Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Lack of passion, or just not good enough?

Read 1854 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Lack of passion, or just not good enough?
      Mar 24, 2008 05:47:55 pm
      This season has made me thought about certain players. I could start off with our goal keeper.

Reina - Has a lot of passion, is a good keeper but has his crazy moments too often.
      Aurelio - I think he has the passion, but he's just not good enough.
      Carragher - Who could have more passion than this man? He'd burst his lungs for Liverpool but age is starting to turn against him now.
      Skrtel/Agger - Two quality young defenders, however not really good enough... yet! Will be though and think they have passion.
      Arbeloa/Finnan - They definitley have the passion, however I seriously don't think they are good enough for us. Good but good enough?
      Mascherano - Has a lot of passion and is good enough for any team, end off.
      Alonso - Don't think he has all the passion some say, also is not good enough to play for us.
      Gerrard - Brilliant player, best in the world even and has all the passion. Doesn't express it with his mouth but with his football instead!
      Babel - Brilliant player, has all the atributes to be world class but is lazy.. enough said! Lacks passion -  it's obvious!
      Kuyt - Has so much passion for the club, just isn't anywhere near the standard we are looking for.
      Torres - Already expressed his passion and is good enough to play for any club in the world.

I'm most dissapointed in Babel. He is very lazy at times and looks unintrested if things don't go his way. Needs to work a lot harder. Reason I'm dissapointed is because he has the attributes to be our best player even, so now is his chance and he shouldn't waste it.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Lack of passion, or just not good enough?
      Reply #1: Mar 24, 2008 06:15:01 pm
      So according to you, we have got 3 decent players  ???  Don't talk such crap !!  :f_tongueincheek:
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #2: Mar 24, 2008 06:33:31 pm
      Very harsh - but in truth these are the only player good enough for the reds starting XI:

Reina
      Arbeloa
      Carra
      Agger
      Masch
      Gerrard
      Babel ?
      Torres

8 players...with a question mark for Babel.

We need 3 to 4 world class players in the summer to be in with a chance next term.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #3: Mar 24, 2008 06:46:49 pm
      Very harsh - but in truth these are the only player good enough for the reds starting XI:

Reina
      Arbeloa
      Carra
      Agger
      Masch
      Gerrard
      Babel ?
      Torres

8 players...with a question mark for Babel.

We need 3 to 4 world class players in the summer to be in with a chance next term.

Well, well the Rafa basher extrodinaire has come up with a list of players that deserve to be in the team... I notice that apart from youth graduates Carra and Stevie... all the rest are Rafa signings... liberty indeed.

Yes we do need 3 or 4 world-class players... but that is more in the hands of Mr Hicks and our debt ...than in the hands of Rafa.

Won't bother saying another word.

solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #4: Mar 24, 2008 06:53:36 pm
      Ra Ra, We lost to Man U in a very controversial game. It doesn't mean the players lack the passion or the quality to play for LFC. The team was clearly affected by the first yellow card given to Manscherano which was followed by countless calls against them. Let's not run them down. They have played well until Man U & Ref.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #5: Mar 24, 2008 06:58:16 pm
      For me the leaders let us down yesterday - Carra and Stevie G... they went missing when most in the team needed role models to look up to ...who have played in that atmosphere before ... and needed to show up and be counted.

I'm sure they will all learn from yesterday - as Carra and Stevie G are made of very good stuff and will be badly hurting today.

IRWT
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #6: Mar 24, 2008 07:02:13 pm
      Well, well the Rafa basher extrodinaire has come up with a list of players that deserve to be in the team... I notice that apart from youth graduates Carra and Stevie... all the rest are Rafa signings... liberty indeed.

Yes we do need 3 or 4 world-class players... but that is more in the hands of Mr Hicks and our debt ...than in the hands of Rafa.

Won't bother saying another word.

Thanks! It would be nice if this thread didnt turn into a Rafa-lovers vs. Rafa-haters/we all hate the owners-discussion like so many other have.

Ra ra rafa, I think your judgement is very harsh, and the question of passion is not just down to the passion of each player, but a question of team-confidence and team-passion. In other words, I think its to simple to assume that we will get more passion in our performances if we sell some "nonpassionate" players and buy some "passionate" ones. Its a team-sport.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Mar 24, 2008 08:49:05 pm
      The team is good enough and they showed that against Inter twice, however there is need for a few great signings such as Davivd bBentley and David Villa ;D but when it came down to the game yesterday they just simply were not good enough in eery area of the pitch. Passing was sloppy, losing the aireal battles, weak in the tackles, gave away needless free kicks and never looked like a team that wanted to win
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Mar 24, 2008 08:52:03 pm
      Thought a negative topic would pop up as soon as we lose.

Oh well...
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #9: Mar 24, 2008 08:53:37 pm
      The man u game reminded me so much of a game earlier this season that alot of you may have put to the back of your minds.

Liverpool chelsea Carling Cup, both teams equal, a few chances to score for both teams, passion is in the air as both teams want to win the match alot. bragging rights are at stake in the game as the teams are big rivals.

One player does something out of character and its all up in the air the ref doesnt like what he has seen dismisses the player, the opposition take advantage of the 1 extra man and score. Only difference is tha mancs are better than chelsea so they got one more and chelsea were playing against an easier side. With 11 vs 11 things were very even, 1 man advantage and one side suddenly looks better.

If anyone on here wants to slate our players then look at what you have said about them in the past and DO NOT i repeat DO NOT forget the fact that when they have, in the past, done something you have liked you have been on here infront of everyone sung their praises. this is aimed at no people in particular its for everyone who thinks they should come on here and bash our players after any games they may not have done as well as expected in.

If you feel the need to bash our players after yesterdays game i dont want to see you on here praising them same players and changing from them being a bad player who basically shouldnt be here to them suddenly being excellent and wanting them to stay that isnt right atall and it certainly isnt the way liverpool fans should think. Of all the clubs i can think of no one sticks together through thick and thin like liverpool fans and we should not be turning on our players because we lost one game. These are the times when the players need us most, when they need us to get behind them and urge them to bounce back and show that this was a minor blip.   

If you think our players arent passionate look back to the games when we were together as a team and i mean really together you dont even have to look back that far and you will see that we have passionate players. If our players werent passionate they wouldnt even want to play for us but they are out there almost every day busting their guts just to get into the team and play for us. We should be looking upto them and helping them pick themselves up after this defeat not slating them. Yes we need some improvement in our side but most teams do and we will get that so relax.

We are liverpool fans, THE BEST IN THE WORLD, lets show everyone that and that we wont back down because we lost one game. We will fight back from this, there is still alot to play for. If everyone in the crowd started thinking the players arent showing passion why should i how do you think that would affect the players, not in a good way atall lets get behind them anda finish the season in style, we still have things to play for.

YNWA
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #10: Mar 24, 2008 09:02:44 pm
      Could somebody please shoot this twit honestly what planet is he on.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #11: Mar 24, 2008 09:23:45 pm
      Out of interest, why after every game do we need to have a new topic posted with a list of the team and who is and isn't good enough.

Can you not just *bump* the topic from the last time we lost.  Save us all a lot of time.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #12: Mar 25, 2008 02:34:34 pm
      Out of interest, why after every game do we need to have a new topic posted with a list of the team and who is and isn't good enough.

Can you not just *bump* the topic from the last time we lost.  Save us all a lot of time.

It would also help to show who's consistent in their assessments & who bases them on one performance.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Mar 25, 2008 02:42:04 pm
      It would also help to show who's consistent in their assessments & who bases them on one performance.

It's always the same people/person as well.

Quick Reply