Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool get Arsenal in Champions League

Read 6286 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Liverpool get Arsenal in Champions League
      Mar 14, 2008 12:23:17 pm
      We have the gooners folks, what do you reckon on that then. F***ing fix if you ask me
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2008 07:13:21 pm by JD »
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Arsenal in the quarter finals
      Reply #1: Mar 14, 2008 12:26:40 pm
      dont know what to think, tough game. 3 times in a row aswell sheesh. But i think we can take them.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: Mar 14, 2008 12:29:48 pm
      At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who we've been faced with. We can beat anyone on our day, and as it so happens, our days usually arrive on Champions League nights! ;)

Just a shame we haven't got some luxurious places to visit on the way to Moscow! :D
      redhotrobbie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -16 
      Reply #3: Mar 14, 2008 12:38:12 pm
      we played them this time last year.  Anyone remember the score?  Give Crouchy a game
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #4: Mar 14, 2008 12:46:06 pm
      From LFC Website

The Reds will travel to the Emirates Stadium in the first leg on April 1/2 before entertaining Arsene Wenger's side in the second-leg on April 8/9.

Should Rafael Benitez's men overcome the Gunners they will face Fenerbahce or Chelsea in the semi-finals with the first leg to be played at home on April 22/23 with the second leg on April 29/30.

The quarter-final draw in full:

Arsenal v Liverpool
      Roma v Man United
      Schalke v Barcelona
      Fenerbahce v Chelsea

The semi-final draw:

Arsenal or Liverpool v Fenerbahce or Chelsea
      Schalke or Barcelona v Roma or Man United

If all goes to plan It's our usual semi final against Chelski and United get Barcelona (Shame) ;D
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #5: Mar 14, 2008 12:47:38 pm
      sh*te draw that! Chavski and Man Ure will win. If we progress we will get Chavski in the semi's (second leg at the bridge this time though!) and Man Ure in the final! Time to change my Euro's back!
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #6: Mar 14, 2008 12:50:44 pm
      We can do these, try and get a couple of away goals at their gaff and then we can go and dispose of chelsea :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #7: Mar 14, 2008 12:52:33 pm
      It's a decent draw, only for the fact we've got to go to Stamford Bridge in the 2nd leg of the Semi (providing all goes to plan, of course! ::))

I wouldn't mind a pop at Barca in the final but to beat the Mancs in Moscow would be something else! Shoving that back down their throats every time they mouth off! 8)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #8: Mar 14, 2008 12:53:03 pm
      I'm pretty sure we'll get past them, I was really disappointed at first when I saw the draw (Scum-Roma and Chavs-Fenerbahce just too F***ing perfect for them as usual  ::)...). But now that I've been thinking about it it's not so bad. The last 8 teams in Europe isn't going to leave too many walkovers, and anyway we lost to Barnsley in the FA Cup so I don't think getting Schalke or Fenerbahce would be like getting a free ticket to the semis, it'd be more like another stone to trip over!

I know that we can beat any of Europe's finest, and I know that we're going to go through! I don't care about their talent, because I know our lads have what it takes ! Liverpool always rises to a challenge, and the bigger the better - I can't wait to see us in the semi-final draw versus Schalke or Fenerbahce because I have a feeling that at least one of the other two English teams is going to get caught out by their "underdog" opponents!  :D

Come on you Reds!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #9: Mar 14, 2008 12:54:34 pm
      tight as a ducks arse this round dunno how to call it to be honest, have to asy one thing though Kenyons face when he saw the chavs had fenerbache was a sight. He was delighted I can tell you that thing is though on current form and with a tough hostile away leg I can see the Turks over turning the chavs. I also think Roma could do well against the SCUM.

