Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Match Thread Liverpool V Everton

Read 9634 times
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Re: Match Thread Liverpool V Everton
      Reply #161: Mar 31, 2008 07:01:41 pm
      Enjoy your gloating redkenny! Its your duty to make the Bitters suffer in the wake of every Derby defeat!!  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #162: Mar 31, 2008 07:10:36 pm
      Damn right it is mate. Hope you're enjoying the gloating as well. And I know what you meant about the hangover being worth it.  ;) If I wasn't working today I would have been in the same boat. But work was actually very good today.  ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #163: Mar 31, 2008 11:40:32 pm
      I haven't seen the goal yet :( I've heard about Rafa moaning about chants to the Liverpool players by Everton fans.. can anyone tell me what these chants were??
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #164: Mar 31, 2008 11:48:14 pm
      I loved the Kop singing "Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic!" it took me back 30 years!

I started that! :D Was dead proud of meself! :D

Some of the chants we came out with were terrific too, had me pissing myself the whole game through!

I haven't seen the goal yet :( I've heard about Rafa moaning about chants to the Liverpool players by Everton fans.. can anyone tell me what these chants were??

Chants about his personal life Nic! One being that his baby isn't his! Just shows how much they've got on us, resorting to horrible sh*t like that! :-\ We'll just forever point to our European Cups and, now, how they aren't Scousers anymore! :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #165: Mar 31, 2008 11:59:24 pm
      Actually, I didn't hear Rafa mention any names who were on the receiving end when he talked about the abuse from fans. For all we know he could meant Lescott as well as Gerrard?

Did he specifically mention chants towards the Liverpool players?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #166: Apr 01, 2008 12:03:59 am
      Actually, I didn't hear Rafa mention any names who were on the receiving end when he talked about the abuse from fans. For all we know he could meant Lescott as well as Gerrard?

Did he specifically mention chants towards the Liverpool players?

Not specifically come to think about it, although that's the only chant I heard from the Blueshite all game! Pathetic aren't they?

Did anyone else hear them much, as I was the complete opposite corner in the Kop so it may have fizzled out when it reached me!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #167: Apr 01, 2008 12:26:59 am
      To be honest mate, I only heard a murmour out of them once or twice and I was in the Annie rd end. Heard the USA chant and the shitty Gerrard chant as well. They are a pathetic bunch indeed.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #168: Apr 01, 2008 04:24:15 pm
      Anyone who listens to talk sport maybe interested to know that Ian Wright and that doughnut Adrian Durham are at the moment discussing what is and isnt fair game to be sung at a player, Wright is arguing that songs aimed at the player himself are okay but once you bring the family into it its out of order,Durham is arguing that absolutely anything can be sung at a player because he gets paid enough to deal with such abuse.
      They are also asking the question why the friendly Derby isnt that friendly anymore.

Talk Sport Now

After the weekends fallout that is still going on about who did what to who what do you think is acceptable and have you ever heard anything sung that you think is totally out of order.
      For the record talksport fans of other clubs including Mancs are having a go at the bitterness of the blues! what a surprise. ::)

Police probe into Merseyside derby claims

POLICE were today due to speak to Liverpool and Everton FC officials after Sunday’s derby.

Officers were expected to investigate claims Blues captain Phil Neville, 31, was spat on and punched by Liverpool fans as he prepared to take a throw-in.

They are also looking at reports Anfield captain and England international Steven Gerrard, 27, was subjected to hate-filled chants about his daughter.

Cameras captured Neville being abused by several fans in the second half of Liverpool’s 1-0 victory, and police are planning to examine CCTV footage.

Today a police spokesman said: “We will be speaking to the clubs involved today.”

The force’s football liaison officer Dave Lewis, who travels with the teams when they play in Europe, will head the discussions.

Today Everton spokesman Ian Ross said: “We felt it necessary to try to involve the safety officers and police because we cannot have a situation where supporters are having physical contact with professional footballers during the game.

“We want to make sure that doesn’t happen again at the Merseyside derby or any other game.”

Responding to reports Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez was “very disappointed” by the attack on Gerrard he added: “Whilst we would never condone the singling out of individual players for vitriolic insults, it is a shame that Mr Benitez chose to ignore the actions of his own club’s supporters.

“Not only was Joleon Lescott subjected to an afternoon-long barrage of quite disgusting and quite audible abuse, Phil Neville was seemingly spat at several times and was also punched in the back by a supporter as he took a throw-in.

“We have asked Merseyside police and our safety officer to look into the matter.

“In calling for Everton supporters to respect his players Mr Benitez should, perhaps, remember his comments of 12 months ago when he sought to belittle one of world sport’s oldest and most respected institutions by describing us as a ‘small club’.

“Respect is a two-way street.”

« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2008 04:30:53 pm by Glenbuck »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #169: Apr 01, 2008 05:31:57 pm

“In calling for Everton supporters to respect his players Mr Benitez should, perhaps, remember his comments of 12 months ago when he sought to belittle one of world sport’s oldest and most respected institutions by describing us as a ‘small club’.

“Respect is a two-way street.”

Hanging onto that last piece of glory aren't they  :lmao: worlds most respected? No-ones heard of them apart from SK Brann!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #170: Apr 01, 2008 05:32:01 pm
      I saw where they are accusing the fans of hitting him and spitting on him. He was taking a throw in and there were about 4 or 5 fans leaning towards him. I dont particularly like neville due to him being an ex manc and where he is now obviously but i dont think he deserves that.

Although their saying things about stevie was a complete and utter disgrace.

Quick Reply