Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Match Thread Liverpool V Everton

Read 9637 times
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Re: Match Thread Liverpool V Everton
      Reply #138: Mar 31, 2008 11:52:48 am
      Job well done but it wasnt the best of games i thought after the early goal there would have been more,but Everton were poor they never created anything and we were comfortable although a second would have calmed the nerves.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #139: Mar 31, 2008 12:06:28 pm
      nothing like a clear difference of opinion on the game.

mr tommo gives dirk his MOM, and don gives him his worst rating with a "must go or improve comment"

could this be that dirks contribution is lost on the tv screen, and actually being at the game, you can appreciate his effore more

I was at the game and he ran his little arse off! :D Fantastic performance! I do think that his influence on the game is lost on the telly, now that you mention it!

Skrtel was immense too, flying in with some amazing tackles! He left us short a little now and then but made up for it with some amazing physical stuff!

They were singing about Michael Shields mate. (regarding the size of his backside passage).
      Also singing to Gerrard regarding 'The babies not yours'
      Typical low life from them !

And regarding there banner - well lets just say I overtook at least 4 blueshite cars on the M6 Northbound after the match.

Another couple of cracking chants from the Kop were :-

Feed the Yak and He'll get fat

And

Your just a Fat Purple Aki (regarding Yakubu again)  :lmao:

Loved the Purple Aki one! As soon as the chant finished, you just heard some fella scream top of his lungs "SHOW US YER MUSCLES!!!" Classic! :D

The 'We all go to Moscow, you all go to Tesco, na na naar na!' shout was up there with the best of them but the killer for me and their anti OOT chants...

Your captains a Manc, your captains a Manc, you two faced b*stards, your captains a Manc!'

I was in stitches! :D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #140: Mar 31, 2008 12:13:35 pm
      Suffering from jaw ache this morning from smiling all the way back down the M6/M5 last night. A great result even if the score line did do us an injustice.

Difficult to pick a man of the match I liked Skrtels defensive display and I thought Kuyt ran his bollocks off pressing the bitters defence right up to the final whistle, although I am not his biggest fan, you have to admire his work rate and the ground he covered, Lucas was the weakest link made a few school boy errors when put under pressure but also showed he has a decent passing ability. I am yet to watch the match back and undoubtedly my opinion will change ;D, although I thought everyone of our player seemed more up for it than the Bluenosers.

Some brilliant songs sung at the game as mentioned before and plenty of stick dished out to the bitters, but there is always a knob head who feels the need to shout abuse about Munich, surely there is enough to put down Neville down with seeming as he is an ugly, inbred Manc reject without the need to resort to bringing up references to Munich, pretty much anything goes at football and you give as good as you get, but this sort of sh*t wants stopping and perhaps then the tossers who chant about Hillsborourgh can be shamed into stopping as well. We are Liverpool FC the best supporters in the world start acting like it.

Sorry rant over and I apologise for posting it in this thread

It’s fantastic to go into Wednesday game on high and back on track, and with 1-0 victory the lad’s feet should still firmly be on the ground
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #141: Mar 31, 2008 12:42:48 pm
      Suffering from jaw ache this morning from smiling all the way back down the M6/M5 last night. A great result even if the score line did do us an injustice.

Difficult to pick a man of the match I liked Skrtels defensive display and I thought Kuyt ran his bollocks off pressing the bitters defence right up to the final whistle, although I am not his biggest fan, you have to admire his work rate and the ground he covered, Lucas was the weakest link made a few school boy errors when put under pressure but also showed he has a decent passing ability. I am yet to watch the match back and undoubtedly my opinion will change ;D, although I thought everyone of our player seemed more up for it than the Bluenosers.

Some brilliant songs sung at the game as mentioned before and plenty of stick dished out to the bitters, but there is always a knob head who feels the need to shout abuse about Munich, surely there is enough to put down Neville down with seeming as he is an ugly, inbred Manc reject without the need to resort to bringing up references to Munich, pretty much anything goes at football and you give as good as you get, but this sort of sh*t wants stopping and perhaps then the tossers who chant about Hillsborourgh can be shamed into stopping as well. We are Liverpool FC the best supporters in the world start acting like it.

Sorry rant over and I apologise for posting it in this thread

It’s fantastic to go into Wednesday game on high and back on track, and with 1-0 victory the lad’s feet should still firmly be on the ground

I totally agree, Munich chants etc are sick, there should be no place in the game for that...
      I agree with much of what you said in your post Venison, but I thought one or two players were anonymous in the second half, however, we should have had the points in the bag by then because we were excellent in the first half. 

