Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

England - what's the point?

Read 2775 times
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 409 posts |
      Aug 16, 2006 07:14:32 am
      With the season just a couple of days away we find ourselves with an england game.

If ever a manager wanted all his players together it would be for the start of the season and its obviously not just liverpool but every club who are going to suffer they only came back from the world cup 5/6 weeks ago and now they have to play in a stupid friendly.

The players will get back to their clubs on thursday and not train but rest which leaves just 1 training session on the friday to get ready for their 1st game of the season i just fail to see the point in doing this does anyone else agree with this is or is it just me .
      Thepoolguy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #1: Aug 16, 2006 07:31:29 am
      Agree totally, why international friendly's are being played day's before the EPL kicks off defie's logic. Look at what happened Dean Ashton, how do they expect WHU and Pardew to react to that. Where the FA are concerned i think the inmate's have taken over the asylum mate. :shock:
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #2: Aug 16, 2006 10:55:26 am
      Agree if the FA now fronted by the dubious Steve McLaren wanted to piss both clubs and supporters off then they are going the right way about it. Couldn't care less about England 3 days b4 EPL kick off !
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 16, 2006 12:20:45 pm
      Silly England games.

A big waste of space.
      BIG10
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 16, 2006 12:57:27 pm
      But you all expact England to go the EURO2008? How should that work without a test match. The first game for England for the road to Austria is on 2nd September, so not long to go. As a coach you need to now where your team stands and Steve just started his job. Give him same credit so he can bring same silverware back to England.

To you Irish, welsh and scotish fans - you always can support as again when we go to the Euro2008 and you stay at home - as usally
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #5: Aug 16, 2006 01:44:43 pm
      Sorry just not interested.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Aug 16, 2006 03:27:14 pm
      Aye, I say these Friendlies have no meaning to them whatsoever. So.. Why bother? We have a cruical Opener against Sheffield Utd on Saturday and we need our key players fully fit. Or near enough. Perfect example of Dean Ashton breaking his Ankle in training yesterday for ENGLAND. Not that I'm worried because he is not a Liverpool player. Just what if it happened to Stevie G? Or even Jamie Carragher? Two key players there.
      Also, who agree's on Beckham being left out of the sqaud? I don't.  :?
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #7: Aug 16, 2006 03:52:34 pm
      i can see a point as it A. gives international players more match fitness for their leagues and B.Shows the international manager our better players.... yet again i dont want the ashton thing to happen to stevie g and touch wood it wont
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Aug 16, 2006 04:09:16 pm
      Yeah. *Touch Wood*
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #9: Aug 16, 2006 07:48:30 pm
      Steve Mclaren should have stuck to motor racing.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #10: Aug 16, 2006 10:00:55 pm
      Not interested in England games i'm afraid, give me my club any day, what really pisses me off is this friendly being played 2 days before the start of our season.  They are only just recovering from the World Cup, Pre-season friendlies and in some cases - like us - CL games as well, i want our lads fit, not knackered even before we start our campaign for this seasons title.       :D
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 409 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 16, 2006 10:23:16 pm
      i noticed crouch limping off the field tonite hope it isnt too serious although fowler came back from injury tonite against lincoln and had a blinding game didnt score but played well.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #12: Aug 16, 2006 11:27:09 pm
      Why did Gerrard play for 78 minutes??

Mind you - the way our squad is at the moment - he might be lucky to get a game on Saturday?

Anyone know what's happened with his woman?  She getting done or what?

Heard it was caused by some girls chanting about John Terry being England captain?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Aug 16, 2006 11:55:29 pm
      No word on Gerrard's missus at this time. However one injury hit into our Squad from Friendlies. Sami Hyypia (Dead Leg) played 84 minutes before getting replaced.
      Not major, but thats friendlies for you.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #14: Aug 17, 2006 10:48:37 am
      lets look on the bright side,  crouch scoring twice, his confidence must be  flying at moment compared to last season. still think friendly was waste of time though
      Swansea Red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #15: Aug 17, 2006 04:02:29 pm
      Can't say i care. I bleed red, Wales and Liverpool. Mark my words, Bellamy will be an Anfield legend.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #16: Aug 17, 2006 05:52:28 pm
      that friendly probs just raised crouch's and gerrard's match fitness... so wen u see lpool wlakin all ova da blades ur be thankin friendlies
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 409 posts |
      Reply #17: Aug 17, 2006 07:34:08 pm
      yes maybe it did raise their fitness levels but their were internationals for everyone so rafa probably had about 6/7 players to work with all week to prepare for the sheff utd game thats not the right way for any club let alone ours to get ready for the 1st game of the season
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #18: Aug 17, 2006 08:37:23 pm
      well also lpool had a friendly against lincoln so most of the lpool team had a friendly and meet up today again probs
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 409 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 17, 2006 10:30:27 pm
      the main players in the lincoln game were fowler gonzales aurelio and kronkamp with mellor and warnock on the bench how many of those will be in the line up on saturday probably 2 the rest were away on international so how can he possibly prepare for saturdays game with just 2 or 3 if you include aurelio of his possible starting 11 and in 1 training session

Quick Reply