Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Champions League draw fixed?

Read 4228 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: Champions League draw fixed?
      Reply #23: Mar 18, 2008 07:32:30 pm
      And I read today that the guy pulling out the balls could have had a magnet in his ring. Which is funny.   ;D

Only if he isn't sat on a metal chair! :o

Some of the conspiracy theories are fantastic, can you honestly see them putting the balls in the bowl only for the glass to crack because its too hot/cold?.... "now would you like to start the draw by picking our first home team?" in goes the hand and instead of a team you get "fcuking hell that's boiling that is!"

Im pleased with the draw so please keep fixing it thanks very much. ;)
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #24: Mar 18, 2008 07:37:25 pm
      The other point is that the final is in....Moscow..Humm..abra mowitch already booked hotel and party (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A32883339) if there is someone behind a fixing scandal, it will be chelsea not the mancs in my opinion.

The only thing is if they fixed it would they really fix yet another semi against us?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Mar 19, 2008 12:43:03 am
      If we got united in the draw then would people be saying it was fixed? same as if we got chelsea or barca? all sounds a bit far fetched for me.

arsenal is a good draw because they are stuttering and they will think lfc will play to the same tactics as when we play them in the league, they have played the premier league liverpool many times but they have never played the champions league liverpool. i have a good feeling we will beat them in both legs. Torres will be too quick for their defence and i cant see clichy, eboue or sagna coming out on top when it comes to strength either.
      DRARREG8
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts | -1 
      Reply #26: Mar 21, 2008 01:05:27 pm
      guys we shouldn't talk about such silly things cuz we're not afraid of any team ...

and we don't care if the draw was fixed or not ... because we are LIVERPOOL

i know arsenal is the most difficult team to play against ... but again we are LIVERPOOL
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #27: Mar 21, 2008 02:45:02 pm
      If someone set out to make it easier for one half of the draw they just might find that when you set out to change something in your favour then they may find the opposite happening....  :f_doh:
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #28: Mar 21, 2008 05:27:31 pm
      guys we shouldn't talk about such silly things cuz we're not afraid of any team ...

and we don't care if the draw was fixed or not ... because we are LIVERPOOL

I know arsenal is the most difficult team to play against ... but again we are LIVERPOOL

I think you're missing the point. The issue is not who we were drawn against. It's the fact that something has been fixed. That football could be on the slippery slope. You should be concerned as a football fan if draws are being fixed, yet there is no foolproof evidence to say this draw was. Regardless of who we were drawn against, it's an issue we should care about.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #29: Mar 21, 2008 05:42:56 pm
      I think you're missing the point. The issue is not who we were drawn against. It's the fact that something has been fixed. That football could be on the slippery slope. You should be concerned as a football fan if draws are being fixed, yet there is no foolproof evidence to say this draw was. Regardless of who we were drawn against, it's an issue we should care about.

Very true. Plus the fact that if we were to lose that game (touch wood we dont)and the draw was fixed the situation changes completely.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #30: Mar 21, 2008 06:56:07 pm
      Just looked on the BBC gossip column and saw this

Uefa has denied the Champions League draw was fixed - despite the quarter-final line-up appearing on the internet 90 minutes before the official ceremony had taken place. (Various)

Thoughts?

It was probably F9T who fixed it the lil sh*t.
      DRARREG8
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts | -1 
      Reply #31: Mar 21, 2008 09:55:53 pm

I agree with you we shouldn't accept such a thing as that but where is the evidence  ??? ...

the thing is that if really the draw was fixed i expect that the english clubs will play against each other ...

and i would expect " roma vs schalke " & " barca vs fenerbakche " ...

if the draw was as i expected and spreaded online before the draw i can say that as usual " FIFA VS ENG " ...
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #32: Mar 21, 2008 10:00:29 pm

the thing is that if really the draw was fixed I expect that the english clubs will play against each other ...

and I would expect " roma vs schalke " & " barca vs fenerbakche " ...

Sure. But what if it was fixed not for a club to have an easy path to the final, but for somebody to make a bet on the outcome of the draw? I'm sure there are numerous things you could bet on around that.

Quick Reply