I still think we are on for a Liverpool v Barcelona final or could history repeat itself again with a Arsenal v Barcelona final, wish I had a crystal that worked!! I Would be minted
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #10: Mar 14, 2008 01:07:23 pm
      It's a decent draw, only for the fact we've got to go to Stamford Bridge in the 2nd leg of the Semi (providing all goes to plan, of course! ::))

I wouldn't mind a pop at Barca in the final but to beat the Mancs in Moscow would be something else! Shoving that back down their throats every time they mouth off! 8)

if we get beat by them though in the final :| i think i might top myself
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #11: Mar 14, 2008 01:08:42 pm
      Thinking about this draw a bit more I now think it is a great result.

We always do well as the underdogs, and lets face it, the press will be writing our Champions League obituaries as we speak.

Whenever we are favourite we seem to lose.  I think it might have something to do with the psychology of the team in that they pull out the best performances against strong or so called superior opposition.  The pressure will be on Man U, Chelski, Barcelona and hopefully Arsenal because they will be expected to win.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #12: Mar 14, 2008 01:19:33 pm
      I think we could do Arsenal at the Emirates. That day we drew 1-1 at anfield this season, we played Voronin, who seems pretty narrow. Kuyt however doesn't mind drifting out wide, and some of his crosses for Nando haven't been half bad. More often that not Torres has scored when the delivery has been good.

Now we're playing a 4-2-3-2-1 which is working so well. I think Rafa knows it.

The team that day was:

Pepe Reina   
      John Arne Riise 
      Jamie Carragher 
      Sami Hyypia 
      Steve Finnan   
      Andriy Voronin 
      Xabi Alonso   
      Javier Mascherano
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      Dirk Kuyt
      Fernando Torres

This time round I think it will be something along the lines of (providing no injuries)

Reina

Carragher  Sami      Skrtel   Aurelio

Alonso            Masch

Kuyt                                 Babel
                    Gerrard
                              Torres

Arsenal play excellent football when they're allowed to. I felt Alonso going off injured gave Arsenal the advantage. Now if we play Xabi and Masch, and get them closing down their midfiled/attack and restrict their time on the ball I feel we can really dominate the game. This would also of course give Stevie the chances to get up top with Nando, as well as Kuyt and Babel. We get a couple of away goals and they're up sh*t creek.

I do think Aurelio/Riise would have to support Babel often as Eboue is pretty quick as well.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #13: Mar 14, 2008 01:20:21 pm
      if we get beat by them though in the final :| I think I might top myself

Don't blaspheme! ;)

I know what you mean though, it's a winner takes all match in terms of bragging rights! I can't think of anything bigger! I can actually see them slipping up against Barca though, if they make it past Roma of course! >:D

Thinking about this draw a bit more I now think it is a great result.

We always do well as the underdogs, and lets face it, the press will be writing our Champions League obituaries as we speak.

Whenever we are favourite we seem to lose.  I think it might have something to do with the psychology of the team in that they pull out the best performances against strong or so called superior opposition.  The pressure will be on Man U, Chelski, Barcelona and hopefully Arsenal because they will be expected to win.

Exactly! If we would have drawn Shalke or Fenerbache we would have probably slipped up! A trip to the final this season will shut up all of the other English teams! :D
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #14: Mar 14, 2008 01:27:10 pm
      I really don't think it is a bad draw.We have outplayed the big names in the champions league the past few seasons and we seem to strive off beating the big teams.

Then the past 2 occassions we made it to the finals we've played Chelsea in the Semi's.
      I actually think they are all starting to pray now that we lose to the arse as they are sh*t scared of us in the Champions league and also thinking they haven't beaten us in the league this season so we have no ghosts haunting us.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #15: Mar 14, 2008 01:49:30 pm
      We'll beat them 99.5 % sure we will!

As for Chelsea, could prove decisive with us playing at home first!

Matt

COME ON THE REDS!
      redhotrobbie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -16 
      Reply #16: Mar 14, 2008 02:32:47 pm
      Gillet:  "I'm really enjoying all three teams, but for different reasons. In Liverpool, it's a long distance away and there's been a fair amount of controversy over there.  "In spite of that, the boys are playing very well and I'm proud of them."

