Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Benitez and Barcelona

Read 8266 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Benitez and Barcelona
      Reply #23: Mar 26, 2008 11:43:24 pm
      You see it's not just about the players... the missus' play a big part...

Pepe and Rafa are REALLY REALLY happy about their kids being in the UK for the first years of their lives... both have gone public and on record saying so... and you know that their respective missus are behind them.

I don't think exactly the same applies to Xabi and his significant other... but hey... these were simply rumours I heard here in Madrid when she was pregnant... and she might have found her sanity again now that she has popped!

Go on the official site and see what he said about his childs birth. Maybe not his missus but Xabi has said that and besides im sure it wasnt an interview with her was it so it could easily be a rumour
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #24: Mar 26, 2008 11:48:15 pm
      I thought that till I spoke to villareal fans who said theyd give me him for 50p if they could. Apparently he's struggling in la liga.

Of late he hasn't done so well, however the quality is there and he needs a different challenge! Torres didn't shine at Atletico, however he is doing that right here at Liverpool.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #25: Mar 26, 2008 11:52:55 pm
      Torres shone at athletico, thats how he got recognised ;D he just didnt score 20 a season thats all. People have been saying fernandez cant cope with la liga and he just seemed good before he got there due to the low level of opposition. I think he is good but seems the type to drift out of a game alot if he is having a bad one.

Alot of villareal fans seem to dislike him. When i first saw him on a youtube clip he looked great but when i searched around properly he doesnt seem that great whereas menez seems a great option to me and what better hero for a player we sign to have than king kenny, Menez is a liverpool fan which is great and his hero is king kenny. I hope we get Menez great young player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #26: Mar 26, 2008 11:59:06 pm
      There is a Summer Transfer Thread for all this chat lads!!!

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #27: Mar 26, 2008 11:59:21 pm
      Enough of this 'Menez is a Liverpool fan'. So is Pennant, so was Bellamy and every other player that joins us.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #28: Mar 27, 2008 12:03:52 am
      Enough of this 'Menez is a Liverpool fan'. So is Pennant, so was Bellamy and every other player that joins us.

nothing wrong with being a liverpool fan. Its not a reason for him to join i just think its good to see he has a great player he aspires to be as good as.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #29: Mar 27, 2008 12:04:51 am
      I'm not really sure what to make of this story as I don't think Rafa wants to leave any time in the near future. I feel he loves the club and is enjoying his time at Liverpool. The only way I can see him going is if the owners don't back him in the transfer market or if the owners decide to get rid of him.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #30: Mar 27, 2008 12:14:07 am
      sh*t when i saw the title of this thread i shat myself. This surely can not be good I hope it is just bullshit Don I am hoping that you are so right about Rafa and oh so wrong about Xabi.
      Ra Ra mate wake up Xabi has not had a chance at getting any form or run together and i think he will be a key for us as we close the rest of the season off.

As for the Missus- "shut up bi*ch i put food on this table"
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: Mar 27, 2008 12:30:28 am
      Even if the rumours are true and Barca want Rafa, what's to say he will want to go? He's a Madridista remember? The fact that he is so stubborn makes me feel that he'd want to stay on and win the league to prove his doubters wrong.

Indeed.

So what if he's top of Barca's list. Wasn't he top of Real's list not so long ago?

The Spanish press may well be right but that doesn't mean just because he's a wanted manager elsewhere in Europe, he's gonna jump ship - especially after what's happened this season. I feel he's even more determined to succeed with us now.

All the hard graft Rafa has put in to make future success of Liverpool seems too important to me. The youth, reserve and first team levels are all too much in progression for him to 'want' to leave. You have to think of how well his family have settled into Liverpool life as well.

The only time I can honestly see him wanting to leave is after he's won the league. And to be honest, I wouldn't blame him for that. If you think of his time at Valencia and how he won the La Liga twice with them, then I can't see how he'd want to go back to Spain with the tag of failing to win the league here on his shoulders.

He wants to be a winner and he wants to win with Liverpool - I feel he would have been gone by now if any issues this season had made him think he can't do it. But, as always, the press will make speculation from what I see, a bad long gone chapter in our history.

The media can talk all they like, it's water off a ducks back to me. And Barca can tempt all they like. But I honestly feel Rafa would only leave if he's not wanted by Liverpool.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #32: Mar 27, 2008 06:37:13 am

Pennant and Bellamy aid that bullshit when they signed, Menez has stated it when he hasnt even been approached.

Menez is 15 million euro's according to Monaco.

