Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Result against the Mancs

Win
      82 (75.2%)
      Lose
      4 (3.7%)
      Draw
      15 (13.8%)
      Sit on the fence
      8 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Manchester United v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread

Read 22804 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Manchester United v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread
      Reply #184: Mar 22, 2008 09:38:17 pm
      I think you're missing my point, as you're still talking about us changing our mentality for this game. I'm not saying we make any extra effort to stop any one player or change any tactics with their strengths in mind, just simply switch two players positions for his one, nothing more than that. You're point about Kuyt not having the pace to get back up the pitch when he's won the ball back is a valid one, but it's an unavoidable fact that during some sections of the game he is going to be dropping back regardless of whether he plays on the left or the right so I wouldn't say that makes a case for him not playing on the left. You also point out that Babel is very right footed, which again I agree with but don't see that as a weakness for us if Babel plays on the right. For Evra to take advantage of this fact he would have to put Babel on his left foot when running at him, which in turn would put him on his own weaker foot. TBH I feel the gain made by switching Kuyt & Babel would only be very minimal, but it's these little things that can win games. My opinion is it would benefit us, guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Yeah i do see your point eddie. It doesnt matter anyway im sure rafa will get his tactics right he normally does. I just think babel playing on the right (from what iv seen of him on the right this season) isnt as good as on the left but ah well it doesnt matter, i just fear us hindering ourselves trying to stop them and if we do i will never get over it, it will annoy me till the end of time if that causes us not to win. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #185: Mar 22, 2008 10:04:26 pm
      I dont want to be a jinx or anything but has ronaldo ever scored against us?

True but when you look at his impact on the scoreline its next to nothing

Very true but I think it did knock the confidence of a few of our players though. But like you say it had no impact on the scoreline
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #186: Mar 22, 2008 10:20:31 pm
      We always seem to able to handle the better mid field or forward players from the scum. They always seem to undo us from a set piece in or near to injury time from our own lack of concentration. Think this game will be different due to our better current form. I really do think we can go on and win this one.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #187: Mar 22, 2008 10:36:11 pm
      first 20 minutes will be crucial, keep it tight at the back, and try to get a foothold in midfield, which means our passing has to improve on what it has been recently.  mascherano needs to be at his brilliant distructive best tomorrow, to break up their attacks before they begin.  we definetley need to be aware of the threat of ronaldo.  even though he's a diving faggot, you cant deny his ability.

with carra and skrtel organising the back 4, masch stamping his authority in the middle, and stevie threading balls through for torres to race onto, i reckon we're in with a shout tomorrow.

ithere's no doubt their back 4 will be shitting themselves about facing red hot torres, and i reckon he'll get the goal to give rafa a long overdue league win against the scum.

1-0 to the reds!
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #188: Mar 22, 2008 10:58:47 pm

I mean the last 20 mins would be more crucial. Keep the focus for 90 mins, and we could take this.
      ulsterred
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #189: Mar 22, 2008 11:06:38 pm
      ref wot u said bout ronaldo u were rite he is a faggot . 2 many teams let him play we wont im from northern ireland and if i had hav been an england fan or rooney i wud hav kicked the s**t outa the diving tranny 4 wot he did.SCUMBAG thats wot he is  :lmao:
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #190: Mar 22, 2008 11:07:26 pm
      I'm starting to get nervous now.  :scarf: Hammer them 3-0. Kuyt, Gerrard and Torres. That would make my weekend! Although a  Riise screamer is due aswell.  ;)
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #191: Mar 22, 2008 11:12:11 pm

I mean the last 20 mins would be more crucial. Keep the focus for 90 mins, and we could take this.

true enough watt.  the point i was trying to make is not to let them build up a head of steam and score an early goal, dont really want them to get an early imputus and have us chasing the game.

but i haven't been more confident going into a game against the scum in years.  i really fancy us tomorrow
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #192: Mar 22, 2008 11:33:18 pm
      true enough watt.  the point I was trying to make is not to let them build up a head of steam and score an early goal, dont really want them to get an early imputus and have us chasing the game.

but I haven't been more confident going into a game against the scum in years.  I really fancy us tomorrow

Agree. Early goal for them -not good ;)
      No, I see what you mean. Chasing equalizer is so tiring, both for the team and us watching.. :P  But I rather chase in first half than last 10.....

