Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Beat Everton Or Utd?

I'd rather beat Utd & I'm from Liverpool
      7 (21.2%)
      I'd rather beat Everton & I'm from Liverpool
      1 (3%)
      I'd rather beat Utd & I'm from out of town
      22 (66.7%)
      I'd rather beat Everton & I'm from out of town
      3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 31

What means more to you?

Read 3902 times
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      What means more to you?
      Mar 18, 2008 05:09:42 pm
      Now with 2 big games coming up against our biggest rivals which game means more to you?Would you sacrific losing to utd for a win against everton or vice versa? In a ideal world it would be nice to win both games but if i had to chose one id say a win over Utd would give me more satisfaction.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: What means more to you?
      Reply #1: Mar 18, 2008 05:12:29 pm
      Rather lose to Everton.  Couldn't care less about Everton.  They are just another small club in the Premier League.  It's a pity we have loads of them swarming around us.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Mar 18, 2008 05:22:07 pm
      Deffo United!

Can't wait for Sunday, really think we can do them this time around. Loved watching the Everton away game when Kuyt scored that last minute penalty then they got denied a stonewaller bout a minute later. Same again please.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #3: Mar 18, 2008 05:33:09 pm
      Yea I agree with Doddzy United is the big one, if we beat them on their turf everything changes the bookies will slash the odds and the title race is firmly back on.  Everton would be a good one to win too and who knows we have the best form in the league atm won our last 7 games in all competition.  Bring it!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #4: Mar 18, 2008 05:35:32 pm
      We beat Man u we are back in the title race ? If they didnt have a game in hand i would agree.

If we lost to everton after surely that would knock us straight back out of it.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #5: Mar 18, 2008 05:37:35 pm
      Agreed, if we do win against the scum then I wouldn't be saying we are back in it. Would only say that if we took 9 points from Scum, Everton and Arsenal. We can all dream
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Reply #6: Mar 18, 2008 05:59:30 pm
      Defo United is far more important. You always want to beat the other big teams. Everton, like Court said, are just another small club. Tbh if we do the scum i might just consider backing chelsea to win the league. They are right up there with a shout. We wont win it, thats certain but we can make the gap smaller and have a say in who does.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #7: Mar 18, 2008 06:20:06 pm
      We have to win both matches! A must win! We must continue winning till the end of the season! Period.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #8: Mar 18, 2008 06:32:06 pm
      Defo United is far more important. You always want to beat the other big teams. Everton, like Court said, are just another small club. Tbh if we do the scum I might just consider backing chelsea to win the league. They are right up there with a shout. We wont win it, thats certain but we can make the gap smaller and have a say in who does.

Why would you want to back Chelsea?! They are low lifes.

If I had to pick anyone besides us, it would be Arsenal
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Mar 18, 2008 06:36:08 pm
      Now with 2 big games coming up against our biggest rivals which game means more to you?Would you sacrific losing to utd for a win against everton or vice versa? In a ideal world it would be nice to win both games but if I had to chose one id say a win over Utd would give me more satisfaction.
      I must correct you ,we have 5 big games coming up if you include the 3 against Arsenal.I would not sacrifice any of them,we have to go for the jugular in every game we play and win the lot.It does not have to be pretty as long as we get the result.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #10: Mar 18, 2008 06:36:54 pm
      We have to win both matches! A must win! We must continue winning till the end of the season! Period.

I think nobody will disagree, but this was a hypothetic question, like IF you had to choose between the two.
      Actually I would prefer a win over Everton. Why? Beating Utd at Old Trafford would give me more satisfaction, but if we won against Utd and lost against Everton, we would risk Everton picking up 6 points from the 2 next games, while we pick up 3. And then 4th spot is totally open again. Loosing against Utd and winning against Everton would give 3 point for us and maximum 3 points for everton. So we would still be clear favourites for 4th spot, which is important for the future of the club.

I still think the main aim is to secure 4th spot. We shouldnt start dreaming about the title before 4th spot is secured. Choosing the win over Utd. and defeat against Everton could be like pissing our own pants on a cold winter day. Warm for short period of time, but then it may turn very cold.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #11: Mar 18, 2008 06:40:10 pm
      I must correct you ,we have 5 big games coming up if you include the 3 against Arsenal.I would not sacrifice any of them,we have to go for the jugular in every game we play and win the lot.It does not have to be pretty as long as we get the result.

