Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Wools v Scousers

Read 30380 times
      truekentscouse
      • On Trial

• 4 posts | -3 
      Re: Wools v Scousers
      Reply #207: Jan 23, 2008 11:44:07 am
      Liverpool is fantastic and I club I will worship for eternity. Going from the days of rush to the future of this youth programe I will have red following through ma blood for life, ( no pun intended.) Liverpool has been in my family for the past 75 years starting with my grandad from poland, which shows how big this club is!! It will continue in my family for the next 75,000 years!!

YNWA
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #208: Jan 23, 2008 11:45:47 am
      Exactly right and thats why I am going to drop it now and understand that there are fans all over the world, and we are all one big family.

In response to don rafael...

I followed liverpool because my dad supported them as a boy!

Did he take to the ground every other Saturday?

Come on dude, I understand you as an OOT myself... but I certainly understand (and often sympathise with) local sentiment - Liverpool is a relatively small city, with people with massive hearts... that have held Liverpool FC up as an icon in their lives - for generations... it's probably more important to most than following a religion, in fact, for most it IS their religion and they will defend it (in some cases, given in a misplaced way) with all their heart... just look at the Villa game.

Understand them and I am sure they will understand you back - but do it in that order... as a sign of LOCAL and MULTI-GENERATIONAL respect.

YNWA.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #209: Jan 23, 2008 11:50:40 am
      True mate, agree with what you're saying, it seems like im stirring it up a bit because of the way I feel, I feel a lot better now, knowing that I am accepted, and I will hold my head up high and walk through the storm. I would never slate a local, because they are the blood of this club and rightly so, I show them nothing but respect with the heart's they have and we as OOT's have the same heart supporting LFC.

That's for calling Everton an OOT club like ourself, it would be fun because they claim to be the people's club, but Kirkby is practically in Liverpool and they are still Scouse people, I have friends there and they love LFC.

YNWA
      truekentscouse
      • On Trial

• 4 posts | -3 
      Reply #210: Jan 23, 2008 11:51:46 am
      i no this is a bit off key and i apoligise but ... im new and just wondering how do i start a new thread myself?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #211: Jan 23, 2008 11:58:59 am
      I no this is a bit off key and I apoligise but ... im new and just wondering how do I start a new thread myself?

Try reading the forum rules first mate
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #212: Jan 23, 2008 07:08:41 pm
      Exactly right and thats why I am going to drop it now and understand that there are fans all over the world, and we are all one big family.

In response to don rafael...

I followed liverpool because my dad supported them as a boy!

I have no one in family or amongst my ancestry who support or supported Liverpool.
      It's my own choice, no one unfluenced me!
      I can't boast to have people in my generation to support Liverpool but I can myself  start generation of Liverpool supporters! :)
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #213: Jan 23, 2008 07:13:23 pm
      People from outside Liverpool do not have the same passion for the reds as Scousers do.   :shock:

Discuss....

What! For this statement alone, We should do a drive-by at the Merseyside. I'm sure you're just playing.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #214: Jan 23, 2008 07:44:59 pm
      What! For this statement alone, We should do a drive-by at the Merseyside. I'm sure you're just playing.

who are 'we'? Who about are you talking?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #215: Jan 23, 2008 08:41:21 pm
      who are 'we'? Who about are you talking?

I'm not wools and I don't even live in europe, but non of that serve as a measurement tool for the passion channeled in the love of any team of choice.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #216: Jan 23, 2008 08:44:24 pm
      I'm not wools and I don't even live in europe, but non of that serve as a measurement tool for the passion channeled in the love of any team of choice.

Agree with  you not being British too. However I am from Europe, if to count Belarus is still Europe though situated in the Easten Europe!
      niki*****
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #217: Jan 23, 2008 08:48:50 pm

I can't boast to have people in my generation to support Liverpool but I can myself  start generation of Liverpool supporters! :)

is right love!!! whether uve come 2 mins down the road or 2 days to get to anfield your seats well deserved!!!!!
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #218: Jan 23, 2008 09:19:19 pm
      is right love!!! whether uve come 2 mins down the road or 2 days to get to anfield your seats well deserved!!!!!

