Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Inter Milan V's Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 14319 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Inter Milan V's Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #253: Mar 11, 2008 10:48:15 pm
      Pepe is surely on course to break another goalkeeping record, he's got like 5 clean sheets out of the last 6 games. I think Bebel could have contributed more but all in all it was a vey good performance. Solid at the back and threatning in attack. Highlight of the 1st half I think was when Torres skinned 2 players in the box but unfortunatly it went to a too tighta angle, also when it took 3 players to get the ball off him. Great goal in 2nd half.

Ibrahimovic, sh*t in the 1st leg and just as bad in the 2nd.

Bring on the next set of victims, sorry I mean team  ;)
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #254: Mar 11, 2008 10:49:44 pm

After me....

And it's All gone quiet over there!
      And it's all gone quiet over there!
      And it's all gone quiet!
      All gone quiet!
      All gone quiet over there!
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #255: Mar 11, 2008 10:56:02 pm
      good result, maybe i was wishing for too much for 3-0 but atleast we got 3-0 on aggregate! :D

skrtel impressed me yet again, another great sigining for the future me thinks.

well in lads!!
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #256: Mar 11, 2008 10:56:07 pm
      WHHHHHHHHHEY back from the boozer! Loved jumping around in all the manc cu*ts faces in the pub when Torres scored, all F***ing cheering Inter on. Other half of the pub were Liverpool fans.

What a player El Nino is!

Eddie, like they'd come on after a win like this!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #257: Mar 11, 2008 11:01:08 pm
      After me....

And it's all gone quiet!
      All gone quiet!

Quality ;D
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #258: Mar 11, 2008 11:11:33 pm
      What was this banner they made I'm hearing about? I didn't see it on SS2? Said something like "No matter the result tonight, thank you for 2005, we'll never forget"?

:D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #259: Mar 11, 2008 11:23:58 pm
      After me....

And it's all gone quiet!
      All gone quiet!

Now I know what you meant about that post :D :D :D
      violatio
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #260: Mar 11, 2008 11:27:28 pm
      Lovely... simply awesome. Oozes class. LIVERPOOL.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #261: Mar 11, 2008 11:31:29 pm
      After me....

And it's all gone quiet!
      All gone quiet!

Hilarious! Nice.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #262: Mar 11, 2008 11:45:27 pm
      WAVE YOUR BOLLOCKS IN THE AIR.

IT'S QUATER FINAL TIME AGAIN PEEPS.

RAFA RAFAEL RAFA RAFAEL RAFA RAFAEL RAFAEL BENITEZ

Possibly the best post of the thread.  :D

Same here JD.

I have to mention srslfc. He said a few nights ago that Ibrahimovic was one of the most over rated players going - as did JD tonight. Couldn't be more right. What a pile of crap he is. He'd do well at everton.

Touchy first half that was. Looked like we were more concerned about them scoring a goal than we were about us getting one. Fair enough. But I'd hate to think our players weren't sure if they were able to keep the ball and play our own game.

No doubt we grew into the game though and the Inter players looked like they were extras in that film, Platoon:

I'll never tire of watching Torres score that goal tonight. Sheer class. One touch, then bang. Once again that mighty red.

Great to see the Inter fans applaud us near the end. They have my respect.

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall in Tommy Smiths house tonight. The ghost has been layed to rest and Shankly will be smiling down on all of us tonight. Let's hope we can go on to win it now....

Thought no player was amazing for us tonight - apart from some individual brilliance from Torres. But that's not to say anyone had a poor game. We done a professional job. Pepe needs special mention for two fantastic saves. He's one of the best in the world. The defence didn't look they were out of control but there was a few one or two dodgy moments. That time Skrtel gifted the ball to Ibrahimovic was certainly a let off when he put it wide. But Skrtel hasn't put a foot wrong lately and everyone makes a mistake sooner or later.
      The amount of running in the midfield was very good to see. A few sloppy passes now and again, fair enough. But the commitment and graft was there. Mascherano as well as Lucas, grew into the game.
      Babel, Kuyt, Gerrard and Torres seemed like they were trying just a little bit too hard early on. But as the game progressed, I felt like they were beginning to click into gear.

First half was nail biting and frustrating. Second half started off pretty much the same but then we started playing the ball around a bit better and looked more relaxed. The sending off obviously gave us a mental boost. Then Torres goal was the nail in the coffin. After that is was only a matter of time until the ref blew the whistle nearly a minute and a half early.  ;)

Inter Milan are no slouches. I personally think they are a very good team lately and I'm surprised to hear Mancini wants to leave at the end of the season after tonights game. We've done very well to beat them at home and away. Just shows you what our players are capable of when they put their mind to it.

