Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Inter Milan V's Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 14223 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Inter Milan V's Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #299: Mar 12, 2008 03:52:42 pm
      Good to hear you got back safe Crazy Horse - I don't envy you for that landing at Speke.  ;)
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #300: Mar 12, 2008 05:53:25 pm
      Yesterday it was our day despite Inter celebrated their 100 anniversary same days ago.
      We were really lucky side. So as it's seen only who believe their lucky will win. So now we can say we are lucky team and we get what we deserve.
      Fine match! I became quiet when Torres scored. I even prayed after first half to Torres to score. So he heard me!

Well done, Liverpool! Let's play always with the same determination.

It's nice of Inter fans that banner! They booed more their players at the end of the match and applauded us.

Congratulations to all Liverpool fans with that win! I want to come in Moscow 21th of May. I even know how I will get there!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #301: Mar 12, 2008 06:36:20 pm
      I want to come in Moscow 21th of May. I even know how I will get there!

If Barcelona make it to the final with us... I'm screwed on flight availability from Spain.

If another English club make it to the final with us... most peeps on here are screwed.

So let's hope Schalke make it to the final eh... then I woke up... and it was us versus the Mancs....GERRRIN!

Right I'm off for a little dinner date with a certain SeƱor Guillem Balague and friends from the local supporters branch.

IRWT
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #302: Mar 12, 2008 06:38:20 pm
      If Barcelona make it to the final with us... I'm screwed on flight availability from Spain.

If another English club make it to the final with us... most peeps on here are screwed.

So let's hope Schalke make it to the final eh... then I woke up... and it was us versus the Mancs....GERRRIN!

Right I'm off for a little dinner date with a certain SeƱor Guillem Balague and friends from the local supporters branch.

IRWT
      Get us some inside knowledge! How do you know all these people!
      mr.green
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #303: Mar 12, 2008 07:50:58 pm
      Congratulations The Reds.
      I really enjoyed when I watch the match...
      I hope; Liverpool may pair with FenerbahƧe...I want this.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #304: Mar 12, 2008 08:05:52 pm
      Fenerbahce away first leg sounds good to me. can't wait for the draw now.
      kwame30
      • Forum John Barnes

• 420 posts |
      Reply #305: Mar 12, 2008 08:07:42 pm
      ferguson hinted in post match interview after beating lyon that he would love to draw us, did anyone see that interview as well?
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #306: Mar 12, 2008 08:21:43 pm

IRWT

"Right I'm off for a little dinner date with a certain SeƱor Guillem Balague and friends from the local supporters branch"

This shouldn't be allowed - as I've said before - fraud is rife on the world wide web!
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #307: Mar 12, 2008 09:03:33 pm

IRWT

It's not important to me who will be playing with us in the final! I can get to Moscow any way. I am in better position to be closer to Moscow than many of you!
      I even know where I will stay when I come there.
       The only thing is to buy tickets....
      MsGerrard
      Reply #308: Mar 13, 2008 12:49:57 am

IRWT

We want a full report on all the background info that Guillem has on Rafa............hope you have a great evening Donrafael ;D

Welcome back Crazy Horse.........great night for all REDS everywhere
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #309: Mar 13, 2008 05:38:05 pm
      I would like a foreign team though because I've got itchy feet and 22 Euro's left I me Jeans! ;)

Glad you made it back safely do you know if Tommos mate got a ticket and got in they were turning away anyone with no ID or tickets that did match their ID but that was quite early on I suppose as more people turned up they probably would of given up.

talking of Euros I didn't spend many of mine I got at the airport, as we spent most of our time travelling through Switzerland, how was I to know they use the Swiss Francs  ???, i`ll give the Swiss credit they run their train network with military precision to the minute.

We meet up with Emil and his family who we bought the tickets from and travelled to game with by coach over the Alps, my first visit to Switzerland absolutely stunning scenery.

The atmosphere in side the stadium was quite intimidating prior to kick off the red fans were amazing singing their hearts out and kept it going all game, the only response from the Inter fans was to blow whistles and jeering they donā€™t seem to have any songs to sing, Fair play to their fans they were good as gold and accepted defeat graciously in the end.

