Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Result against the Mancs

Win
      82 (75.2%)
      Lose
      4 (3.7%)
      Draw
      15 (13.8%)
      Sit on the fence
      8 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Manchester United v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread

Read 23025 times
      martinvs
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Re: Manchester United v Liverpool: Preview
      Reply #46: Mar 17, 2008 04:20:38 pm
      Of course we can beat the s_ _ t out of them. But for pete sake no back passing. Go forward and attack. Torres, Gerrard, Babel, Kyut, Alonso, John Riise, should raise to the occaision. United you stand and you'll never walk alone, ever.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #47: Mar 17, 2008 04:38:59 pm
      Steve Bennett is to referee the match. There's a good start....
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #48: Mar 17, 2008 04:58:15 pm
      I think it will be played like a European type game, very tight and cagey. I can see us winning 1-0 with who else scoring, Torres!! They aren't playing great and we are playing with a lot of confidence.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #49: Mar 17, 2008 08:56:14 pm
      If we can beat inter home and away then anything can happen to his sunday. Torres and Babel 0-2
      redhotrobbie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -16 
      Reply #50: Mar 17, 2008 09:16:32 pm
      did utd end our last big run of wins - 10 straight in prem?  late Ferdi goal?
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #51: Mar 17, 2008 09:18:46 pm
      I think Torres is gonna blitz United with a hatrick, 2 goals in the first half, 1 in the second.
      Hope rafa plays Babel from the start.
      murpies
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      Reply #52: Mar 17, 2008 09:52:32 pm
      did utd end our last big run of wins - 10 straight in prem?  late Ferdi goal?
      ye but now the team is balance and performing well. plus the On form Torres every team fear him. i bet he will score
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #53: Mar 18, 2008 12:49:39 am
      I can see Ronaldo scoring.

Good job I can also see Torres scoring a couple.  And then the big spoilsport showboater, Stevie G, will ruin his hat-trick by taking the ball off FT and scoring the third with a penalty. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #54: Mar 18, 2008 07:09:52 am
      Wasnt it Tevez who scored? ???

I said a draw from a neutral perspective. Our players are on fire but its these occasions that get them all jittery. I know for a fact they will have their heads in place and minds on the job but little mistakes may cause panic amongst our men. Just need to play freely, concentrate and consolidate! If we make chances, score them! Torres has no excuses to miss and neither does Gerrard ( come to think of it...Masch doesnt either! ;) )

From a neutral perspective: 1-1

From a Reds perspective (thats the REAL reds thankyou very much!): 1-0
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #55: Mar 18, 2008 07:26:25 am
      I am sticking with 2-0 to RAFAS Men with Torres and Kuyt  to score.Babel can turn Wes Browne inside out  and Torres can do the same to Ferdinand. In the game at Anfield those 2 were a bag of nerves in the first half and we let them off the hook.We will not make the same mistake again.
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #56: Mar 18, 2008 09:40:53 am
      Someone said that if we keep our defensive shape ala Inter we should be fine. I don't know about that. Inter had absolutely no penetration going forward. This time it will have to deal with Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney. It's going to be hard work and just one lapse of concentration can change the whole game for us. It will be very important to have Masch and Alonso doing what they did against  Reading, sweeping up in front of the defence. Keeping the pressure off the back four and not letting them lose their shape. 

Don't be fooled by how things turned out...Inter were having a go at us at the San Siro...
      The reason they didn't have much penetration was our tight but calm defending style.
      We can do the same to the Manure...
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #57: Mar 18, 2008 11:12:56 am
      2-0 is what i think we can acheive if we play with the same mentality as the Inter games, the mancs luck has to run out some time soon and ive got a good feeling it will be this one.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #58: Mar 18, 2008 11:19:08 am
      41 votes for a win.  Some confident people here.

