Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Benitez and Barcelona

Read 8268 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Benitez and Barcelona
      Mar 26, 2008 10:43:18 pm
      Barcelona planning summer Rafa raid

The Spanish media has re-ignited the talk of Rafa Benitez leaving Liverpool for Spain this summer after suggestions in a host of Spanish papers that Joan Laporta prefers Benitez to Mourinho to take the helm of the Catalan club.

Both El Mundo and Marca were amongst newspapers carrying today’s story.

The Barca chairman is widely tipped to wield the axe on current boss Frank Rijkaard after a disappointing season for Barcelona and with the news that Benitez is now ‘top of the list’ this will only lead to another anxious summer for Liverpool fans.

Benitez has had some major issues this season with the new Chairmen.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2008/barcelona-want-benitez/

Surprised nobody has picked up on this in the forum.  Reported by Marca and El Mundo, sure some of those on here living in Spain may know of other media sources reporting the story.

Not too sure if Laporta is 'up for election' at Barcelona soon but I think this has something to do with them believing Mourinho may move to Madrid and not wanting to put all their eggs in one basket.

I know Rafa is a Madrid man, but after all the strife he has had this year at the club, could he resist if Barcelona came knocking on his door?
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Benitez and Barcelona
      Reply #1: Mar 26, 2008 10:45:05 pm
      I feel sick.

I can't bare any more stressful speculation.  It's not healthy.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Mar 26, 2008 10:46:16 pm
      I think Benitez is obviously more suited to the La Liga, however think these rumors are flase and Rafa will finally reveal that!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #3: Mar 26, 2008 10:47:00 pm
      No way. Non-starter. Rafa simply does not want to leave Liverpool FC. End of.

The press can say what they like, but they only way Rafa is leaving Liverpool any time soon is IF he gets sacked... then that's another ball game all together.

IRWT

If you want to know what is going on with Rafa/LFC-Spanish-Contigent, keep tabs on what Guillem Balague says on La Liga show... e.g. Xabi leaving LFC in the summer... with Atletico, Barca and Real fighting for his signature... particularly if he has a great Euro2008.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Mar 26, 2008 10:47:18 pm
      Why do I feel like we are always the victim?  And that we have to F***ing dismiss this stuff all the time on Rafa.

The nerve of some reporters.  I've had enough.  I'm not listening to this sh*te any more.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #5: Mar 26, 2008 10:48:04 pm
      I think Benitez is obviously more suited to the La Liga, however think these rumors are flase and Rafa will finally reveal that!

From what I have made from the Spanish press, is that they don't usually come out with much in the way of bullshit stories, especially when this is reported in a number of papers as is the case here.

LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #6: Mar 26, 2008 10:50:04 pm
      Its always us if Stevie Gs not going to chelsea rafas going to spain f~*king media do my head in
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: Mar 26, 2008 10:51:35 pm
      Another interesting point to make, it's all gone quiet on the Avram Grant abuse hasn't it?

They'll be saying Fergie is too old next.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #8: Mar 26, 2008 10:53:15 pm
      From what I have made from the Spanish press, is that they don't usually come out with much in the way of bullshit stories, especially when this is reported in a number of papers as is the case here.

JD the spanish sporting press has as much if not more bullshit than English papers matey...

There are 3 national sports daily news papers - each with about 40 - 50 pages to fill day in, day out.

You would be amazed what they fabricate.

Today they are saying that England is fully behind Spain for the Euro2008 campaign saying there is a tv advertising campaign on Sky promoting GB fans to support Spain... this is just bad reporting on a humourous campaign on La Liga show on Sky Sports... just a barometer of the bulllshite that is produced.

David Villa for example is going to move to Man Utd, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Atletico de Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea and AC Milan... oh and Liverpool ... depending what you read out here...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #9: Mar 26, 2008 10:55:02 pm
      Its always us if Stevie Gs not going to chelsea rafas going to spain f~*king media do my head in

Yep.  In our papers it is.

Like I said before... it's relatively unusual for the Spanish press to collectively push a story.