The first half was a killer I had run out of finger nails to bite by half time, Mascherano was outstanding all game, but the way the ref was throwing yellow cards around I thought he might end up getting sent off, when they had the player sent off you knew we would win. Torres is absolutely class.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #310: Mar 14, 2008 12:54:40 am
      Hi all,
       Just got back from the game, and what a trip.
      My mate did manage to get a ticket outside the ground (Inter end), but they did let him into our end.
      Feeling very knackered at the mo, but will give a detailed account of the trip later today.
      But overall - one of the best trips / matches I've been to.
      No trouble seen at all, Milan fans were fantastic and the ground is something else. ( pic's to follow, did the stadium tour on Wednesday - stunning )
      Hope you've all behaved yourselves  ;)
      Speak soon.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #311: Mar 14, 2008 12:56:32 am
      Good to see you back safe mate. Did you bring any nice italian girls home for the lads?
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #312: Mar 14, 2008 12:56:33 am
      Glad you you enjoyed the game and are back safely Venison. Tommo did say his mate did get a ticket and they were all sorted. There was 17 of my mates over there and we only just managed to get tickets ourselves! But alls well that ends well my friend! ;)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #313: Mar 14, 2008 12:57:12 am
      Good to hear you had a good time mate, and got back in one piece.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #314: Mar 14, 2008 12:58:15 am
      Hi all,
       Just got back from the game, and what a trip.
      My mate did manage to get a ticket outside the ground (Inter end), but they did let him into our end.
      Feeling very knackered at the mo, but will give a detailed account of the trip later today.
      But overall - one of the best trips / matches I've been to.
      No trouble seen at all, Milan fans were fantastic and the ground is something else. ( pic's to follow, did the stadium tour on Wednesday - stunning )
      Hope you've all behaved yourselves  ;)
      Speak soon.

Good to see you back Tommo.............all's well that ends well eh !!
      Looking forward to the report :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #315: Mar 14, 2008 01:24:11 pm
      Glad to hear your back safe Tommo, and what a game mate! :D Looking forward to your trip report! :D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #316: Mar 14, 2008 02:46:55 pm
      Well where do I start  :D
      Flew over to Bergamo on Monday, got there around 21.30 and went straight to our hotel. (run by 3 women and there pet dog  :))
      Freshened up and went to a little bar just up the road. In there was great, talking to Inter, AC & Juve fans. Had a little rendition of YNWA which I think they enjoyed  :f_tongueincheek:, and eventually went back to the hotel pissed.

It's a fantastic little town Bergamo, beautiful scenery and very friendly people. Trust me, it's a lot cheaper than Milan. If you find yourselves cheap flights to Milan, stay in Bergamo and get the train into Milan. The train only costs around 4 euros each way and takes an hour.

Day 2 - and into Milan we went. Walking down for the train I met up with 2 lads who sit a few seats away from me at Anfield, so a few beers were had and the 4 of us got the train to Milan.
      The weather was fantastic as we arrived at the station, and the station was huge !!.
      Got a taxi to our hotel, and then back into the centre to meet all the others at Duomo square.
      Now that is an absolutley beautiful place !!!
      The square is usually dominated by the Cathedral - amazing building.
      But match day it was full of Reds  :D
      There I met around 10 of my mates, and also met up with our own Crazy Horse - good to meet you mate  :)
      Inter fans were amazed by the volume and antics of our supporters, with 3 footballs flying around and crates of lager being consumed all over the place.
      Sing songs dominated the atmosphere, with I think the Torres song being enjoyed by all.

From the square my mate and I got the tube to the ground. This was packed with obviously Inter fans, and a few groups of Reds - guess whose fans could be heard  :D. Again the Torres song was blasted out, and then all the bouncing for the chorus - Inter fans just stood and laughed, enjoying the atmosphere.
      At the ground, it only took a few minutes to sort a ticket out for my mate, he ended up paying around 70 euro's, but at least he was now in.

