Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Robbie Fowler Thread

Read 7428 times
      Leedbest
      The Robbie Fowler Thread
      Jan 28, 2006 04:24:15 pm
      HE is a great player.but i think i prefer CISSE,MORIENTES and CROUCH before him.but i prefer him more than PONGOLLE.but do not forget he is not fowler when he was at LIVERPOOL first time.
      Anonymous
      Re: The Robbie Fowler Thread
      Reply #1: Jan 29, 2006 11:35:41 am
      The signing of Robbie Fowler is a masterstroke in many ways. He is an experienced player who will, despite his age and his physical condition, will put pressure on the other frontmen. The energy generated within the club through the crowd's exultation will push expectations ever higher. It is a signing that will be good for the spirit of the club. Rafa's words about Robbie having a passion and a desire that money could noy buy is spot on.

No doubt Cisse will be the person most anxious by the arrival of God but that is no bad thing if he can use it positively. Cisse has fantastic potential and I would really like him to come good at Liverpool but he has got to get his head round what Benitez wants; a player of controlled aggression able to bring others into play and be prepared to play second fiddle to the best man on or off the ball.

Cisse needs to have a very close look at Milan Baros' fate. Rafa got shut of the "Golden Boot" winner because it is what he does for the team that matters not what glory he can heap on himself.
      Scouser Tommy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #2: Jan 29, 2006 11:38:19 am
      Quote from: "Anonymous"
      The signing of Robbie Fowler is a masterstroke in many ways. He is an experienced player who will, despite his age and his physical condition, will put pressure on the other frontmen. The energy generated within the club through the crowd's exultation will push expectations ever higher. It is a signing that will be good for the spirit of the club. Rafa's words about Robbie having a passion and a desire that money could noy buy is spot on.

No doubt Cisse will be the person most anxious by the arrival of God but that is no bad thing if he can use it positively. Cisse has fantastic potential and I would really like him to come good at Liverpool but he has got to get his head round what Benitez wants; a player of controlled aggression able to bring others into play and be prepared to play second fiddle to the best man on or off the ball.

Cisse needs to have a very close look at Milan Baros' fate. Rafa got shut of the "Golden Boot" winner because it is what he does for the team that matters not what glory he can heap on himself.

Dammit !! That's the second time I've done that. That's my post (honest!)  :roll:

My post count should be 4 not 2 !! :x
      Jesus
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 31, 2006 06:01:52 pm
      Quote from: "Leedbest"
      HE is a great player.but i think i prefer CISSE,MORIENTES and CROUCH before him.but i prefer him more than PONGOLLE.but do not forget he is not fowler when he was at LIVERPOOL first time.

My views are completely different to yours. I'd prefer Fowler to all of them, then Crouch, Flo-Po, Cisse, Morientes.

Fowler could also be used as a stiker coach, which would be highly benficial to all the lads up front.
      Scouser Tommy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 01, 2006 04:20:17 pm
      It could be a signing on a par with Gary McAlistair, although Robbie is younger than when Gary Mac became a Red. Before the departure of Flo-Po on a loan deal, I thought Rafa was doubling up on his options; Robbie and Moro both cultured and a thoughtful strike force compared to Flo-Po and Cisse who are firecracker type forwards. Crouchy would, of course, be Crouchy; a complete one-off.

I think Robbie will provide a good influence around the place with his passion for the club to the fore. How long it will all last is anyone's guess at the moment. It would be great to think that we will get 15 Premiership goals a season from him for the next three or four years !!
      Jesus
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #5: Feb 01, 2006 08:37:28 pm
      Hopefully he can pull off a Gary Mac, and I ahve no doubt he can. Only 6 month contract though, but I hope he does good enough to secure another 4 year contract.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #6: Feb 01, 2006 11:09:07 pm
      He looked lively tonight, and if that overhead kick had counted...

Well he would have been walking on water for the rest of the week.