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20080326/noticia_53449462610.html

Probably only winning the European Cup will save Frank Rijkaard, but we want to win it.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #10: Mar 26, 2008 11:02:51 pm
      Still don't know what to make of this.

Wait for Rafa to come out on Friday in the Derby press conference and pledge his future to us yet again?

Words aren't worth anything in the press though, are they?
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #11: Mar 26, 2008 11:05:51 pm
      Saw this very early on Wednesday morning. Thought it was one of those wind-up-LFC-stories. I do hope they look elsewhere for their new manager.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #12: Mar 26, 2008 11:06:23 pm
      XABI ISNT LEAVINGGGGGGGGGG.

and nor is rafa
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #13: Mar 26, 2008 11:07:50 pm
      XABI ISNT LEAVINGGGGGGGGGG.

and nor is rafa

Don't be too sure about Xabi... RAFA ON THE OTHER HAND YOU CAN PUT IN CAPS - RAFA ISN'T LEAVINGGGG
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #14: Mar 26, 2008 11:09:04 pm
      ;D i refuse to believe xabi is going anywhere i dnt give a damn what guillem says.

Im sure he has before and has again this time.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #15: Mar 26, 2008 11:14:34 pm
      DonRafa

Only time Villa, Eto'o and that are linked to Prem clubs is when the English media make it up, however Spanish media is also bullshit but they don't make up random stories about things like this, they just exagerate. English media like to make up the most false rumors you'll ever hear.

Who's on the, Gerrard to Everton rumor? It's bound to happen in a season or two...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #16: Mar 26, 2008 11:25:28 pm
      ;D I refuse to believe xabi is going anywhere I dnt give a damn what guillem says.

Im sure he has before and has again this time.

It's not Guillem you have to worry about mate... as rumours go... apparently it's Xabi's girlfriend that apparently is getting itchy feet to get back to Spain soon ... and she has just given birth too... so don't think Xabi is in total control of his destiny, because he aint... unless his missus has a change of heart ... or he chucks her ...and the baby... and I can't see Xabi doing that.

lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #17: Mar 26, 2008 11:29:37 pm
      Well i havent read that anywhere anddd Xabi said he wants his son to spend his first YEARS in england. I still dont think he will leave.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #18: Mar 26, 2008 11:30:03 pm
      Can't the baby just be a Spanish Scouser?

To be honest, about Xabi Alonso.. I really think he wouldn't be a massive loss for us if he did go but however until we can find someone similar but more attack minded then he should stay. Would love to see Matias Fernandez here, he's mint!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #19: Mar 26, 2008 11:32:14 pm
      Can't the baby just be a Spanish Scouser?

To be honest, about Xabi Alonso.. I really think he wouldn't be a massive loss for us if he did go but however until we can find someone similar but more attack minded then he should stay. Would love to see Matias Fernandez here, he's mint!

I thought that till i spoke to villareal fans who said theyd give me him for 50p if they could. Apparently he's struggling in la liga.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #20: Mar 26, 2008 11:32:54 pm
      You see it's not just about the players... the missus' play a big part...

Pepe and Rafa are REALLY REALLY happy about their kids being in the UK for the first years of their lives... both have gone public and on record saying so... and you know that their respective missus are behind them.

I don't think exactly the same applies to Xabi and his significant other... but hey... these were simply rumours I heard here in Madrid when she was pregnant... and she might have found her sanity again now that she has popped!

« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2008 11:36:07 pm by donrafael »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #21: Mar 26, 2008 11:34:59 pm
      I thought that till I spoke to villareal fans who said theyd give me him for 50p if they could. Apparently he's struggling in la liga.

Don't rate Matias Fernandez, would rather have Senna to be honest...
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #22: Mar 26, 2008 11:38:23 pm
      Even if the rumours are true and Barca want Rafa, what's to say he will want to go? He's a Madridista remember? The fact that he is so stubborn makes me feel that he'd want to stay on and win the league to prove his doubters wrong.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #23: Mar 26, 2008 11:43:24 pm
      You see it's not just about the players... the missus' play a big part...

