Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Ricardo Kaká

Read 14568 times
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Re: Kaka
      Reply #46: Jan 14, 2009 02:11:56 pm
      I agree that the amount bandied about for his signature and proposed obscene wages are not good for the game.

However, I would love to watch world-class players like Kaka week in, week out in the Premiership. Even though money doesn't always mean guaranteed success, I do think Man.City in the long term will get it right by continually buying quality.

Mark 'Gestapo' Hughes will most likely be replaced by a continental manager in time to keep building for the future.

With the huge amount of money in their coffers, I cannot see them not getting it right.

All it takes is obviously surviving this campaign, and just another quality player or two to convince other world class players to take the plunge. I think the ball will start rolling soon for further transfer activity.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #47: Jan 14, 2009 02:13:44 pm
      SSN now reporting that Kaka has turned down a move to City saying he has rejected some great offers but wants to grow old at Milan
      yowg8ynwa
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #48: Jan 14, 2009 02:18:39 pm
      kaka's got integrity! good to see in the world nowadays :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #49: Jan 14, 2009 02:41:25 pm
      Kaka rejects world record bid from Man City
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=609368&sec=transfers&cc=4716

Manchester City's £100 million swoop for Serie A star Kaka has been dealt a swift blow after the Brazilian playmaker claimed he wanted "to grow old at Milan".

GettyImages

Kaka: Target for Manchester City

A City delegation led by chief executive Garry Cook flew to the San Siro on Tuesday to table the world record breaking offer along with weekly wages of £250,000 but the AC Milan favourite has blown any deal out of the water.

"As long as the club keep high objectives, my desire will always be to stay at Milan," Kaka told Mediaset, which is owned by Milan supremo Silvio Berlusconi.

"I want to get old here and my objective for the future is to become this team's captain."

"I refused important offers in the past."

Earlier on Wednesday Kaka's spokesman Diogo Kotscho said it was "not impossible" that a deal could be concluded during the January transfer window but warned that money alone would not be enough to lure his client to Manchester.

"To accept Manchester City, Kaka wouldn't do a matter based on money", Kotscho said. "But to the competitiveness of the English side.

"Ricky would like a strong side. He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with not a winning solution."

And while the Rossoneri are currently only competing in the UEFA Cup after a disappointing campaign last season, Kaka insists he will stay faithful to the club if they continue to build on the legacy of seven European Cups and 17 Serie A titles.

In the summer, City set a new British transfer record when the signed Robinho from Real Madrid for £32 million and billionaire owners Abu Dhabi United where hoping to make another statement of intent in the transfer market by setting a new world record.

The most expensive transfer fee in football history remains the £48 million Real Madrid paid Juventus for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

Asked if Kaka would consider other clubs if City's offer did not suit either Milan or himself Kotscho said: "Yes he will. But as I said we have to have a deal between the two clubs and negotiations with AC Milan for Kaka ... is a very difficult challenge.''

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I guess not...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #50: Jan 14, 2009 02:47:10 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7827696.stm

Poor City, guess they'll have to take second best...Scott Parker.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #51: Jan 14, 2009 05:14:42 pm
      Wonderful news if it's true that he's rejected this offer, and absolutely not out jealousy of City's limitless coffers or fear that they could one day pose a threat to our spot at the top of the Premier League.

This is great news for football, that there are still players out there like Kaka, Torres and others, who are not interested in gaining the most money possible, but who simply want to play for a club they love, respect and want to help succeed. It's people like this who let me continue believing in this great sport, and hope that the business side of it doesn't fully dominate one day.

Players in this mould are perhaps becoming scarce nowadays, and the ones we have should be cherished, because there's too many like Rooney who will turn their back on former clubs and treat them like sh*t at the same time.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #52: Jan 14, 2009 06:20:34 pm
      Ricardo Kaka is a decent, respectable player - there's no way he'll leave Milan.

I think he'll know his priorities, and that Milan will come first for him.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #53: Jan 14, 2009 06:27:05 pm
      Although I don't class him in the same bracket as quality players such as Torres, Messi and Kaka, the Robinho situation was entirely different as he had to leave Real Madrid. Whether it was to Chelsea or Chester. Whoever bid most got him and it happened to be City.

City won't be able to sign players such as the ones I've mentioned because decent clubs won't want to let go of them, no matter how much someone offered. And as soon as I heard the story, I knew all along he wouldn't jump on it. Kaka is one of the players with integrity who recognises it's not what he's done for the club, but what the club has done for him.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #54: Jan 15, 2009 12:07:21 am
      I can't seem him leaving to play in relegation battles. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #55: Jan 15, 2009 01:13:20 am
      I know they earn a fortune already, but fair play to Kaka if what is supposed to have been said by him, has.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #56: Jan 15, 2009 04:43:23 am
      Robinho's situation was that he wanted to leave Real Madrid at all cost as he was pretty gutted with the fact that Real was trying to use him to bring Ronaldo to the Bernabeu.

