Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. First yellow card of the Derby?

Within 2 minutes.
      (6.7%)
      Within 10 minutes.
      (48.3%)
      First half hour
      (26.7%)
      First half
      (8.3%)
      Second half
      (1.7%)
      No cards. A true gentleman's occasion.
      (8.3%)

Liverpool v Everton - Pre Match Thread

Read 8051 times
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Re: Liverpool v Everton - Pre Match Thread
      Reply #23: Mar 27, 2008 02:19:20 pm
      A fitting reaction to the distress of Sunday past will be to hammer those bitters into 5th place...but like everyone else, I'll take a win any which way. We are getting to the business end of our season with a charming bunch of matches hereafter, so we need to dispense with them without too much trouble, suspensions or injuries...that last one is a bit of a crap shoot, you never know what happens.

3 points...

IRWT
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #24: Mar 27, 2008 02:21:14 pm
      Perfect game to follow last weekends sh*te, should be no need to motivate for this one. I've done my card vote, now I'm wondering which of Jagielka or Lescot will be red carded for repeatedly fouling Torres after he scores his second goal and L'pool's fourth to seal the points, (other scorers Babel & Stevie G ).

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Mar 27, 2008 02:21:36 pm
      As I said against West Ham 'I have a bad feeling Torres wont get his 3rd, but I hope I'm wrong' torres then got his 3rd staright after I clicked post so I'm going to say
      'I have a bad feeling Carragher wont score'  ;)
      « Last Edit: Mar 27, 2008 05:09:28 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #26: Mar 27, 2008 03:35:58 pm
      We need to get Manure out of our system ASAP - no better game to get this done.

Bring on those bluenoses..... time for a RED BACKLASH.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #27: Mar 27, 2008 04:51:47 pm
      I can see us racking up a big scoreline against this sh*te, I reckon after the Utd shambles we are going to see a much improved performance, going to go for 4-0, might be optimistic, but lets show everyone that they can't compete with us, not bothered about scorers, or line-up, can't guess Rafa's line ups anyway. Just beat the sh*te.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #28: Mar 27, 2008 05:03:46 pm
      100% committment, 11 mighty reds and 3 points, thats what i want on sunday. i think rafa will stick with the 4-2-3-1, we're a stronger team than one who has to change formation because one player is missing. think benayoun ahead of kuyt, although his doggedness will be useful for the derby i think benayoun will give us more of a grounding in midfield. for some reason i see riise coming in at LB, aurelio has been playing well but i think this game will suite riise better. see all this hype turning out to be bit of an anti-climax, for everton that is! crush all their hopes of actual;ly getting something with a 3-0 domolition!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #29: Mar 27, 2008 08:14:54 pm
      Like everyone else i dont care how we do it as long as we do ,the time for pretty sh*t and losing is over ,to coin a phrase( any which way you can)  lets grind it out till the end of the season get rid of all the sh*t thats going on ,then perhaps we can have a proper tilt at things with clear heads. YNWA.
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #30: Mar 27, 2008 09:36:12 pm
      3-0 win for me! With Torres getting two goals and Gerrard with the third!!!! A win will decide the final spot for the Champions League, so we going to have to win!!! Come on Liverpool!!!!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #31: Mar 27, 2008 09:40:36 pm
      The nearest I'll get is 200miles away watching the tv.

{ With you all in spirit }   come on youuuuuu reeeeeeeeeeeedds
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #32: Mar 27, 2008 09:41:54 pm
      I imagine the first 'real' training session for most of our internatlonal players will be tomorrow.

With the season approaching its end, I think these international mid-week games bear down more heavily on the players than early on in the season.

I hope we don't pay the price of having a star-studded side.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #33: Mar 27, 2008 09:54:21 pm
      2 -1 to us i reckon, Gerrard to score, ain't decided yet on who the other is, stuck between Babel or Kuyt.
      Evertons goal will be a jammy own goal from Skrtel.
      redbill
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts | -4 
      Reply #34: Mar 27, 2008 10:53:34 pm
      if parry does a good "job" we will win sunday :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Mar 27, 2008 10:55:32 pm by redkenny, Reason: sick image removed »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #35: Mar 27, 2008 11:09:52 pm
      I predict a red card or two in this game. Also predict a Stevie G thunderbolt and a couple of injurys, hopefully no injurys but somehow I can see it happening...