On topic though, Rafa wont go to any team in Spain let alone Barca until he leaves on a positive note with us (winning PL). He is staying no questions asked.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #33: Mar 27, 2008 07:12:50 am
       I do not think for one minute  will RAFA  be leaving us for any club,could this be the media or even Barcelona playing mind games with the Champions Cup due to be played next week,It is a known fact that last club the other 7 clubs want to face is our MIGHTY REDS ( even Manure )  would sh*t themselves if they have to play us in Europe.I have said B4 on other RAFA threads ,I hope it does not take RAFA to leave B4 the knockers appreciate just how good he is for Liverpool Football Club.
      « Last Edit: Mar 27, 2008 07:15:17 am by Billy1, Reason: missed word. »
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #34: Mar 27, 2008 08:07:27 am
      I dont know what to believe anymore but only 2 people can put our minds to rest! Rafa and the fat texan!!!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #35: Mar 27, 2008 08:10:46 am
      I dont know what to believe anymore but only 2 people can put our minds to rest! Rafa and the fat texan!!!

Don't you mean obese gentleman of Texas origin!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #36: Mar 27, 2008 08:25:04 am
      just done abit more research on the net and its not just barca its Atletico/Real Madrid and Valencia who want him .If this is true all we can hope is that Rafa is indecisive and just decides to stay put .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Mar 27, 2008 08:29:38 am
      Valencia, dont think he will go back there the way he left. Atletico...why? Real, already stated he doesnt want to move there despite his ties with the club. Rafa is staying put.
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #38: Mar 27, 2008 08:35:43 am
      Don't you mean obese gentleman of Texas origin!

No mate, I was right the first time!! Actually thought I was being quite polite in just saying fat texan!!!!  ;D
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #39: Mar 27, 2008 09:16:43 am
      No mate, I was right the first time!! Actually thought I was being quite polite in just saying fat texan!!!!  ;D

;D hairy muff
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #40: Mar 27, 2008 10:02:05 am
      Tell you what fellow contributers we've had some sh*t to endure this season!
      We've had the whole on going DIC/Klinnsman thing
      and now theirs a couple of cu*ts trying to sneek in the kitchen window and nick the family silver!!
      Rafa has said time and time again he's stayin, but during all this present turmoil even his metal must be gettin tested!
      I just hope and pray that the rumours are incorrect!
      I'm on betablockers, calcium inhibitors and water tablets as it is each day, whats the Spanish footballing fraternity trying to do to me?
      f***in kill me with worry?
      Let me tell you they're goin the right way about it!
      I don't think I can stand anymore of this sh*t
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #41: Mar 27, 2008 10:22:07 am
      Didn't Rafa ask for a contract extension recently?

Give it to the man, Parry, Hicks... ffs

If he doesn't feel wanted or respected ...he WILL walk... and with him Liverpool's greatest chance for years and years of winning the title.

We all know Maureen is waiting on the wings for LFC (IF Barcelona doesn't come off - i.e. Rafa joining them - which I hugely doubt he would do)... but Maureen is so, so wrong for Liverpool Footclub Club and it's people... we don't need a prima donna on the bench, we need them on the playing field!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #42: Mar 27, 2008 10:27:07 am
      Rafa wanting to stay is not an issue

Its if his employers wanting him to stay that worries me. You never know with that fat backstabbing c**t Hicks in charge.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #43: Mar 27, 2008 10:31:25 am
      Tell you what fellow contributers we've had some sh*t to endure this season!
      We've had the whole on going DIC/Klinnsman thing
      and now theirs a couple of cu*ts trying to sneek in the kitchen window and nick the family silver!!
      Rafa has said time and time again he's stayin, but during all this present turmoil even his metal must be gettin tested!
      I just hope and pray that the rumours are incorrect!
      I'm on betablockers, calcium inhibitors and water tablets as it is each day, whats the Spanish footballing fraternity trying to do to me?
      f***in kill me with worry?
      Let me tell you they're goin the right way about it!
      I don't think I can stand anymore of this sh*t

Tried Valium yet... ?

If only we had worthy custodians of our club - all these problems/rumours/stealth-anti-Rafa-media-campaigns would dissapear.

neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #44: Mar 27, 2008 10:34:46 am
      Tried Valium yet... ?

If only we had worthy custodians of our club - all these problems/rumours/stealth-anti-Rafa-media-campaigns would dissapear.

No but I have tried liquid cosh/vast quantities of alcohol
      That's the price you have to pay for supporting this club!!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #45: Mar 27, 2008 10:36:36 am
      Here we go again, time for the chairman to sound out Klinsman again and undermine rafa again and rafa becomes petualant toward them again and..................... ........................ ...................

Spinning and spinning around and around when I stand up I fall to the ground.

History repeats itself again!!!!

Quick Reply