Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Given the money would you buy Wayne Rooney?

Read 2724 times
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Given the money would you buy Wayne Rooney?
      Mar 16, 2008 09:39:13 am
      Say that Man U decided to let Rooney go if they got a certain price, and we had that amount of cash would you buy him?
      OR given that he would have come from Man U would you not even look at him?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Given the money would you buy Wayne Rooney?
      Reply #1: Mar 16, 2008 09:45:53 am
      Is he a good striker? is he in top form? how many goals did he score in the last season? is he mentally a Man U player or a world class player looking for where he can learn more, grow and provide his best? These are the questions that would require answering before buying a player. The club he played for prior to his move to another club becomes history once he takes off the Jersey.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Mar 16, 2008 09:52:22 am
      Say that Man U decided to let Rooney go if they got a certain price, and we had that amount of cash would you buy him?
      OR given that he would have come from Man U would you not even look at him?

No to both questions.  There's so many other quality players out there that you could buy for the 'silly' price that would be put on his head.  I only want players with a true passion and love for the club to play for the Mighty Reds, I remember Rooney pulling his shirt up when he played for Everton ' Once a blue, always a blue', he f*cked off to Man Utd at the first opportunity.  No doubt he has developed leaps and bounds since he joined them, but he was to quick to jump ship in my opinion.  And anyway, we now got Torres the greatest player on the planet as far as I'm concerned.   
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #3: Mar 16, 2008 09:55:19 am
      Ok say he was at the same price as Villa, who I think are at about the same ability.
      Him up front with Torres, wouldn't it help us? Not that I think in a million years would they sell him to us.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #4: Mar 16, 2008 10:58:45 am
      I'm going to use my head here. Wayne Rooney is a quality player no doubt about it, however he's not the type of player we should be looking for and as he's once a blue and then a manc then no way would I want to see him here. Brilliant player but no thanks.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #5: Mar 16, 2008 11:59:31 am
      In our system he would probably take Gerrard's position.

Is he better than Gerrard? Of course he isn't.  Having supported Everton then played for United he is also doubly infected. So No.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #6: Mar 16, 2008 12:01:04 pm

Having supported Everton then played for United he is also doubly infected.

:lmao:
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: Mar 16, 2008 12:42:19 pm
      NO !! he is so over rated an doesnt score that many goals for his postion gerrard has scored more goals than rooney, an stevie is a cm well a attackin mid now.
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #8: Mar 16, 2008 12:45:49 pm
      He would be one of the worst signings in our history. He played for the bluenoses and the manc scum and likes to wind Liverpool fans up. How could we evenbe debating this
      MsGerrard
      Reply #9: Mar 16, 2008 01:02:52 pm
      Absolutely and most definitely NO way, not a cat in hell's chance.......ex blue sh*te and ex scumbag, that should say everything.......what on earth would he give to us that we haven't already got?

Do you really want this in your team??

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #10: Mar 16, 2008 01:07:09 pm
      Absolutely and most definitely NO way, not a cat in hell's chance.......ex blue sh*te and ex scumbag, that should say everything.......what on earth would he give to us that we haven't already got?

Do you really want this in your team??

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #11: Mar 16, 2008 01:09:51 pm
      NEVER!

He is a great player no doubt and causes many problems for other teams, but as mentioned several times on this thread - 1st a blue nose, then a manure! one of these is a good enough reason for him to never be considered.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #12: Mar 16, 2008 02:18:00 pm
      NO!
      NEVER!

He is a great player no doubt and causes many problems for other teams,

Only when he is allowed to, if he is closed down by a good defender then he does nothing more than whine and moan and berate the ref because he is not being allowed to play. The game last season proved that, I have never seen such moaning from a footballer, everytime he got the ball Jamie went in and cracked him not allowing him to play. All he did the whole game was moan about everything to the ref.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #13: Mar 16, 2008 02:32:20 pm
      No, given the opportunity I personally wouldn't go for Rooney! as there are far better bargins than him out there, and I'm guessing that the hairdryer would want a kings ransome for him, and given the tantrum he through over Hienze, then we'd get charged a mother f***in hefty premier if for some unforeseen reason Rafa was ever interested?
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #14: Mar 16, 2008 04:10:31 pm
      no way! he is such an over-rated player and they'd probably say he's worth about 40mil. we could get 2 players better than the ugly little pikee for that money
      redhotrobbie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -16 
      Reply #15: Mar 16, 2008 04:58:42 pm
      Best player of a generation.  But he wouldnt play for liverpool and utd wouldnt sell him to us, so a pointless thread.  About as much as a waste of life as this note.  (hit the bad poster on the way out, thank you)
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #16: Mar 16, 2008 05:13:48 pm
      Best player of a generation.  But he wouldnt play for liverpool and utd wouldnt sell him to us, so a pointless thread.  About as much as a waste of life as this note.  (hit the bad poster on the way out, thank you)

as in the generation which includes players like stevie g, c.ronaldo, messi, kaka, ronaldinho, henry and the list goes on and on and on, how is he the player of a generation? F***ing hell the hype that goes on with wayne rooney, HE ISN'T THAT GOOD!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #17: Mar 16, 2008 05:19:53 pm
      as in the generation which includes players like stevie g, c.ronaldo, messi, kaka, ronaldinho, henry and the list goes on and on and on, how is he the player of a generation? F***ing hell the hype that goes on with wayne rooney, HE ISN'T THAT GOOD!

I assumed he meant English player (at least I hope he did ;)), so you can rule out most of that list. You're right though, he just isn't that good, it's all talk. If he was begging to join Liverpool I still wouldn't want him, I just can't imagine that face kissing the Liverbird........ doesn't bear thinking about. He's just another arrogant pr**k with an overblown ego, he should move to Chelsea to play with Fat Frank, they have a lot in common!  :D
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: Mar 16, 2008 05:28:05 pm

You know.  I've been criticised lately for saying this, but I will say this again.

What a F***ing stupid thread :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Rooney is past it.  Just a young hopeful hyped up by the media.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #19: Mar 16, 2008 05:59:04 pm

You know.  I've been criticised lately for saying this, but I will say this again.

What a F***ing stupid thread :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Rooney is past it.  Just a young hopeful hyped up by the media.

i wouldnt say hes past it, he is in his early 20's so he has a few years ahead of him (that is if he watches himself a bit more, that belly of his just seems to get ponchier all the time) but he is definately overhyped! for christ sake, wasnt he put into a pure oxygen tent for like 2wks or something before the world cup!? IMO thats a bit over-the-top!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #20: Mar 16, 2008 06:03:36 pm
      I wouldnt say hes past it, he is in his early 20's so he has a few years ahead of him (that is if he watches himself a bit more, that belly of his just seems to get ponchier all the time) but he is definately overhyped! for christ sake, wasnt he put into a pure oxygen tent for like 2wks or something before the world cup!? IMO thats a bit over-the-top!

Pity they never piped Carbon Monoxide through instead of oxygen  :lmao:
      pugzz
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #21: Mar 16, 2008 06:14:47 pm
      rooney is a looney who doesnt score goals often.. I'll skip him
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #22: Mar 16, 2008 06:18:58 pm
      rooney is a looney who doesnt score goals often.. I'll skip him

maybe we should sing that at old trafford, im sure that will proper piss them off!!

Quick Reply