league with their money this season - and so far they're not even consistent in being in the top half of the table.

Although I hear they're after Tevez ::)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Jan 14, 2009 04:28:16 am
      Villa wont leave Valencia, he is 28 now anyway so he has his best years to give to the club he loves. Not much point in leaving now and starting again and then find yourself hitting the back end of your career.

If someone came in with 100 million for Fernand or Steven, would you budge? I think thats the best way understand if they'll budge.

City wont make Europe, they will probably be lucky to make the top half of the table. Dont see why money would even tempt him there. If i had his talent and reputation, i wouldnt want to go.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #38: Jan 14, 2009 06:32:06 am
      Man City does not have the reputation nor the history. The only reason I'd see Kaka there is if he wants a new challenge or he loves money.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #39: Jan 14, 2009 08:43:35 am
      Taken from the BBC

Man City in talks over Kaka deal 

Kaka has been with Serie A giants AC Milan for six years
      Manchester City have opened talks with Italian side AC Milan over the transfer of their Brazilian playmaker Kaka, BBC Radio 5 Live understands.

A report on Mediaset, a website of Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi, says City want Kaka "at all costs".

A delegation from City has reportedly met with their Milan counterparts.

It is reported that the Eastlands club have tabled a bid of £100m and are willing to pay the 26-year-old about £500,000 a week.

The current record for a player's signature is £46m when France's Zinedine Zidane moved from Juventus to Real Madrid in 2001.

Kaka joined Serie A giants Milan from Sao Paulo in 2003 and has since won the league title, Champions League and Club World Cup.

The attacking midfielder has also picked up the Ballon d'Or and Fifa World Player of the Year awards in 2007.

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, estimated to be worth £15bn, took over as City owner in September 2008 and extensive funds have been made available to manager Mark Hughes. 

However, he has only secured the services of Wayne Bridge in January's transfer window, with bids rejected for West Ham forward Craig Bellamy and Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz.

The four-man delegation who travelled to Italy to initiate talks with the Milan officials is reported to include executive chairman Garry Cook and two representatives of the Sheikh.

With the club struggling in 15th position in the Premier League, it would give the club an incredible boost if they were to seal the deal for one of the world's best players.

Having started his career with Sao Paulo where he scored 58 goals, Kaka moved to Milan for £5m and has scored 86 goals in 244 appearances.

Kaka is on a contract at the San Siro until 2013 and although he stated in February that he wanted to remain at Milan for the rest of his career, he did hint at a desire to play in the Premier League - a division he has described as the "best championship in the world".

I love football but this proposed transfer makes me sick to my stomach, £100m for a player!! and £500k wages!!..even if these figures are exagerated it is still a disgusting ammount of money to be thrown at a footballer.

I am not jealous of City or Chelsea or any other club that has a sugar daddy as for me silly money has long been at the root of all that is wrong in our game, from ridiculous ticket prices to over priced merchandise your average fan is fleeced at every opportunity as the game that used to be within reach of every fan now seems to be only available to the elite few.

I would like to see something similar to rugby league where salary caps are enforced and maybe transfers could be set at say £10m at the most so helping a player to join a club he would actually like to play for instead of finances dictating when and where he moves to.
      But if I'm honest I am a dinosaur of a football fan and longing for the game to be as honest and straightforward as it was will not bring it back,no I'm afraid the game has done a deal with the devil and I for one dread the day it all goes horribly wrong.

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2009 09:22:52 am by Glenbuck »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #40: Jan 14, 2009 09:11:46 am
      Players are certainly over priced now.

I remember Chelsea bought Jose bosingwa for like what? 20 million? and United buying Berbatov for 30 million. If Kaka is gonna worth that much, then Lionel Messi is gonna be what? 120 million?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #41: Jan 14, 2009 10:12:59 am
      If I was a footballer with Kaka's skills, and he is one of the top players around at the moment, I certainly wouldn't want to go to a club like Man city, money is nice, but it's not the be all and end all, surely you would want to go to a club who is up their playing in Europe challenging for the League and playing in the Champions League, with the high prospects of winning medals and trophies.

As good as Man City think they are, and even if they manage to sign several 'top names' it won't necessarily make them into a top four club, or a better team, they may avoid relegation, but there not up there with the best........ you can have a bunch of very good individuals but if they don't play together as a team...........then you can forget it.

Manchester City have a very long way to go to even thinking about becoming a top 4 side.

If they do sign Kaka, then he is obviously only going for the money, and he will have gone down in my estimation.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #42: Jan 14, 2009 10:13:21 am
      I love football but this proposed transfer makes me sick to my stomach, £100m for a player!! and £500k wages!!..even if these figures are exagerated it is still a disgusting ammount of money to be thrown at a footballer.

I totally agree Glenbuck.  In my relatively short 18 years or so of watching the reds at Anfield I've seen my ticket price go from about £4.50 to about £40 today - a large part due to the huge salaries these players are on.  Absolutely no player in the world can be worth £100 million and £26 million a year in salary. 

Even if 'single-handedly' he won Man City the Premiership and the European Champions League for the next 5 years (which he of course won't) then he wouldn't make a dent in paying that money back.  It's completely crazy and while it would be nice to have a little bit of extra cash so we don't need to sell to buy - this kind of thing will eventually come back around and bite Man City in the arse.

I feel for their supporters in the longer term to be honest.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #43: Jan 14, 2009 11:22:20 am
      Kaka has said he wants to go the premier league, and has been chatting with Robinho, according to sky sports news.

I'd hate for two top players like Villa and Silva line out for them lot!!

It's up to the player to sign on the dotted line.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #44: Jan 14, 2009 12:10:20 pm
      Greedy is he F**k if he signs. Watching a doco last year about Kaka and his desire to play for Milan since when he was in Brazil made me respect him so much for leaving the money out of his decision and signing for his boyhood club. If he signs for them then i will lose every ounce of respect for him.

And who's to say Mark Hughes will know how to manage stars? His biggest players have been Santa Cruz and David Bentley, hardly a dent on Kaka.
      yowg8ynwa
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #45: Jan 14, 2009 12:39:23 pm
      i read somewhere that kaka wanted to stay at AC and eventually captain the side, i really hope he doesnt leave his principles behind and goes for the money
      100m is so ridiculous for a footballer, no offence i've loved footie from the start of my life but 100m could be put to so much better use in the world, as can 500,000 a week wages.  Its actually kind of embarrassing for the game :(

Quick Reply