Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Wools v Scousers

Read 30378 times
      johnbarnes10
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts | -23 
      Re: ANTI OOTers on the up?
      Reply #230: Apr 18, 2008 07:59:03 am
      Apologies OOT stands for Out of Towners.
      Please explain to an old man what do you mean by anti ooters
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #231: Apr 18, 2008 12:03:18 pm
      Well John all I can say mate, is I have been in a similar boat to yours for a couple of years now and im only 18. I love Liverpool and im sure people will back me up on this one --) I used to come on here and ramble on about being mistreated as an OOT all the time, I got over it though mate, and im so glad I did, because it was tearing me apart!

The best way to think of it is by knowing that Liverpool Football Club (The actual club) want your support and that's all that matters, why do they send letters to my house in Kent saying "Dear Liverpool Supporter" and offering me stuff, because they want my OOT support to keep them financially secure and to keep them supported in big numbers! I now ignore any anti-OOTers, because they dont run the club, so what god given right do they have in telling me where to go, NONE!

Liverpool Football Club want OOT support, they need it! Why are there International Branches, Supporter Clubs, Fan Card Solutions, Mega Stores the list is endless, there all there to attract us. Times have moved on from when you supported your local club, which is arguably destroying the smaller clubs.

People may call you a glory hunter, I get it all the time, I just say "We're not exactly winning the premiership year in, year out yet are we? So how am I a glory hunter when I've supported Liverpool all my life!"

The club needs both Local and OOT support. The locals are the heartbeat of the club, and I will never disagree with that, the OOT's are the pillars of the club, the ones that keep it upright and big! The combination is needed for this amazing club to survive!

Liverpool Football Club = Globally Supported Club, that's why Everton will never be a big club, because they are a shut up shop club = the so called peoples club, it's laughable really!

I think I could talk about this for ever and ever, because I have so many points, which I did put in a post a while back and I dont want to get back into this annoying, frustrating arguement because even though I am over it, it can always come back to upset me!

My advice for you mate is, Chin Up, Sing Up and know that Liverpool Football Club want your support and dont let anyone tell you different!  :)

Matt
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2008 12:08:09 pm by T-Unit-LFC »
      johnbarnes10
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts | -23 
      Reply #232: Apr 18, 2008 12:15:54 pm
      Matt,

Some very valid points thankyou, have you ever been subject to any hassle? I had a do at blackburn away this season where a group of young lads had obviously blagged there way in to the ground and took my seat, when I went to claim it with my ticket I was given the old "F**k OFF WOOLY" etc etc...... I will never stop supporting theclub and following them around Europe but it really is annoying to get such abuse. :f_steam:
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #233: Apr 18, 2008 12:41:11 pm
      When i have been talking to my dad in the grounds, i've got a few funny looks and that mate.

Take no notice of them, they dont own the club and you'll always find 9 times out of 10 that it is young immature kids giving the looks, the older wiser true supporting Scousers respect our support and theres many on here. I know how you feel though mate, it's like a stab wound through the beating heart, but if you keep following LFC through this sort of abuse, it proves how great a fan you really are!

Honestly mate take no notice and if they give you grief next time, tell them how important OOT's are to the football club, they'll soon shut their traps!

Matt
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #234: Apr 18, 2008 12:49:49 pm
      Well John all I can say mate, is I have been in a similar boat to yours for a couple of years now and im only 18. I love Liverpool and im sure people will back me up on this one --) I used to come on here and ramble on about being mistreated as an OOT all the time, I got over it though mate, and im so glad I did, because it was tearing me apart!

The best way to think of it is by knowing that Liverpool Football Club (The actual club) want your support and that's all that matters, why do they send letters to my house in Kent saying "Dear Liverpool Supporter" and offering me stuff, because they want my OOT support to keep them financially secure and to keep them supported in big numbers! I now ignore any anti-OOTers, because they dont run the club, so what god given right do they have in telling me where to go, NONE!

Liverpool Football Club want OOT support, they need it! Why are there International Branches, Supporter Clubs, Fan Card Solutions, Mega Stores the list is endless, there all there to attract us. Times have moved on from when you supported your local club, which is arguably destroying the smaller clubs.

People may call you a glory hunter, I get it all the time, I just say "We're not exactly winning the premiership year in, year out yet are we? So how am I a glory hunter when I've supported Liverpool all my life!"

The club needs both Local and OOT support. The locals are the heartbeat of the club, and I will never disagree with that, the OOT's are the pillars of the club, the ones that keep it upright and big! The combination is needed for this amazing club to survive!

Liverpool Football Club = Globally Supported Club, that's why Everton will never be a big club, because they are a shut up shop club = the so called peoples club, it's laughable really!

I think I could talk about this for ever and ever, because I have so many points, which I did put in a post a while back and I dont want to get back into this annoying, frustrating arguement because even though I am over it, it can always come back to upset me!

My advice for you mate is, Chin Up, Sing Up and know that Liverpool Football Club want your support and dont let anyone tell you different!  :)

Matt

I know exactally what you mean Matt as I have been in the same scenario myself, branded a "glory supporter" you ever notice that it's usually when we are winning and Manu ain't? but it's alright to support Arsenal and Chelsea because you can get free corporate seats from someone who knows someone who's got one spare ??? F***ing outrageous!