Spot on Billy.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #12: Mar 18, 2008 07:51:43 pm
      I F***ing hate united and everything about them but (having to be cold and clinical unfortunately) I would rather beat Everton at this point of the season as it would assure our Champion's League spot. That's the whole point of the question, not which team is our biggest rival, or who do you hate the most and why (things that have been discussed recently I think ;)).

We all hate them both anyway! :D
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #13: Mar 18, 2008 08:49:07 pm
      Got to be the urinals,we owe them big style,we shouldn't be worrying about the small fry from down the road,they won't even be in our city in a few years time.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #14: Mar 18, 2008 11:58:26 pm
      Don't you think losing to utd and then beating everton points to the fact, we can't beat the top teams, only the lesser teams. I think for the future of the club we have to beat the top teams to regain the belief and confidence we once had that we will win all games. If we beat manure and then lost to everton, we would still regain fourth spot as we would have the belief once again. Anything an happen in a derby, everyone knows that
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15: Mar 19, 2008 12:29:29 am
      I'd say united because we have'nt beaten them at that sh*t hole of theirs in 7 years and thats just too long. It could even throw us into the title race as the top 3 all  have to play each other, but thats is only if we can win all the remaining games.
      lfc 2 shitchester united 0, torres with both goals
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: Mar 19, 2008 09:07:57 am
      United, then United and probably abit of United after that. F**k Everton, they mean nothing. I would love nothing more than a Scum smashing.
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #17: Mar 19, 2008 11:24:00 am
      I want to beat United, so badly...

As mentioned above, our pedigree will only really be confirmed if we can go to places like that sh*thole OT and grind out wins. We have to beat the big teams, its no use we pummel the smaller sides but keep coming unstuck against the likes of the three teams above us.

Alot has been said about their victories over the last few encounters between us, "lucky", "fortunate", "we outplayed them but..." As far as I can see, if there is any proverbial, divine luck that is up for grabs out there, it  is on our side. We must make the chances and take them. We must beat Manure in their own yard...we must leave there with three points.

So I guess what I am trying to say (in an effort to remain firmly grounded on topic) is that I would prefer a win against the current log leaders...

Walk on lads...

IRWT
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #18: Mar 19, 2008 11:31:15 am
      The SCUM if we beat them on Sunday the game is on because its down to 5 points or something around that anyway.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #19: Mar 19, 2008 01:38:21 pm
      If we beat utd on sunday ill be even more peeved off with our home draws early on in season like the wigan game if only we won 2 of them things would have been so different with the 4 extra points.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #20: Mar 19, 2008 01:44:51 pm
      If we beat utd on sunday ill be even more peeved off with our home draws early on in season like the wigan game if only we won 2 of them things would have been so different with the 4 extra points.

Yeah, we will all look at those results and think if only.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2826 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21: Mar 19, 2008 03:05:04 pm
      this is a tough choice because if we were to beat both then a)wed go 6 clear of Everton and b)close the gap on utd so we cant afford to lose to either. I hate losing to either but as im outside the city I get more grief off utd fans if they beat us where as it seems that most scousers prefer beating Everton cos the abuse lasts until the next derby if they beat us. 

So just beat both the bas**rds hey lads!!
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      Reply #22: Mar 19, 2008 03:51:44 pm
      Defo rather win man u than everton, we havnt beat them in ages so beating them at home and wreking the title win would be better than beatin everton!!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #23: Mar 19, 2008 10:07:25 pm
      This is being debated on lfc.tv at the moment.

Obviously they're both massive games and we need to be looking at 6 points, but hypothetically speaking if we could only win one it would have to be the derby for me. In these days of Sky hyping up the rivalries with sh*te like 'Judgement Day' and the like a lot of fans seem to have forgotten who our number one rivals are, the bitters. Add to that the fact that they're breathing down our neck this season and it becomes a no brainer for me.

