Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Benitez and Barcelona

Read 8265 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Benitez and Barcelona
      Reply #69: Mar 27, 2008 06:38:16 pm
      That doesn't sound too appealing Don :D

...anything to do with Manure is never too appealing... I was given so much sh*t by a group of them during the game on Sunday in a bar on the coast here... I was with my son and they kept singing "You can stick The Kid up your arse"... what can I say... lowest of the lowest.... had to walk out early to save it from getting stupid, especially as I was with my little one.... he waved a middle finger at them though! (that's the spirit!!) - there was about 15 of them by the way (stag do or something)....
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #70: Mar 27, 2008 07:19:59 pm
      He's going nowhere.

Not sure he'd be ideal for Real Madrid or Barcelona anyway. He builds great teams who play good football - but those two clubs want extravagant football. He's not flashy enough for them.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #71: Mar 27, 2008 08:01:58 pm
      I really hope this isn't true!  :-\

But, I really can't see him leaving. The players, the fans, the staff they all love him, I'm sure he wouldn't leave just like that. If he goes, then so does most of the team, people like Torres and Alonso joined because of him. If he goes, they are probably most likely to go as well. I hope this is just the media stirring up sh*t as usual.

IRWT

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      redbill
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts | -4 
      Reply #72: Mar 27, 2008 11:20:57 pm
      Rafael Benitez has yet to savour a league victory against Sir Alex Ferguson but the Spaniard insists he will surpass his rival's record in delivering the Premier League title to Liverpool in less than the seven seasons it took Ferguson to secure his first championship with Manchester United.Liverpool's run of seven successive wins means Benitez's bold claim looks slightly less far-fetched than it would have done just a month ago but, given he is now in his fourth season at Anfield, the confident assertion confirms the underlying streak of optimism he has maintained during a campaign marred by inconsistency and an increasingly bitter power struggle between the club's American owners
      "If you analyse each of our players you will see we have some good players. If you talk about enough players in the squad for winning the title compared with United, Arsenal, Chelsea, you say OK, we are closer, but how close? I don't know exactly how far away we are, but we are closer."
       :o
      redbill
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts | -4 
      Reply #73: Mar 27, 2008 11:22:26 pm
      Rafael Benitez has yet to savour a league victory against Sir Alex Ferguson but the Spaniard insists he will surpass his rival's record in delivering the Premier League title to Liverpool in less than the seven seasons it took Ferguson to secure his first championship with Manchester United.Liverpool's run of seven successive wins means Benitez's bold claim looks slightly less far-fetched than it would have done just a month ago but, given he is now in his fourth season at Anfield, the confident assertion confirms the underlying streak of optimism he has maintained during a campaign marred by inconsistency and an increasingly bitter power struggle between the club's American owners
      "If you analyse each of our players you will see we have some good players. If you talk about enough players in the squad for winning the title compared with United, Arsenal, Chelsea, you say OK, we are closer, but how close? I don't know exactly how far away we are, but we are closer."
       :o
      it pains me to say it but this shits true
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #74: Mar 28, 2008 04:59:11 am
      redbill, not sure what side your on with those posts.

I think this thread should be locked IMO, all the same posts keep coming up. We all know he isnt going anywhere.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #75: Mar 28, 2008 11:08:22 am
      Are there any Spanish sides Rafa hasnt been linked to?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #76: Mar 28, 2008 11:31:40 am
      Are there any Spanish sides Rafa hasnt been linked to?

Quite a few....those who know Rafa is much better than their team. Dont know why Atletico are in for him, do they really expect him to go to his former rivals?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #77: Mar 28, 2008 01:45:52 pm
      Rumour and speculation in the press about LFC or Rafa? there must be a week of important domestic/ European games coming up, or am I being cynical?
      Fully expect some supportive comments from the club's owners to send Rafa and the lads into the games fully motivated and ready to do battle on our behalf ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #78: Mar 28, 2008 05:21:05 pm
      And surely Atletico Madrid is a step down, notice how within a day a story can just disappear

oh and DonRafa we all staying in yours in 2010  ;)
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #79: Mar 29, 2008 02:48:43 pm
      Rafa is not stupid , he would have weighted his options carefully before he decides. In Nou Camp immediate success is a must and that is added pressure even before he resumes the manager post. If Rafa has a barren first year and the second and then the third hel'll be grilled. That's very typical of Barca. Yes, he will have superstars  in the team but making them perform every week is a different issue. Next what? Real Madrid for Rafa? Well, they change managers as often as their underwear, ask Capello and he can tell us more. These rumours just refused to go away. I'd tell Rafa, shut your ears to these rumours and do your best for the coming weeks and you would have won the hearts of those in the corridoor of power.
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2008 02:52:00 pm by redkop63, Reason: redundant words »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #80: Mar 29, 2008 03:49:05 pm
      And surely Atletico Madrid is a step down, notice how within a day a story can just disappear

oh and DonRafa we all staying in yours in 2010  ;)

All welcome at my place for 2010.... just bring a bottle... and make sure it's not a milk bottle.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #81: Mar 29, 2008 09:17:15 pm
      All welcome at my place for 2010.... just bring a bottle... and make sure it's not a milk bottle.

Sounds good to me Donrafael  ;)  Hope you got plenty of spare room ;D
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #82: Mar 30, 2008 03:00:31 am
      Rafa has repeatedly stated his desire to remain at Liverpool for the coming years, and you won't get any fans in the world who can back him like we can. ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #83: Mar 31, 2008 08:18:35 pm
      Rafa was asked recently if he intends to stay at Liverpool or what were his plans his answer was that he intened to spend many more years at liverpool, this is yet another bs story that has been overexemplefied, much like the case when rafa was all but madrids manager last season, rather simply... it ain't gonna happen!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #84: Apr 02, 2008 10:06:04 am
      Guillem said last night on La Liga/Sky that it was "a total fantasy story"... so that puts that one to bed.
      pennol32
      • On Trial

• 3 posts | -1 
      Reply #85: Apr 04, 2008 09:44:55 pm
      hope rafa,s goin nowhere, but i really think its all about champions league if he stays or goes, anyone else heard the new rumours again about jose mourino again , its just a bit iffy to me that he hasnt gone anywhere, is he just waiting for next season to come back to england
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #86: Apr 04, 2008 09:56:06 pm
      As long as Xabi gets regular games, niether he nor Rafa will be leaving in the summer. Its a case of  'unfinnished business'. Especially if we make the C.L. Final again, win or lose !
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #87: Apr 05, 2008 03:10:03 am
      hope rafa,s goin nowhere, but I really think its all about champions league if he stays or goes, anyone else heard the new rumours again about jose mourino again , its just a bit iffy to me that he hasnt gone anywhere, is he just waiting for next season to come back to england

Only rumours i'm hearing are he has a week to decide if he wants to go Inter or wait for another team. I know Mourinho wont ever be in talks with this club especially after the Klinsman incident.

Quick Reply