Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Any computer boffins...

Read 3007 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Any computer boffins...
      Mar 12, 2008 03:08:53 pm
      Every time I try to play a song or video in any program or over the net, it runs twice as fast and no audio comes out of my speakers. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Nice one  :)
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Re: Any computer boffins...
      Reply #1: Mar 12, 2008 04:07:18 pm
      I have a question for you - if there is no sound, how do you know its going fast?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Mar 12, 2008 04:24:01 pm
      Might be your sound card? Try re-booting your comp, then plug some headphones in and play a cd. If it's still the same, then you might have a sound card problem.

What program do you use to play music usually? Windows Media Player? Realplayer?
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #3: Mar 12, 2008 04:33:23 pm
      I think music off the internet is normally on real player - might be wrong.

If you do use Real Player - contact RealNetworks
      If you use windows media player - contact Microsoft

I think you can also play it on the online site (such as Youtube) so if you do it might be worth sending them a message, sure they have contact messages.
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: Mar 12, 2008 08:23:56 pm
      Just got back from work hence the late reply.

F9T - The bar at the bottom that tells you how far into a song/video it is goes twice as fast.

I'll try rebooting.
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #5: Mar 12, 2008 09:04:56 pm
      It's still the same :( I use WMP but it happens in all programs including youtube videos etc.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Mar 12, 2008 10:14:26 pm
      Best thing to do is to find out if it's a Sound Card related problem mate. Try these things to see if you can narrow the problem down to what it is.

What's your operating system Paul?

If it's XP, go to the Start up menu and click on Control Panel. Then click on Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices. Then click on Sounds and Audio Devices.
      A little window should pop up with some tabs on the top of it. Click the last tab which says 'Hardware'.

You should see a list come up of everything that's to do with your sound on the computer - cd drive etc... The first thing in the list should be highlighted and you'll see a little description at the bottom of the little window that opened up, saying if the device is working properly or not.
      Just click once on each thing in the list to highlight it and see if the description on the bottom, says if anything isn't working properly.

If everything is ok in that list, then the best thing to do is to go to your Device Manager. Close the windows down you've just opened.

Click Start, then right-click on My Computer. Select Properties, then select the Hardware tab. Then click on the Device manager button. This will bring up a list of all things in your computer.
      Move down to where it says 'Sound, Video and Game Controllers' and click the '+' sign next to it. Another sub list will appear.

If you see any yellow exclamation marks next to anything in the list, that's where your problem is, so make a note of it. As to what you do if you find a problem, I can't help you there. It might be worth googling the problem (if you find one of course). Because no doubt someone else somewhere will have encountered a similar problem to you.

If you don't find anything wrong, it might be worth having a look at this forum I've linked and possibly even posting your problem up. Good luck mate.

http://forums.techguy.org/

paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #7: Mar 12, 2008 10:43:53 pm
      Best thing to do is to find out if it's a Sound Card related problem mate. Try these things to see if you can narrow the problem down to what it is.

What's your operating system Paul?

If it's XP, go to the Start up menu and click on Control Panel. Then click on Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices. Then click on Sounds and Audio Devices.
      A little window should pop up with some tabs on the top of it. Click the last tab which says 'Hardware'.

Can't even get passed that bit :D

Nice one anyway RK. I'll have a gander on that site, cheers mate.

Quick Reply