Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Wools v Scousers

Read 30376 times
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Re: Wools v Scousers
      Reply #184: Jan 21, 2008 06:26:15 pm
      I know this post is old but I've only just seen it. I think that statement is as narrow minded as it can get. Obviously scousers have a different passion for the club, but are they 'more' passionate as Liverpool supporters living outside Liverpool? Of course they ain't!

You cant live and breath the club from outside the city as we scouser can, we all go to work every day, stand in the dole que every 2 weeks, getting drunk in the pub all the time, read the echo every day, the only subject you get is football at these places, no matter red or blue. People from out of town cant do this, a few years ago i lived in london for 2 years, drank in loads of places, worked in a few places, and you just dont get that same passion going on, so of course we are more passionate then out of towners. because theres only one city named liverpool, one culture called scousers. you cant get this no where else.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #185: Jan 22, 2008 01:07:51 am
      You cant live and breath the club from outside the city as we scouser can, we all go to work every day, stand in the dole que every 2 weeks, getting drunk in the pub all the time, read the echo every day, the only subject you get is football at these places, no matter red or blue. People from out of town cant do this, a few years ago I lived in london for 2 years, drank in loads of places, worked in a few places, and you just dont get that same passion going on, so of course we are more passionate then out of towners. because theres only one city named liverpool, one culture called scousers. you cant get this no where else.

I see where you are coming from a certain angle. Of course an OOTer can't be in a position that we are in but that is not the point being made. I think the point was that any fan can feel as much towards the club as we do. Of course they don't get the day to day living in the city stuff and all the reds versus blues stuff that we do but that is not the dispute.

There is no dispute that Scousers and OOTers are different in many ways but the main point that we support LFC and therefore lies that any differences are irrevelant 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #186: Jan 22, 2008 07:32:03 am
      There is only one LFC and people have to understand that it is there to be loved by everyone across the world.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #187: Jan 22, 2008 07:07:07 pm
      You cant live and breath the club from outside the city as we scouser can, we all go to work every day, stand in the dole que every 2 weeks, getting drunk in the pub all the time, read the echo every day, the only subject you get is football at these places, no matter red or blue. People from out of town cant do this, a few years ago I lived in london for 2 years, drank in loads of places, worked in a few places, and you just dont get that same passion going on, so of course we are more passionate then out of towners. because theres only one city named liverpool, one culture called scousers. you cant get this no where else.

Understand where you're coming from mate, but you cannot question OOT's passion, we love the club to pieces aswell, although i agree, Scousers are definitely the heartbeat of the club and dont forget a lot of OOTers live in they city itself!
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #188: Jan 22, 2008 07:48:21 pm
      Who are the scousers: people who live in the city of LIverpool or people who support Liverpool FC and live at city with same name?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #189: Jan 22, 2008 08:05:40 pm
      Who are the scousers: people who live in the city of LIverpool or people who support Liverpool FC and live at city with same name?

People who originate from the city of Liverpool.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #190: Jan 22, 2008 08:08:51 pm
      People who originate from the city of Liverpool.

So it means Evertonians are also scousers, aren't they?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #191: Jan 22, 2008 08:17:34 pm
      So it means Evertonians are also scousers, aren't they?

That's very true. Evertonians who originate from the city of Liverpool are also scousers.

Won't be long until their football club is technically not in the city of Liverpool though.  ;)
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #192: Jan 22, 2008 08:19:33 pm
      But people stay being from Liverpool and born in your city
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #193: Jan 22, 2008 08:24:17 pm
      technically
      That's very true. Evertonians who originate from the city of Liverpool are also scousers.

Won't be long until their football club is technically not in the city of Liverpool though.  ;)

Technically they will be an OOT's club then,once they leave the city boundaries. They always go on about some of our fans are from outside the city, now there crap little club will be outside the city.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #194: Jan 22, 2008 08:28:26 pm
      Well, I'm sure a lot of people from Kirkby would argue that they are scouse. But yes, it will be fun to rub the OOT tag onto them.  ;)

Back on topic anyway. I think this thread is fairly settled now isn't it? Pretty much everyone agrees that it doesn't matter where you come from?
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #195: Jan 22, 2008 08:34:38 pm
      Yes.
      You invented nicknames for people who are from Liverpool and who are out of town, but British
      I think people coming from other countries need something else to underline we are not British ;)
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #196: Jan 22, 2008 08:36:46 pm
      Yes.
      You invented nicknames for people who are from Liverpool and who are out of town, but British
      I think people coming from other countries need something else to underline we are not British ;)

How about out of country"ers. OOC"ERS.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #197: Jan 22, 2008 08:40:13 pm
      How about out of country"ers. OOC"ERS.

