Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool v Reading Match Thread

Read 10751 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: Liverpool v Reading Match Thread
      Reply #230: Mar 15, 2008 05:30:33 pm
      An excellent result and more importantly the win keeps the confidence high going into 5 gigantic games in a row.  These must be up-there as one the hardest 5 games we ever had in a row.  For me Mascherano's goal was massive, i see goals in him and opening his account may just be the start, in fact, I strongly believe that he will score another goal in these five up and coming fixtures!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #231: Mar 15, 2008 05:40:11 pm
      I didn't get a chance to watch or listen to the game, but it sounds like the sort of we would have ended up drawing earlier in the season so any win's a good result. It's also good to see us winning after European games, which we haven't always been able to do.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #232: Mar 15, 2008 05:41:29 pm
      Only seen some of the first half so will have to watch the highlights later.

All I cared about was the three points today and how we went about getting them wasn't all that important. However, I think it would be a shame if we don't continue our good form that we've shown lately.
      But by all accounts, it sounds like we played pretty good. Maybe just not as good as we can. I believe Reading deserve some credit for actually wanting to give us a game - apart from being yard dogs.

Massive three points for us today though. Good to see we are winning these games instead of drawing them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #233: Mar 15, 2008 06:06:40 pm
      Great to get a 7th straight win and now I am really starting to believe that they can win all the games left and get 3rd because at the moment arsenal are losing ;D

Torres, no words describe just how good he is and I think hes the best striker in the world as of late, just keeps scoring and scoring. 9 goals in 6 games and 20 in the league is awesome. I think hes going to get top scorer in the league with about 27, 1 ahead of Ronaldo and he will get more overall because he will score a hat trick in the champions league final ;D

So often against teams like Reading you have to grind out a victory but we have always drawn but not now, we are pulling results out the bag. Just a shame it was'nt like this after that 1st international break because we would have stayed top.

Bring on the next victims (i mean team  ;) )
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #234: Mar 15, 2008 06:15:16 pm
      Yep arsenal are 1-0 and aliadjere got it haha.

Im gonna watch the second half and see how arsenal play.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #235: Mar 15, 2008 06:49:41 pm
      Well just got back from the match.

Frustrating, I think most people would agree to that performance, but 3 points is 3 points and keeps our winning streak going.

We certainly needed a third goal today to kill off Reading, but alas it was not meant to be, but a solid performance from the defence and keeper ensured us of the win.

There goal was an absolute stonker.
      A cross field pass at the edge of the area (from a free kick if I remember rightly), was met by Matejovsky. It was one of those shots you know straight away where it was going. A beauty. Reina had no chance as the ball flew into the top corner of the net. Defo one of the best goals at Anfield this season. Every credit to the lad, and most Liverpool supporters even clapped that goal.

We still gave them chances even at 1 - 0 down, but in the end quality possession and better players got us through.
      Our first goal, and what another great strike, from of all people - Mascherano  :)
      Took the ball on, and ran towards the Kop goal before unleashing an unstoppable 20 yarder into the net.
      I think he enjoyed it aswell !!  Probably had been listening to those cock-eggs on Soccer sports  ;)

That took us to half time, but we still had the feeling of more Liverpool goals to come.

Our second, and Torres' 20th in the league was a cracking header down at the Anfield Road end.
      Gerrard flighted in a free kick, to which Torres met perfectly and headed passed Hannaman in goal for Reading.

Babel, playing well, had a few chances, but seemed to be wanting to break the net with ever effort. But he was unlucky with a couple that stung there keepers hands.

Torres, for the first time, losing his temper at one of there heavy footed defenders - he just got up after another ill timed clout from the back and stormed after the defender.
      To be honest the referee was poor for both sides, giving no protection early on.

Skrtyl also lost his temper just the once, but the Reading player soon backed away near the half way line. Skrtyl is now becoming well settled in the defence, and proved to be a crowd favourite, as had was dumped into the Kop in the second half, he just received a bit of treatment, then stormed back onto the field.

Man of the Match - in my eyes  Mascherano.
      I think that goal meant a lot to him, and he just runs and runs winning just about every tackle going.