Admittedly it would also be gutting losing to Manure, but at least we'd hear the end of it after a week or so. If we lose to the bitters you just know it's DVD time again :D
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #24: Mar 19, 2008 11:37:46 pm
      A win against the scumbags is always essential in any part of the season.
      Yes it would be nice to beat the Toffees too, which I think we will anyway. The enemy up the road are going for the league and anything we can do to hinder that is what any reds fan would want, so I'd take beating those shitebags any day of the week  :lmao:
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #25: Mar 19, 2008 11:40:23 pm
      I'd be interested to see what sort of split there is between locals & out of towners, I have a feeling I'll be in a very small minority that lives out of town but would prefer to beat Everton. Poll added.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #26: Mar 20, 2008 12:11:18 am
      I'd be interested to see what sort of split there is between locals & out of towners, I have a feeling I'll be in a very small minority that lives out of town but would prefer to beat Everton. Poll added.

Me too Eddie.......... and I say this as a true Scouser, there is no greater satisfaction than beating the blue sh*te, bragging rights for the rest of the season, I doubt very much if we can catch manure, but the blue sh*te are still to close for comfort for my liking....
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #27: Mar 20, 2008 01:24:22 am
      I seriously can't decide. Honestly.

See, I'm probably stuck in the old days of derbys were bragging rights was banter and not so much ill feeling. These days it's an absolute joke the way it's got so bitter. Anyone who lives here will tell you that.
      The bragging rights are one thing - and I know what's like to be on the receiving end over the years. Back in the 80's if we lost, I used to dread the thought of going into school on the Monday. On the other hand, if we won, I was there at the crack of dawn singing songs.

But the rivalry with the mancs is also a big thing if you're a scouser. For me it is anyway. It's a very weird passionate thing. It might stem from Ian Rush finding it bizarrely hard to score against them years ago. I don't know. It could have something to do with the city of Liverpool v the city of Manchester. It's definitely not anything to do with the way games are built up to be from the likes of the media.

A very hard question. They both mean a massive amount to me. I can't comprehend the thought of not being able to beat both of them.

Maybe beating the bitters shades it by a few millimetres because of the local team thing. But as a scouser, I think manchester shade the rivalry over the local bitters.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #28: Mar 20, 2008 01:55:22 am
      the poll was a good idea, i think most liverpudlians will go for everton but most out of towners like myself will go for utd. i think its to do with the bragging rights, if your living in liverpool you get to slag your bitter neighbours and friends. for me though most people support the manc scum so i'll get the bragging rights if we give them a good going over, although no reason to think it wont be a win-win situation for everyone in the next 2weeks!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Mar 20, 2008 06:27:30 am
      I already said Man U. because if we beat Man sh*te then I have no doubt we will beat Everton anyways. So lets all be happy! ;) The gap between us and them would be 5 points if we win at shitty OT. How about that eh? 5 points! If we lose to the bitters then it will be nervy times for a CL spot as they would be equal with us. So its a split decision depending on how you think of it. Then again, a win at OT and draw at Tin shed Tesco Park wouldnt be too bad at all.
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008 06:36:26 am by crouchinho »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #30: Mar 20, 2008 07:29:51 am
       Why was there not a vote for I would rather beat Manure and Everton,surely I am not being too optimistic in thinking Rafa and the lads are capable of getting a result from both games.As regards being an out of towner,I was born and bred in Liverpool but have lived overseas for quite a few years yet I still consider myself as 100% Liverpool.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2826 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Mar 20, 2008 08:07:57 am
      a big factor here as well lads is that since the premiership was ccreated in 1992 by sky sports we have had man utd rammed down our throats as the greatest thing ever. Its like football didnt exist before then. There has always been a rivalry with them proabably as much of a city rivalry as a football one but I hate them now with a passion because im told they are the greatest club when quite simply they arent we are facts are facts.