Seems more positive than Parry. Look how proud he is
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #17: Mar 14, 2008 03:00:51 pm
      I actually didn't think this was going to happen but wow 3 times in one week?!

to be totally honest i really think we can win these games with the way we are playing and the way arsenal are playing.

I think we could do Arsenal at the Emirates. That day we drew 1-1 at anfield this season, we played Voronin, who seems pretty narrow. Kuyt however doesn't mind drifting out wide, and some of his crosses for Nando haven't been half bad. More often that not Torres has scored when the delivery has been good.

Now we're playing a 4-2-3-2-1 which is working so well. I think Rafa knows it.

The team that day was:

Pepe Reina  
      John Arne Riise 
      Jamie Carragher 
      Sami Hyypia 
      Steve Finnan  
      Andriy Voronin 
      Xabi Alonso  
      Javier Mascherano
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      Dirk Kuyt
      Fernando Torres

This time round I think it will be something along the lines of (providing no injuries)

Reina

Carragher  Sami      Skrtel   Aurelio

Alonso            Masch

Kuyt                                 Babel
                    Gerrard
                              Torres

Arsenal play excellent football when they're allowed to. I felt Alonso going off injured gave Arsenal the advantage. Now if we play Xabi and Masch, and get them closing down their midfiled/attack and restrict their time on the ball I feel we can really dominate the game. This would also of course give Stevie the chances to get up top with Nando, as well as Kuyt and Babel. We get a couple of away goals and they're up sh*t creek.

I do think Aurelio/Riise would have to support Babel often as Eboue is pretty quick as well.

Dead right mate i totally agree, we dont have a bad record there at all and if we drew with them when voronin was playing and the form we were in before then I'm extremely confident we can do this. every thing has changed, our formation is better our squad is gelling perfectly our defence is actually stronger than before even though we are missing agger. arsenals squad isn't the best shape at the moment I'm actually looking forward to this  ;D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: Mar 14, 2008 03:23:30 pm
      Just been checking out a few Arsenal forums and they are all cocky bas**rds.

No doubt they will be feeling sore after the three games after Fernando & Stevie bent them over on all 3 occasions.

Daft bas**rds.  http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36227&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=270
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #19: Mar 14, 2008 03:34:09 pm
      is it me or do they all sound like a bunch of retards? they are ripping into each other. id hate to support a club like that, pretentious tossers.

reminds me of that pantera lyric out of the song "regular people" it goes: "We fight for love of brother while your friends fight one another"

they will be the ones getting raped over the 3 matches.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #20: Mar 14, 2008 03:36:22 pm
      A lot of fans sound apprehensive about Arsenal but not me,bring on the best that way we have a better chance once through. Some of our competitors in the EPL are looking a little tired lately even though some have large squads so maybe Mr Benitas is getting it right at the right time and we can get through this minefield in better shape than most...
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #21: Mar 14, 2008 03:56:44 pm
      Didn't expect us to get Arsenal, but F**k them! We are definitely the better team on our day, and as CRK said,  Europe always seems to be our day! Gonna be a tough game against them, but if we can get an away goal then they are up sh*t creek! And with the 2nd leg at Anfield, well we all know that we can do anything there.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Mar 14, 2008 04:02:34 pm
      Can't say I'm pleased but you get what you're given. I would have prefered a foreign feel to the competition as it progresses but now it has the potential to be all English for us, up to the final. It's a shame.

We can only beat what's in front of us. This could be the biggest test in our European history if we get to the final. So winning the competition would make it even more special.

Arsenal have another thing coming if they think they can breeze past us.

Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      • 'You'll never walk alone'
      Reply #23: Mar 14, 2008 04:06:47 pm
      First of all i think arsenal will be more worried of us as we are of them because of are european history and the statment we sent out when we beat inter.

for me i think that arsenal will be a though match but we'll beat them at anfield and go through to play chelski.

