Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Rotation v Arsenal

Will rotate win or draw against Bluenoses
      6 (20%)
      Play best XI only changing for Masch & injuries
      15 (50%)
      Will rotate irrelevant of result agains Bluenoses
      9 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Will Rafa rotate for 3 Arsenal games in a week?

Read 4665 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Will Rafa rotate for 3 Arsenal games in a week?
      Mar 29, 2008 01:56:12 pm
      I am wondering if Rafa will rotate the teams for the 3 Arsenal games (2 x CL, 1 Prem) in a week.

I get a feeling it depends on the Everton result, IMHO if we win vs Bluenoses ...he WILL rotate galore....

Poll please:

Rafa will rotate the team if we win or draw against Everton
      Rafa will play the best XI only chagning for injuries & Masch
      Rafa will rotate the team irrelevant of the Everton result

Very interested in your thoughts....

IRWT
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Will Rafa rotate for 3 Arsenal games in a week?
      Reply #1: Mar 29, 2008 02:13:29 pm
      I think there will be some "rotation" as Masher will be available for the CL games. If we play well  and get a good result on Wed then I would hope there would be not too much chopping and changing, for the EPL and following CL games, but if the result on Wed is disappointing then may be changes will be made. As the best we can get is 3rd the tomorrows game may be an important point in the team selection for the EPL game, remembering that we are playing on Sat and the BS are playing on Sun (against Derby). If we win tomorrow we will be 5 points ahead of the BS so a loss in the league game would not be a total disaster in the league, but confidence may suffer, again depending on Wed's game, 2 loses can be difficult to deal with if you then need a win against the same team.
      So all in all I don't know, to coin a phrase we will just have to play each game as it comes up, and pray to god that positive results come our way and the team that played last Sunday never appears again along with Bennet.

PS I would go for your 2nd option.
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2008 02:15:59 pm by RedPuppy »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Mar 29, 2008 02:16:55 pm
      Done  ;)

Myself I'm going for option 2, got to play the best if we wanna progress either way.  ;)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #3: Mar 29, 2008 02:25:01 pm
      I feel that if we get a good result against Everton expect some changes for the first game against Arsenal.

Finnan/Arbeloa
      Riise/Aurelio
      Hyypia/Skrtel
      Babel/Yossi
      Kuyt/Crouch
      Lucas/Masch (due to Suspension)

Rafa is a maniac in terms of freshness of players, so I fully expect it to happen IF we WIN or maybe draw versus Bluenoses... for the first CL game vs Arsenal...

No way will Rafa play an unchanged XI (even not counting Masch change) for 3 games in a week.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Mar 29, 2008 02:28:15 pm
      I feel that he will rotate no matter what the result against the bitters is, 3 games in a row is tough and need to keep a strong but fresh side throughout. With rotatiions i mean maybe 3 or 4 squad players and keeping Gerrard and Torres and co. in regardless.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #5: Mar 29, 2008 02:29:42 pm
      Option 2 for me , unless they hammer us in the first game
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #6: Mar 29, 2008 03:23:05 pm
      Best 11 always for me. Rotation in formation, but always best 11
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #7: Mar 29, 2008 03:46:09 pm
      Bolton 2 up against a make-shift Arsenal before h-t - look like Arse are saving themselves for us.

We need to whip these boys at the Emirates... they are there for the taking.

solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #8: Mar 29, 2008 04:11:20 pm
      Bolton 2 up against a make-shift Arsenal before h-t - look like Arse are saving themselves for us.
      We need to whip these boys at the Emirates... they are there for the taking.

They're losing against Bolton, but it is hardly a make-shift side.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #9: Mar 29, 2008 04:18:23 pm
      They're losing against Bolton, but it is hardly a make-shift side.
      True, I'm watching live on terrestrial spanish TV... Arsenal's heart isn't in this game... they've either run of steam... good for us... or saving themselves for us... not so good for us.

It should be 3-0 by now... still 2-0.
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2008 04:20:50 pm by donrafael »
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #10: Mar 29, 2008 04:22:40 pm
      True, I'm watching live on terrestrial spanish TV... Arsenal's heart isn't in this game... they've either run of steam... good for us... or saving themselves for us... not so good for us.

It should be 3-0 by now... still 2-0.

They know they have a major encounter with us.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #11: Mar 29, 2008 04:30:35 pm
      They know they have a major encounter with us.

Gallas and Van Persie. 2.2. Teaches me to post during an oppos match!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: Mar 29, 2008 04:34:31 pm
      they've either run of steam... good for us... or saving themselves for us... not so good for us.

I'd imagine it's the latter mate. They should be going to Bolton and being well capable of getting a goal or two.

As for the three games, I honestly have no idea. Don't think anyone can call it other than saying there'll probably be at least one change in amongst those three games. And of course, it could depend on the result from the first leg when the Champions League games are concerned.

I'm in agreement with Solodee about the best 11 available though. That's just the way it has to be now until the end of the season, I feel.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Mar 29, 2008 04:37:45 pm
      I think he will rotate because not all the players will be able to be fit enough for all 3 games, I think Pennant will play against that blue sh*te and twice against the london sh*te because Kuyt is starting to look as if he is starting to think that he is certain to start. Also a few players dont deserve to start after their sh*t performance against the mancs and Kuyt is one of them.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #14: Mar 29, 2008 04:39:46 pm
      I think Raffa will only rotate against Arsenal(league) if we don't win tomorrow. If Arsenal only draw at Bolton will Gallas pull his hair out or cry again like at Brum, what a captain.....
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #15: Mar 29, 2008 04:41:47 pm
      I think he will rotate because not all the players will be able to be fit enough for all 3 games, I think Pennant will play against that blue sh*te and twice against the london sh*te because Kuyt is starting to look as if he is starting to think that he is certain to start. Also a few players dont deserve to start after their sh*t performance against the mancs and Kuyt is one of them.