I will continue to support this club if indeed we do end up in league 1 like Leeds, I can also say that I do take an interest in my local team from back home (Stafford Rangers) who are now relegated to the blue square north but all is not lost though as Steve Bull is our manager! (ex Wolves striker) ;D
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #235: Apr 18, 2008 12:55:26 pm
      I know exactally what you mean Matt as I have been in the same scenario myself, branded a "glory supporter" you ever notice that it's usually when we are winning and Manu ain't? but it's alright to support Arsenal and Chelsea because you can get free corporate seats from someone who knows someone who's got one spare ??? F***ing outrageous!

I will continue to support this club if indeed we do end up in league 1 like Leeds, I can also say that I do take an interest in my local team from back home (Stafford Rangers) who are now relegated to the blue square north but all is not lost though as Steve Bull is our manager! (ex Wolves striker) ;D

AJ exactly right fella. My local Gillingham FC, i have no passion or love for them whatsoever, infact i pretty much detest them.

You'll always get the glory hunter rubbish thrown at you, it's common, although i am strongly against adults who support LFC for us winning in Istanbul, it's sad to say it but these type of fans are keeping the club financially sound.

There has to be a way where these sort of arguements are stopped because what if it gets to the stage where Liverpool are followed like a Gillingham or Stafford Rangers, will the Locals want OOT support then.

I can also safely say i will love Liverpool even if they get relegated to the very bottom, the passion and magic of the club is why i support them!

Matt
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #236: Apr 18, 2008 01:02:06 pm
      AJ exactly right fella. My local Gillingham FC, I have no passion or love for them whatsoever, infact I pretty much detest them.

You'll always get the glory hunter rubbish thrown at you, it's common, although I am strongly against adults who support LFC for us winning in Istanbul, it's sad to say it but these type of fans are keeping the club financially sound.

There has to be a way where these sort of arguements are stopped because what if it gets to the stage where Liverpool are followed like a Gillingham or Stafford Rangers, will the Locals want OOT support then.

I can also safely say I will love Liverpool even if they get relegated to the very bottom, the passion and magic of the club is why I support them!

Matt

You can tell the real fans from the plastics and I can honestly say you are the kind of fan this club needs the more people like you who support this club can only be good no matter whether you are from Liverpool, New York or Cape Town if you have faith and passion for the club the time to show it is now.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Wools v Scousers
      Reply #237: Apr 18, 2008 01:08:49 pm
      Topic merged with the existing OOT thread.

I have to say I'm shocked Matt had something to say on the subject :D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #238: Apr 18, 2008 03:47:27 pm
      This thread does absolutely nothing for unity amongst fellow Reds.

I would lock it... but hey freedom of speech and all that jazz.

It's only going to get worse as we become a properly exploited worldwide "brand"...
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #239: Apr 18, 2008 04:11:22 pm
       :f_steam: :lmao: :f_steam: :lmao:
      bugger i'd just posted a reply saying i'd just seen the daftest topic i'd seen.Then i read this. Of course it's  generally bollox. My parents were born in LIVERPOOL, all 50+ realtives live in Liverpool. I was born and live in the south east. I know the city more than some of them - have taken them around sites in city by foot. I have a tattoo, I love the club like I do my mrs. I know more about whats going on at LFC than some of my relatives. I've seen more games in the last few years than they have.
      I rememeber and tlak about Hillsborough more than they do.
      Justice for the 96
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #240: Apr 18, 2008 08:47:47 pm
      Personally I don't think it matters where you were born, its to do with how you conduct yourself as a fan, have the passion, know the history, get to games if you have the opportunity etc.
      I have a Chelski mate who was born there who always gives me a hard time saying I'm not a real Liverpool fan because I'm not from there but I can safely say I'm a better Liverpool fan than he is a Chelsea one purely because he knows nothing about his club...but thats probably because thats their type!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #241: Apr 18, 2008 09:56:57 pm
      Personally I don't think it matters where you were born, its to do with how you conduct yourself as a fan, have the passion, know the history, get to games if you have the opportunity etc.
      I have a Chelski mate who was born there who always gives me a hard time saying I'm not a real Liverpool fan because I'm not from there but I can safely say I'm a better Liverpool fan than he is a Chelsea one purely because he knows nothing about his club...but thats probably because thats their type!

It doesn't matter where your from your a member of your world wide phenomenon, family and fraternity that is LFC.
      I live in the city centre and that doesn't make my support for the club anymore legitimate than anybody else's!

WE'LL ALL WALK ON TOGETHER
      RIP 96
      IRWT
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #242: Apr 19, 2008 06:25:15 pm
      It doesn't matter where your from your a member of your world wide phenomenon, family and fraternity that is LFC.
      I live in the city centre and that doesn't make my support for the club anymore legitimate than anybody else's!

WE'LL ALL WALK ON TOGETHER
      RIP 96
      IRWT

Top. Top Post, Well Said Fella! Liverpool Is One Big Red Family!