Man City was the only team that bid for him, with a relatively high amount too. I personally can't see Man City recruiting Fernando Torres, Messi, Fabregas , Ronaldo or anyone. And not all players are money minded, some just want medals and trophies in their records.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #57: Jan 15, 2009 01:07:04 pm
      It seems the deal is not as dead as first thought, City must have some very persuasive cash on agents round the table.

From the BBC

Manchester City assistant manager Mark Bowen says Brazilian superstar Kaka is "very close" to a world record-breaking transfer from Italian giants AC Milan.
      A City delegation travelled to Italy and reportedly bid about 100m euros for the 26-year-old attacking midfielder.
      Kaka has said he intends to stay at Serie A giants Milan but Bowen told BBC Sport Wales: "We believe the deal is very close.
      "We are selling the future plans of the club to the player."
      Kaka's adviser Diogo Kotscho said the 2007 Fifa World Player of the Year would be open to a move to City if Milan wanted to sell.

And Mark Hughes' right-hand-man Bowen revealed: "I've read a lot about his love of AC Milan - and that goes without saying - but even when people said the deal was dead, that was not our understanding.
      "We are still hopeful of still signing Kaka.
      "The situation has been a surprise to everyone but obviously negotiations have been going on for a fair while.
      "How close we are I don't know but our understanding is that it is very much a strong possibility that Kaka will be coming to Manchester City."

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #58: Jan 15, 2009 01:24:55 pm
      Yeah, they're pretty close - been watching SSN all morning while waiting on a parcel :(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #59: Jan 15, 2009 01:26:03 pm
      It seems the deal is not as dead as first thought, City must have some very persuasive cash on agents round the table.

Indeed it doesn't.  I may retract my statement about Kaka earlier.

I'm thoroughly fascinated by this.  Surely this will revalue every single player in football.  Gerrard must be worth £250 million now.

These are very dangerous times for football in my opinion.  I'd say present salaries are to be baulked at but this kind of money is just unsustainable.

I'd be extremely uncomfortable if this was us, so I was intrigued to see what genuine Man City fans were saying about this proposed deal.  I headed off in search of a Man City forum to find some much needed words of intelligence and sensibility about the whole affair.

But all I found was

To put the £500k p/w into perspective

if kaka signed for 3 years on 500k p/w, he would earn LESS than Keanu Reeves earned for the final Matrix movie.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #60: Jan 15, 2009 01:34:02 pm
      I hope we never see the day when our club makes crazy offers for players like this deal city are offering. There fans may think its great now but if/when the owners pull out City will be finished.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #61: Jan 15, 2009 02:24:00 pm
      It's insane, really. In 5 years time, people would be buying players for 300 million, ;D.

If Man City have so much money, they should donate some.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #62: Jan 15, 2009 02:38:56 pm
      It's insane, really. In 5 years time, people would be buying players for 300 million, ;D.

If Man City have so much money, they should donate some.

Pretty obscene isn't it.

Why don't they buy something useful.

Like Woolworths.

They could keep over 10,000 people in a full time job for a year for the amount that Kaka will cost them over the contract.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #63: Jan 15, 2009 02:48:43 pm
      Anybody else noticed that if you remove the last 'A' from his name it spells the name of Man City's arch rivals.

Can't believe nobody's picked up on that.

Do I win a prize?
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #64: Jan 15, 2009 03:23:09 pm
      100 million what a joke!! I dont really care how good a player is they are not worth 100 million pounds to kick a ball there are people dieing for there country on £35,000 a year an a player is being offered 500,000 a week, think its time to start caping how much you can pay for a player.

Only good thing i can see is that most clubs cant affored to pay that money for class players, so more good english players should start coming through the ranks. what you think?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #65: Jan 15, 2009 04:44:38 pm
      I think there is more chance of ice skating in the Sahara desert than them getting Kaka, he has said a few times now he wants to grow old at Milan and he would'nt even be in the Champions League next season if he joined them. Would he not be cup tied for the rest of the UEFA Cup too (if City are still in it)

If City did manage to pull this deal off then i think it's fair to say that European Footballl would well and truly have been ruined. No player in the world is worth £100million and the wages of £500k, that is just bollocks for a footballer. There are surgeons who perform life saving surgery who are more worthy of that kind of money (but in fact only get a minor fraction of that sort of money), not a footballer IMO.

Fifa/UEFA can put a stop to all these obscene wages by introducing a salary cap, but they have'nt got the backbone to do it!

If Kaka is really worth that £100mill then Torres, Gerrard, Messi must be around the £300mill mark.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #66: Jan 15, 2009 09:32:52 pm
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #67: Jan 15, 2009 09:34:05 pm
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #68: Jan 15, 2009 09:39:45 pm
      £100m. Joke.
      £500,000 PW. Absolute piss take!
      Some people dont make that in a lifetime!
      Time to call in the wage cap?

Quick Reply