Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Could we still have a chance:

Yes - but must win every game
      (44%)
      No - Don Rafael is smoking his socks again
      (56%)

Could we still win the league?

Read 9212 times
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Re: Could we still win the league?
      Reply #138: Mar 20, 2008 01:30:17 am
      Don't worry about it ShanerB. I've sent a few hard hitting scousers up to rob his shoes.  ;)

get his gravy too, yorkshire boys love their gravy!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #139: Mar 20, 2008 01:36:56 am
      I can probably name another thing your mate likes. Ryhmes with all he'll be left wearing after his shoes have been robbed. :f_whistle:

Anyway. Back on topic.
      Macca_red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #140: Mar 20, 2008 04:04:25 pm
      I hate to be a pessimist, but I just can't see it...
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #141: Mar 20, 2008 11:49:42 pm
      its a close one to call for me my heart says yes but my head says no  but i have definately got my sights set higher than 4th so lets have a look at the ifs and buts.

It all depends on the next 3 games man ure, neverwon and the arse if we win them and depending on other results going our way and that resulting in our being in with a shout for the title then tbh i dont really care what happens in the champs league lets have a real good go for the big one.

But then the reality starts to sink in and with the scum being 11 points in front and 8 games left i find it hard to see them dropping that many points so 2nd would probably be a bit more realistic but you never know
      DRARREG8
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts | -1 
      Reply #142: Mar 21, 2008 12:11:00 am
      guys let's be realistic it's so hard to win the league this year ... hope we do it next year :)
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #143: Mar 21, 2008 04:09:36 am
      TEAM      PLD  PTS   

Man Utd    30    70
      Arsenal     30     67
      Chelsea     30    65
      Liverpool   30    59
      Everton    30    56

with 8 games left that leaves us with 24 pts to win if we win every game till the end of the season. so the max points we can gain this year is 83.
      that means that even if we achieve this manure can only win a max of 4 games from now on and lose the rest in order for us to win the league.
      also it means that ars can only win 5 more games and lose 3. chelsea will have to only win 5, draw 1 and lose the rest.

I know its along shot and abit unrealistic but keeping my fingers crossed that we can get the same amount of points as my birth year ;)

there you go i hope that puts things into perspective for you boys and girls ;)

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #144: Mar 21, 2008 04:46:07 pm
      Looking at Man Utd, Arsenal & Chelsea's run-ins from here it is potentially possible that any of them could finish on less points than us if we could win every game. Man Utd would need to drop 12 points, which could potentially happen against, us, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham who somehow usually manage to nick points off them, and even possibly Aston Villa on their day. Arsenal would need to drop 9 points which could potentially happen against us, Chelsea & Utd. Chelsea would need to drop 7 points, Utd & Arsenal could beat them and Man City could possibly nick a point. The problem is a lot of those games are against each other so they can't all potentially drop all the points we'd need them to. If we won all our remaining games I'm confident at least one of those three teams would finish below us, but the realist in me says it won't be all three. However small it is though there is still that outside chance all three could suffer a bad run-in, we still have to make sure that if it does happen we're in a position to take full advantage. I'm not getting excited yet, a couple of bad results for the opposition & I might do, but we still have plenty to play for. With the new TV rights deal in place this season the difference between the prize money for 4th & 2nd could mean an extra signing in the summer. Even if first place is going to be beyond us we need to keep focused on winning every game & finishing as high as possible.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #145: Mar 21, 2008 05:21:20 pm
      Eddie, I agree its very early because of the massive gap and that we need three teams to drop points, but like the another poster has stated if we can win the next 3 games we might might might get in a more promising position. Afterall the bookmakers have us about 100-1 to win the title!

With the new TV rights deal in place this season the difference between the prize money for 4th & 2nd could mean an extra signing in the summer. Even if first place is going to be beyond us we need to keep focused on winning every game & finishing as high as possible.

That money is going one place and that is in the yanks smelly swine leather wallet!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #146: Mar 21, 2008 05:39:59 pm
      I'd be happy with us challenging 2nd place or taking 3rd this season.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #147: Mar 21, 2008 05:53:43 pm
      " Could we still win the league? " Well maybe not this season, i think we can improve our position alot more, as i can see Chelsea dropping more points between now and the end of the season.