Yeah Eddie I Couldn't Resist Getting Involved Mate lmao! :-D
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #243: Apr 19, 2008 09:31:39 pm
      I have to agree with the non-scousers, I was born in London and my family relocated to Bristol when I was a small child, I first got into liverpool as they were very successful when I was a child and as I wasnt from Bristol I didnt attach myself to either city or rovers. I have been a Liverpool follower for almost 27 years now, and I stress I am a 'follower' not a 'fan' as I dont go to nearly enough games to consider myself a fan. I have many friends in Liverpool and have been to Anfield many times throughout my life and I love the city, the people and of course LFC. Standing with my scarf over my head singing YNWA with 45,000 other LFC fans is the most amazing feeling I have ever had and the only time I have ever felt like I was a part of something special and that I belonged, the gigantic scouser who hugged me at the end of my first ever anfield rendition of YNWA didnt seem to mind my farmers accent!, all this is due to this amazing club and ALL of you from wherever you are in the world standing next to me in person or in spirit. Scousers may have a point but dont ever think that just because someone doesnt speak with a scouse accent they dont love and respect the club and its traditions as much as you. YNWA -one love - one club - LFC forever!
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #244: Apr 19, 2008 09:46:56 pm
      can't believe we're still banging on about this.

we are all one, we are LFC.  case closed.
      LiverpoolWorldwide
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #245: Jul 21, 2008 01:43:48 pm
      What do you think of this video. It's very basic, but after seeing some of the abusive you tube comments on wools, OOT's and what have you, this needed to be done to keep harmony at such a welcoming club like Liverpool!

Perhaps this video could be put on the site homepage, just to steer clear a message to those that constantly tell wools etc "Get Out Of Our Club!"

Comments on the video are courtesy of the posts found on here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYXzOOVq4Ws
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2008 01:47:03 pm by LiverpoolWorldwide »
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #246: Jul 21, 2008 01:53:11 pm
      What do you think of this video. It's very basic, but after seeing some of the abusive you tube comments on wools, OOT's and what have you, this needed to be done to keep harmony at such a welcoming club like Liverpool!

Perhaps this video could be put on the site homepage, just to steer clear a message to those that constantly tell wools etc "Get Out Of Our Club!"

Comments on the video are courtesy of the posts found on here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYXzOOVq4Ws

Nice touch there I fully agree the club needs support from all corners of the world as well as players/coaches/backroom staff else it would just be well it doesn't bear to think about that ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #247: Jul 21, 2008 02:06:46 pm
      I'm a born an bred scouser and f***in proud to be, but that doesn't make me any more of a fan than anybody else. I've been sat at Anfield and saw people from Widnes/Warrington/St Helens and even further a field sing their hearts out while the scousers sat silently. An address doesn't determine how passionate you are for this club, your love does.

I will say however it's probably harder for people living in L'pol to take defeat simply because you don't get away from it. No matter how old you are, you have the Evertonians laughin at you. Also in this city, football is the top of all conversations, so it's hard to escape it. Football surrounds you in Liverpool and people speak it about with so much passion, it's for this reason why I think Liverpool AND Everton have the most passionate and loyal fans in England. We can't hide away from the fact Everton have loyalty and passion as well, on away games you never see empty seats from Everton fans. For me that's the scouse influence. Both clubs started with scouse fans and still now the core are scousers and on the whole scouse people are loyal and passionate.

So although there is a difference between scousers and the rest, we all love the club and that's all that matters. As long as you're filled up with pride when you sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" and are willing to stick with Liverpool Football Club through thick and thin it's doesn't make a blind bit of difference where you from, because you're a Liverpool fan and that's something nobody can take away from you.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #248: Jul 22, 2008 01:43:07 am
      i have supported liverpool since i was in pampers despite being from belfast and i will continue to love  them from my grave. this thread should be locked as it seems that everyone is in an agreement about this debate!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #249: Jul 22, 2008 02:18:10 am
      in reality though, there hasnt really been much thin compared to the majority of clubs...

thats the funny thing about football, it like anything else in life , people will always attach to something that is successful, pitty bristol city didnt get promoted though as they are a big city and deserve prem club.

good luck to all the outsiders who support our club, you are welcome, and also welcome to our great city and visit whenever you want god knows the city needs people spending here. YNWA..... anny road rules ha ha
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #250: Jul 22, 2008 08:27:37 am
      can't believe we're still banging on about this.

we are all one, we are LFC.  case closed.

My thoughts exactly.

Our support is not just national. It's international.  Look at our team.  Hardly 100% scouse is it?

Local team for local people?  Sounds a bit Royston Vasey to me.
      LiverpoolWorldwide
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #251: Jul 23, 2008 04:26:27 pm
      It's a disgrace that some people can slate both Scouse and Worldwide Liverpool fans.

Like somebody said - Liverpool is a globally supported football club, we are all one big family!

Below is an interesting couple of links:

http://www.4thegame.com/features/feature/82571/.html#continued

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20070623073420AAlWjnc

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2008 04:34:35 pm by LiverpoolWorldwide »

Quick Reply