Pepe and Rafa are REALLY REALLY happy about their kids being in the UK for the first years of their lives... both have gone public and on record saying so... and you know that their respective missus are behind them.

I don't think exactly the same applies to Xabi and his significant other... but hey... these were simply rumours I heard here in Madrid when she was pregnant... and she might have found her sanity again now that she has popped!

Go on the official site and see what he said about his childs birth. Maybe not his missus but Xabi has said that and besides im sure it wasnt an interview with her was it so it could easily be a rumour
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #24: Mar 26, 2008 11:48:15 pm
      I thought that till I spoke to villareal fans who said theyd give me him for 50p if they could. Apparently he's struggling in la liga.

Of late he hasn't done so well, however the quality is there and he needs a different challenge! Torres didn't shine at Atletico, however he is doing that right here at Liverpool.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #25: Mar 26, 2008 11:52:55 pm
      Torres shone at athletico, thats how he got recognised ;D he just didnt score 20 a season thats all. People have been saying fernandez cant cope with la liga and he just seemed good before he got there due to the low level of opposition. I think he is good but seems the type to drift out of a game alot if he is having a bad one.

Alot of villareal fans seem to dislike him. When i first saw him on a youtube clip he looked great but when i searched around properly he doesnt seem that great whereas menez seems a great option to me and what better hero for a player we sign to have than king kenny, Menez is a liverpool fan which is great and his hero is king kenny. I hope we get Menez great young player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #26: Mar 26, 2008 11:59:06 pm
      There is a Summer Transfer Thread for all this chat lads!!!

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #27: Mar 26, 2008 11:59:21 pm
      Enough of this 'Menez is a Liverpool fan'. So is Pennant, so was Bellamy and every other player that joins us.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #28: Mar 27, 2008 12:03:52 am
      Enough of this 'Menez is a Liverpool fan'. So is Pennant, so was Bellamy and every other player that joins us.

nothing wrong with being a liverpool fan. Its not a reason for him to join i just think its good to see he has a great player he aspires to be as good as.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #29: Mar 27, 2008 12:04:51 am
      I'm not really sure what to make of this story as I don't think Rafa wants to leave any time in the near future. I feel he loves the club and is enjoying his time at Liverpool. The only way I can see him going is if the owners don't back him in the transfer market or if the owners decide to get rid of him.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #30: Mar 27, 2008 12:14:07 am
      sh*t when i saw the title of this thread i shat myself. This surely can not be good I hope it is just bullshit Don I am hoping that you are so right about Rafa and oh so wrong about Xabi.
      Ra Ra mate wake up Xabi has not had a chance at getting any form or run together and i think he will be a key for us as we close the rest of the season off.

As for the Missus- "shut up bi*ch i put food on this table"
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: Mar 27, 2008 12:30:28 am
      Even if the rumours are true and Barca want Rafa, what's to say he will want to go? He's a Madridista remember? The fact that he is so stubborn makes me feel that he'd want to stay on and win the league to prove his doubters wrong.

Indeed.

So what if he's top of Barca's list. Wasn't he top of Real's list not so long ago?

The Spanish press may well be right but that doesn't mean just because he's a wanted manager elsewhere in Europe, he's gonna jump ship - especially after what's happened this season. I feel he's even more determined to succeed with us now.

All the hard graft Rafa has put in to make future success of Liverpool seems too important to me. The youth, reserve and first team levels are all too much in progression for him to 'want' to leave. You have to think of how well his family have settled into Liverpool life as well.

The only time I can honestly see him wanting to leave is after he's won the league. And to be honest, I wouldn't blame him for that. If you think of his time at Valencia and how he won the La Liga twice with them, then I can't see how he'd want to go back to Spain with the tag of failing to win the league here on his shoulders.

He wants to be a winner and he wants to win with Liverpool - I feel he would have been gone by now if any issues this season had made him think he can't do it. But, as always, the press will make speculation from what I see, a bad long gone chapter in our history.

