Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Robbie Fowler Thread

Read 7424 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: The Robbie Fowler Thread
      Reply #23: Sep 30, 2006 11:49:49 pm
      Robbie's not injured, not included.
      I reckon Rafa should give Robbie and Kuyt a go upfront.
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #24: Oct 01, 2006 12:10:38 am
      robbie is a legend but a legend dosent win games wen they r past it u need top clas strikers

robbie is past it wats he doing at anfield except pleasing old fans
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #25: Oct 01, 2006 03:08:47 am
      Quote from: "Liverbird"
      Our Strikers have been sh*t except for kuyt, robbie deserves a run in the team, he can't do much worse than the shambles thats already out there.

its only bellamy thats playing sh*t crouch and kuyt are playing good.
      it was our midfield that let us down today and the fact that we were so slow in everything we did.

sissoko's passing was perthetic, alonso was frustrating, bellamy cant connect with the ball, gerrards being wasted away, reina is giving me heart attacks and i dont think risse played well at all. where the F**k did the performance against tottenham go i actually thought that our season was underway then this sh*t happened.... the lines man made a bad disicion but wtf was reina doing divinf behind the wall??
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #26: Oct 26, 2006 01:53:56 am
      I am over the moon.
      Robbie, comes back... looking sharper, faster, and more threatning than ever!
      He had everything he needed tonight and I take my hat off to him.
      Plus it was his first time back as Captain since 2001.
      Well in Robbie lad, hope you get back in the team and secure another deal with us.
      One other thing.
      He's just gone 1 goal infront of Kenny Dalglish's scoring record.
      It's really made my day seeing him back in full form.
      Thanks Rafa for giving him the chance,
      YNWA
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #27: Oct 26, 2006 01:20:33 pm
      well done god :D
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #28: Oct 26, 2006 01:59:54 pm
      have to say he looks like our best striker after that performance well done robbie mate keep it up
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #29: Oct 26, 2006 03:49:25 pm
      I hope robbie will stay in v team 4 v villa match, he should be playing every match when hes fit
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #30: Oct 26, 2006 06:06:22 pm
      There's been a lot of posts on this forum saying that Fowler is finished. Far from it, he looked sharp and fit last night. Scored a great goal and even showed a turn of pace (I dont know where he got that from!). Fowler has a big part to play this season. I'd use him on the bench and bring him on especially when we need a goal in games. He's a clever player and can partner enyone.  8)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #31: Oct 26, 2006 06:27:06 pm
      Quote from: "Crazy Horse"
      There's been a lot of posts on this forum saying that Fowler is finished. Far from it, he looked sharp and fit last night. Scored a great goal and even showed a turn of pace (I dont know where he got that from!). Fowler has a big part to play this season. I'd use him on the bench and bring him on especially when we need a goal in games. He's a clever player and can partner enyone.  8)

They weren't even Reading's first XI though now were they?

Even last night he had a couple of chances the 'old' Robbie would have buried.  I want the old Robbie back just as much as anybody but I would be surprised if he is going to burrow his way back in to Rafa's top choice pairing.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #32: Oct 26, 2006 07:59:19 pm
      We'll never have the old Robbie back, that fella only exists in memories of epic 4-3 wins over Newcatle and Mega qiuck Hat tricks against Arsenal! But Fowler has a lot to offer us and he was competing last night with players alot younger and fitter than him and he lasted the pace and wasnt blowing at the end of was turned into a frantic game to say the least! I just cant understand people saying he's not worth a shirt, Robbie would be on the bench every week for me, I still think he could come on and give 30 mins of class against any team.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #33: Oct 26, 2006 10:25:43 pm
      Quote from: "Crazy Horse"

Agree with you totally there CH, Fowler was a joy to watch last night, wish he was like that all the time.  He's not past it, just not as young as he was but he's got the skill, the experience and the brilliant vision that enables him to pop up just at the right minute and score some brilliant goals.  As you say, he's a valuable asset on the bench  :D
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #34: Oct 27, 2006 06:45:45 am
      come on lads Robbie is the same age as me and I am not finished yet ;D  ;D

He might not be as lethal as he used to be but if you create chances for him he will do the job no doubt.The games he has played in he hardly got a sniff not because of his performances but through lack of chances.

As soon as the likes of Pennant,GonzaleS,Riise etc start to put better balls in the box we will see the best of God.It's OK saying we have put plenty of crosses in the box but look at the per centage of goals scored from them and you can see that the delivery isn't very good.

Robbie will never be as good as he once was but he will still score given the chance ;)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #35: Oct 27, 2006 01:44:09 pm
      No, we will never have the old Robbie back.
      But he's looking sharp and fit.
      It's all that matters...

Over the recent months, I've heard from alot of people that I know 'different fans' for example the manc's and even the blue sh*te.
      Even Tranmere Rovers fans  :shock:
      that Robbie is finished, he's sh*te, he's this this and that.
      Quite frankly I think he may of silenced alot of people with that performance he put on against Reading.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #36: Oct 27, 2006 06:03:08 pm
      Think he's getting a chance tomorrow, i hope so    :D
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #37: Nov 17, 2006 04:31:15 pm
      Surely Rob the God can get a place in the squad?Hes one of the best finishers in the country,let alone the club,fair enough hes lost a yard of pace,but his brain is quick as any.
      Messiah
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #38: Nov 21, 2006 11:01:01 pm
       :( Yes, I fully agree with you.  It's such a shame to waste such a talent. He should be playing as much as possible while we've got him and he's able to play and whats more >:( he should be in the England squad too!!!!!  I just don't understand taking Walcott and leaving Robbie behind.   :'( :'(
      hmsfable
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #39: Nov 24, 2006 10:03:31 am
      He'll play around 20 games this season i think.

Hopefully he'll get to lift the Carling cup.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #40: Nov 24, 2006 05:37:30 pm
      I hope so,hopefully he will play in istanbul as well,now the groups safe,
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #41: Nov 24, 2006 07:08:17 pm
      i think fowler will play in istanbul.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #42: Dec 26, 2006 11:59:37 pm
      Just thought I would ask of your views on Robbie to this present day...
      He's been really unlucky not to be picked most of the time. I feel sorry for him, we should give him a few more starts.
      What do you lot think?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #43: Dec 27, 2006 10:58:41 am
      Agree with you there Court, the last time I watched Fowler was at the Carling Cup match against Reading when he played a blinder, give him a chance and i'm sure he'll be putting them past the best.  He is a natural finisher and would have beaten Brad Friedel no problem yesterday.     ;) ;D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #44: Dec 27, 2006 12:15:22 pm
      bring him back into the side, to be honest - he is the only natural striker we've got.
      Fowler = goals and goals win matches
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #45: Dec 27, 2006 04:09:39 pm
      Again - agree.

We are creating tons of chances each game now, something we weren't doing maybe early on.  Fowler is arguably the most lethal striker at the club.  He may not have the pace of Bellamy and Kuyt, or the height and threat of Crouch.  But he can put the ball away.

I think he should be given a decent crack of the whip.  If Bellamy, Kuyt and Crouch can't fashion a goal in 90 minutes between them, then for god's sake Benitez give Fowler a chance.  He scored twice away at Galatasaray and then you just binned him off ??? Confusing tactics.

Quick Reply