Me too. Got this confident feeling, could be our turn tomorrow, not them being lucky. Again. Tho my gut says we wont win

.............by luck. But by playing quality football. ;D
      Still....fingers and toes crossed! Im always nervous before games, and EXTREMELY nervous with these games, the ones who really matters in so many ways.

Come on guys!!! Lets show that Andy Gray on Sky what Liverpool is all about!  ("On Grand Slam Sunday we shall see what this revived Liverpool team are made of.")
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #193: Mar 23, 2008 12:02:16 am
      From all of the interviews i have seen from both manure and liverpool it seems as if liverpool are showing more desire to go and win the game because Fergie is constantly going on about ronaldo abd the refs which is showing that he is clearly trying sway the refs and put pressure on them and rafa has pointed that out. \united are coming across cocky and think that they have it in the bag but we have improved massively since the 1st time we played them this season and im sure liverpool will throw down the gauntlet and take the game to them. They are in for a shock because the reds are red hot and love being underestimated and then beating the so called favourite. COME ON LIVERPOOL!
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #194: Mar 23, 2008 12:06:30 am
      id say well beat them

2-1

torres  ronal-dive
      babel
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #195: Mar 23, 2008 01:20:28 am
      is torres going to be fit on sunday?

Why would'nt he be fit for sunday?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #196: Mar 23, 2008 01:47:19 am
      It's took a slight bit of pressure off us with the blue sh*te only drawing tonight.... :D

Means we can go all out tomorrow and get them and hit them where it hurts  ;D
      gearoid
      • On Trial

• 2 posts | -1 
      Reply #197: Mar 23, 2008 02:41:14 am
      we need this win  4 th    is not good enough for this club lets finally kick there ass  ??? liverpool for ever!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #198: Mar 23, 2008 03:16:42 am
      Possible 5 point buffer between us and the Bitters if we get a win against the Scum bas**rds. Sets us up in good stead going into the Arse ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #199: Mar 23, 2008 03:27:21 am
      Sets us up in good stead going into the Arse ;)

Please tell me you accidently missed out the words 'game against' in that statement crouchinho?  :D

You're right though. Three points tomorrow are very valuable. I believe with Torres and Gerrard on the pitch, in the form they are in lately, we could easily beat them.

But it's all about the players mentality today. Belief we can win and no desperation. That's the key.

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #200: Mar 23, 2008 03:39:09 am
      the nerves are starting to really take hold, just cant wait for the match to start. im so sick of the scum coming and nicking the 3pts at anfield so i think its time the boys make them pay. dont think there would be a better time to play them, we're in superb form, they're not playing badly but setting the world alight so im confident we can beat them. masch is going to have a crucial role, he has been incredible of late and we need him to continue so he can break up their play. if we can frustrate them enough i think they'll start to lose their balance and give us more space. i'll go for 1-0, that man torres to score 2nd half
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #201: Mar 23, 2008 06:19:06 am
      Please tell me you accidently missed out the words 'game against' in that statement crouchinho?  :D

Ofcourse redkenny! ..... :-\
      sixonese7en
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #202: Mar 23, 2008 07:56:22 am
      of coz the reds can win as long as we pray for the reds to have victorius moment.....in old trafford

my prediction LIV 2-1 man bast**rd

GOD SAVE THE LIVERPOOL..!!!!!
      Kop-Of-Malaya
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -4 
      • Kop The Best
      Reply #203: Mar 23, 2008 08:52:28 am
      Question:      Result against the Mancs
      Win    - 80 (74.8%)
      Lose    - 4 (3.7%)
      Draw    - 15 (14%)
      Sit on the fence    - 8 (7.5%)

Total Voters: 107

Who vote for lose???
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #204: Mar 23, 2008 08:57:48 am
      Question:      Result against the Mancs
      Win    - 80 (74.8%)
      Lose    - 4 (3.7%)
      Draw    - 15 (14%)
      Sit on the fence    - 8 (7.5%)

Total Voters: 107

Who vote for lose???

King Cantona :P
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #205: Mar 23, 2008 09:02:35 am
      [When asked if Ronaldo was the key player to stop] “Maybe stopping Torres! No, they have a lot of good players, so it will be difficult if you just think about Ronaldo.

Love it. Top stuff Rafa.
      Kop-Of-Malaya
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -4 
      • Kop The Best
      Reply #206: Mar 23, 2008 09:04:15 am

:lmao:

btw,is there 4 king cantona???

Quick Reply