Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Benitez 'already signed' a senior player

Read 12777 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Benitez 'already signed' a senior player
      Reply #23: Apr 02, 2008 06:52:20 am
      Here it is, what a cracker:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CYBNZrvGeoA
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #24: Apr 02, 2008 11:54:53 am
      I thought Rakitic could be the one we had already got on a verbal agreement the one rafa said would be ready for the first team but he cant be because bothi him and rafinha would go straight into the first team, wouldnt be either for the reserves imo.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 02, 2008 12:41:48 pm
      Here's a vid of some of his goals when he was at fc basel. Its quite impressive. He's got awesome technique by the looks of it, because he scored some cracking volleys in there.

http://www.soccer-goals.tv/soccer-video-goals/football-player/ivan-rakitic/ivan-rakitic-beim-fc-basel/
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #26: Apr 02, 2008 12:42:46 pm
      Cheers for that Croucinho would personally love to see this kid at LFC he would be a great asset.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #27: Apr 02, 2008 01:39:04 pm
      It could be this Rakitic bloke, as why would he be in the first team immediatly? It looks like he'd be backup to Kuyt, and no way is Kuyt gonna be out of the first team soon... It's a possibility that Rafinha is the first teamer and Rakitic is the youngster with the aim of doing what Babel has done and arriving to try and break into the first team by the end of the season.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #28: Apr 02, 2008 01:56:43 pm
      Why would we sign Ivan Rakitić? He's not been linked to us, and he's from Switzerland not South America
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #29: Apr 02, 2008 11:33:13 pm
      Yes he has been linked to us before along with Juve and Inter. The Croatian press is proclaiming a done deal between Schalke and Liverpool for the two players.

Also a correction he is Croatian and playes for Croatia does also have Swiss citizenship.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #30: Apr 02, 2008 11:51:42 pm
      He has been linked to us a few times.

artaylor he would go into the first team. Rafa said 'We have agreements with two young players and one senior player who will be a starting XI player.

Is babel not a starting 11 player ? i think he meant will be a first teamer not first name on the teamsheet.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Apr 03, 2008 06:08:24 am
      Thats right, he is Swiss, speaks Swiss, girlfriend is Swiss but his parents are Croats so he chooses to play for them.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #32: Apr 03, 2008 01:05:34 pm
      He has been linked to us a few times.

artaylor he would go into the first team. Rafa said 'We have agreements with two young players and one senior player who will be a starting XI player.

Is babel not a starting 11 player ? I think he meant will be a first teamer not first name on the teamsheet.

Okay that's what I'm saying... We can't have signed both Rakitic and Rafinha if they're both going into the first team and thats what Rafa has said, otherwise he would have said TWO first team players. So the only way we'd have already signed both these guys is if Rafa thought Rafinha was an instant first teamer, and Rakitic was a youngster to break into the First XI, hopefully in the place of Kuyt. How can he mean a member of the first squad when he says "who will be a starting XI player".... ?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #33: Apr 03, 2008 09:41:50 pm
      Okay that's what I'm saying... We can't have signed both Rakitic and Rafinha if they're both going into the first team and thats what Rafa has said, otherwise he would have said TWO first team players. So the only way we'd have already signed both these guys is if Rafa thought Rafinha was an instant first teamer, and Rakitic was a youngster to break into the First XI, hopefully in the place of Kuyt. How can he mean a member of the first squad when he says "who will be a starting XI player".... ?

loooool thats what i said mate. we cant have signed both.

and i said rakitic probably isnt one of them he's like 20 so he wont be going in the reserves. If your in the first squad you are a starting 11 player haha. I meant we havent signed both its one or the other the rakitic thing is just a rumour whereas rafinha has actually said he wants to join.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #34: Apr 04, 2008 12:55:51 am
      Heh, my point was that we COULD have signed them both. If you're in the first squad you're in the SQUAD, not the starting eleven... My first post was saying that Rakitic could be like Babel, who joined the club at the start of the year, and was straight into the first SQUAD, but needed the season to break into the first TEAM, which he's done by now.

Rafinha sounds like he's a first teamer, whereas Rakitic sounds like he's a younger player who won't be in the starting eleven off the bat.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #35: Apr 07, 2008 03:19:42 pm
      Wes Brown's contract is up in the summer, surely it cant be him who is the first teamer?..... :-\
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #36: Apr 07, 2008 08:49:58 pm
      Wes Brown's contract is up in the summer, surely it cant be him who is the first teamer?..... :-\

I very much doubt it i would take Finnan over Brown anyday, its going to be someone quality if he's going to go straight into the first team. Brown is a microcosm of his own name :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37: Apr 07, 2008 11:51:07 pm
      I'm hoping its Villa or Quaresma but i dont think it is. However if porto get relegated for some sort scandal in which they are getting investigated for we could get Quaresma for around 5million ;D. Its probably someone who is free to go on a bosman like Voronin. Rafa said that he had signed Voronin last season and there was quite alot of negative feedback on that so that why i think he has'nt said who it is yet. I have a feeling it's a defender though. When's Cannavaro's contract up, I thought it was up at the end of this season so maybe its him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #38: Apr 08, 2008 08:23:09 am
      Sami signing is clear to me that we wont be buying a CB. Wingbacks are what we need and i think it is Rafinha. The sgins are there and makes sense.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #39: Apr 08, 2008 08:38:24 am
      Sami signing is clear to me that we wont be buying a CB. Wingbacks are what we need and i think it is Rafinha. The sgins are there and makes sense.

I think you're right there. Next season we're going to have Carragher, Hyppia, Skrtel and Agger already playing in that position, I don't know if any of our youngsters would be abttling for that spot either, but four players for two places is enough IMO. Whether or not it will be Rafinha the signing I don't know, but I think the signing will be playing in that position... I read Rafa saying recently that Carra's recent position of RB will only be temporary but he was doing it because Carra was more agressive than our other options (Finnan, Arbeloa). If Rafa isn't satisfied with their defensive qualities then it makes sense he's going to bring in someone else.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #40: Apr 08, 2008 12:14:50 pm
      Jaffa cake at Anfield you can F**k right off!!
      anyway could you see the hairdrier selling him to us?
      Your memory fails you, remember Hienze last year
      Would never happen
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #41: Apr 08, 2008 03:08:21 pm
      I'm sure it won't happen, and I wouldn't want it to anyway, but surely if he's out of contract there would be nothing fergie could do to stop it?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #42: Apr 10, 2008 03:08:10 pm
      Hoax ;)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #43: Apr 10, 2008 05:01:35 pm

He's F***ing sh*te. Both Finnan and Arbeloa are miles better.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: Apr 10, 2008 10:18:34 pm
      Kaladze maybe?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #45: Apr 13, 2008 08:34:25 pm
      Luis Suarez (striker) from Ajax? i really hope so. he is south American, right?

Quick Reply