The media can talk all they like, it's water off a ducks back to me. And Barca can tempt all they like. But I honestly feel Rafa would only leave if he's not wanted by Liverpool.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #32: Mar 27, 2008 06:37:13 am

Pennant and Bellamy aid that bullshit when they signed, Menez has stated it when he hasnt even been approached.

Menez is 15 million euro's according to Monaco.

On topic though, Rafa wont go to any team in Spain let alone Barca until he leaves on a positive note with us (winning PL). He is staying no questions asked.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #33: Mar 27, 2008 07:12:50 am
       I do not think for one minute  will RAFA  be leaving us for any club,could this be the media or even Barcelona playing mind games with the Champions Cup due to be played next week,It is a known fact that last club the other 7 clubs want to face is our MIGHTY REDS ( even Manure )  would sh*t themselves if they have to play us in Europe.I have said B4 on other RAFA threads ,I hope it does not take RAFA to leave B4 the knockers appreciate just how good he is for Liverpool Football Club.
      « Last Edit: Mar 27, 2008 07:15:17 am by Billy1, Reason: missed word. »
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #34: Mar 27, 2008 08:07:27 am
      I dont know what to believe anymore but only 2 people can put our minds to rest! Rafa and the fat texan!!!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #35: Mar 27, 2008 08:10:46 am
      I dont know what to believe anymore but only 2 people can put our minds to rest! Rafa and the fat texan!!!

Don't you mean obese gentleman of Texas origin!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #36: Mar 27, 2008 08:25:04 am
      just done abit more research on the net and its not just barca its Atletico/Real Madrid and Valencia who want him .If this is true all we can hope is that Rafa is indecisive and just decides to stay put .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Mar 27, 2008 08:29:38 am
      Valencia, dont think he will go back there the way he left. Atletico...why? Real, already stated he doesnt want to move there despite his ties with the club. Rafa is staying put.
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #38: Mar 27, 2008 08:35:43 am
      Don't you mean obese gentleman of Texas origin!

No mate, I was right the first time!! Actually thought I was being quite polite in just saying fat texan!!!!  ;D
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #39: Mar 27, 2008 09:16:43 am
      No mate, I was right the first time!! Actually thought I was being quite polite in just saying fat texan!!!!  ;D

;D hairy muff
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #40: Mar 27, 2008 10:02:05 am
      Tell you what fellow contributers we've had some sh*t to endure this season!
      We've had the whole on going DIC/Klinnsman thing
      and now theirs a couple of cu*ts trying to sneek in the kitchen window and nick the family silver!!
      Rafa has said time and time again he's stayin, but during all this present turmoil even his metal must be gettin tested!
      I just hope and pray that the rumours are incorrect!
      I'm on betablockers, calcium inhibitors and water tablets as it is each day, whats the Spanish footballing fraternity trying to do to me?
      f***in kill me with worry?
      Let me tell you they're goin the right way about it!
      I don't think I can stand anymore of this sh*t
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #41: Mar 27, 2008 10:22:07 am
      Didn't Rafa ask for a contract extension recently?

Give it to the man, Parry, Hicks... ffs

If he doesn't feel wanted or respected ...he WILL walk... and with him Liverpool's greatest chance for years and years of winning the title.

We all know Maureen is waiting on the wings for LFC (IF Barcelona doesn't come off - i.e. Rafa joining them - which I hugely doubt he would do)... but Maureen is so, so wrong for Liverpool Footclub Club and it's people... we don't need a prima donna on the bench, we need them on the playing field!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #42: Mar 27, 2008 10:27:07 am
      Rafa wanting to stay is not an issue

Its if his employers wanting him to stay that worries me. You never know with that fat backstabbing c**t Hicks in charge.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #43: Mar 27, 2008 10:31:25 am
      Tell you what fellow contributers we've had some sh*t to endure this season!
      We've had the whole on going DIC/Klinnsman thing
      and now theirs a couple of cu*ts trying to sneek in the kitchen window and nick the family silver!!
      Rafa has said time and time again he's stayin, but during all this present turmoil even his metal must be gettin tested!
      I just hope and pray that the rumours are incorrect!
      I'm on betablockers, calcium inhibitors and water tablets as it is each day, whats the Spanish footballing fraternity trying to do to me?
      f***in kill me with worry?
      Let me tell you they're goin the right way about it!
      I don't think I can stand anymore of this sh*t

Tried Valium yet... ?

