Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Beat Everton Or Utd?

I'd rather beat Utd & I'm from Liverpool
      7 (21.2%)
      I'd rather beat Everton & I'm from Liverpool
      1 (3%)
      I'd rather beat Utd & I'm from out of town
      22 (66.7%)
      I'd rather beat Everton & I'm from out of town
      3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 31

What means more to you?

Read 3903 times
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      What means more to you?
      Mar 18, 2008 05:09:42 pm
      Now with 2 big games coming up against our biggest rivals which game means more to you?Would you sacrific losing to utd for a win against everton or vice versa? In a ideal world it would be nice to win both games but if i had to chose one id say a win over Utd would give me more satisfaction.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: What means more to you?
      Reply #1: Mar 18, 2008 05:12:29 pm
      Rather lose to Everton.  Couldn't care less about Everton.  They are just another small club in the Premier League.  It's a pity we have loads of them swarming around us.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Mar 18, 2008 05:22:07 pm
      Deffo United!

Can't wait for Sunday, really think we can do them this time around. Loved watching the Everton away game when Kuyt scored that last minute penalty then they got denied a stonewaller bout a minute later. Same again please.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #3: Mar 18, 2008 05:33:09 pm
      Yea I agree with Doddzy United is the big one, if we beat them on their turf everything changes the bookies will slash the odds and the title race is firmly back on.  Everton would be a good one to win too and who knows we have the best form in the league atm won our last 7 games in all competition.  Bring it!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #4: Mar 18, 2008 05:35:32 pm
      We beat Man u we are back in the title race ? If they didnt have a game in hand i would agree.

If we lost to everton after surely that would knock us straight back out of it.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #5: Mar 18, 2008 05:37:35 pm
      Agreed, if we do win against the scum then I wouldn't be saying we are back in it. Would only say that if we took 9 points from Scum, Everton and Arsenal. We can all dream
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Reply #6: Mar 18, 2008 05:59:30 pm
      Defo United is far more important. You always want to beat the other big teams. Everton, like Court said, are just another small club. Tbh if we do the scum i might just consider backing chelsea to win the league. They are right up there with a shout. We wont win it, thats certain but we can make the gap smaller and have a say in who does.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #7: Mar 18, 2008 06:20:06 pm
      We have to win both matches! A must win! We must continue winning till the end of the season! Period.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #8: Mar 18, 2008 06:32:06 pm
      Defo United is far more important. You always want to beat the other big teams. Everton, like Court said, are just another small club. Tbh if we do the scum I might just consider backing chelsea to win the league. They are right up there with a shout. We wont win it, thats certain but we can make the gap smaller and have a say in who does.

Why would you want to back Chelsea?! They are low lifes.

If I had to pick anyone besides us, it would be Arsenal
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Mar 18, 2008 06:36:08 pm
      Now with 2 big games coming up against our biggest rivals which game means more to you?Would you sacrific losing to utd for a win against everton or vice versa? In a ideal world it would be nice to win both games but if I had to chose one id say a win over Utd would give me more satisfaction.
      I must correct you ,we have 5 big games coming up if you include the 3 against Arsenal.I would not sacrifice any of them,we have to go for the jugular in every game we play and win the lot.It does not have to be pretty as long as we get the result.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #10: Mar 18, 2008 06:36:54 pm
      We have to win both matches! A must win! We must continue winning till the end of the season! Period.

I think nobody will disagree, but this was a hypothetic question, like IF you had to choose between the two.
      Actually I would prefer a win over Everton. Why? Beating Utd at Old Trafford would give me more satisfaction, but if we won against Utd and lost against Everton, we would risk Everton picking up 6 points from the 2 next games, while we pick up 3. And then 4th spot is totally open again. Loosing against Utd and winning against Everton would give 3 point for us and maximum 3 points for everton. So we would still be clear favourites for 4th spot, which is important for the future of the club.

