Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Chelsea

Read 396914 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Chelsea
      Reply #3312: May 30, 2021 12:50:15 pm
      You're just praying the same thing happens with Ole.

You've been on caf or read me very well, probably the latter.  ;D This is what I wrote.

I agree, it is a low standard for United and simply not good enough in my opinion. Ole is basically doing a Lampard. We now need a manager that can take us a step further. With what's available I could only see Poch & Rogers available but many won't like Rogers because of the Liverpool link.

Personally I don't have a issue with it for couple of reasons.
      (1) He's no Rafa
      (2) Liverpool fans didn't really take to him

I would argue the Liverpool job came too soon for Rogers and honestly think he's improved in the last few years. Plenty will argue he can't get Leicester over the line though. However, many would say the same about Ole.

We're just delaying the inevitable with Ole. He will get 3/4 players in summer which will undoubtably improve us. It's possible we may win a cup competition but is that enough? Personally I just want the holy grail back and winning the league. Cups are second best which also includes the CL I know many will question that but it's just my opinion, not saying I'm right it's just my preference.

Ps.. So yeah I'm praying.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3313: May 30, 2021 02:40:47 pm
      You've been on caf or read me very well, probably the latter.  ;D This is what I wrote.

I agree, it is a low standard for United and simply not good enough in my opinion. Ole is basically doing a Lampard. We now need a manager that can take us a step further. With what's available I could only see Poch & Rogers available but many won't like Rogers because of the Liverpool link.

(1) He's no Rafa

I would argue the Liverpool job came too soon for Rogers and honestly think he's improved in the last few years. Plenty will argue he can't get Leicester over the line though. However, many would say the same about Ole.

We're just delaying the inevitable with Ole. He will get 3/4 players in summer which will undoubtably improve us. It's possible we may win a cup competition but is that enough? Personally I just want the holy grail back and winning the league. Cups are second best which also includes the CL I know many will question that but it's just my opinion, not saying I'm right it's just my preference.

Oh and start panicking Keith, Chelsea only 1 CL behind you lot now!!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3314: May 30, 2021 02:44:25 pm
      The lesser of the 2 evils won though still wished somehow both could have lost.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #3315: May 30, 2021 03:39:01 pm

(1) He's no Rafa

Your lot are F***ing sh*te, and I love where you’re at now that you want a Liverpool cast off

Oh but if you do get him maybe learn how to spell his name  :roll:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3316: May 30, 2021 03:46:30 pm
      Your lot are f**king sh*te, and I love where you’re at now that you want a Liverpool cast off

Oh but if you do get him maybe learn how to spell his name  :roll:

Ok Heimy  ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3317: May 30, 2021 03:48:03 pm
      Oh and start panicking Keith, Chelsea only 1 CL behind you lot now!!

I'll start panicking when they catch our Premier League titles up.   ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3318: May 30, 2021 04:42:20 pm
      I'll start panicking when they catch our Premier League titles up.   ;)

That the Premier League title total or the combined total ;)
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #3319: May 30, 2021 04:44:36 pm

What? Heimy could hardly spell his own name, at least it’s only regular names you see about 5000 times a year you can’t spell

Weird state of affairs when they only count PL

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3320: May 30, 2021 05:32:53 pm

Any which we you call it  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3321: Aug 07, 2021 11:04:05 am
      Lukaku worth £93 million?

Never in a month of Sunday's. £50 million tops.....
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3322: Aug 07, 2021 11:12:05 am
      Lukaku worth £93 million?

Never in a month of Sunday's. £50 million tops.....

Yep he’s a donkey in my opinion. Mind you Pogba isn’t a 120m player either …
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3323: Aug 07, 2021 11:23:56 am
      Yep he’s a donkey in my opinion. Mind you Pogba isn’t a 120m player either …

Agree on both counts, mind you, glad they never got Haaland though so some relief for our clubs I suppose. With Liverpool not really improving there squad ( yet) and United stuck with Ole we're both struggling to keep up.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3324: Aug 07, 2021 11:49:03 am
      Guaranteed 25–30 goals a season. Exactly what Chelsea were missing last year with Werner misfiring.

Would be a good signing IMO and one that will bring them closer to the top.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3325: Aug 07, 2021 01:03:49 pm
      A Werner-Lukaku combo is strong so they undoubtedly get better even if Lukaku isn’t worth that kind of money
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3326: Aug 07, 2021 01:06:12 pm
      Btw, i read the manager and others at Inter are going mad about the owners selling Lukaku without consulting them and now owners are considering pulling out of the deal.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3327: Aug 07, 2021 01:43:22 pm
      Guaranteed 25–30 goals a season. Exactly what Chelsea were missing last year with Werner misfiring.

Would be a good signing IMO and one that will bring them closer to the top.

Don't think he's got 30 goals in his locker, 20 + yes...
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #3328: Aug 15, 2021 09:46:43 am
      As much as I dislike Chelsea and everything surrounding the club, Chalobah's reaction after scoring his first goal was refreshing. Pure, raw emotions... that's what football is all about. Also, it goes against everything that club stands for.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3329: Aug 15, 2021 02:06:19 pm
      As much as I dislike Chelsea and everything surrounding the club, Chalobah's reaction after scoring his first goal was refreshing. Pure, raw emotions... that's what football is all about. Also, it goes against everything that club stands for.

He has been there since he was Eight. Nice to see a home grown player make it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3330: Nov 23, 2021 10:30:59 pm
      If Tuchel keeps this up not only with he be manager of the year he could go above Klopp & Pep in the pepping order as best in the world. I can't believe his consistency of results not just in CL but our league.

Don't think I've ever ( certainly can't remember ) seen a manager come to a club in such a short space of time and stamp his own authority on how he wants them to play. Credit also to the players as they too have adapted very well to his style.

Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #3331: Nov 23, 2021 10:40:36 pm
      If Tuchel keeps this up not only with he be manager of the year he could go above Klopp & Pep in the pepping order as best in the world. I can't believe his consistency of results not just in CL but our league.

Don't think I've ever ( certainly can't remember ) seen a manager come to a club in such a short space of time and stamp his own authority on how he wants them to play. Credit also to the players as they too have adapted very well to his style.

Are you looking for a date? Juventus are busted and Chelsea will fall pretty soon.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3332: Nov 23, 2021 10:44:29 pm
      Are you looking for a date? Juventus are busted and Chelsea will fall pretty soon.

Wasn't you one of the ones that doubted him Isacc? I find it impossible to knock him in any department at the moment. I said while back they will concede less goals in the league than anyone this year. He's looking pretty good for that.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #3333: Nov 23, 2021 10:51:08 pm
      Wasn't you one of the ones that doubted him Isacc? I find it impossible to knock him in any department at the moment. I said while back they will concede less goals in the league than anyone this year. He's looking pretty good for that.

Yeah, on both counts. Their defensive record is impressive. But I F***ing hate his face! There's something about him that makes me think of concentration camps.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3334: Nov 23, 2021 10:56:05 pm
      Yeah, on both counts. Their defensive record is impressive. But I f**king hate his face! There's something about him that makes me think of concentration camps.

:lmao: Your actually right, that or he needs to put weight on  ;D  There's just no signs of them dropping off, if anything improving. Might be changing my favs for the league ( city ) at Christmas if this form keeps up.

Quick Reply