Dirk Kuyt does work his bollocks off for the team, and sometimes that's a thankless task, but I don't agree with Rafa when he says, 'Kuyt adds width to the team.'
      I think he does work hard out on the right, but he isn't a natural right sided player and that is sometimes obvious.  I'm not the biggest fan of Pennant, but I think he is a better option on the right, but a win's a win and yesterday we showed that we are very much a class above Everton.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #142: Mar 31, 2008 12:54:06 pm
      First of all if I hear one more ‘pundit’ saying how Everton didn’t turn up I will get more than a tad miffed! We played them off the park yesterday and although they had some of the ball in the second half I think this was mainly due to the fact that we let them as we had the game totally under control.
      Although Dirk played quite well out on the wing and his tackling back was fantastic the minute he appeared in the box the frailties in his attacking prowess where exposed again, the lad is a mystery to me as never before have I seen a striker who has scored a goal or two in his time lose his touch so spectacularly and surely if he doesn’t start finding his touch soon his stay of execution by playing on the wing will soon end. Ryan played quite well and if he can get his crossing a little more consistent a lot more damage will be caused, I also thought for the second week running he had the opposing team’s right back scared silly granted not as scared as Jagielka when Stevie G was chasing back after him but scared just the same.

It was a shame Masch was missing as I thought Xabi and Lucas where largely ineffectual they both seemed to give the ball away too much and Lucas especially was slack on more than one occasion which led to Gerrard bollocking having a chat with him.
      But both players improved as the game went on and I thought they helped with the containment plan in the second half. Defensively I was more than impressed with Skrtel so much so that I would have him as my man of the match, solid , quick and some great distribution in the face of the Bluesh*tes airborne division really does give him more credit to an ever growing reputation. Sami next to him rolled back the years and I thought they made an excellent pairing, JC was solid and got a couple of nosebleeds after crossing the halfway line more times than he has in his career!

I don’t want to go through the whole team but besides Torres turning in another great game I would like to give an honourable mention to Stevie G who in the face of bitter and twisted bile hurled at him by the trolls in the Annie rd end stood his ground, he tackled superbly he drove forward when possible nearly scoring in the process and above all I thought he led from the front and turned in a truly inspiring captains performance.

Altogether now “if you know your history” ;D

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #143: Mar 31, 2008 01:44:26 pm
      were all going to Moscow
      your all going to tescos

Ha ha quality only bettered by that manc t**t Neville having a sulk when he was subbed. The peoples club my arse they were found out for what they really are yesterday. Was great sat with blues in the pub yesterday telling me with ten minutes to go itll finish 1-all...ye have to have a shot first lads!!

Thought Skrtel played well yesterday and again Kuyty worked his arse off. Dont think we played overly well but we were on top for the entire game Babel is frustrating at the minute cos its not happening for him but it will so lets keep faith with the kid     

Those of you from the area enjoy the bragging rights for the next few months  ;D

Y.N.W.A
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #144: Mar 31, 2008 01:52:33 pm
      Great game yesterday and I agree with the comments about Skrtel he's really settling in well now and looks like a Carra in the making with his no give up determination and balls to go for anyone who shows a threat, top man 10/10.

Reina had a good game too and I believe it was mentioned yesterday during the game that if he kept a clean sheet he would set a new all time goalkeeping record for the first 100 games, well done lad!  Carra put in a good performance too on the right as always but I don't think he should play there too often.  Lucas had a good game too as did he in the last derby I think it will be good for him to get a few more games if (or when) Masch gets anymore games suspended he's promising talent.

Gerrard  played well also I was surprised when Gerrard he had a shot from 30 yards that he did not score, me and the missus were just saying that it's around now when he scores from that distance then seconds later he belted the post with one.  Kuyt too had a decent attempt from the angle but they were lucky on that one.  Riise looked like getting one too and probably would have done had Babel not been in the way ;D oh yea Babel he was good wasn't he? with a couple of solo efforts that a few more games practice will iron out and start him off on his journey to be Liverpool's next stealth hitman.

I should have put money on Torres to score the 100th goal but I bet the odds would not make it worth while, he played with good pace and alertness nice of Alonso to win it back for us and Torres was just there then you knew what was gonna happen and credit to him there was little space in which to turn and shoot but he managed it with style.

bob_blah
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #145: Mar 31, 2008 03:32:48 pm
      They were singing about Michael Shields mate. (regarding the size of his backside passage).
      Also singing to Gerrard regarding 'The babies not yours'
      Typical low life from them !

And regarding there banner - well lets just say I overtook at least 4 blueshite cars on the M6 Northbound after the match.

Another couple of cracking chants from the Kop were :-

Feed the Yak and He'll get fat

And

Your just a Fat Purple Aki (regarding Yakubu again)  :lmao:

Thanks fer the info mrtommo, why is it that some people just don't know where the line is drawn?

This is why tv (even HD) will never replace going to a live match - you just don't get the full experience.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #146: Mar 31, 2008 03:56:51 pm
      My personal rankings for the game

Reina - 6/10 had F**k all to do

Skrtel 9/10 not a foot wrong MoM
      Hyypia 8/10 not a foot wrong not MoM because he is Massive
      Riise 7/10 even decent on crosses!