If only we had worthy custodians of our club - all these problems/rumours/stealth-anti-Rafa-media-campaigns would dissapear.

neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #44: Mar 27, 2008 10:34:46 am
      Tried Valium yet... ?

If only we had worthy custodians of our club - all these problems/rumours/stealth-anti-Rafa-media-campaigns would dissapear.

No but I have tried liquid cosh/vast quantities of alcohol
      That's the price you have to pay for supporting this club!!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #45: Mar 27, 2008 10:36:36 am
      Here we go again, time for the chairman to sound out Klinsman again and undermine rafa again and rafa becomes petualant toward them again and..................... ........................ ...................

Spinning and spinning around and around when I stand up I fall to the ground.

History repeats itself again!!!!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #46: Mar 27, 2008 10:37:27 am
      No but I have tried liquid cosh/vast quantities of alcohol
      That's the price you have to pay for supporting this club!!

I just enjoy the ride... because there is no better feeling (good or bad) than supporting this wonderful institution of footy and it's wonderful fellow supporters (inc. Richobaz).

sh*t... I'm in such a good mood... just not me!!!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #47: Mar 27, 2008 10:38:17 am
      sh*t when I saw the title of this thread I shat myself. This surely can not be good I hope it is just bullshit Don I am hoping that you are so right about Rafa and oh so wrong about Xabi.
      Ra Ra mate wake up Xabi has not had a chance at getting any form or run together and I think he will be a key for us as we close the rest of the season off.

As for the Missus- "shut up bi*ch I put food on this table"
      Its refreshing to see that there are still some true men out there!

Sez me squeak squeak
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #48: Mar 27, 2008 10:39:24 am
      I just enjoy the ride... because there is no better feeling (good or bad) than supporting this wonderful institution of footy and it's wonderful fellow supporters (inc. Richobaz).

sh*t... I'm in such a good mood... just not me!!!
      Steady on steady on!
      (are you pissed)?
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #49: Mar 27, 2008 10:43:46 am
      This is just the press trying to cause unrest in the Reds camp before our big games against the Bitters and Arse. They do it every time and its getting a bit boring!
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #50: Mar 27, 2008 01:10:21 pm
      I'll taken this seriously when I hear from Mrs. Benitez that she wants to go.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #51: Mar 27, 2008 01:16:30 pm
      Rafa wanting to stay is not an issue

Its if his employers wanting him to stay that worries me. You never know with that fat backstabbing c**t Hicks in charge.
      These two Yank nomarks and their a*selicker must be the only people in footy that do'nt recognise Rafa's value to the club. Give him a contract extension & a transfer budget worthy of his ambitions and he aint going anywhere.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #52: Mar 27, 2008 01:17:45 pm
      I'll taken this seriously when I hear from Mrs. Benitez that she wants to go.

Exactly.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #53: Mar 27, 2008 01:18:21 pm
      We all know Maureen is waiting on the wings for LFC (IF Barcelona doesn't come off - i.e. Rafa joining them - which I hugely doubt he would do)... but Maureen is so, so wrong for Liverpool Footclub Club and it's people... we don't need a prima donna on the bench, we need them on the playing field!

I would prefer Rijkaard over Maureen if Rafa walked.

Think about the style of play he would import in to us.  Pass and move.  Maureen would just use the kick up to Torres or Crouch - like he did at Chelsea.

But I'm not speculating things.  I'd rather Rafa stay over anything else.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #54: Mar 27, 2008 01:21:57 pm
      Rafa's going nowhere
      Rafa's going nowhere
      la la la la

End of
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #55: Mar 27, 2008 01:23:33 pm
      I don't want any aspect of Chavski coming to our club... directly or indirectly, especially Maureen.

