Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Community Shield] Sat 29th Aug @ 4:00 pm
      Wembley

Today is the 8th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Chelsea

Read 267984 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,603 posts | 4070 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Chelsea
      Reply #3250: Jul 31, 2020 12:31:21 am
      Was there a reason why he was called Fat Frank?

Always baffled me to be honest. I've watched him throughout basically his whole career and never thought of him as being on the podgy side. Some players definitely were, but I didn't see him as one of them. Just thought it was weird every time I heard it

He likes to eat a lot of pies!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,613 posts | 4527 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,217 posts | 642 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3252: Aug 01, 2020 11:28:34 pm
      He likes to eat a lot of pies!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Never thought of him as being fat though! Which is one small compliment I'll give the c**t 😂

Could understand it with the likes of Rooney
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,613 posts | 4527 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3253: Aug 02, 2020 11:41:34 am
      Sarri won the Europa League, finished 3rd and got to the final of the EFL Cup.

Lampard scraped 4th with less points than Sarri and failed to win a trophy, losing in the FA Cup to the team Sarri saw his side thump in the Europa League.

Not really sure how Sarri got so much stick and  lost his job whilst Fat Frank gets a free pass.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,317 posts | 1455 
      Reply #3254: Aug 02, 2020 12:01:21 pm
      Sarri won the Europa League, finished 3rd and got to the final of the EFL Cup.

Lampard scraped 4th with less points than Sarri and failed to win a trophy, losing in the FA Cup to the team Sarri saw his side thump in the Europa League.

Not really sure how Sarri got so much stick and  lost his job whilst Fat Frank gets a free pass.

English and a club "legend"

A bit like if Stevie took over from Jürgen and had a disappointing first season he would get a free pass too of course.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 956 posts | 121 
      Reply #3255: Aug 02, 2020 07:03:00 pm
      English and a club "legend"

A bit like if Stevie took over from Jürgen and had a disappointing first season he would get a free pass too of course.

I think there was always the expectation that after losing Hazard and the transfer ban they would have a poor season.
      If you want to talk about managers getting a free pass what about the guy who is in charge of a billion quids worth of talent and will probably only end up with an EFL cup to show for it?

Quick Reply