I think we need to keep a clean sheet at anfield and score one or two goals to set us up nicely for a trip 2 stanford bridge.

and i cant see ushited beating barca so a LIVERPOOL VS BARCA FINAL.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #24: Mar 14, 2008 04:07:36 pm
      There will be plenty of Cocky Gooners who think this will be a walk over for Arsenal. Being the underdogs quite suits us, and the whole media will be saying Arsenal will beat us! Just like they said Chelsea, Inter, Juve, Barcelona, Milan would beat us before! They wont beat us 3 times in a week that is for sure! I'm backing us to avoid defeat in two trips to the Emirates and a famous win in the cauldron of hostility that will be Anfield for the third encounter!!  8)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #25: Mar 14, 2008 04:28:23 pm
      I wasnt worried who we got too much i just wanted to be underdogs, that seems to bring out the best in us. We can beat anyone in the world over two games in europe.

All the press were ranting and raving about how arsenal were amazing in milan but they beat the weaker of the two italian sides, we took on the stronger team in my opinion and swept them aside with 3 great goals. Bring em on i hope we can knock em out and make it to the final.
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Reply #26: Mar 14, 2008 04:29:49 pm
      i think this draw has been TOUGH on us. very tough. theyre the only team that seem to outplay us every time we play them. they came anfield early this season and outplayed us. they looked so dangerous and all we done was defend. they seem to have a style that we cant handle. BUT we have benitez. now this will be very intresting to see what he does to counter what they throw at us.

IF we get through we might be seeing Chavski in the qtrs. the second leg at the bridge is very very hard! we havnt scored there since benitez has been managing us which means we will have to go at them at anfield. i think the saviour of this tie will be uncle fester aka avram grant. he's not a good manager at all, he just substitutes like for like so i can see benitez out witting him any day, even on a sunday! Our BIGGEST worry would be to meet manure in the final. They beat us all the time. I absolutley hate them but they beat us ALL the time. rafa will need to figure out how to stop them because lets face it, they come Anfield and beat us so moscow is better for them. Saying all this i trust Rafa enough to serve up the goods. Im scared but i have faith! cum on lads!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #27: Mar 14, 2008 04:43:28 pm
      Last season at anfield we outplayed them as much as you can outplay a team.

We can take them.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #28: Mar 14, 2008 05:03:23 pm
      It's a pity that EPL teams couldn't have been kept apart at this stage but the two who have got Euro teams will both get tough games, it wouldn't surprise me to see Roma get their revenge has there is no better incentive than to beat a team that knocked you out last year and you may also see a surprise at Moneybags Hotel as Zico's team have shown improvement every year he's been their. And ourselves we seem to be starting a run just right which could end in Moscow. Arsenal I'm hoping have peeked to soon so whatever happens we are in for some great football from two good footballing teams which with a little luck the reds will win (for having rested players earlier in the season)...
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #29: Mar 14, 2008 05:13:39 pm
        To be honest I'm pretty happy  with the draw

An easy draw at this stage does not exist
          yes man ure  got roma (who knocked out real madrid  pretty comfortabbly) so its not an easy draw either

Chelsea heve to travel to turkey ( easy on paper  BUT as said before there is not such an easy draw

The only thing I don't like in this draw is that we are playing the gunners in the premiership on the weekend between the CL ties
       BUT i am pretty confident we can make this 
        COME ON YOU REDS
       YNWA
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2008 05:56:18 pm by xabigerrard »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #30: Mar 14, 2008 07:13:01 pm
      We have the gooners folks, what do you reckon on that then. F***ing fix if you ask me

Fix methinks.

In the Quarter Finals and technically to win the trophy we may not have to meet another 'European' side.

We defintely have the hardest route to try and win the trophy.  (Which probably means we now will).

