Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool get Arsenal in Champions League

Read 6284 times
      Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      • 'You'll never walk alone'
      Re: Arsenal in the quarter finals
      Reply #23: Mar 14, 2008 04:06:47 pm
      First of all i think arsenal will be more worried of us as we are of them because of are european history and the statment we sent out when we beat inter.

for me i think that arsenal will be a though match but we'll beat them at anfield and go through to play chelski.

I think we need to keep a clean sheet at anfield and score one or two goals to set us up nicely for a trip 2 stanford bridge.

and i cant see ushited beating barca so a LIVERPOOL VS BARCA FINAL.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #24: Mar 14, 2008 04:07:36 pm
      There will be plenty of Cocky Gooners who think this will be a walk over for Arsenal. Being the underdogs quite suits us, and the whole media will be saying Arsenal will beat us! Just like they said Chelsea, Inter, Juve, Barcelona, Milan would beat us before! They wont beat us 3 times in a week that is for sure! I'm backing us to avoid defeat in two trips to the Emirates and a famous win in the cauldron of hostility that will be Anfield for the third encounter!!  8)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #25: Mar 14, 2008 04:28:23 pm
      I wasnt worried who we got too much i just wanted to be underdogs, that seems to bring out the best in us. We can beat anyone in the world over two games in europe.

All the press were ranting and raving about how arsenal were amazing in milan but they beat the weaker of the two italian sides, we took on the stronger team in my opinion and swept them aside with 3 great goals. Bring em on i hope we can knock em out and make it to the final.
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Reply #26: Mar 14, 2008 04:29:49 pm
      i think this draw has been TOUGH on us. very tough. theyre the only team that seem to outplay us every time we play them. they came anfield early this season and outplayed us. they looked so dangerous and all we done was defend. they seem to have a style that we cant handle. BUT we have benitez. now this will be very intresting to see what he does to counter what they throw at us.

IF we get through we might be seeing Chavski in the qtrs. the second leg at the bridge is very very hard! we havnt scored there since benitez has been managing us which means we will have to go at them at anfield. i think the saviour of this tie will be uncle fester aka avram grant. he's not a good manager at all, he just substitutes like for like so i can see benitez out witting him any day, even on a sunday! Our BIGGEST worry would be to meet manure in the final. They beat us all the time. I absolutley hate them but they beat us ALL the time. rafa will need to figure out how to stop them because lets face it, they come Anfield and beat us so moscow is better for them. Saying all this i trust Rafa enough to serve up the goods. Im scared but i have faith! cum on lads!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #27: Mar 14, 2008 04:43:28 pm
      Last season at anfield we outplayed them as much as you can outplay a team.

We can take them.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #28: Mar 14, 2008 05:03:23 pm
      It's a pity that EPL teams couldn't have been kept apart at this stage but the two who have got Euro teams will both get tough games, it wouldn't surprise me to see Roma get their revenge has there is no better incentive than to beat a team that knocked you out last year and you may also see a surprise at Moneybags Hotel as Zico's team have shown improvement every year he's been their. And ourselves we seem to be starting a run just right which could end in Moscow. Arsenal I'm hoping have peeked to soon so whatever happens we are in for some great football from two good footballing teams which with a little luck the reds will win (for having rested players earlier in the season)...
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #29: Mar 14, 2008 05:13:39 pm
        To be honest I'm pretty happy  with the draw

An easy draw at this stage does not exist
          yes man ure  got roma (who knocked out real madrid  pretty comfortabbly) so its not an easy draw either

Chelsea heve to travel to turkey ( easy on paper  BUT as said before there is not such an easy draw

The only thing I don't like in this draw is that we are playing the gunners in the premiership on the weekend between the CL ties
       BUT i am pretty confident we can make this 
        COME ON YOU REDS
       YNWA
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2008 05:56:18 pm by xabigerrard »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      Reply #30: Mar 14, 2008 07:13:01 pm
      We have the gooners folks, what do you reckon on that then. F***ing fix if you ask me

Fix methinks.

In the Quarter Finals and technically to win the trophy we may not have to meet another 'European' side.

We defintely have the hardest route to try and win the trophy.  (Which probably means we now will).

I wanted a 'European' side.  Going to be sick of the sight of these English sides.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      Re: Liverpool get Arsenal in Champions League
      Reply #31: Mar 14, 2008 07:14:03 pm
      It's a decent draw, only for the fact we've got to go to Stamford Bridge in the 2nd leg of the Semi (providing all goes to plan, of course! ::))

Like the Inter Milan game then...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #32: Mar 14, 2008 07:16:55 pm
      I doubt we'll face another European team again, which is a big shame because thats what playing in Europe is all about.
      However if we get to the final I'm confident it'll be against Barcelona and not Man Utd.