It won't be easy.  We have to show we are good enough and turn chances in to goals.  It's time to show we're no F***ing push overs when it comes to the top teams in the country.
      gerrardisgod
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #59: Mar 18, 2008 02:24:07 pm
      Yeah we can win,2-0,double from torres
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #60: Mar 18, 2008 02:28:25 pm
      41 votes for a win.  Some confident people here.

It won't be easy.  We have to show we are good enough and turn chances in to goals.  It's time to show we're no F***ing push overs when it comes to the top teams in the country.

Tell u what Court, even in our last game against them, we weren't no push overs, they were (manpoo) just jammy barstool's, who need a good going over come match day, and all the jammy stuff you could ever get for us.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #61: Mar 18, 2008 05:31:50 pm
      Can remember the season after we won the champions league and we dominated the whole game! Ciise missed a sitter which I will never forgive him for. Then that Druggy Rio popped up with a header. Worst day as a Liverpool fan for me.

If Rafa keeps the same team he has picked recently then there is no reason why we can't take all 3 points off the Scum! Don't be suprised though if Fergie comes out with "The ref had a shocker" or "The result doesn't show how the game went" Typical Fergie.

Come on You Redmen!
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #62: Mar 18, 2008 08:56:45 pm
      its about time we beat them,we continually out play them,but yet come out empty handed,i'd settle for a scrappy win,any win against this sh*te would be good.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #63: Mar 18, 2008 09:22:43 pm
      I admit I was one of the pessimists and said I'll sit on the fence on this one, but I have put in a 2-0 away win for the prediction league.  I think the way they are playing right now is typical United style where they will lay back and not attack until they see fit.  The way we're playing is the exact opposite we are attacking and giving little thought to a comfortable game for the opponent, if we take that up the M62 on Sunday I think we can pretty much strike fear in United and push them back to cry for mercy!

Come on you reds.  YNWA ;)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #64: Mar 18, 2008 09:49:58 pm
      I'm going for 1-0 to us, an El Nino effort and a resilient backguard action lead by our Javier. It's going to the hardest game of the season I think, and we'll have to play our best to come away with something, but it's time we started competeting with the other 'big three' in these matches. We've proved we can handle Chelsea, and were unlucky not to win both home and away, and we could well have beaten Arsenal too, even without Torres. The Man Utd game was not the best as we did what we've done time and time again which was play decently but not finish our chances. With Fernando we have a man who can score something out of nothing, so already we've improved our chances.

This is massive boys and girls, and I think it'll be a good indication of progress this year, along with the Arsenal game in the league.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #65: Mar 18, 2008 10:03:49 pm
      I honestly believe we can win this one ,this is not just one fans optimism i just feel it, got some money on it with a few mancs in work ,just cant see it going any other way this is our march till the end of the season.  YNWA  ..IRWT
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #66: Mar 18, 2008 11:48:22 pm
      Don't get too carried away with our current form. I don't think we've had a win against any top sides recently. Against Inter we won but they did create 4 clear cut chances they missed. We have a winning run on our side for  confidence and the mancs have struggled to score recently, except against Derby. If the ref is strong we could do it. I see some one getting sent off for continuing to foul Torres and we go on to win 2 - 0 with old purple piss head having a seizure. C.O.Y.M.R. :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #67: Mar 19, 2008 12:55:05 am
      Everytime we play them they only win because of a lucky goal, such as o'shea in the last minute and tevez. surley its about time we had some bloody luck ;D.

2-0, Torres 2

ronaldo to fall over doing some skills and rupture his cruciate ligament, but he wont be able to get help from the manc doctors because they will be crying because he will be out for a long time, whle that is going on the lfc players will be pointing and laughing at him because he will have made himself look like a right tit.   hows that for some luck against them for a change? ;D  ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #68: Mar 19, 2008 12:59:48 am
      I've got a much better feeling about this one than I usually do!

With us on such a good run and Torres scoring for a laugh, I personally think that United are the ones feeling the pressure from this one!

Fingers crossed we don't get that familiar feeling we usually get! I was at the home game of this fixture this season, and I went home devastated. I don't want that again!

Quick Reply