I wanted a 'European' side.  Going to be sick of the sight of these English sides.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Liverpool get Arsenal in Champions League
      Reply #31: Mar 14, 2008 07:14:03 pm

Like the Inter Milan game then...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #32: Mar 14, 2008 07:16:55 pm
      I doubt we'll face another European team again, which is a big shame because thats what playing in Europe is all about.
      However if we get to the final I'm confident it'll be against Barcelona and not Man Utd.

I'd rather us play Barcelona just for the reason that it's a European team and will feel more like a Champions League Final rather than an FA Cup final. However we've still got a lot of work to do so lets not get carried away.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #33: Mar 14, 2008 07:39:57 pm
      I think this is an opportunity to mute the voices of the vicious critics and those that believe in Liverpool as long as believing does not include Liverpool being better than Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U. It is a tough draw but imagine the pain that would be brought upon these clowns of we disposed of Arsenal in the quarter final, Chelsea in the semi final and Man U in the final, assuming that by some stroke of luck and lightning striking twice or trice, Chelsea and Man U make it that far.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #34: Mar 14, 2008 07:42:01 pm
      Poor Arsenal! Poor Chelsea! Poor Man Utd!
      They get Liverpool for their rival in CL!
      As I was told it will be the EPL in Euroean scope.

Poor Arsenal! they know that we go to the 1/2 final!
      Poor Chelsea! One time to play v. them and win is called fortuity, the second time to play and win them is called regularity. The third time to play v. them and win will be called a habit! So let's make it a habit to win Chelsea every time we play v. them.
      Poor MU! It will their first lost in the final of CL! So it will show the best team in England are Liverpool!

But it would be fine to see either MU or Roma in the final!

Another English v. Italian final.

Thanks to Rihat Dasaev for such draws! And thank you for Taylor to say the only Russian words 'Spasibo'! It was pronounced in amazing way!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35: Mar 14, 2008 07:56:06 pm
      we played them this time last year.  Anyone remember the score?  Give Crouchy a game
      robbie I can understand why you ask that question and mention Crouch.We played them on the 31st of March 2007 the score was 4-1 to the MIGHTY REDS and somethink unusual happened Crouchy got a Hat-trick.Now why should we be afraid of Arsenal in the E.P.L. or the Champions league,I would think they are more worried about us than we are about them.The REDS are on a roll carry on with the good work RAFA.
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2008 07:58:07 pm by Billy1, Reason: delete a letter »
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #36: Mar 14, 2008 08:21:20 pm
      As you can see now our mission is possible in CL.

Yes, we all remember that perfect match. We deserved the win! I think Arsenal never get so much goals in their net!
      So we need to remind them about that event! However does any one remember when we won Arsenal at their stadium? Such things should be remembered!
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #37: Mar 14, 2008 08:37:10 pm
      I have to say I am disappointed and saddend by the draw. I really didn't want an English side but considering our European form at the moment, I am very confident we will go through and end up winning the cup for the sixth time. We have a good manager, whose tactics in European games are just spot on. We have players that are capable of beating any team, in any ground an in any competition. We are in good form at the moment as well.

IRWT

YNWA

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38: Mar 14, 2008 08:49:25 pm
      When, I first saw the draw, I was literally nearly sick...not with who we got but that Man U could draw Roma and Chelski got Fenerbache. First thought that crossed my mind was ....RIGGED.

Now, I've been sitting back at work thinking about it and a phrase keeps popping up in my head.

TO BE THE BEST YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST.

Looks like Arsenal have seriously got there work cut out for them if they want to be the best. ;)  Bring it on.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #39: Mar 14, 2008 09:05:23 pm
      Anyone seen the rumours that it was fixed.

The full draw was predicted atleast an hour before the live draw.

Qfinals as well as semis.

check this out

http://forums.liverpoolecho.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33755
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #40: Mar 14, 2008 09:10:56 pm
      Anyone seen the rumours that it was fixed.

The full draw was predicted atleast an hour before the live draw.

