Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Chelsea

Read 402213 times
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Re: The Official Laugh at Chelsea Thread
      Reply #138: Aug 04, 2011 04:27:15 pm
      Thanks for the 50m Roman  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #139: Aug 07, 2011 05:02:43 am
      One in, one out at Chelsea

Sat, 06 Aug 21:13:09 2011

Chelsea have confirmed they have reached an agreement to sign teenage striker Romelu Lukaku from Anderlecht, while Yury Zhirkov's departure from Stamford Bridge has also been sealed.

The Blues have been in pursuit of the 18-year-old Brussels-born forward all summer but are now poised to complete a deal, subject to the player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

While Lukaku is poised to become Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas' third signing, the Portuguese has allowed Zhirkov to return to Russia, with Premier Liga side Anzhi Makhachkala confirming the player had signed a four-year contract.

Chelsea released a statement regarding the Lukaku deal which read: "An agreement has been reached with Anderlecht for the transfer to Chelsea of striker Romelu Lukaku.

"The move is now subject to the player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms."

EuroSport

I see they're, following our policy, also start signing kids with their team full of old ladies  :laugh:
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #140: Aug 08, 2011 12:41:16 am
      AVB moaning about City is laughable... pots and kettles!

Couldn't agree more
      the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #141: Aug 08, 2011 02:41:21 am
      Anzhi Makhachkala
      How the hell do you pronounce that?  ???
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #142: Aug 08, 2011 05:16:10 am
      ;D, found it amusing when Lukaku was asked what he liked about Chelsea.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #143: Aug 15, 2011 07:48:16 am
      AVB slams Stoke's physical play
      Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas described the pushing and shoving by Stoke's players as "out of this world" after their 0-0 draw.
      It was a frustrating debut for the 33-year-old Portuguese, who saw his side take control of the game in the second half without managing to break the deadlock.

Referee Mark Halsey turned down three concerted penalty appeals by Chelsea but it was the degree of physical contact in both boxes that vexed Villas-Boas.

He said: "A point I want to make when you are playing difficult games like this one is the amount of pushing and grabbing in the box, because it's out of this world.

"We are okay to deal with Stoke's set plays and we were competent enough to avoid the dangers they cause. We know the amount of goals they score with these set plays. But I think there's a limit to the pushing and grabbing, it makes it impossible."

Villas-Boas believes extra attention should be paid by referees to the issue and thinks the idea of additional officials is one that should be looked at.

He said: "Referees say these are the sort of details they are going to be aware of. It's difficult because they have to be aware of a number of situations but in this case maybe the referee needs some extra help.

"But there are no excuses because we were competent enough to defend those set plays, but it's a pity that it was happening."

The former Porto manager was not happy with the result but praised his side for the way they changed the game in the second half, and believes there are positive signs heading into the home matches against West Brom and Norwich.

Villas-Boas said: "I can't be pleased with a point but it's one of the most difficult grounds to play at. For our title challenge I would say one point at Stoke is not bad.

"It's not the greatest start to the Premier League of course, but we are happy we raised the level of the game in the second half.

"Unfortunately for us the goal didn't happen. We were close and we had the possession we wanted and we played in their half, the game looked more in our control, but I'm happy we were able to raise our level.

"It means against these kind of teams you are able to find space and create opportunities. Now we have to raise our game again for the two home games we have."

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item656297/AVB-slams-Stoke's-physical-play/

Welcome to the Premier League?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #144: Aug 16, 2011 12:34:08 am

Anelka wants to quit Chelsea

Published 23:01 15/08/11
      By Darren Lewis

Nicolas Anelka wants out of Chelsea after being overlooked in favour of Fernando Torres.

The French striker, 32, joined Didier Drogba in having to make way for the £50million man as Andre Villas-Boas builds his team around the Spain international.

But while 33-year-old Drogba is negotiating a contract extension at Stamford Bridge, Anelka - who has a year left on his contract - has had enough.

Villas-Boas is understood to be aware of Anelka’s desire to leave the west London club, but Chelsea say the striker has not handed in a transfer request.

It leaves the Portuguese coach considering his options as youngster Daniel Sturridge is also understood to be keen to play regular first-team football.