What do you think of   taking me as an outlander? ;)

Is this topic only about Scousers and Wools?
      Don't forget about us who are foreigners! We love Liverpool too!
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #198: Jan 22, 2008 08:44:56 pm
      What do you think of   taking me as an outlander? ;)

Is this topic only about Scousers and Wools?
      Don't forget about us who are foreigners! We love Liverpool too!

Outlander sounds good, i would like to see OOC"ERS catch on tho.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #199: Jan 22, 2008 11:40:18 pm
      I really do hope nobody has got me wrong here! I feel a little embarassed and upset now, but more annoyed with myself because I didnt state my point correctly.

YNWA

You've heard of inverse snobbery?  You talk about this subject so often you seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about it.  Liverpool is a worldwide club.  About 26 million people are registered with the official site.  I reckon less than 1% of that figure are scousers. 

I don't know why this topic is still riding high to be honest.

I think the main thing that pisses local fans off, and probably pissed just as many non-local fans off, is that some people attend Anfield to view the atmosphere - not engage in it - and unfortunately the vast majority of those 'fans' are non-local.

(If) the new Anfield ever gets built then EVERYONE who wants to attend will be able to. 

We'll just put the out of towners at the top. ;)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #200: Jan 23, 2008 11:06:41 am
      You've heard of inverse snobbery?  You talk about this subject so often you seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about it.  Liverpool is a worldwide club.  About 26 million people are registered with the official site.  I reckon less than 1% of that figure are scousers. 

I don't know why this topic is still riding high to be honest.

I think the main thing that pisses local fans off, and probably pissed just as many non-local fans off, is that some people attend Anfield to view the atmosphere - not engage in it - and unfortunately the vast majority of those 'fans' are non-local.

(If) the new Anfield ever gets built then EVERYONE who wants to attend will be able to. 

We'll just put the out of towners at the top. ;)

Top post.

You will still be able to hear me at the top mate...  :o
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #201: Jan 23, 2008 11:17:02 am
      You are absolutely right, i do have a chip on my shoulder about it, i wish i didn't. It just really upsets me that im not accepted i cant help that, it's like there's a brick wall in front of my heart. I just want us all to be united together as one big family as somebody posted earlier, and i now understand i'm just being stupid, Liverpool football club is supported all over the world!

I hope that now this issue is finally settled and everbody knows that LFC is a global club, supported globally!

Do people also undertsand how i feel though? It's like i can't love the football club i adore,  but i am being stupid now, as many Scousers understand that there are LFC fans all over the world!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #202: Jan 23, 2008 11:21:22 am
      You are absolutely right, I do have a chip on my shoulder about it, I wish I didn't. It just really upsets me that im not accepted I cant help that, it's like there's a brick wall in front of my heart. I just want us all to be united together as one big family as somebody posted earlier, and I now understand I'm just being stupid, Liverpool football club is supported all over the world!

I hope that now this issue is finally settled and everbody knows that LFC is a global club, supported globally!

Do people also undertsand how I feel though? It's like I can't love the football club I adore,  but I am being stupid now, as many Scousers understand that there are LFC fans all over the world!

Listen pal, chill.

I'm an OOT and yes I know where you are coming from... but ffs understand the defensive attitude of some (not all) locals towards outsiders - particularly at this time... that OUR club is being raped by a couple of OOT's at the highest level... and at a time that some find it particularly hard to get (or afford) tickets for THEIR LOCAL club... and has been so for many generations for many.

So less sensitivity (por favor) and more understanding is called for - particularly at this time - from us the OOT's.

YNWA IRWT
      truekentscouse
      • On Trial

• 4 posts | -3 
      Reply #203: Jan 23, 2008 11:24:11 am
      Im a OOT also but i feel that T-unit is absoutley correct, we are being targeted and sterotyped for something that is beyond our control. This is our club, the fans club and without OOT fans this club would not exsist

YNWA
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #204: Jan 23, 2008 11:33:25 am
      Im a OOT also but I feel that T-unit is absoutley correct, we are being targeted and sterotyped for something that is beyond our control. This is our club, the fans club and without OOT fans this club would not exsist

YNWA

You might feel slightly different if your grandad, your dad, your son and you all supported Liverpool... you might - just might be a little sensitive to OOT's... I know I would.

So chill brother OOT and don't stereotype locals back... it's time to walk through the storm with your head held high...
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #205: Jan 23, 2008 11:36:42 am
      T-UNIT and truekent.

They're not asking you to worship these "special" supporters, but to respect them. And they will in turn show you some respect.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #206: Jan 23, 2008 11:40:23 am
      Exactly right and thats why i am going to drop it now and understand that there are fans all over the world, and we are all one big family.

In response to don rafael...

I followed liverpool because my dad supported them as a boy!

Quick Reply