Qfinals as well as semis.

check this out

http://forums.liverpoolecho.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33755
      If thats true then UEFA are seriously up sh*t creek, but it is UEFA, so anythings possible with them tossers.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #41: Mar 14, 2008 09:37:08 pm
      True they do seem shifty.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #42: Mar 14, 2008 09:37:28 pm
      Daily mirror carried the news that the result was already on-line 2 hours before the actual draw took place.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #43: Mar 14, 2008 09:44:14 pm
      If those rumours are true, what does it change? We still can prove to be the best!
      Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      Reply #44: Mar 14, 2008 09:47:33 pm
      i cant beleive that. what a F***ing fix
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #45: Mar 15, 2008 04:12:30 am
      To be honest I think it is a decent draw, playing arsenal 3 times only works in our favour. Benitez will mastermind the plan that will make us all celebrate in the final game which will be the big one! 
      murpies
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      Reply #46: Mar 15, 2008 06:06:59 am
      hi hope we will revenge on last occasion when we lost both last season...
      YNWA come cast yur vote here  .... http://www.tnppostman.com/
      « Last Edit: Mar 15, 2008 09:07:54 am by murpies »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #47: Mar 15, 2008 06:28:27 am
      I think this is an opportunity to mute the voices of the vicious critics and those that believe in Liverpool as long as believing does not include Liverpool being better than Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U. It is a tough draw but imagine the pain that would be brought upon these clowns of we disposed of Arsenal in the quarter final, Chelsea in the semi final and Man U in the final, assuming that by some stroke of luck and lightning striking twice or trice, Chelsea and Man U make it that far.

I totally agree with what you're saying, I'm sick of people suggesting we aren't good enough, or as good as Manure, Chavs and Arse. Our performances against the "big three" this season have been pretty decent, certainly we've been better than Chelsea this year head-to-head, and outplayed Man U at Anfield! But even if we were to draw the other clubs once we've disposed of Arsenal  ;) and go on and beat them, you know they'd just bring out the same old argument: Liverpool are only good in cup competitions!

We're going to have to get used to the criticisms, because it all comes from the jealousy people have of our prestigious history, particularly during the '70's and '80's. Unfortunately, lots of critics who are around now are former players who got their butt kicked by our lads back then on a regular basis!  :D Sadly though, until our team hits the kind of form we had back then, people are always going to be on our backs at every given opportunity...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #48: Mar 15, 2008 06:36:53 am
      If we want to win the champions league it should not matter who we are drawn against.On our day we can beat any of the other 7 quarter finalists and for all Wengers brave talk I bet we were the last team he wanted to be drawn against.Have faith fellow REDS we will succeed as Liverpool Football Club know what it takes to win the Champions League.( roll on number 6 )
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #49: Mar 15, 2008 11:19:04 am
      The Dream final is still on the cards lets hope utd dont cock it up again like they did last season,we fear nobody in the champions league.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #50: Mar 15, 2008 11:43:28 am
      This tie suits me as a RED living in London. I went to the Emirates a few weeks back courtesy of a plumber mate at work who holds a season ticket. He might get me a ticket for this one too but I'll have to wait and see, it will be very strange being a Liverpool fan in amongst all those Gooners! :-X

With the confidence we have in the squad it would be great to carry it over to April and May, that will require some super-human efforts from the squad. Those 3 games in 8 days against the Gooners are going to be so mentally and physically demanding. Our expectations as Liverpool fans are obviously high, we expect the best but we have to realise a mistake by anyone at that stage could be crucial....
      Lets take advantage of them and show who has the European pedigree to go all the way.
      We can do it.

European Cup Finals Latest Scoreline
      LIVERPOOL - 5   LONDON - 0
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #51: Mar 15, 2008 11:59:07 am
      Like the Inter Milan game then...