A club who's fans idolised the Special One, only for him now to want to "kill" them when he next meets them.

A club who's fans shout "You don't know what you're doing" to a manager who then turns the game with the decions he made, but still isn't popular because he isn't "Special" enough.

Chelsea Football Club make me so sick... that I need to reach for a bucket when I think of them. They are the complete opposite of what LFC stands-for.

Can't wait to whip their Chavski culos again when we meet in the CL Semis.

IRWT
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #56: Mar 27, 2008 02:06:22 pm
      I don't want any aspect of Chavski coming to our club... directly or indirectly, especially Maureen.

A club who's fans idolised the Special One, only for him now to want to "kill" them when he next meets them.

A club who's fans shout "You don't know what you're doing" to a manager who then turns the game with the decions he made, but still isn't popular because he isn't "Special" enough.

Chelsea Football Club make me so sick... that I need to reach for a bucket when I think of them. They are the complete opposite of what LFC stands-for.

Can't wait to whip their Chavski culos again when we meet in the CL Semis.

IRWT

Agree so much. We have to beat Arsenal first though lets not get ahead of ourselves and chelsea have to beat Fenerbache aswell, neither tie will be a walkover for any of the teams.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #57: Mar 27, 2008 02:32:24 pm
      I think the way things are at present the only way Raffa would leave is if he was pushed or his family were unhappy and given the latter seems likely I cannot see him want to go to a club where two bad results and they call for heads to roll.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #58: Mar 27, 2008 02:54:16 pm
      Pennant and Bellamy aid that bullshit when they signed, Menez has stated it when he hasnt even been approached.

To be fair Pennant did actually say he was a Liverpool fan many years before he joined us, it was mentioned in an interview when he first joined Arsenal. Don't know about bellamy though.

just done abit more research on the net and its not just barca its Atletico/Real Madrid and Valencia who want him .If this is true all we can hope is that Rafa is indecisive and just decides to stay put .

When you say research do you mean aloadofw**k by any chance?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #59: Mar 27, 2008 03:05:28 pm
      When you say research do you mean aloadofw**k by any chance?

To be fair Eddie it is on BBC website too in their "rumour" column

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has been identified as the man to replace current Barcelona boss Frank Rijkaard. The Spaniard is also the target of Real Madrid, Valencia and Atletico Madrid. (Various)

I just hope it's the old media roundabout again where they have to bring up fresh lies just to keep Liverpool's name in the press under close scrutiny.  What's happening down at the Emirates these days? Wenger sacked I hear you say maybe it will get half a page, but Rafa is linked to Barca and Real Madrid ah well that's a F***ing 10 page supplement!
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #60: Mar 27, 2008 04:26:33 pm
      ok i'm fairly confident all this is just media B-S. liverpool aren't that used to being in the bad press and the rumour columns but we as fans are going to have to learn to read and ignore. so what that a host of top european clubs want him? is that surprising to anyone considering what he has done in his career? being wanted by other teams and wanting to go to other teams are two different things, rafa doesn't want to leave and he has said so on many occasions, we shouldn't expect him to interrupt his preparations for the derby just to rule out pure nonsense
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #61: Mar 27, 2008 04:33:15 pm
      These clubs can want all they like. He's our manager.

But what could prize Rafa away from Liverpool, apart from the scenario of his wife wanting to go back to Spain? It couldn't be money could it? Surely he wants success here, before money?
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #62: Mar 27, 2008 04:41:26 pm
      Obviously the top clubs in Spain are going to be interested in Rafa, what he did at Valencia was brilliant, and what he's doing here has the potential to be better.

The only way I could see Rafa leaving is if he is sacked (got the backing of fans, so can't see that) if he feels he's not wanted (fans have given Hicks a taste of what would happen if that was the case) so again can't see that, the missus wanting to go back to Spain, if that was the case then fair enough, family before football, but Rafa has stated that his family are settled here. Don't think money will be a factor, doubt he's on crap wages here (anyone know his wages?)