One thing to note though, was the stewards being job's worths in the Kop.
      A few supporters were removed from the ground after not sitting in there seats whilst chanting the new Torres song.
      The Kop replied with - 'Get the stewards out the Kop'   :lmao:

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,756 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #236: Mar 15, 2008 09:57:26 pm
      Thanks for the report Tommo, nice work mate.

Well, I'm glad we got through that one. In the end all that mattered was the 3 points and we got them. That was a very nervous last ten minutes plus 4 minutes stoppage time. I still can't figure out where they got that figure from.

Wonder goal from Masch to complete another fantastic game and what more can you say about our No: 9. This time he used his head instead of his feet and the result exactly the same, in the back of the net again. I must admit it was a wonderfully placed free kick from Stevie G.  Just makes you wonder why Fabio took that earlier free kick, directly in front of goal, that he chipped into the wall. :(

Anyway, as I said before 3 more points in the bag, upsetting that Sunderland and Derby couldn't help us out but 7 wins on the bounce now and a trip to Old Grey Skull next....let's just hope we see Jamie running to the Manc supporters kissing HIS badge.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #237: Mar 15, 2008 10:00:50 pm
      I haven't seen the game yet so can't comment but it appears from the posts that we didn't play too well but still got the three points.

I would take this from now until the end of the season in the league if we keep performing the way we are in Europe.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #238: Mar 16, 2008 12:37:43 am
      If alonso had scored from his own half at the end then surely he would enter the record books for the most goals scored from his own half.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,756 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #239: Mar 16, 2008 12:42:41 am
      I thought after each remaining Premier League match..I'd just post Rafa's post match press conference so here goes.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid958992159/bctid1457712227
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #240: Mar 16, 2008 01:05:26 am
      Wow Reading's goal was a cracker. Arbeloa was unlucky to concede the foul, as he clearly got the ball, but you can't taking anything anyway from that shot. Phwoar....

Chuffed for Masch, he's finally got on the scoresheet. Perhaps the floodgates have finally opened and we'll be seeing goals galore in the next couple of weeks..... Maybe... :D

Another 3 points, so you can hardly complain. Good result.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #241: Mar 16, 2008 07:09:10 am
       I did not see the match so unable to comment on it or the players.I will however take the 3 points and say well done to RAFA and the Mighty REDS for a good result.Now that Masch has found the net he could become a regular on the scoresheet.More of the same over the next 3 weeks will do me fine.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #242: Mar 16, 2008 07:57:36 am
      Perhaps the floodgates have finally opened and we'll be seeing goals galore in the next couple of weeks..... Maybe... :D
      We F***ing need it, although on current form, I think the only game that could actually cause us many problems is the Everton one.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #243: Mar 16, 2008 02:38:09 pm
      Great result and much needed!
      but I personally thought we made a meal of it.
      It's HT 0-0 in the bitters games, lets hope and pray that continues?

INRWT
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #244: Mar 16, 2008 03:04:16 pm
      Great result and much needed!
      but I personally thought we made a meal of it.
      It's HT 0-0 in the bitters games, lets hope and pray that continues?

INRWT

Nope they're losing 1-0 now!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #245: Mar 16, 2008 03:46:49 pm
      They lost 1-0 woooo
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #246: Mar 16, 2008 05:31:32 pm

Re: Liverpool v Reading Match Thread.

So who lost 1-0 ?

:ontopic:

I love being petty at times :D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #247: Mar 16, 2008 06:42:08 pm
      Re: Liverpool v Reading Match Thread.

So who lost 1-0 ?

:ontopic:

I love being petty at times :D

wow how pointless... never go off topic again then
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2008 10:38:37 pm by lil cisse »
      amador
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #248: Mar 16, 2008 10:23:19 pm
      Two months later, maybe we didn't won this game. Something is changed and the future bright nice

Amador, from Madrid Torres and RB birthplace (Sorry for my english)
      Makes
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #249: Mar 17, 2008 08:26:40 pm
      A great Match, really surprizing and nervous after reading scored the goal but in the end, gret match and could have been even better had Alonso got that ball in from our HALF!!! :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #250: Mar 19, 2008 01:03:47 am
      Masch has been shooting alot this season and to start with they were high, wide and not at all hansome. Then they weere a bit closer. THen it was F***ing hell unlucky my son, bit lower and it woud have been a belter. Now he has scored, persistance pays off ;D

Quick Reply