:D I know, I thought that when I read it again! ;) It would be better if it were at Anfield 2nd leg again! Shake them up and then celebrate going to the final again in Anfield like the past two times! ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #52: Mar 15, 2008 02:11:00 pm
      Arsenal are a wicked team! I think this is probably the draw I least wanted out of all the teams. I would have even prefared Barcelona or United than Arsenal.

I'm not going to get my hopes up for this one, but I'll keep faith in Liverpool.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #53: Mar 15, 2008 10:06:51 pm
      I wasnt worried who we got too much I just wanted to be underdogs, that seems to bring out the best in us. We can beat anyone in the world over two games in europe.

Quite right lil cisse..........we have that European pedigree that most teams can only admire, we can beat anyone over two legs and I'm sure Rafa will do his homework and get the sums right.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #54: Mar 15, 2008 10:13:18 pm
      I would have preferred to be playing Fenerbache or Shalke rather than Arsenal but I'm not overly concerned as I really think we are capable of beating any team in Europe over two legs and the match against Arsenal will not be any different. Also the draw means we have the opportunity to knock Chlsea out at the semi's again!!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #55: Mar 15, 2008 10:45:46 pm
      Quite right lil cisse..........we have that European pedigree that most teams can only admire, we can beat anyone over two legs and I'm sure Rafa will do his homework and get the sums right.

I agree 100%. Other teams seem envious of us, they are a bit overconfident against us at times i think until they actually play us then they feel completely different about us after the games. I always just makes sure im not overconfident before games in the champions league, always gotta be cautious because you dont know what will happen.

I want the CL this season so much due to the draws we have got so far. Inter milan - as soon as we drew them i thought very tough game champions of italy and they were absolutely flying when we got them and i thought straight away everyone will tip inter to win but had to stay quietly confident that we could take them on.

And now Arsenal who were flying this season, their young team is determined to prove everyone wrong about them without that man thierry henry but their recent form has been shaky. We are also trying to show people once again what we can do and overcome a team everyone is tipping to beat us. winning against arsenal and going through would send a big message out to the rest of the teams left in the competition and winning the CL this season would be the sweetest thing.

Its gonna be a huge clash and im hoping we can show everyone we arent pushovers. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #56: Mar 15, 2008 11:09:55 pm
      Is Stevie G. suspended for this game? I'm sure I heard the commentator say during the second leg against Inter, that he now has 3 yellow cards.

It's going to be that much harder, but hopefully we get a decent result preferably a win of course and we head back to Anfield where Stevie will play and do the business for us and put us into a semi-final against Fenerbache.  ;D
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #57: Mar 16, 2008 01:03:37 am
      Couldn't care less about this fix talk, we're going to have to play tough sides throughout and if it means we get to beat both Chelsea and Arsenal en route to the final, so be it.

And once again we find ourselves in that great position of being slight underdogs in most people's eyes, which takes a lot of the pressure off. It's stupid, as we've beaten all the top teams and in the past three years constantly beaten the supposed favourites, and yet we are still labelled underdogs in every tie. I said it before the Inter game, I prefer it like that though, it just makes it much sweeter when we go through. :)

Looking forward to the ties, I'm sure they'll be closely fought and there'll be some good football to watch. Remember we were unlucky to draw at Anfield earlier in the year and we didn't even have a fully fit Torres (he went off at half time), so why can't we beat these lot?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #58: Mar 16, 2008 07:38:33 pm
      Winning the C.L. is to be the best in europe. Doesn't mater which order they come in, if you believe, you believe, end of.
      On tactical note,  Beat them at the Emirates. Field the reserves in the prem match and run them into the ground,
      Beat them at Anfield in the seond leg, Job done. Also the arse do seem to be hitting a bit of a blip while we are hitting agood run of form.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #59: Mar 18, 2008 01:15:54 am
      Field the reserves in the prem match and run them into the ground,

You should be on the telly, you. We should field a strong team in all three matches against the Arse. Especially the league game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #60: Mar 18, 2008 06:27:09 am
      Fixed. Thanks for the forum link lil cisse. That gave me absolute certainty it was fixed.