Kuyt 5/10 pretty useless... must go or improve, patience has run out...loved the guy
      Xabi 6/10 average... not convinced he should be here next season
      Lucas 6/10 average... did not impress in a critical match
      Babel 5/10 bad show... many chances to impress did not deliver

Gerrard 8/10 played his scouse heart out
      Torres 8/10 took his chance welll

You forgot Carragher
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #147: Mar 31, 2008 04:06:28 pm

Carragher 8/10 - solid

Carragher 8/10 - solid
      Carragher 8/10 - solid
      Carragher 8/10 - solid
      Carragher 8/10 - solid

Carragher 8/10 - solid
      Carragher 8/10 - solid
      Carragher 8/10 - solid
      Carragher 8/10 - solid

Carragher 8/10 - solid
      Carragher 8/10 - solid

Dreaming of a team of Carras!

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #148: Mar 31, 2008 04:40:52 pm
      The thing that got me, was that in the second half, we did not play too well compaired to the first half, and yet despite them having a lot of the ball they were still sh!te, this was a Derby game and they just did not have it in them to really push us, and they are 5th in the league!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #149: Mar 31, 2008 04:45:12 pm
      The thing that got me, was that in the second half, we did not play too well compaired to the first half, and yet despite them having a lot of the ball they were still sh!te, this was a Derby game and they just did not have it in them to really push us, and they are 5th in the league!

Yea I know what you mean they had a few half chances but they just could not get a decent run going and if I was Moyes (urgh) I'd kick Yakubu up the ass to earn his crust!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #150: Mar 31, 2008 04:49:14 pm
      Yea I know what you mean they had a few half chances but they just could not get a decent run going and if I was Moyes (urgh) I'd kick Yakubu up the ass to earn his crust!

Everton looked seriously tired in the 2nd half. Our tempo in the 1st half shagged them to pieces.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #151: Mar 31, 2008 04:57:45 pm
      Everton looked seriously tired in the 2nd half. Our tempo in the 1st half shagged them to pieces.

And that was just Kuyt playing piggie in the middle with them!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #152: Mar 31, 2008 05:09:50 pm
      I'm totally hung over today and feel very ill! But it was worth it, not the greatest of games but any win in a derby is sweet!
      I loved the Kop singing "Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic!" it took me back 30 years! 5 points ahead and a bit of breathing space is nice. Of course Moyes is trying to belittle The Reds with his sour comments, proving again he lacks class! Why doesn't he just enjoy what has been a very good season for Everton? Arsenal are now in our sights, can we beat them 3 times? I don't know, but not being a greedy man I'd settle for two wins and a draw! ;)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #153: Mar 31, 2008 05:17:02 pm
      Go on then if that draw is going to be at home! ;D
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #154: Mar 31, 2008 05:18:36 pm
      Arsenal are now in our sights, can we beat them 3 times? I don't know, but not being a greedy man I'd settle for two wins and a draw! ;)

I dunno they had a hell of a come back @ the Reebok on Saturday from 2-0 down @ half time to win 3-2.  I think it also weights heavily on our defence of which will be a killer to try and keep the players rotated and ready and no Intadje in the CL either I doubt.  But I gotta say we would do well to win the last two but in reality I see us snatching a point from the first, would take none or 1 in the league (it's easier than saying the L word) and winning the return leg @ Anfield.

Something tells me that Rafa may use Intadje in the league game actually as least reina will be rested a bit more and when you look at the grand scheme of things they will probably wanna do the same and use Lehman.
      « Last Edit: Mar 31, 2008 05:22:50 pm by AJ »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #155: Mar 31, 2008 05:20:33 pm
      I dunno they had a hell of a come back @ the Reebok on Saturday from 2-0 down @ half time to win 3-2.  I

With 10 men.

We should not under-estimate Arsenal - it will be to our loss if we do.

I expect two very hard games. Really hard.

IRWT
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #156: Mar 31, 2008 05:34:14 pm
      Had a great day in work today, funny enough Bluesh*te fans were very quiet - Wonder why ?  :lmao:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #157: Mar 31, 2008 06:18:50 pm
      Completely forgot about that 100 goal thing.  Torres, in the Derby, perfect.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #158: Mar 31, 2008 06:19:42 pm
      Had a great day in work today, funny enough Bluesh*te fans were very quiet - Wonder why ?  :lmao:

None in my work, the only lad is off sick.  Funny that considering they are the 'people's club here in Merseyside'.

There are about 10 Liverpool fans and 1 Evertonian.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #159: Mar 31, 2008 06:20:14 pm
      Completely forgot about that 100 goal thing.  Torres, in the Derby, perfect.

Oh Yeah, so did I JD - that makes it all the more sweeter  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #160: Mar 31, 2008 06:58:43 pm
      I loved the Kop singing "Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic!" it took me back 30 years!

Nice one Crazy Horse!! I'd forgot about that. Was great to hear the Kop singing that, it made me think about singing it in school after we'd won a derby game.
      Gave a few bluenose lads at work a lesson in the Torres song today. And there was nothing they could say.  ;D

Quick Reply