Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Best Rafa interview ever....probably!

Read 6589 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Best Rafa interview ever....probably!
      Reply #46: Apr 03, 2008 07:09:35 pm
      Got to be the best manager when it comes to interviews. Knows who and who not to tell things and always honest no matter what.

They always try and get things out of him and he just shows them that he is in control and always gives intellegent answer.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #47: Apr 03, 2008 07:23:28 pm
      They always try and get things out of him and he just shows them that he is in control and always gives intellegent answer.

Sooooo unlike Maureen in that regard... who would be soooo unlike LFC... but the exact reason why some in the media are hell bent on Rafa exiting the Prem league and Maureen to somehow attached himself to the Prem again... gave the endless amounts of reasons/qoutes for headlines and cheap/lazy/sensasionalist journalism.

Rafa trusts a few guys in the press... but very few... even gives live radio interviews to the press here, but still very rare... because at heart I understand that Rafael is actually a very shy man.

IRWT
      « Last Edit: Apr 03, 2008 07:26:17 pm by donrafael »
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #48: Apr 03, 2008 07:32:36 pm
      Best type of manager to have in all honesty. Doesnt cause unecessary controversy etc. Or put refs under pressure to cheat to win. Honest man who deserves alot more respect and alot less criticism than he gets.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #49: Apr 03, 2008 07:37:32 pm
      Best type of manager to have in all honesty. Doesnt cause unecessary controversy etc. Or put refs under pressure to cheat to win. Honest man who deserves alot more respect and alot less criticism than he gets.

Still has a MASSIVE pair of cojones on him, as he proves from time to time... as he "concentrates on coaching and trainning"... top man.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #50: Apr 03, 2008 07:41:50 pm
      True. I actually have alot of dislike for Pako after his betrayal now im glad rafa revealed it, he chose the right time to aswell and summed up just how much papers assume and give someone even more a bad image that they do not deserve after they portrayed the situation as rafa forced pako out of the club.

He has been betrayed by his best friend, the owners and even a few fans here and there this season and is still holding his head high.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #51: Apr 03, 2008 07:44:04 pm
      True. I actually have alot of dislike for Pako after his betrayal now im glad rafa revealed it, he chose the right time to aswell and summed up just how much papers assume and give someone even more a bad image that they do not deserve after they portrayed the situation as rafa forced pako out of the club.

He has been betrayed by his best friend, the owners and even a few fans here and there this season and is still holding his head high.

...maybe add a very tall player on the playing staff to that list...
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #52: Apr 03, 2008 09:28:40 pm
      Crouch hasnt done anything wrong though really, i dont think he would have spoke to other clubs he isnt the type atall
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #53: Apr 03, 2008 10:00:35 pm
      Crouch hasnt done anything wrong though really, I dont think he would have spoke to other clubs he isnt the type atall

Controversial. How do you know he isn't the type?  ;D

Seriously though, I think it's unfair Crouch getting hardly any time at all over the last few months. I believe he certainly offers a different and effective angle to our attack. And I think he would have bagged a good few goals if he'd been playing regularly alongside Torres.

The system that's been in place over the last eight or so games obviously doesn't cater for the way he plays, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have had a bit more action when coming on as a sub, when we've been in control and had games won. But, the important thing is, it's what came before the formation of late and he still wasn't really getting a look in.

All I can reflect on is that Rafa must have his reasons and we're not doing too bad without him lately. Still think he has something to offer the team though.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #54: Apr 03, 2008 10:39:29 pm
      Obviously i dont know 100% he wouldnt have but can anyone on here seriously see him of all people doing that kind of thing. He just wants some recognition that is all he is looking for, not asking for a big paycheck or his name all over the papers being praised just some recognition that he is a great player and can succeed at the top level.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #55: Apr 04, 2008 08:55:44 am
      Obviously I dont know 100% he wouldnt have but can anyone on here seriously see him of all people doing that kind of thing. He just wants some recognition that is all he is looking for, not asking for a big paycheck or his name all over the papers being praised just some recognition that he is a great player and can succeed at the top level.

Hence why he could talk to other teams. He wants game time and Rafa cant guarantee it to him right now so it may be time to move on. As much as i love the guy (as my name may suggest) he wont get a look in ever if we keep playing with this system. For the teams sake and the club's he should move on as all he could do is create unrest amongst those who also arent playing like JP or Yossi or maybe even Finn.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #56: Apr 04, 2008 11:27:09 am
      I think he should move on aswell for the sake of his own career but i seriously dont think he would speak to other clubs unless he was given permission to.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #57: Apr 04, 2008 11:42:16 am
      Im sure Rafa gave him permission to after he stalled.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #58: Apr 04, 2008 12:16:31 pm
      Truly fantastic interview!  As others have mentioned ,it is nice to see the Pako departure finally dealt with.
      He just comes over as the most focused manager we could possibly have to lead us, and he oozes integrity.
      A couple of questions though:-
      Where does this interview leave Crouch?
      All you Rafa detractors out there, who would you honestly repace him with?
      What could this man achieve with us with the correct backing?

Last but not least, thanks and well done to Guilleme Ballague, I wonder if this interview was conducted in Spanish and translated?
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #59: Apr 04, 2008 04:29:16 pm
      Last but not least, thanks and well done to Guilleme Ballague, I wonder if this interview was conducted in Spanish and translated?

Spanish.

Quick Reply