Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Chelsea

Read 401491 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Chelsea
      Reply #2783: Jan 05, 2017 10:04:19 am
      I think they have Hull in between us & Leicester.

I won't hold my breath aba Leicester TBH.

Ok Hull will prob be an easy 3 points but Leicester are a very very weird team this season, when they bother to turn up they are still a dangerous team and they tend to turn up against the top teams, as for them missing Mahrez, will they even notice, he's been terrible in the league this season. I genuinely fancy Leicester to put up a fight, I bloody hope so anyway.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #2784: Jan 05, 2017 10:17:00 am
      The chavs have a really tricky January, they play Leicester away next which will not be easy as Leicester tend to raise their game against the big boys, as they did against Citeh then they have the trip to Anfield where I fancy us to beat them. I could see it in the Stoke game that they were starting to run a bit out of steam and I would not be surprised if they have a couple of draws and losses on the bounce now. What we need to do is focus on winning our games starting with the munts away which will not be easy, it never is.

The first half of the season seems to be a fairly tame affair not too many shock results but I would think the scenario for the 2nd half of the season will be a very different one. There will be quite a number of shock results in store and we just have to concentrate on our own game. Could Chelsea have peaked too early and have worn themselves out? Time will tell. On paper they have a far more expensive squad then us while we're lurking behind them ready to pounce. So, I'm not complaining. I would believe with another defeat or two they may slip into a little crisis.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #2785: Jan 05, 2017 11:40:02 am
      Well they won thirteen In a row and now it's only five points we must have been doing pretty good ourselves .most teams that go On a run like that are normally over the hill and gone .

Not just us either to be fair - City, Spurs and Arsenal aren't much further back. 

Although they lost last night - 39 points out of the last 42.  Insane really.  If they win 13 out of the final 18 they would probably win the league by some margin IMO.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2786: Jan 05, 2017 11:43:06 am
      Well they won thirteen In a row and now it's only five points we must have been doing pretty good ourselves .most teams that go On a run like that are normally over the hill and gone .

And most teams that lead at Christmas win the title.
      Only recent exceptions were both Liverpool. 08/09 & 13/14.
      Mind you could could also say that in both cases the teams that were 1st and 2nd swapped by the season's end so...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2787: Jan 05, 2017 12:00:23 pm
      Spurs game hopefully should be a blueprint of how to play them.

A bit like when we went to 3 at the back surprised it has not been found out earlier.

Match them up and exploit the defensive weakness of Alonso and Moses.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #2788: Jan 05, 2017 12:36:07 pm
      Not just us either to be fair - City, Spurs and Arsenal aren't much further back. 

Although they lost last night - 39 points out of the last 42.  Insane really.  If they win 13 out of the final 18 they would probably win the league by some margin IMO.

Don't think anyone is going to run away with it this year , while I'm as desperate as anyone else for us to win it I think it's a refreshing change for the league to see challenge at the top

Saying that I feel the next team to put a concerted effort and run together will be the ones who crack it ATM I just feel we are one or two players short of that run , hope I am wrong.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #2789: Jan 05, 2017 12:38:39 pm
      And most teams that lead at Christmas win the title.
      Only recent exceptions were both Liverpool. 08/09 & 13/14.
      Mind you could could also say that in both cases the teams that were 1st and 2nd swapped by the season's end so...

I'll finish that off let's hope it happens this time eh be plenty of ups and downs that's for sure .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2790: Jan 05, 2017 04:09:54 pm
      Don't think anyone is going to run away with it this year , while I'm as desperate as anyone else for us to win it I think it's a refreshing change for the league to see challenge at the top

Saying that I feel the next team to put a concerted effort and run together will be the ones who crack it ATM I just feel we are one or two players short of that run , hope I am wrong.

You are right we are 2 players short at the moment, but Couts and Matip are back soon ;-)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #2791: Jan 05, 2017 05:05:31 pm
      The likes of Costa and the other Prima Donnas are gonna be kicking off when the going gets tough.
      A few sendings off will F**k the Chavs right up.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2792: Jan 06, 2017 09:47:40 am
      Spurs game hopefully should be a blueprint of how to play them.

A bit like when we went to 3 at the back surprised it has not been found out earlier.

Match them up and exploit the defensive weakness of Alonso and Moses.

That was under Kenny wasn't it with a Glen Johnson last minute goal at the Bridge?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2793: Jan 12, 2017 10:54:48 pm
      Theyve had a period of stability, but now they will have to find a new RWB for the month. Terry misses this game, and it looks like they're planning on incorporating Ake into the team.

Could perhaps have a little slump themselves.

Question will then go be: Who can capitalise?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2794: Jan 12, 2017 11:54:45 pm
      but now they will have to find a new RWB for the month

Why?
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2795: Jan 13, 2017 05:37:23 am

Think he might be talking about that n*b Victor Moses heading to AFCON mate.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2796: Jan 13, 2017 07:40:17 pm
      Think he might be talking about that n*b Victor Moses heading to AFCON mate.

Exactly.

Costa has been dropped for the Leicester game at least too for an argument over his 'fitness.'

There's a bit of discontent around that place at the moment. Let's not forget this is quite a mercenary team we are talking about. None of them are there for the love of the club/fans. Inevitably as soon as these Chinese clubs show an interest the players there want out or become unsettled.

This is a club whos players have stopped playing for a lot of different managers, including the very special one. They could easily do the same thing again for Conte of their ego isn't massaged enough to their liking.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2797: Jan 13, 2017 07:41:06 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2798: Jan 13, 2017 08:08:51 pm
      Excellent stuff, hopefully the wheels will start to wobble and eventually fall off completely over the next few weeks  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #2799: Jan 13, 2017 08:13:08 pm
      China snapping up the Brazilians...

In Costa's case plastic Spaniard..
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #2800: Jan 13, 2017 08:25:39 pm
      China snapping up the Brazilians...

Lets hope they don't offer 60+ milion for Couts then
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2801: Jan 13, 2017 09:10:34 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #2802: Jan 13, 2017 11:35:46 pm
      This is a club whos players have stopped playing for a lot of different managers, including the very special one. They could easily do the same thing again for Conte of their ego isn't massaged enough to their liking

Here's hoping so. Their dip last season was mind boggling but i think Conte seems less polarising than Mourinho.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2803: Jan 14, 2017 12:03:48 am
      Lets hope they don't offer 60+ milion for Couts then

One big difference between Couts and Costa though.

Couts isn't a total c**t.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2804: Jan 14, 2017 01:07:58 am
      One big difference between Couts and Costa though.

Couts isn't a total c**t.

Agreed.
      Costa seems like he would be quite happy to go over to China and rake in his millions. Especially seeing as he wasn't able to return to Atletico last summer like he wanted and there doesn't seem to be any sight of them renewing their interest in taking him back now.

Coutinho is what, 23/24 years old, he's a smart lad, he wouldn't throw his career down the drain before he has even reached his peak.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2805: Jan 14, 2017 01:40:27 am
      In terms of the title race, fantastic news! In terms of my fantasy team, go F**k yourself! :D Now I have to mess around replacing him.

Quick Reply