Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Wools v Scousers

Read 30379 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Wools v Scousers
      Aug 16, 2006 11:43:00 pm
      People from outside Liverpool do not have the same passion for the reds as Scousers do.   :shock:

Discuss....
      Garcia10
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #1: Aug 17, 2006 10:08:34 am
      What a complete load of crap. who ever says that has got to be so single minded its unbelievable.

I for 1 have lived in the south east for most of my life ok i was born in liverpool but only until i was 2 years old did i stay.

I am and always will be a LFC fan and have lots of fans of other clubs in my area but i do not class myself as a cockney scouser.

It makes me so mad when people from the great city of Liverpool ask me why i support Liverpool when i dont have a scouse accent.
      Why the hell should it mater? we are all LFC fans no mater where we come from.
      On this site we have people from all over the world that support our great club so for any1 to say that the only true supporters only talk scouse  have got to be such idiots.

Sorry to go on but this subject really gets on my wick. :x
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #2: Aug 17, 2006 11:01:25 am
      b*ll*cks
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #3: Aug 17, 2006 01:05:01 pm
      Thats bollocks i'm not from the city, my family is, and i've supported them all my life, you can't say rushie didnt have passion could you.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #4: Aug 17, 2006 02:19:46 pm
      who eva sais that is talkin out of there arse. i live in swansea and my love for the club is massive. you carnt say that only Scousers love liverpool cus that isnt tru at all.

i have been a liverpool fan since i was living in coventry in 1990, i rember my first game aswell. i was in hospital for the 1000 time and liverpool was playin birmingham in the fa cup. we won 2-1 think rushy scored. so you canot take my love from the club away from nobody at all just cus we dont live there.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #5: Aug 17, 2006 03:37:15 pm
      calm down, calm down ! hey hey . . . .

sounds like the sort of thing an everton would say, jealous of the reds mass fan base.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #6: Aug 17, 2006 03:51:26 pm
      all lpool fans have great passion for this club... im 16 and my passion is as great as someone whos been supportin the club for 20 years!!! and i dont live anywhere near lpool!!
      Goin next week though to anfield GONNA B BOSS!!
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #7: Aug 17, 2006 05:01:41 pm
      so craig bellamy has no passion for the club he supports does he and and wot about kenny or hansen and ian rush john barnes all these are liverpool supporters ok they all played for the club but they certainly arent from liverpool but their passion for the club is never i question you must of put this thread on just to get replies coz its the biggest load of crap i have ever heard.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #8: Aug 17, 2006 05:48:09 pm
      good one liverpaul
      michellelfc
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #9: Aug 17, 2006 07:36:09 pm
      well said paul...thats listening to kev all the time ;D

most of the fans outside the ground when they interview them r never from liverpool,but it doesnt mean they dont love them as much as the rest of us
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #10: Aug 17, 2006 08:46:49 pm
      Deep breath everyone.  

Didn't say I agreed with it did I?

Just asking the question.

Some people just have issues with 'out of towners' preventing 'local' fans from getting hold of tickets to watch their 'local' club.
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #11: Aug 21, 2006 01:43:50 pm
      Sorry but it pisses me off when local fans can't get a ticket because non-local fans come on their day trip to fill up at the club store, then sit there in silence with their flasks during the game.

It's good the reds have such wide support throughout not only the country but the world, but....

There is definitely an argument to keep a section of a stand available for tickets available through the ticket desk.

Might start up a 'keep the Kop local' campaign.

(Oh and where I live now doesn't mean I'm not scouse...)
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #12: Aug 22, 2006 06:36:07 pm
      i love comin up to the pool, to watch the match and enjoy the magic of the city itself. the last match i went to was agansed leeds, yes years ago. i was sittin next to a blind man and he was listnin to the match with a radio. i thort that was fantastic a blind man at a fotball match with a radio, and wen murphy scored he want bannannas like the rest of us. the liverpool fans are the best in the world and i love them for the unique experince each and every time i visit.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #13: Aug 23, 2006 01:36:19 pm
      Thats complete bullshit, I live in the Wirral and have supported LFC all my life. Just because I'm a Woolly back, doesn't mean I don't (or anyone outside of Liverpool) have enough passion and desire for the Club.
      scouse hunny
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #14: Aug 23, 2006 04:59:14 pm
      hello all.
                    i was born and bred scouse am now living in runcorn (cheshire) i dont think it matters where we are from we all love are club, any way what exactly is a WOOLY BACK?  you see i always thought that a wooly back is somebody who has moved from there own place of birth not someone who talks differently, so in actual fact i am a wooly back cuz im not living in liverpool (just about 10 mins from speke).

________________________ _____
      LFC REDS 4 EVA
      WE'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #15: Aug 23, 2006 05:12:48 pm
      Quote from: "SCOUSE HUNNY"

i was born and bred scouse

You're not a wool then.  

Not that it matters I suppose.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #16: Aug 23, 2006 07:06:28 pm
      I don't think its an issue. It's good for a club to have supporters from far and wide, and that definitley sounds like something a Bluenose would say.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #17: Aug 23, 2006 07:26:22 pm
      The bottom line is the club should get its finger out and build us a stadium to fit us all in, So all locals who want tickets can get them as well as OOTs. 60,000 would be enough. I dont know what they are waiting for. I moved from Anfield in 2000 and this ground debate was a couple of years old then. I even went to see there plans in the little church on Walton Breck. So this ground thing is nearly 10 years old and not one brick has been laid.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #18: Aug 23, 2006 07:28:39 pm
      Agreed mate, the stadium should help matters if they pulled their socks up and got stuck in.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #19: Aug 23, 2006 09:18:04 pm
      Well what happened to the champions league winners money where did that go? but things should speed up a little now that were in the group stages of the CL.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #20: Aug 23, 2006 10:27:12 pm
      Quote from: "Liverbird"
      Well what happened to the champions league winners money where did that go? but things should speed up a little now that were in the group stages of the CL.

Probably paid the final installments for Cisse and Morientes  :cry:
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #21: Aug 24, 2006 01:05:42 am
      I'm 17 an from the sh*t hole they call manchester, HATE the scum and HATE city... adore liverpool, been a fan since i cant remember. Going to start going games more regularly this season.
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Wools v Scousers
      Reply #22: Aug 24, 2006 11:13:39 pm
      im 40 yrs old from brum....been supporting the reds since 1972......rememba crying wen we lost to the scum in 1977 and gutted on 16th may 1989.....graduation day and the day arsenal beat us 2-1 at anfield to take the title........theres no worse feeling having to wake up the morning afta a reds defeat........on the other hand wen we win, its the best feeling in the world...will neva forget the euro cup wins in 1977, 1978, 81, 84 and now 2005. supporting the reds is infectious........will be a red to the day i die........

Quick Reply