Torres had a sh*te games vs the Mancs... that doesn't mean he shouldn't start.

I would have Crouchy and Torres up front tomorrow.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: Mar 29, 2008 08:53:59 pm
      Torres had a sh*te games vs the Mancs... that doesn't mean he shouldn't start.

I would have Crouchy and Torres up front tomorrow.

Torres had a sh*te game because he was up front on his own and had no real support. Kuyt was on the wing and should have tried to do more attacking and support him but that game is in the past now so lets focus on the blue scum.

I agree with you that Crouchy and Torres should start together tomorrow because it would be great to see them paired toghether again. With Coruch on then because of the aerial threat that he poses then Lescott will be the one marking him and that would allow Torres to create more space for himself as their other defenders are pretty sh*t ;D.

I.R.W.T
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #17: Mar 29, 2008 09:11:02 pm
      I think Rafa will start with Crouch and Torres upfront, he should anyway. Kuyt I think needs a break and a rest. He needs some time off to realise that he needs to change how he plays, so he can get back to scoring again. Frankly he hassn't been the same ever since his dad passed away.

Crouch, I don't really know why he isn't starting or playing in a lot of games. He may not score 20+, but he definitely scores a lot more than Kuyt. Also he scored a hattrick against Arsenal last year, he seems to be able to score in big/important games against big teams. I think he definitely has to start against at least two of the Arsenal matches.
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #18: Mar 29, 2008 09:15:19 pm
      I think Rafa will start with Crouch and Torres upfront, he should anyway. Kuyt I think needs a break and a rest. He needs some time off to realise that he needs to change how he plays, so he can get back to scoring again. Frankly he hassn't been the same ever since his dad passed away.

Crouch, I don't really know why he isn't starting or playing in a lot of games. He may not score 20+, but he definitely scores a lot more than Kuyt. Also he scored a hattrick against Arsenal last year, he seems to be able to score in big/important games against big teams. I think he definitely has to start against at least two of the Arsenal matches.

if rafa plays crouch he'll have to change the formation cos crouch doesnt fit into what hes playin at the moment. kuyt at present is playing on the right, a position that crouch cudnt do. i agree that crouch shud be played as a partner to torres, but it just wudnt fit into this formation.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #19: Mar 29, 2008 09:31:46 pm
      if rafa plays crouch he'll have to change the formation cos crouch doesnt fit into what hes playin at the moment. kuyt at present is playing on the right, a position that crouch cudnt do. I agree that crouch shud be played as a partner to torres, but it just wudnt fit into this formation.

Well, then he will have to chnage the formation. Kuyt shouldn't be on the right. he plays upfront and that is where he should be playing. But seeing as though he is not able to score a lot of goals, Crouch has to come in and replace him. He is the next best striker after Torres so he should be playing upfront.
      IB
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #20: Mar 29, 2008 09:53:56 pm
      Well, then he will have to chnage the formation. Kuyt shouldn't be on the right. he plays upfront and that is where he should be playing. But seeing as though he is not able to score a lot of goals, Crouch has to come in and replace him. He is the next best striker after Torres so he should be playing upfront.

i agree mate, the crouch and torres partnership upfront is the best strikers we can have. i still think dirrrrk knows a dirty secret of rafas and thats why rafa plays him so often, even out of position. but the formation rafas playing with at present is winning us games (par man u) and thats dirk kuyt seems to fit into that role pretty well. if we change formation at such an important stage of season, it cud have disasterious affects. rafa must have judged that no partnership was workin well with torres (which i thought was wrong cos i cud see the crouch-torres parternership happening) and thats why hes changed to this formation. change formation at this point of season and we cud possibly kiss that fourth place spot goodbye, and kiss the CL goodbye.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #21: Mar 29, 2008 10:05:12 pm
      I agree mate, the crouch and torres partnership upfront is the best strikers we can have. I still think dirrrrk knows a dirty secret of rafas and thats why rafa plays him so often, even out of position. but the formation rafas playing with at present is winning us games (par man u) and thats dirk kuyt seems to fit into that role pretty well. if we change formation at such an important stage of season, it cud have disasterious affects. rafa must have judged that no partnership was workin well with torres (which I thought was wrong cos I cud see the crouch-torres parternership happening) and thats why hes changed to this formation. change formation at this point of season and we cud possibly kiss that fourth place spot goodbye, and kiss the CL goodbye.

You know, I do wonder why Rafa persists on starting with Kuyt, maybe he does know a secret about Rafa. But he did to the same thing with Crouch when he wasn't scoring in games, he kept on playing him until he finally scored. I remember he said how do you expect a player to start scoring again if he isn't playing/starting a game? What he said is absolutely correct but don't have a better player to play right midfield?

Anyway IRWT!! 
      IB
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #22: Mar 29, 2008 10:14:10 pm
      You know, I do wonder why Rafa persists on starting with Kuyt, maybe he does know a secret about Rafa. But he did to the same thing with Crouch when he wasn't scoring in games, he kept on playing him until he finally scored. I remember he said how do you expect a player to start scoring again if he isn't playing/starting a game? What he said is absolutely correct but don't have a better player to play right midfield?

Anyway IRWT!! 

i see what your saying, rafa should be playing a right winger on a right winged position. but i still think dirk suits to that role because hes playing as a feeder striker to torres. hes not expected to score goals from that position so when he does score goals (such as inter milan) it gives him confidence that he needs. he may not be the best finisher in the world but hes done some good things playing on the wing, such as against west ham. he set up a beautiful ball for el nino to shoot down.

Quick Reply