More to come from him.
      Timur Waja
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #7: Feb 02, 2006 04:29:29 am
      Hi all....
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #8: Mar 12, 2006 04:50:29 pm
      I think he's a quality signing. him an cisse should start up front.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #9: Mar 12, 2006 04:51:53 pm
      Quote from: Jesus
      Quote from: "Leedbest"

My views are completely different to yours. I'd prefer Fowler to all of them, then Crouch, Flo-Po, Cisse, Morientes. My view is fowler cisse flo-po crouch an mori
      Pablo
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -1 
      Reply #10: Mar 27, 2006 08:04:03 pm
      Robbie is the only striker who instinctively knows where the back of the net is. As a striker no matter where you are in the box you should know exactly where the goal is in relation to your position . you should'nt even have to look - you should know . Robbie Knows !
      narmour
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 20, 2006 08:02:20 pm
      well what can i say he's my faverite liverpool player i used to watch him pot goals for fun when i was a kid i adored him and to see him return to anfield it was great, but its coming up to the new season  and the big question is, are we going to see the god do some legendary stuff again? i hope so, to be in liverpool you need passion and fowler is that of 100%. ;D
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #12: Jul 20, 2006 10:36:51 pm
      He aint called God for nothing, without doubt one of the most lethal, instinctive goalscorers this country has ever produced, he should never have left in the first place, I almost cried when I heard he came back, I still remember the 5 goals agianst fulham like it was yesterday! the contract extension was never in doubt. He has the spirit, heart and soul of a true red, you only have to remember his 5 fingers held up to Man U fans when celebrating a goal for Man City to realise how much he loves this club, and we love him back.

Robbie is back where he belongs, welcome home god, always in our hearts!
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 146 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 21, 2006 11:51:21 am
      mersey paradise. fowler back where he belongs
      (plus i know pepe is better and will play all games but i'm happy for dude at no.1 still)

Liverpool's complete squad list
      1. Jerzy Dudek
      2. Jan Kromkamp
      3. Stephen Finnan
      4. Sami Hyypia
      5. Daniel Agger
      6. John Arne Riise
      7. Harry Kewell
      8. Steven Gerrard
      9. Robbie Fowler
      10. Luis Garcia
      11. Mark Gonzalez
      12. Fabio Aurelio
      14. Xabi Alonso
      15. Peter Crouch
      17. Craig Bellamy
      20. Scott Carson
      21. Djimi Traore
      22. Momo Sissoko
      23. Jamie Carragher
      24. Florent Sinama-Pongolle
      25. Jose Reina
      28. Stephen Warnock
      29. Gabriel Paletta
      32. Bolo Zenden
      33. Neil Mellor
      34. Darren Potter
      35. Danny Guthrie
      38. David Mannix
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #14: Jul 21, 2006 12:58:57 pm
      Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to be! C'mon God!

Thought Reina might get the number 1 tho?!
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #15: Jul 21, 2006 02:15:26 pm
      fantastic news. gota get fowler 9 on my new kit now!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #16: Jul 21, 2006 02:39:40 pm
      Great news but I agree Reina should be no.1 dont know why they haven't changed that?!
      lfc_ash
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #17: Jul 21, 2006 03:57:04 pm
      wooooooooooohooooooooooo ooo !!!!

Now i hope he can score everygame with his LEGENDARY number !!!

Fowler 9 Fowler 25+ goals !!!! 1st premiership
                                         Chelsea 20th deducted 20 points for over spending!!
      dna
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #18: Jul 21, 2006 05:29:16 pm
      Well it's great thing that he's wearing number 9 again! I'm happy mates! Like I tot Reina will be wearing number 1 shirt but ok still as for Dudek cos he was and is still 1 Liverpool legend! Great season coming for sure! YNWA.
      eurochamps5x
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #19: Sep 30, 2006 04:18:04 pm
      Please could someone tell me what has happened to Robbie?
      Yet again he didn't even make the bench today! Is he injured?
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #20: Sep 30, 2006 04:24:24 pm
      Robbie is becoming a ghost at Anfield.  :cry:
      Jamez1988
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #21: Sep 30, 2006 04:41:23 pm
      guys come on he is past it yes once he was good but look at our new strikers... u cant play sum1 bcos they r loved u have to plahy them for the resut (as sh*t as we were)
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #22: Sep 30, 2006 11:27:57 pm
      Our Strikers have been sh*t except for kuyt, robbie deserves a run in the team, he can't do much worse than the shambles thats already out there.

Quick Reply