Into the quarters. Would prefer a foreign team to keep it European to be honest. But you have to beat whoever is in your way to be the best. And we can do that. Well done you red men!

Hope Tommo, Crazy Horse and Venison 86 have a safe journey home.
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2008 11:48:48 pm by redkenny »
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #263: Mar 11, 2008 11:49:38 pm
      Was going to post a bit more of my inital feelings but Kenny you've just said it all for me there.

Safe trips back from our lads in Italy!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #264: Mar 12, 2008 12:03:28 am
      WOOOW we beat them so bad their manager is leaving haha.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #265: Mar 12, 2008 12:05:55 am
      Were On the March were Rafa's Army
      Were all going to Moscow
      And we'll really shake em up when we win the Euro Cup
      Cos Liverpool are the Greatest Football Team

;D :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:

Great Night.........Europe our speciality, thanks to a certain Mr Rafael Benitez and a Mr Fernando Torres.  :)

But it would be unkind of me to single out just one or two players tonight, as they all played their part so magnificently, under at times, extreme provacation from the dramatics of the Italians..........I thought at one point they were all competing with each other for the Oscars.

Liverpool kept their cool and their heads and its the mighty Reds who go into Fridays draw and deservedly so.

Inter Milan players should be ashamed of themselves the way they threw themselves around that pitch tonight, trying to get our players booked/sent off.
      Fortunately we didn't rise to the bait, I couldn't believe it when one of their team got Yossi round the scruff of the neck :f_steam:

We did the hard work in the first leg and kept them contained at the San Siro, so a massive WELL DONE tonight to Liverpool Football Club.

Shanks.............this was for you ;)

Tommo, Venison and Crazy Horse..........bet you're glad you made the trip.........Boss night for you lads, take care and get back safely..........but enjoy TONIGHT ;D with a few beers.. ;)

Surprised............... ....We haven't heard anything from our Italian friend FC INTERNAZIONALE ;)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #266: Mar 12, 2008 12:10:36 am
      No doubt we grew into the game though and the Inter players looked like they were extras in that film, Platoon:

You mean something like this Ken?

:D :D :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #267: Mar 12, 2008 12:13:42 am
      Superb Eddie.  :D :D :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #268: Mar 12, 2008 12:15:19 am
      An excellent, professional performance tonight. I thought before the game that we had enough to go through and although Inter had a couple of decent chances the result never really looked in doubt. The first half we maybe sat back a little too much and didn't pass the ball well enough but once the goal went in that was game over. I don't think Inter would have scored even with 11 men on the pitch.

Special mention to the Inter fans who clapped us while we passed the ball around in the last few minutes. Although their team had lost they still showed their respect for the better team over both legs. A nice touch and something which is not always evident in football these days.

I have to mention srslfc. He said a few nights ago that Ibrahimovic was one of the most over rated players going - as did JD tonight. Couldn't be more right. What a pile of crap he is. He'd do well at everton.

Told you he wouldn't cause us any problems Kenny ;) :D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #269: Mar 12, 2008 12:17:27 am
      Told you he wouldn't cause us any problems Kenny ;) :D

Him and Cruz can roll those balls past the far past all day.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #270: Mar 12, 2008 12:17:47 am

Brilliant!!!  :D :D :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #271: Mar 12, 2008 12:21:58 am

Nice one Eddie  ;)

So Torres won the Oscar tonight, without all the diving and the dramatics  ;)
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #272: Mar 12, 2008 12:23:39 am
      Yesterday I said please don't go with 3 centre halfs although Jamie played full back,what do I know, Raffa just one thing to say FANTASTICO.....
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #273: Mar 12, 2008 12:33:14 am
      MsGerrard
      Reply #274: Mar 12, 2008 12:36:40 am
      Even better Eddie ;)

He certainly did a job on the Italians tonight ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #275: Mar 12, 2008 06:05:29 am
      What a result...I'm over the moon. Can't say much more than has already been said. Just wanted to come on and share it with you all. F***ing WRAPPED.  Great performance from the boys, only one negative for me but I'm not even going to mention it as all that mattered was we got through. We are in the quarters and Inter aren't ;D

Just want to say, what a fantastic goal from TORRES....world class goal from a world class player and a special mention to Masch...what a gem we have and to Pepe for his stunning saves. oh F**k it...to every one who wore red...I f***in love ya. Go you REDS, and Tommo, Crazy Horse and Venison, come home safe boys.

P.S Eddie, funny as F**k, as usual mate.

Quick Reply