Can see Skrtel owning Cahill all game, and the Everton defenders will look to kick Torres as they are far too slow to keep up with him.. however Torres will score!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #36: Mar 27, 2008 11:26:19 pm
      I predict a red card or two in this game. Also predict a Stevie G thunderbolt and a couple of injurys, hopefully no injurys but somehow I can see it happening...

Can see Skrtel owning Cahill all game, and the Everton defenders will look to kick Torres as they are far too slow to keep up with him.. however Torres will score!

I'll bet you skrtel doesnt mark cahill out the game.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #37: Mar 28, 2008 12:06:17 am
      I'll bet you skrtel doesnt mark cahill out the game.

Why? Cahill not playing then?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #38: Mar 28, 2008 12:08:42 am

Injured mate!

He's always been a thorn in our side any way.  Can head the ball like no friggin' tomorrow.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #39: Mar 28, 2008 12:13:19 am
      Is he definitely injured or is that what we're led to believe?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #40: Mar 28, 2008 12:15:47 am
      Is he definitely injured or is that what we're led to believe?

Words from me Dad Ken mate.  ;)

Good enough for me.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #41: Mar 28, 2008 12:16:42 am
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #42: Mar 28, 2008 12:35:32 am
      Your dad's word is good enough for me mate. I'll be glad to not see that Cahill playing because he would be a major threat at set pieces - something that we're not too good at lately.
      unsung.hero
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #43: Mar 28, 2008 12:36:51 am
      -----------------Reina
      --Arbeloa---Carragher--Skrtel---Aurelio
      --Pennant--Alonso---Gerrard---Babel
      ---------------Torres--Crouch

I wish this would be the line up were we get to see crouch more.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44: Mar 28, 2008 12:41:50 am
      Yeah I agree Lucas and Gerrard would probably be the better pairing. The biggest part of his game is stopping attacks and not letting anyone through but with Guthrie forced to sit it out and Nolan suspended, there might not be much to actually deal with. So Lucas would probably give us more going forward than Masch. Aurelio and Arbeloa should play aswell. I think they have been by far our two best full-backs so far this year so if Aurelio is fit they should play, if not Riise and Arbeloa.

I think we can win this one pretty comfortably as everton will be tough and rough but our football will out-class them if we are on song

I'm pretty sure last time I looked these guys played for Bolton :lmao:

Anyway I'm predicting 3-1 to us with a brace from Fernando and a Benayuon tap-in. Go you REDS....let's kick this sh*te back to where they belong.
      « Last Edit: Mar 28, 2008 12:44:38 am by AussieRed »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #45: Mar 28, 2008 01:49:05 am
      Sounds like a plan to me that, Aussie mate! Although Torres getting a hat trick would be sweet wouldn't it.

Fernando Torres fit to face Everton after injury scare

Fernando Torres will be fit to lead the Liverpool attack in the Merseyside derby at Anfield on Sunday, having survived another brush with Marco Materazzi, the former Everton defender.

Five weeks after being sent off for two fouls on Torres while playing for Inter Milan at Anfield in the Champions League, Materazzi was guilty of an ugly challenge on the Liverpool forward during Italy’s 1-0 friendly defeat by Spain in Elche on Wednesday. Torres required treatment on his right ankle, which had been bruised before the game, but, despite leaving the pitch soon after half-time, the 24-year-old, who has been in rich form of late, has been declared fit to play against Everton.

This weekend’s fixture is one of the most eagerly awaited Merseyside derby matches in recent times, with the clubs involved in what appears to be a two-way battle for the fourth English place in next season’s Champions League. Everton, having led for much of the season, are two points behind their rivals and have an inferior goal difference, but Álvaro Arbeloa, the Liverpool defender, has said that whoever wins on Sunday will be “strong favourites” to finish fourth.

Everton have lost a little momentum in recent weeks and "The Chosen One", the manager, was given more bad news yesterday when it was confirmed that Tim Cahill is likely to miss the remainder of the season. The Australia midfield player, who has scored ten goals in 28 appearances for Everton this season, suffered a recurrence of his troublesome metatarsal injury during the 1-1 draw with West Ham United last Saturday.

Full article from The Times

Quick Reply