I'd rather us play Barcelona just for the reason that it's a European team and will feel more like a Champions League Final rather than an FA Cup final. However we've still got a lot of work to do so lets not get carried away.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #33: Mar 14, 2008 07:39:57 pm
      I think this is an opportunity to mute the voices of the vicious critics and those that believe in Liverpool as long as believing does not include Liverpool being better than Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U. It is a tough draw but imagine the pain that would be brought upon these clowns of we disposed of Arsenal in the quarter final, Chelsea in the semi final and Man U in the final, assuming that by some stroke of luck and lightning striking twice or trice, Chelsea and Man U make it that far.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #34: Mar 14, 2008 07:42:01 pm
      Poor Arsenal! Poor Chelsea! Poor Man Utd!
      They get Liverpool for their rival in CL!
      As I was told it will be the EPL in Euroean scope.

Poor Arsenal! they know that we go to the 1/2 final!
      Poor Chelsea! One time to play v. them and win is called fortuity, the second time to play and win them is called regularity. The third time to play v. them and win will be called a habit! So let's make it a habit to win Chelsea every time we play v. them.
      Poor MU! It will their first lost in the final of CL! So it will show the best team in England are Liverpool!

But it would be fine to see either MU or Roma in the final!

Another English v. Italian final.

Thanks to Rihat Dasaev for such draws! And thank you for Taylor to say the only Russian words 'Spasibo'! It was pronounced in amazing way!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35: Mar 14, 2008 07:56:06 pm
      we played them this time last year.  Anyone remember the score?  Give Crouchy a game
      robbie I can understand why you ask that question and mention Crouch.We played them on the 31st of March 2007 the score was 4-1 to the MIGHTY REDS and somethink unusual happened Crouchy got a Hat-trick.Now why should we be afraid of Arsenal in the E.P.L. or the Champions league,I would think they are more worried about us than we are about them.The REDS are on a roll carry on with the good work RAFA.
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2008 07:58:07 pm by Billy1, Reason: delete a letter »
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #36: Mar 14, 2008 08:21:20 pm
      As you can see now our mission is possible in CL.

Yes, we all remember that perfect match. We deserved the win! I think Arsenal never get so much goals in their net!
      So we need to remind them about that event! However does any one remember when we won Arsenal at their stadium? Such things should be remembered!
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #37: Mar 14, 2008 08:37:10 pm
      I have to say I am disappointed and saddend by the draw. I really didn't want an English side but considering our European form at the moment, I am very confident we will go through and end up winning the cup for the sixth time. We have a good manager, whose tactics in European games are just spot on. We have players that are capable of beating any team, in any ground an in any competition. We are in good form at the moment as well.

IRWT

YNWA

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38: Mar 14, 2008 08:49:25 pm
      When, I first saw the draw, I was literally nearly sick...not with who we got but that Man U could draw Roma and Chelski got Fenerbache. First thought that crossed my mind was ....RIGGED.

Now, I've been sitting back at work thinking about it and a phrase keeps popping up in my head.

TO BE THE BEST YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST.

Looks like Arsenal have seriously got there work cut out for them if they want to be the best. ;)  Bring it on.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #39: Mar 14, 2008 09:05:23 pm
      Anyone seen the rumours that it was fixed.

The full draw was predicted atleast an hour before the live draw.

Qfinals as well as semis.

check this out

http://forums.liverpoolecho.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33755
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #40: Mar 14, 2008 09:10:56 pm
      Anyone seen the rumours that it was fixed.

The full draw was predicted atleast an hour before the live draw.

Qfinals as well as semis.

check this out

http://forums.liverpoolecho.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33755
      If thats true then UEFA are seriously up sh*t creek, but it is UEFA, so anythings possible with them tossers.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #41: Mar 14, 2008 09:37:08 pm
      True they do seem shifty.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #42: Mar 14, 2008 09:37:28 pm
      Daily mirror carried the news that the result was already on-line 2 hours before the actual draw took place.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #43: Mar 14, 2008 09:44:14 pm
      If those rumours are true, what does it change? We still can prove to be the best!
      Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      • 'You'll never walk alone'
      Reply #44: Mar 14, 2008 09:47:33 pm
      i cant beleive that. what a F***ing fix
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #45: Mar 15, 2008 04:12:30 am
      To be honest I think it is a decent draw, playing arsenal 3 times only works in our favour. Benitez will mastermind the plan that will make us all celebrate in the final game which will be the big one! 

Quick Reply