As for next season, thats got to be the one, as those horrible scum mancs are closing in on our league record, and theres no way we want to give that up to them, sounds scary just saying that. Just cant let em catch up.
      We all need to just concentrate on our own team, and not weather other teams are gonna drop points here and there so we can sneak in and win the title. I personally think we are gonna push the 3 above us all the way the last game, and then who knows what will happen.

Just as long as we finish this season in a champions league place, we can concentrate on winning the title next season. Which we are fully capable of.
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #148: Mar 21, 2008 05:56:46 pm
      I'd like to see us attempt to go the remainder of the season unbeaten. It will build confidence for the next one if we can finish this one on a high and feel like we were challenging for the title to the death.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #149: Mar 21, 2008 06:00:02 pm
      I'd like to see us attempt to go the remainder of the season unbeaten. It will build confidence for the next one if we can finish this one on a high and feel like we were challenging for the title to the death.

I agree with you ReepiCheep, " finish this one on a high and feel like we were challengeing for the title to the death"
      Can you imagine the buzz all the players and staff would have, it would be a great spur on for a title challenge next season.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #150: Mar 21, 2008 11:11:29 pm
      We need the Yuks to lose to ourselves + Chelsea and Arsenal and if we win all our games at the same time we'll still be 3 points behind but in all reality I think it's a big ask but where there's life there's hope as me ol nan used to remind me, one thing though it would be good to get within a few points of the eventual winners and the way we are playing gives me hope that this is achievable....
      Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      • 'You'll never walk alone'
      Reply #151: Mar 21, 2008 11:35:29 pm
      I think we can win it but it is very unlikely. We would have to win the rest of our games to have a chance and hope arseholes, chelski and ushited all drop points. Only if we didnt drop silly points earlier in the season.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #152: Mar 22, 2008 03:39:59 pm
      oh sorry guys my mistake.
      maybe u should be in F***ing league 1,losing to F***ing barnsley after scraping by Havent And Watershiteville.
      F***ing embarrassing.
      rafa out,sack the board!
      shud knock that kip anfield in the morning,build an other unemployment centre,god know u scouse cu*ts could use 1!

shoe nicking bas**rds!

:D Tit!

That'd be brilliant! If the league had started this calander year we'd be top! :D

The only problem with this storming finish to the season is that all the draws make you wonder what could have been! ::) We would have walked it had we polished off a couple of those matches! :D Ah well! ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #153: Mar 22, 2008 04:30:52 pm
      Yep, but don't tell anyone about it!!

Whispers 3pts tomorrow and it f***in well is on!
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #154: Mar 22, 2008 11:11:18 pm

Its been like this before, "if only the last part of season was valid"
      We have always played better after christmas, overlook a few insignificant ::) ones in january, both 2008 and 07......
      Got to win (score more in) the ones we control for about 90 mins and then get "unlucky".
      Guess stability for more than a month or two is the key...? :P (Watt figured out something new, eh?)
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #155: Mar 22, 2008 11:17:47 pm
      i think our run has started about 5 games too late to take the league, which is a real pity, because if it had started earlier, the teams above us would be packing it right now.

if we stay unbeaten to the end of the season and strengthen the squad in the summer even though i say this ecery year, i really do believe we'll challenge next season.

having said all that, old big ears would be a nice consolation prize  ;)
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #156: Mar 23, 2008 05:20:00 pm
      This is now a very hard road to the top.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #157: Mar 23, 2008 05:24:45 pm
      Could have been possible, if only steve bennet hadn't put a bet on the scums winning the league!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #158: Mar 23, 2008 06:35:44 pm
      Erm.............. A definite no !  not now anyway  >:(
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #159: Mar 23, 2008 06:37:15 pm
      Think we can still finish 3rd tho. Just got to put a performance and a half in for the derby.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #160: Mar 23, 2008 06:40:32 pm
      Topic locked.

Unless a miracle hits us then this will be re opened.

Quick Reply