Ex-Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City and Bolton striker Anelka was a 66th-minute substitute in Sunday’s 0-0 draw at Stoke, with Torres starting as the lone striker.

Initially this summer, the French forward insisted he was keen to fight to convince Villas Boas that he should play a key role in the side.

Anelka said: “I still have one more year, and I am pleased with the work I’ve done since I came to Chelsea.

“I’m still here. I want to stay on until the end of my contract in one year and after that we will see what happens.

“I have never said I wanted to leave Chelsea. Even if there’s an offer from someone else, I don’t care because I’m seeing out my contract at the club.”

But he is now believed to have had an about-turn and is ready to listen to offers.

Anelka joined Chelsea from Bolton in January 2008 for £15million.

He is one of only three players to have won the Premier League with two clubs, having clinched the title as a youngster at Arsenal.

Anelka has also won the FA Cup twice with Chelsea, in 2009 and 2010, but it was his missed penalty in the 2008 Champions League Final that enabled Manchester United to triumph in Moscow.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Chelsea-Nicolas-Anelka-wants-transfer-following-opening-game-snub-just-weeks-after-saying-would-see-out-contract-exclusive-story-article785971.html
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #145: Aug 16, 2011 12:36:17 am
      Tittle completely contradicts the actual article, he says he wants to see out his contract, not quit.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #146: Aug 16, 2011 12:38:34 am
      Tittle completely contradicts the actual article,

Quelle surprise!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #147: Aug 16, 2011 02:14:01 pm
      Tittle completely contradicts the actual article, he says he wants to see out his contract, not quit.
      It's just tittle-tattle.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #148: Aug 18, 2011 09:08:09 am
      They've had a bid off 22 million rejected for Juan Mata
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #149: Aug 18, 2011 03:50:45 pm
      Cech out for around a month and their teenage keeper out on loan at Atletico, Hilario will be in goal.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #150: Aug 19, 2011 11:39:28 pm
      It is going to be weird not seeing Ancelotti on MOTD
      LFCexiled
      Reply #151: Aug 20, 2011 05:40:52 pm
      Probably won't last but 1-0 down to ultra-experienced manager hodgsons WBA in 4 minutes.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #152: Aug 20, 2011 07:10:30 pm
      Project Owl taking it to them...gotta love it. Thing is when Owl is supposed to lose his sides don't do half bad...problem is they can never win when they are supposed too.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #153: Aug 22, 2011 01:46:58 am
      Can't believe Juan Mata is going there?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #154: Aug 22, 2011 02:12:43 am
      He won't make a difference, think Chelsea with the way there playing, is a step back in his career.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #155: Aug 22, 2011 03:13:24 am
      I don't think Valencia to Chelsea is a step back considering he now has a chance of winning a domestic league.

I think he'll be good for them, though. He'll slot in for Malouda and they'll go back to Anelka/Mata playing off Torres/Drogba. Good combo.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #156: Aug 22, 2011 03:14:44 am
      I don't think Valencia to Chelsea is a step back considering he now has a chance of winning a domestic league.

I think he'll be good for them, though. He'll slot in for Malouda and they'll go back to Anelka/Mata playing off Torres/Drogba. Good combo.

I don't see them contending for the tittle this year, i think City are actually a bigger threat.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #157: Aug 22, 2011 03:17:31 am
      Think he'll be a success there. He'll fit in well with how AVB likes to play, if they can nab a center midfielder who is actually quick in possession (Modric is who they want obviously), they'll really be off the race for the title, I reckon.

Mata will be fine, and it's not a step back.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #158: Aug 22, 2011 12:44:24 pm
      I know Mata is a fantastic player but I hope he turns in the same kind of performances for Chelsea like he did in that friendly against us.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #159: Aug 22, 2011 04:00:56 pm

MATA DEAL AGREED

An agreement has been reached with Valencia CF for the transfer to Chelsea of midfielder Juan Manuel Mata.

The move is now subject to the player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2427778,00.html
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #160: Aug 22, 2011 06:48:18 pm
      It's not confirmed until Mac_Red comes in with his F***ing articles. :D

Quick Reply