Read 6715 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Dragons Den
      Mar 25, 2008 12:45:38 am
      Anyone watch it? I reckon it's good. Some of the ideas people come up with for investment are nothing short of mental. In one episode, someone had the idea of making a chair into a mini gym?  ??? Now if you're that lazy that you can't be arsed getting up of your arse to go the gym, then you're not gonna use that chair to it's full capacity are you? Or would you?

So if you were going into the Dragons Den, what idea would you have for investment? Any entrepreneurs on the forum?

For those of you not familiar with Dragons Den, then here's the format of the show.

The contestants are people who have what they consider to be a viable and potentially very profitable business idea, but who lack funding.

They have around two hours in which to present their business ideas, although only a short section of this is shown on air[citation needed] (usually five minutes, followed by questions and negotiations) in which to pitch their idea to five rich entrepreneurial businesspeople, the "dragons" of the show's title. They have, before the show, named an amount of money that they wish to get, and the rules stipulate that if they do not raise at least this amount from the dragons, they get nothing. In return, the contestant give the dragons a percentage of the company's stock, which is the chief point of negotiation.

Once the contestant has made their presentation, the dragons then probe the idea further, often revealing an embarrassing lack of preparation on the part of the contestants or uncovering troubling facts, and consequently rejecting the investment. It is common in a show to see five or six ideas and only one (or possibly none) that attracts the dragons' money.

Or watch it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dragonsden/

ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Re: Dragons Den
      Reply #1: Mar 25, 2008 02:06:53 am
      i've had this idea for ages, one day it will make me a millionaire!

ok its a regular glove but in between the fabric is a latex glove, ya know like surgeons use? and that keeps the glove really warm and waterproof. ive tested it! cause you know sometimes when its wet out or snowing out and you put your hand in water or pick up snowballs and the glove gets absolutely freezing, well this stops the water getting inside and traps the heat. i know theres already waterproof gloves out there but they're really thick, these ones are really nimble and would cost pennies to make!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      Reply #2: Mar 25, 2008 07:38:15 am
      Any chance of getting some device for a bath that automatically removes all the hair so you don't have to hang around and rinse it clean afterwards?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Mar 25, 2008 05:30:14 pm
      Any chance of getting some device for a bath that automatically removes all the hair so you don't have to hang around and rinse it clean afterwards?

Thought you had one of those JD - your wife  ;) :D
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #4: Mar 07, 2009 11:38:09 pm
      Did anyone watch the Comic Relief special?
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Mar 08, 2009 01:08:35 am
      Anyone noticed that you never see the products in the shops, or am i not lookin properly?
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #6: Mar 08, 2009 01:48:52 am
      Anyone noticed that you never see the products in the shops, or am I not lookin properly?
      I've seen Reggae Reggae Sauce by Levi Roots at my local Costcutters store as well as Sainsbury but i haven't seen anything else that i remember from the show.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #7: Mar 08, 2009 11:52:35 pm
      We had this show in Canada. I don't know if it is still on but from the most part people only watch it to see people make a fool of themselves and their ridiculous idea and the investor sh*t on them because they are morons. I don't know if the show is still running in Canada, I don't think the ratings were the best.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #8: Mar 08, 2009 11:55:08 pm
      Reggae Reggae sauce had a deal with Subway a while back didn't they?
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #9: Mar 09, 2009 08:28:37 pm
      Reggae Reggae sauce had a deal with Subway a while back didn't they?
      Yes!
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #10: Mar 10, 2009 02:07:04 pm
      Sainsbury had the original & exclusive right to Reggae Reggae sauce and yes it is now being used by Subway.Tried a bottle and was very impressed with the taste.Only problem is that once its opened your advised to use it within 5 days (unlike other brown sauces )A Reggae tip for the summer.Marinate meat / chicken / kebabs etc in it the day before your barby you won't be disappointed.  :cool-smiley-027: :drink: :afro:
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #11: Mar 29, 2009 09:26:16 am
      Levi Roots as he is known is still an accomplished poet and reggae artist and is still performing and the sauce is global what a guy.
      Landells
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #12: Mar 30, 2009 10:22:29 pm
      I Recently bought that Reggie Reggie sauce, Woah!!! hot stuff!!! :o
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #13: Mar 30, 2009 10:35:40 pm
      I Recently bought that Reggie Reggie sauce, Woah!!! hot stuff!!! :o
      How much did it cost and where did you get it?
      Landells
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #14: Mar 30, 2009 11:43:52 pm
      How much did it cost and where did you get it?

Cost me £2-odd from co-op (scotland)
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #15: Mar 30, 2009 11:49:25 pm
      Cost me £2-odd from co-op (scotland)
      I'll stick to Sainsbury's in Maidenhead! ;)
      Landells
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #16: Mar 30, 2009 11:52:05 pm
      I'll stick to Sainsbury's in Maidenhead! ;)

Expensive here in scotland :(
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #17: Mar 30, 2009 11:55:53 pm
      I don't know how much it costs here, actually next time i'm in Sainsbury's i'll have a look.
      Landells
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #18: Mar 31, 2009 01:53:51 am
      I don't know how much it costs here, actually next time I'm in Sainsbury's I'll have a look.

Pretty nippy stuff :P
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      Reply #19: Mar 31, 2009 08:47:27 am
      Wholesale £1 a bottle on pk of 24.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #20: Mar 31, 2009 03:07:47 pm
      I have this idea about a frying pan with it's own power source so you can use it anywhere.
      Power would be provided from a battery pack that you charge up. It would be great for stuff like camping.

If i see anyone pitching that idea to the dragons with a scouse accent i'll be more than a little suspicious  :f_steam:
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      Reply #21: Mar 31, 2009 03:59:48 pm
      I have this idea about a frying pan with it's own power source so you can use it anywhere.
      Power would be provided from a battery pack that you charge up. It would be great for stuff like camping.

If I see anyone pitching that idea to the dragons with a scouse accent I'll be more than a little suspicious  :f_steam:

No need for it in the Sahara and in the Arctic "So with that in mind I'm out"  :D :lmao:
      Landells
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #22: Mar 31, 2009 05:14:40 pm
      Im eating it just now

MOUTHS ON FIIIIREEEE  :f_wah:

:)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #23: Mar 31, 2009 05:42:15 pm

If i see anyone pitching that idea to the dragons with a scouse accent i'll be more than a little suspicious  :f_steam:
      Don't know if having batteries that close to that much heat would work other than that it's a pretty good idea.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #24: Mar 31, 2009 05:42:50 pm
      No need for it in the Sahara and in the Arctic "So with that in mind I'm out"  :D :lmao:

:lmao:

That's one dragon down :( Anyone else?
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #25: Mar 31, 2009 05:43:18 pm
      Don't know if having batteries that close to that much heat would work other than that it's a pretty good idea.

It's not foolproof just yet  :-\
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #26: Mar 31, 2009 07:25:59 pm

If I see anyone pitching that idea to the dragons with a scouse accent I'll be more than a little suspicious  :f_steam:
      I think i'll get away with it!

Quick Reply