Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Ricardo Kaká

Read 14884 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Re: Kaka
      Reply #69: Jan 15, 2009 10:10:03 pm
      I'm stunned by this news.

If he wants to move to a team outside the very best teams he should go to Villa rather than Man City.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #70: Jan 15, 2009 10:12:20 pm
      Im sure Villa cant afford the fee let alone the £500,000 PW that Man C can :D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #71: Jan 15, 2009 10:13:43 pm
      I always thought Kaka was a lad who didn't move for money and only concentrated on clubs where he could win trophies.

Guess I was wrong.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #72: Jan 15, 2009 10:18:27 pm
      I always thought Kaka was a lad who didn't move for money and only concentrated on clubs where he could win trophies.

Guess I was wrong.

Its not up to kaka mate, if your club want to sell you (Milan need this money btw) where do you go?
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #73: Jan 15, 2009 10:23:24 pm
      If AC have decided that theyre selling, and more than just the Man C bid comes in, do you think theyll accept it knowing they can get £100m from the Mancs?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #74: Jan 15, 2009 10:26:59 pm
      All that will happen is one of the clauses in his contract will be broken and within two seasons Kaka will be back playing at a top club for a far lesser fee.

It will just be a wasted 18 months for him I think.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #75: Jan 16, 2009 12:04:42 am
      If AC have decided that theyre selling, and more than just the Man C bid comes in, do you think theyll accept it knowing they can get £100m from the Mancs?

They had to accept due to a clause in Kaka's contract. But he rejected Citys contract
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #76: Jan 16, 2009 08:48:51 am
      100m is a lot of money, i think they will leave it up to Kaka if he wants to leave. You'd be a very strong character to say no to that money.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #77: Jan 16, 2009 12:45:53 pm
      If he goes, he's playing relegation battles. He has played for AC Milan in the UEFA cup this season already and is cup tied for the UEFA Cup if he joins Man City. And by the looks like it, Man City won't be playing in Europe next season unless they win the UEFA Cup this season.

Whatever happens, AC Milan is the winner. He leaves, they've got 100 million to bring in 3 or more quality players. If he stays, they'll have the former FIFA player of the year in their team.
      Epicthunder
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 206 posts | -1 
      Reply #78: Jan 16, 2009 12:53:21 pm
      With him on their side + robihno i dnt think they will be relegated...:)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: Man City make World Record bid for Kaka
      Reply #79: Jan 16, 2009 12:57:30 pm
      £107 million apparently.

Do you reckon AC Milan would have knocked back £106M?
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #80: Jan 16, 2009 01:03:33 pm
      £107 million apparently.

Do you reckon AC Milan would have knocked back £106M?

Looking for at least £107,267,098 apparently.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #81: Jan 16, 2009 05:42:39 pm
      The only reason he would go is because he's won everything with Milan, and wants a new challenge.
      jeffslad
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #82: Jan 16, 2009 06:52:20 pm
      The only reason he would go is because he's won everything with Milan, and wants a new challenge.
      if he wants a challenge,he should sign for Everton!! ;D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #83: Jan 16, 2009 07:02:24 pm
      God forbid, but if Kaka was to be bought for this amount of money, and had a career ending injury, would anything happen? Don't think there is but I was wondering whether there was any kind of insurance on this?
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #84: Jan 16, 2009 10:01:44 pm
      I never in a million years thought a player like Kaka would be considering a move to Man City. Doesn't seem like the money type, though, hopefully he just wants a new challenge. I'd lose all respect for him if he was just going tor half a million a week.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #85: Jan 16, 2009 11:54:06 pm
      I was listening to podcast where they are talking about this issue and they were saying AC Milan would be insane not to take the offer from Man City. The club can operate for 4 or 5 years with this sale and they could reinvest it and build a very good side, they would be insane not to take the offer.

Also the fact who knows if this same offer will ever come up again for Kaka because the way these guys seem to operate they will go after the flavor of the month so in the summer they could be taking their money else where. I remember when they were selling Sheva it was a very similar situation where they try to play like they don't want to sell the play and are showing their supporters they are trying to keep their star player yet by letting the players agent and player talk to the club shows they are indeed letting him go (boy that was a good piece of business on Sheva).

I think another thing this potential deal does is drive up the price for the top end talent. If Kaka is worth 107m then what is the world best players like Ronald, Messi, Torres etc worth? They would have to crack 100m mark as well.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #86: Jan 17, 2009 03:41:16 am
      In a nutshell................ ....................CRAZ Y!
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #87: Jan 17, 2009 10:31:52 am
      It makes you wonder what the Yanks would do if a club came in with a 100m plus offer for Gerrard.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #88: Jan 17, 2009 11:52:19 am
      To be perfectly honest, although many will undoubtedly disagree with me here, I would love Kaka to go to City. I just think it would be a huge step forward in English football, and it might just get another challenger up there for the European spots next season.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #89: Jan 17, 2009 01:26:48 pm
      It makes you wonder what the Yanks would do if a club came in with a 100m plus offer for Gerrard.

True but with 100 million you could get about 3 world class players! I am not saying sell Gerrard or Torres I am saying that any club that gets 100 million off Man City will only get stronger!

I think this is terrible. How are clubs supposed to buy players if Man City can just walk in and bid 5 times as much? I actually feel sorry for Mark Hughes in all of this. It doesn't sound as if he has any say in these transfers the same goes for the Robhino deal. Sure they are players we would all love to have in our squad but how do you fit them in? He basically has to build his team around these players. And if they don't fit in or play to their own standars who gets the blame? If I am being honest Hughes would be lucky if he was still manager by the summer!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #90: Jan 17, 2009 02:57:38 pm
      Makes me sick really with this type of money changing hands (if it does).  There's starving kids in this world, people with no jobs, people who have to fund their own life-saving medication etc etc. 

If Kaka moves to City his wages are going to be more than a surgeon who is performing life-saving operations every day, makes me sick.  :f_steam:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #91: Jan 17, 2009 03:05:27 pm
      If they end up taking all the best players from other leagues to the Premier League, the world of football is gonna suck :(

I don't mind Man City wanting to buy Kaka or anyone, i'm just against the amount of money they're willing to offer.
      They should spend that money on something better like buying me a plane and football ticket to an Anfield match.

Quick Reply