I still think the main aim is to secure 4th spot. We shouldnt start dreaming about the title before 4th spot is secured. Choosing the win over Utd. and defeat against Everton could be like pissing our own pants on a cold winter day. Warm for short period of time, but then it may turn very cold.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #11: Mar 18, 2008 06:40:10 pm
      I must correct you ,we have 5 big games coming up if you include the 3 against Arsenal.I would not sacrifice any of them,we have to go for the jugular in every game we play and win the lot.It does not have to be pretty as long as we get the result.

Spot on Billy.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #12: Mar 18, 2008 07:51:43 pm
      I F***ing hate united and everything about them but (having to be cold and clinical unfortunately) I would rather beat Everton at this point of the season as it would assure our Champion's League spot. That's the whole point of the question, not which team is our biggest rival, or who do you hate the most and why (things that have been discussed recently I think ;)).

We all hate them both anyway! :D
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #13: Mar 18, 2008 08:49:07 pm
      Got to be the urinals,we owe them big style,we shouldn't be worrying about the small fry from down the road,they won't even be in our city in a few years time.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #14: Mar 18, 2008 11:58:26 pm
      Don't you think losing to utd and then beating everton points to the fact, we can't beat the top teams, only the lesser teams. I think for the future of the club we have to beat the top teams to regain the belief and confidence we once had that we will win all games. If we beat manure and then lost to everton, we would still regain fourth spot as we would have the belief once again. Anything an happen in a derby, everyone knows that
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15: Mar 19, 2008 12:29:29 am
      I'd say united because we have'nt beaten them at that sh*t hole of theirs in 7 years and thats just too long. It could even throw us into the title race as the top 3 all  have to play each other, but thats is only if we can win all the remaining games.
      lfc 2 shitchester united 0, torres with both goals
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: Mar 19, 2008 09:07:57 am
      United, then United and probably abit of United after that. F**k Everton, they mean nothing. I would love nothing more than a Scum smashing.
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #17: Mar 19, 2008 11:24:00 am
      I want to beat United, so badly...

As mentioned above, our pedigree will only really be confirmed if we can go to places like that sh*thole OT and grind out wins. We have to beat the big teams, its no use we pummel the smaller sides but keep coming unstuck against the likes of the three teams above us.

Alot has been said about their victories over the last few encounters between us, "lucky", "fortunate", "we outplayed them but..." As far as I can see, if there is any proverbial, divine luck that is up for grabs out there, it  is on our side. We must make the chances and take them. We must beat Manure in their own yard...we must leave there with three points.

So I guess what I am trying to say (in an effort to remain firmly grounded on topic) is that I would prefer a win against the current log leaders...

Walk on lads...

IRWT
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #18: Mar 19, 2008 11:31:15 am
      The SCUM if we beat them on Sunday the game is on because its down to 5 points or something around that anyway.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #19: Mar 19, 2008 01:38:21 pm
      If we beat utd on sunday ill be even more peeved off with our home draws early on in season like the wigan game if only we won 2 of them things would have been so different with the 4 extra points.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #20: Mar 19, 2008 01:44:51 pm
      If we beat utd on sunday ill be even more peeved off with our home draws early on in season like the wigan game if only we won 2 of them things would have been so different with the 4 extra points.

Yeah, we will all look at those results and think if only.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21: Mar 19, 2008 03:05:04 pm
      this is a tough choice because if we were to beat both then a)wed go 6 clear of Everton and b)close the gap on utd so we cant afford to lose to either. I hate losing to either but as im outside the city I get more grief off utd fans if they beat us where as it seems that most scousers prefer beating Everton cos the abuse lasts until the next derby if they beat us. 

So just beat both the bas**rds hey lads!!
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      Reply #22: Mar 19, 2008 03:51:44 pm
      Defo rather win man u than everton, we havnt beat them in ages so beating them at home and wreking the title win would be better than beatin everton!!

Quick Reply