I think this media campaign to get him out will backfire, because it will have just made him more determined to prove them wrong being the stubborn manager that he is, (Shove that up your arse gutter press!)

Rafa will be here until he wins us the league.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #63: Mar 27, 2008 04:43:41 pm
      These two Yank nomarks and their a*selicker must be the only people in footy that do'nt recognise Rafa's value to the club. Give him a contract extension & a transfer budget worthy of his ambitions and he aint going anywhere.
      That just about sum our present dilemmas up!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #64: Mar 27, 2008 06:06:30 pm
      It all depends on if Hicks buys lampshades when he wants sofas.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #65: Mar 27, 2008 06:08:17 pm
      It all depends on if Hicks buys lampshades when he wants sofas.

Good point.

Rafa would be able to buy a suite at Barcelona compaired to what G&H would give us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #66: Mar 27, 2008 06:31:42 pm
      So I take it we've got a game this weekend then!!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #67: Mar 27, 2008 06:32:24 pm
      So I take it we've got a game this weekend then!!

Yes and let it come round soon... I need a Manure detox - urgently.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #68: Mar 27, 2008 06:34:09 pm

That doesn't sound too appealing Don :D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #69: Mar 27, 2008 06:38:16 pm
      That doesn't sound too appealing Don :D

...anything to do with Manure is never too appealing... I was given so much sh*t by a group of them during the game on Sunday in a bar on the coast here... I was with my son and they kept singing "You can stick The Kid up your arse"... what can I say... lowest of the lowest.... had to walk out early to save it from getting stupid, especially as I was with my little one.... he waved a middle finger at them though! (that's the spirit!!) - there was about 15 of them by the way (stag do or something)....
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #70: Mar 27, 2008 07:19:59 pm
      He's going nowhere.

Not sure he'd be ideal for Real Madrid or Barcelona anyway. He builds great teams who play good football - but those two clubs want extravagant football. He's not flashy enough for them.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #71: Mar 27, 2008 08:01:58 pm
      I really hope this isn't true!  :-\

But, I really can't see him leaving. The players, the fans, the staff they all love him, I'm sure he wouldn't leave just like that. If he goes, then so does most of the team, people like Torres and Alonso joined because of him. If he goes, they are probably most likely to go as well. I hope this is just the media stirring up sh*t as usual.

IRWT

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      redbill
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts | -4 
      Reply #72: Mar 27, 2008 11:20:57 pm
      Rafael Benitez has yet to savour a league victory against Sir Alex Ferguson but the Spaniard insists he will surpass his rival's record in delivering the Premier League title to Liverpool in less than the seven seasons it took Ferguson to secure his first championship with Manchester United.Liverpool's run of seven successive wins means Benitez's bold claim looks slightly less far-fetched than it would have done just a month ago but, given he is now in his fourth season at Anfield, the confident assertion confirms the underlying streak of optimism he has maintained during a campaign marred by inconsistency and an increasingly bitter power struggle between the club's American owners
      "If you analyse each of our players you will see we have some good players. If you talk about enough players in the squad for winning the title compared with United, Arsenal, Chelsea, you say OK, we are closer, but how close? I don't know exactly how far away we are, but we are closer."
       :o
      redbill
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts | -4 
      Reply #73: Mar 27, 2008 11:22:26 pm
      Rafael Benitez has yet to savour a league victory against Sir Alex Ferguson but the Spaniard insists he will surpass his rival's record in delivering the Premier League title to Liverpool in less than the seven seasons it took Ferguson to secure his first championship with Manchester United.Liverpool's run of seven successive wins means Benitez's bold claim looks slightly less far-fetched than it would have done just a month ago but, given he is now in his fourth season at Anfield, the confident assertion confirms the underlying streak of optimism he has maintained during a campaign marred by inconsistency and an increasingly bitter power struggle between the club's American owners
      "If you analyse each of our players you will see we have some good players. If you talk about enough players in the squad for winning the title compared with United, Arsenal, Chelsea, you say OK, we are closer, but how close? I don't know exactly how far away we are, but we are closer."
       :o
      it pains me to say it but this shits true
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #74: Mar 28, 2008 04:59:11 am
      redbill, not sure what side your on with those posts.