To have to listen to them in work and in the pub fu**ers who prob only get the results and dont even watch games coming up to ye and giving it loads I despise them

Now some people wont like this but I dont actually hate Everton. When they challlenged us inthe 80s I was given the impression of mates standing next to each other at games blues and reds and so never got the feeling that these were a crowd of shites. When that changed they were nowhere so they didnt bother me. I now go out with a blue and all her family are blues and when it comes to the derby theres a good bit of craic and banter with them

Even in Liverpool when im having a pint and get chatting to locals who turn out to be blues never had a problem having a pint with them and talking football. I think the fact there scousers helps but I know i couldnt sit and have a pint with a manc  and talk football or anything else for that matter.
      Cy
      Reply #32: Mar 20, 2008 08:24:28 am
      Im not sure to understand why been out of town or not matters!? Anyway, i would rather beat everton because its a derby, simple. Not to forget to mention that the press would have an other real go having them coming back close to us for the 4th spot. Saying that i expect us to win both games.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #33: Mar 20, 2008 08:33:52 am
      Why was there not a vote for I would rather beat Manure and Everton

Because I'd assume that everyone would vote for that option if it was there, and we'd be no clearer as to which one's more important to people.

Im not sure to understand why been out of town or not matters!?

As I said in my previous post, I'm just curious to see the breakdown, as it has long been said that OOTers don't understand the rivalry with Everton.
      DRARREG8
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts | -1 
      Reply #34: Mar 20, 2008 08:46:05 am
      especially in this time i really want to beat manchester and the last game in the anfield shows why :(
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #35: Mar 20, 2008 02:58:14 pm

Well, Im part of that minority then. Even though I dont know any evertonians, but some mancs, I still prefer to beat everton. As I said earlier, it would be the best option (of the two options given) in terms of securing 4th spot. To me this is a question of patience. We havent beaten ManU in the league for a long time, and it would be really nice to do so. But securing CL football next year is essential to continue the progress we are making. Both in terms of economy and in terms of attracting class players to the club. We all want to beat Utd., but if we are patient and focus on the progress of the club, instead of putting it into jepardy for just one sweet victory against them, then I am convinced that in a couple of years time we will be beat them on a regular basis. And that will be great!
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #36: Mar 20, 2008 03:06:52 pm
      Why was there not a vote for I would rather beat Manure and Everton,surely I am not being too optimistic in thinking Rafa and the lads are capable of getting a result from both games.
      :ontopic: ;)
      This was not a question of what the outcome of the games would be. And of course we would all love to beat both Everton and ManU. But as the title of the thread says, this is a question of which game means more to you. So the question is hypothetic, if you could only choose to win one and loose the other, and you had no other choice, then which one would you prefer to win.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #37: Mar 20, 2008 03:53:41 pm
      Man United for me any day off the week, simply for the reason that they are a good team (hate to say that, and trust me i HATE them!) Everton are just sh*t!

Matt
      Macca_red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #38: Mar 20, 2008 04:01:33 pm
      Can you imagine that blue shower bangin on all day if they get the result? Not good, and it could cost us 4th so beating everton would be my priority
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #39: Mar 20, 2008 05:58:14 pm
      Can you imagine that blue shower bangin on all day if they get the result? Not good, and it could cost us 4th so beating everton would be my priority

Can you imagine banging all day if we beat Man United, then beat Everton. How sweet that would be ;D
      TommyLoft
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #40: Mar 20, 2008 06:14:33 pm
      Im from Liverpool and i have gone for beating the Man United vote. I would obviously of clicked the one that said beat Everton and United, but there isnt one unfortunetly. So i clicked United because at my College there are aload of little gobby United fans so nice to shut them up for a while.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #41: Mar 20, 2008 08:13:14 pm
      Beating the scum means more to me. Im "from out of town" (Trondheim, Norway hehe) and Everton is just another small club ;)
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #42: Mar 20, 2008 08:39:51 pm
      I would rather us beat Scummy United at any given time,I hate everything about them and their fans :f_steam:They make me so mad :throw:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #43: Mar 20, 2008 08:49:26 pm
      I would rather us beat Scummy United at any given time,I hate everything about them and their fans :f_steam:They make me so mad :throw:

Beating the scum and I'm from Liverpool  ;)  Nothing sweeter than watching Ronaldo cry, it comes a close to watching John Terry cry !!  Maybe we should have a poll to see who we like watching cry the most  :lmao:

Quick Reply