Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Sheff Utd [Premier League] Sat 24th Oct @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 23rd of October and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W13 D8 L9

Chelsea

Read 272827 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,901 posts | 4250 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Chelsea
      Reply #3250: Jul 31, 2020 12:31:21 am
      Was there a reason why he was called Fat Frank?

Always baffled me to be honest. I've watched him throughout basically his whole career and never thought of him as being on the podgy side. Some players definitely were, but I didn't see him as one of them. Just thought it was weird every time I heard it

He likes to eat a lot of pies!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,617 posts | 821 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3252: Aug 01, 2020 11:28:34 pm
      He likes to eat a lot of pies!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Never thought of him as being fat though! Which is one small compliment I'll give the c**t 😂

Could understand it with the likes of Rooney
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      Reply #3253: Aug 02, 2020 11:41:34 am
      Sarri won the Europa League, finished 3rd and got to the final of the EFL Cup.

Lampard scraped 4th with less points than Sarri and failed to win a trophy, losing in the FA Cup to the team Sarri saw his side thump in the Europa League.

Not really sure how Sarri got so much stick and  lost his job whilst Fat Frank gets a free pass.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,713 posts | 1576 
      Reply #3254: Aug 02, 2020 12:01:21 pm
      Sarri won the Europa League, finished 3rd and got to the final of the EFL Cup.

Lampard scraped 4th with less points than Sarri and failed to win a trophy, losing in the FA Cup to the team Sarri saw his side thump in the Europa League.

Not really sure how Sarri got so much stick and  lost his job whilst Fat Frank gets a free pass.

English and a club "legend"

A bit like if Stevie took over from Jürgen and had a disappointing first season he would get a free pass too of course.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 981 posts | 125 
      Reply #3255: Aug 02, 2020 07:03:00 pm
      English and a club "legend"

A bit like if Stevie took over from Jürgen and had a disappointing first season he would get a free pass too of course.

I think there was always the expectation that after losing Hazard and the transfer ban they would have a poor season.
      If you want to talk about managers getting a free pass what about the guy who is in charge of a billion quids worth of talent and will probably only end up with an EFL cup to show for it?

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,542 posts | 958 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3256: Sep 01, 2020 09:02:24 pm
      Looks like they might sign Havertz.
      After signing Werner and Zijech.
      Might all take time to settle in, but some ability there if Lampard can integrate them well.
      Don't think they'll challenge us this season, but could close the gap.
      bigbob75
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 682 posts | 113 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3257: Sep 02, 2020 03:52:33 pm
      Slag cu*ts!
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 455 posts | 61 
      Reply #3258: Sep 11, 2020 10:51:25 am

the new big spending City
      Jürgen was very kind when he described their owners as " countries and oligarchs "
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,713 posts | 1576 
      Reply #3259: Sep 11, 2020 11:04:03 am

the new big spending City
      Jürgen was very kind when he described their owners as " countries and oligarchs "

Think they misheard Jürgen's german accent.
      What he actually described their owners as is those "cunty ogres".
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,869 posts | 2533 
      Reply #3260: Sep 11, 2020 11:17:23 am
      What their spending has done is put a massive spotlight on Lampard.

I'm still a bit amazed the amount of praise he got for last season where he finished lower than his predecessor with less points and minus a trophy that Sarri won as well.

Got lauded for promoting the youth then with a transfer ban had little option so will be very interesting to see how he manages the expectations.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,177 posts | 2494 
      Reply #3261: Sep 11, 2020 12:27:53 pm

I'm still a bit amazed the amount of praise he got for last season where he finished lower than his predecessor with less points and minus a trophy that Sarri won as well.

Got lauded for promoting the youth then with a transfer ban had little option so will be very interesting to see how he manages the expectations.

One thing is for sure, we play them at a very good time, because no way they integrate all those new pieces in 2 games.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,878 posts | 3832 
      Reply #3262: Sep 11, 2020 01:04:18 pm

The signings will cover his inability for awhile, but ultimately he will be exposed.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,936 posts | 603 
      Reply #3263: Sep 11, 2020 02:42:55 pm

Watched some sketches from a guy on Instagram imitating PL managers and when he was doing Lampard he says, “You know I’m a young manager and I took Derby from sixth to sixth and Chelsea from third to fourth, so I’ve done a good job”.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,617 posts | 821 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3264: Sep 11, 2020 02:45:21 pm

Think he did quite well all things considered. The big difference between the two was that Sarri obviously had Hazard, so Lampard's job was going to be that bit tougher. Thought expectations at the start of the season were ridiculous though - quite a few pundits were saying that a mid table finish wouldn't be so bad & I thought that was ridiculous. The squad he inherited was certainly good enough to both compete in & qualify for the Champions League & a lot of the "kids" he had in the side were top talents who had already been capped at international level.

I think his spending spree might come back to bite him on the arse a bit though. He's got an exceptional pool of young talent there in the likes of Abraham, Mount, Hudson Odoi who all preformed well last season to get them into the position they're in now, and it looks as though a lot of them will have to take a backseat in the coming season to make way for the glamorous new signings. It could cause a bit of disharmony in the squad as I imagine those players will feel as though they've been short-changed a bit by Lampard
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,901 posts | 4250 
      Reply #3265: Sep 12, 2020 12:13:43 am
      I really hope Timo Werner doesn't turn out to be some Premier League f**king Superstar!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 394 posts | 283 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3266: Sep 12, 2020 10:39:51 pm
      I really hope Timo Werner doesn't turn out to be some Premier League f**king Superstar!

Don't worry Aussie, he won't cos he don't play for the Red men  :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      Reply #3267: Sep 13, 2020 12:27:22 am

I’m hoping him and Pulisic pick up a knock this weekend because if our defence doesn’t sharpen up, they are going to rip it to pieces with their pace. It was brutal what Pulisic was doing to us last time out.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,901 posts | 4250 
      Reply #3268: Sep 13, 2020 01:42:25 am
      I’m hoping him and Pulisic pick up a knock this weekend because if our defence doesn’t sharpen up, they are going to rip it to pieces with their pace. It was brutal what Pulisic was doing to us last time out.

Spot on mate, can't afford any fucks up with both those playing against us.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,474 posts | 878 
      Reply #3269: Sep 15, 2020 11:26:10 am
      Chavs have now a deep squad with some quality players in it. Could they be a threat this year or do some of you have doubts Lampard has what it takes?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,177 posts | 2494 
      Reply #3270: Sep 15, 2020 11:47:27 am
      Chavs have now a deep squad with some quality players in it. Could they be a threat this year or do some of you have doubts Lampard has what it takes?

They have some good players now BUT how will the players from last season react to being pushed aside by the new recruits, does Lampard have enough of a personality to control all those bruised egos.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 338 posts | 91 
      Reply #3271: Sep 15, 2020 12:27:56 pm
      Some better finishing from Brighton last night they wouldn’t have lost. Didn’t think Chelsea were all that
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,901 posts | 4250 
      Reply #3272: Sep 22, 2020 12:44:58 am
      Hate these cu*ts. Sucked in arseholes!

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,542 posts | 958 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3273: Sep 25, 2020 08:42:31 pm
      Looks like the end of Kepa, Mendy signed.
      That was 71million well spent Roman   :jackoff:
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,025 posts | 99 
      Reply #3274: Sep 26, 2020 06:43:06 pm
      Wow 3-0 down 30 mins on the clock and now 55 mins gone in the 2nd half 3-1

Quick Reply