I think this thread should be locked IMO, all the same posts keep coming up. We all know he isnt going anywhere.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #75: Mar 28, 2008 11:08:22 am
      Are there any Spanish sides Rafa hasnt been linked to?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #76: Mar 28, 2008 11:31:40 am
      Are there any Spanish sides Rafa hasnt been linked to?

Quite a few....those who know Rafa is much better than their team. Dont know why Atletico are in for him, do they really expect him to go to his former rivals?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #77: Mar 28, 2008 01:45:52 pm
      Rumour and speculation in the press about LFC or Rafa? there must be a week of important domestic/ European games coming up, or am I being cynical?
      Fully expect some supportive comments from the club's owners to send Rafa and the lads into the games fully motivated and ready to do battle on our behalf ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #78: Mar 28, 2008 05:21:05 pm
      And surely Atletico Madrid is a step down, notice how within a day a story can just disappear

oh and DonRafa we all staying in yours in 2010  ;)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #79: Mar 29, 2008 02:48:43 pm
      Rafa is not stupid , he would have weighted his options carefully before he decides. In Nou Camp immediate success is a must and that is added pressure even before he resumes the manager post. If Rafa has a barren first year and the second and then the third hel'll be grilled. That's very typical of Barca. Yes, he will have superstars  in the team but making them perform every week is a different issue. Next what? Real Madrid for Rafa? Well, they change managers as often as their underwear, ask Capello and he can tell us more. These rumours just refused to go away. I'd tell Rafa, shut your ears to these rumours and do your best for the coming weeks and you would have won the hearts of those in the corridoor of power.
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2008 02:52:00 pm by redkop63, Reason: redundant words »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #80: Mar 29, 2008 03:49:05 pm
      And surely Atletico Madrid is a step down, notice how within a day a story can just disappear

oh and DonRafa we all staying in yours in 2010  ;)

All welcome at my place for 2010.... just bring a bottle... and make sure it's not a milk bottle.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #81: Mar 29, 2008 09:17:15 pm
      All welcome at my place for 2010.... just bring a bottle... and make sure it's not a milk bottle.

Sounds good to me Donrafael  ;)  Hope you got plenty of spare room ;D
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #82: Mar 30, 2008 03:00:31 am
      Rafa has repeatedly stated his desire to remain at Liverpool for the coming years, and you won't get any fans in the world who can back him like we can. ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #83: Mar 31, 2008 08:18:35 pm
      Rafa was asked recently if he intends to stay at Liverpool or what were his plans his answer was that he intened to spend many more years at liverpool, this is yet another bs story that has been overexemplefied, much like the case when rafa was all but madrids manager last season, rather simply... it ain't gonna happen!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #84: Apr 02, 2008 10:06:04 am
      Guillem said last night on La Liga/Sky that it was "a total fantasy story"... so that puts that one to bed.
      pennol32
      • On Trial

• 3 posts | -1 
      Reply #85: Apr 04, 2008 09:44:55 pm
      hope rafa,s goin nowhere, but i really think its all about champions league if he stays or goes, anyone else heard the new rumours again about jose mourino again , its just a bit iffy to me that he hasnt gone anywhere, is he just waiting for next season to come back to england
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #86: Apr 04, 2008 09:56:06 pm
      As long as Xabi gets regular games, niether he nor Rafa will be leaving in the summer. Its a case of  'unfinnished business'. Especially if we make the C.L. Final again, win or lose !
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #87: Apr 05, 2008 03:10:03 am
      hope rafa,s goin nowhere, but I really think its all about champions league if he stays or goes, anyone else heard the new rumours again about jose mourino again , its just a bit iffy to me that he hasnt gone anywhere, is he just waiting for next season to come back to england

Only rumours i'm hearing are he has a week to decide if he wants to go Inter or wait for another team. I know Mourinho wont ever be in talks with this club especially after the Klinsman incident.

Quick Reply