So thank you, niki*****!
      Every Liverpool fan deserves a seat at Anfiled for the present! :)
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #219: Jan 23, 2008 09:23:20 pm
      Wish I'd never started this topic now.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #220: Jan 24, 2008 11:00:42 am
      koolkidda, no need to feel bad about starting such a topic mate, it happens today, it's just a common thing, but we are all a big red family at the end of the day no matter where you come from, i have just got to learn to take the stuff on the chin if it ever comes my way, which it probably never will, it's my stupid paranoia! ;D

But honestly mate, it's a well good discussion and it has done wonders to an OOT like myself and to hear peoples opinions is encouraging for the growth of this football club's true support, i was just going through a phase of very bad paranoia!

YNWA - RTK

Matt
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #221: Jan 24, 2008 01:47:05 pm
      Helped those who didnt understand bit of the culture of the club. Served a purpose i believe.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #222: Jan 24, 2008 06:20:10 pm
      Helped those who didnt understand bit of the culture of the club. Served a purpose I believe.

And can you say for me about club's culture?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #223: Jan 26, 2008 09:29:44 am
      Where do we start mate? Going to to take a loooooooooooooooong time and a hell of a patient person to type LFC's history.Just gain general knowledge about keys events in the club's history. Look up the likes of Hillsborough, the 70's and 80's. Thats a start that will surely help you there Alessio.

These things play abig part in what LFC is today. Faith, passion and incredible support.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #224: Jan 26, 2008 06:46:00 pm
      I have already read much about Liverpool history, players, managers, sayings, Hillsborough, Heysel.

I only thought there is anything special I haven't known yet. I always want to get to know more.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #225: Jan 26, 2008 06:51:31 pm
      Alessio invest in this DVD

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liverpool-Official-History-Fc/dp/B00006JY81/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1201373400&sr=1-2

I personally gave this to a family member of the Benitez family soon after Rafa joined us... tells you everything you need to know about why we are the greatest football club in the world.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #226: Jan 26, 2008 07:06:47 pm
      Alessio invest in this DVD

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liverpool-Official-History-Fc/dp/B00006JY81/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1201373400&sr=1-2

I personally gave this to a family member of the Benitez family soon after Rafa joined us... tells you everything you need to know about why we are the greatest football club in the world.

Thank you, donrafael! You often give those references, I couldn't understand how to do with it. I am ready to invest in anything. If anyone explains me how it works if I live in Belarus! I have registreted on the www.amazon.co.uk. but that's all I did!I couldn't understand where to pay money how to pay and all those things which are simple to you
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,653 posts | 6948 
      Reply #227: Jan 26, 2008 07:10:31 pm
      Topic Locked.
      johnbarnes10
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts | -23 
      ANTI OOTers on the up?
      Reply #228: Apr 18, 2008 07:30:29 am
      I am a proud OOT red (CUMBRIA) I love Liverpool the city and the team to bits, when I was a kid I used to pretend to all my mates at school I spoke scouse just because I went to a game on a Saturday. Over the last 20 years of following the reds I have felt over the last 2 or 3 years the anti OOT attitude is on the increase. Having read many articles about OOTers I agree with alot of the points for example the allocation of tickets is wrong and anyone from the city should have priority and be able to go to the ground and get match tickets before they are sent off round the globe! Don't get me wrong I still feel  anti OOTers are a minority but there is nothing more soul destroying than spending your hard earned cash watching the team you have loved since a boy only to get a hard time when someone hears your accent.  I look forward to any points of view YNWA!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: ANTI OOTers on the up?
      Reply #229: Apr 18, 2008 07:54:46 am
      Please explain to an old man what do you mean by anti ooters

Quick Reply