We walked round to our end, drinking bottles of lager and walking passed all the Inter fans - no trouble at all, and not once did we feel intimidated.
      At our end was a pub - so more drinking and singing was to be had.
      At this stage, a TV camera man approached me, and asked to film us, I checked his pass - sky TV.
      Ok yes, I said and off we went singing and dancing to The fields of Anfield Road (I think)
      Now, I'm meant to be the sensible one - but around 10 mins later, I was receiving a lot of texts from friends at home saying I was the main one they focused on, and was off my head  :lmao:

Into the ground and WOW !!
      I've been to many a stadium, but this just took my breath away.
      It was HUGE and full (barring 2 corners at either side of our supporters, one of which was eventually used for overspill of our fans.)
      The noise was completely different to anything our grounds can create - do to it's high stands.
      But, thankfully we stood tall in the first half and Mr Torres did us the honour in the second - in front of us all.
      We all went mental, and could not really take it all in - We were beating Inter in there on back yard !!

There supporters started to leave after 75 mins to a few chorus' of 'arrivederci'
      Those who stayed, stood and applauded us, to which every Liverpool supporter responded the same.
      A few chants of 'Inter' were sung by us, and another famous win was recorded.

Back to Doumo square after the match, and they took the piss the bars.
      I asked for 2 stein glasses of lager - 32 euro's for them (around 4 pints worth of beer)

Back to the hotel, pissed, happy and a very sore throat !!

Day 3
      Change of hotel, and off to the Cathedral. It has got to be one of the most stunning buildings I have every seen.
      We had a walk round inside it, and also below it.
      Then got onto a tram and back off to the San Siro.
      At the ground, we heard about the stadium tour - so this had to be done.
      It started in the museum, then into the ground and off into the changing rooms.
      That was one thing I just never realised - Inter and AC have seperate rooms aswell as the away teams room.
      Inter's changing room still had Manchini's pre match plan - Liverpool's team with details of each player.
      So a few pics were taken  :D
      Went out at night and found a bar showing Everton's match  :lmao:
      Perfect end to another great day.

Day 4.
      Didn't do to much yesterday.
      Went back to the Cathedral, and walked up hundreds of steps to get to the top. Unbelievable views of the City, and you could clearly see The Alps on the horizon - all snow capped - amazing view.
      We got the train back to Bergamo, had a few more bevvies then got our flight home.

Now, if you've every thought of seeing Liverpool abroad - please don't just sit there and wish it to happen.
      Get it booked. Go !!
      Even if you don't get a ticket, you'll be swept away by the atmosphere us Reds create.
      I say it's like a bug you get, once you've sampled it, you just want it to happen all the time.

I'll try and post a few piccy's later.

I'm totally pissed of with the draw.
      I was looking forward to another venture abroad, but maybe it's fate.
      And it'll save a few pennies for Moscow !!!
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #317: Mar 14, 2008 02:51:03 pm
      Great read - you're one lucky bugger !
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #318: Mar 14, 2008 03:10:37 pm
      Fantastic read that Tommo, glad you've enjoyed it!

Once I get a few pennies together I'm going to away European games! Got to be done hasn't it? :P
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #319: Mar 14, 2008 03:15:20 pm
      Cracking read Tommo.

Glad you enjoyed yourself mate.  And maybe it is fate.  Save your pennies for Moscow ;)
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #320: Mar 14, 2008 03:26:40 pm
      Good to here from you Tommo! Glad your back safely and you enjoyed the trip so much! I didn't here of any problems or any one not getting in. Seems like there was a lot of scare mongering by the authorities before hand with a small allocation and stories of police cordens around the stadium! I can't quite believe I'm writing this after previous trips I've had to Italy but I have to take my hat off to Inter and the Italian authorities for doing such a good job. And rival fans weren't kept apart at all, we had loads of banter every where we went! I hope to be going back in the very near future!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #321: Mar 14, 2008 04:22:43 pm
      Fantastic read Tommo. Sounds like you had a great time out there, i think i'll try to take your advice and take a trip abroad for our next game in another country.

Quick Reply