I said it in the other CL Q/F topic, we now have the chance to show those bas**rds who is the best. If we do it, that would make victory even sweeter. Saddle up fella's and gal's this is one bumpy ride!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #61: Mar 18, 2008 08:15:02 am
      No problem Crouchinho.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Arsenal - Hit Them With Nothing But Noise!
      Reply #62: Mar 20, 2008 12:11:25 pm
      Let's hit Arsenal, when they come to Anfield for the 2nd leg, with the biggest wall of noise ever produced! Im sick to death of hearing that their atmosphere is becoming awesome by fans and the media!

Let's show them on the 8th April that we are the worlds best fans! That we are the voice of football!

Matt
      Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      Reply #63: Mar 20, 2008 12:52:00 pm
      I agree, lets sing from start to finish
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #64: Mar 20, 2008 01:06:20 pm
      No doubt I will be sitting Kop end screaming my head off.

Looking forward to winding up the stewards with the Torres tune! :D
      Cy
      Reply #65: Mar 20, 2008 01:32:13 pm
      Not the best draw but not the worse either, one thing for sure, it's promise to be THE big gfame of these quarter finals. I expected a lot of diving and complain to the ref from the youngsters of arsenal, eboue probably more then anyone else. I also predicted a couple of reds cards and obviously a Liverpool qualification with a massive 4-0 win back home! yes you heard me right.

Let's have chelsea in the semi and man u in the final, that will shut everybody up once and for all.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #66: Mar 20, 2008 01:37:27 pm
      Let's have chelsea in the semi and man u in the final, that will shut everybody up once and for all.

That's what I'm hoping for too that would be well and truly class to knock out all the remaining british teams first hand, then let's see how many ppl start saying "luck of the draw" yea right!
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #67: Mar 20, 2008 02:19:01 pm
      Well, regardless of who we drew, we have to be capable of beating all of them to win the CL...we may just end up winning the Uefa Premier League (as I read on anfield-online recently  :D )

Bring em on...
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #68: Mar 20, 2008 02:24:22 pm
      No doubt I will be sitting Kop end screaming my head off.

Looking forward to winding up the stewards with the Torres tune! :D

Same here fella! Ner ner ner ner ner ner nerr nerrrrr ner nerrrrr!!! 8)

I've got to book it off work tonight! Along with the Semi's and the Final! Make sure I'm in there before everyone else! :D
      Macca_red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #69: Mar 20, 2008 04:06:15 pm
      I really fancy us in the CL against the gooners, we seem to have mastered the art of playing cup games (that we actually want to win!)...

The league game might be another matter...
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #70: Mar 22, 2008 11:48:19 pm
      and obviously a Liverpool qualification with a massive 4-0 win back home! yes you heard me right.

Hehehe, I like you, Cy!! :D :D
      Taking down Arsenal now, Chelsea as always in the semis, and then beating the scum in Moscow. Whos Englands best side???? ;D

Well, regardless of who we drew, we have to be capable of beating all of them to win the CL...we may just end up winning the Uefa Premier League (as I read on anfield-online recently  :D )

This site always cheer me up when I get negative...hehe :)
      We'll win both Europe and the Prem. No doubt.

Love it! Its the right mentality.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #71: Mar 23, 2008 01:28:21 pm
      When I go to another city for the first few times I am constantly going round and round and keep on getting lost.  Since the introduction of the sat nav, at least I have a back-up plan, and only use it when i get lost.  After a few times i am alright and get round the city with ease.  The quarter finals in Champs league is unfamiliar terrotorry for Arsene wenger, and unfortunately he can't use a tom tom! ;D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #72: Mar 24, 2008 07:24:07 pm
      I saw Arsenal demolish Real Madrid here last year... on their day they are awesome... but they are looking more than slightly shagged at the minute (mainly due to non-rotation... cough... Richo are you reading big boy).

Quick Reply