Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Chelsea

Read 400463 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Re: Chelsea
      Reply #3565: Mar 11, 2022 01:33:01 pm
      If Nike walks away then it'd be F***ing brilliant. Chelsea having to spend the rest of their season playing in dyed blue PE kits. F***ing piss myself laughing
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3566: Mar 11, 2022 02:27:02 pm
      if people are so angered by what is going on elsewhere in the  world (and there are some pretty awful things happening daily) start a thread and enlighten the forum to the difficulties the people of these countries live with.
      Chelsea is owned by a man part of the Oligarch system money stolen from the ordinary people of Russia . City have their own thread this is about a Club financed by a supporter of Putin and who were the first to really corrupt the premier league with its money.
      I hope they all fall and players have to live on a miserly £5k or £6k a week and ticket prices become affordable for people who actually live in walking distance of the ground. Unfortunately we live in a very materialistic greedy world so I wont hold my breath.
      I will cheer if Chelsea fall apart ..its a start
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3567: Mar 11, 2022 05:18:33 pm
      Wow things not looking good for Chelsea in the future
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3568: Mar 11, 2022 05:32:27 pm
      If Nike walks away then it'd be f**king brilliant. Chelsea having to spend the rest of their season playing in dyed blue PE kits. F***ing piss myself laughing

They could just play ‘skins’. Maybe use a marker pen to write a sponser on their chest.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3569: Mar 11, 2022 09:20:02 pm
      Accounts temporarily suspended by the bank.
      Heard some talk that if players not paid, they can contractually leave after 3 weeks or something. Dunno is that's right.
      Though not sure when players might stop getting paid, as they said earlier the club would keep paying staff.
      And sponsers like Three have suspended their deals. Would that mean removing brands from shirts for matches?!
      Coming down hard on the club, the Russian chickens seem to have come home to roost.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #3570: Mar 11, 2022 09:38:34 pm
      Accounts temporarily suspended by the bank.
      Heard some talk that if players not paid, they can contractually leave after 3 weeks or something. Dunno is that's right.
      Though not sure when players might stop getting paid, as they said earlier the club would keep paying staff.
      And sponsers like Three have suspended their deals. Would that mean removing brands from shirts for matches?!
      Coming down hard on the club, the Russian chickens seem to have come home to roost.

Yup. Just saw Barclays has frozen Chelsea's credit cards
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #3571: Mar 11, 2022 10:05:16 pm
      The only people I feel a little bit sorry for are the club employees. Those that do not earn millions every week. For most of them, it's just a job and I sincerely hope they'll keep getting paid.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3572: Mar 12, 2022 11:21:18 am
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      Reply #3573: Mar 12, 2022 11:52:21 am
      No doubt it will be the lower grade employees who will be last in line, just like the noble cu*ts we have who tried to furlough our employees
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      Reply #3574: Mar 12, 2022 11:54:26 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3575: Mar 12, 2022 12:31:09 pm
      Breaking...

Roman Abramovich: Premier League disqualifies Chelsea owner as director of club
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      Reply #3576: Mar 13, 2022 03:13:41 pm
      Classless cu*ts aren’t singing the chairman’s name now are they
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3577: Mar 13, 2022 07:34:43 pm
      So how come they still have ‘3’ on their shirt when the company asked the chavs not to display their logo anymore?
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #3578: Mar 13, 2022 09:09:09 pm
      Cech quoted today saying he doesn’t know if they can even finish the season.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      Reply #3579: Mar 13, 2022 09:10:29 pm
      Cech quoted today saying he doesn’t know if they can even finish the season.

Something tells me…….
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #3580: Mar 13, 2022 09:15:02 pm
      You spend two decades buying your status in football with dirty money whilst acting with no class or grace about them. If they go to the wall then F**k them - they 100% deserve it. Not an ounce of sympathy.

Fingers crossed they do.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #3581: Mar 13, 2022 09:19:08 pm
      You spend two decades buying your status in football with dirty money whilst acting with no class or grace about them. If they go to the wall then f**k them - they 100% deserve it. Not an ounce of sympathy.

Fingers crossed they do.

As I understand it, they can’t generate new revenue so they have to pay all expenses from cash on hand? Or is that frozen too? And if that’s the case, how are they paying bills?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #3582: Mar 14, 2022 07:08:16 pm
      Heard that the Saudis are in for this lot as well but then it was denied.

Apparently, for them, owning Chelsea would undermine the moral integrity of the Saudi state.
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts | 64 
      Reply #3583: Mar 14, 2022 07:11:36 pm
      Just read this comment in the german "Kicker". Thought it is worth to post it here.

"""Executions? Next question: what Chelsea's game against Newcastle proves.

Chelsea v Newcastle on Sunday wasn't just about football, it was about war and executions. When will the Premier League realize they took a wrong turn?

There has always been (be)heading and shooting in football, but this time the game was actually about executions, about the real, intentional killing of people, that was new. Welcome to the Premier League of 2022.

When Chelsea welcomed Newcastle United on Sunday, a week before the start of spring, even a riot newspaper like the "Daily Mail", which actually feels quite comfortable in the gloomy, saw "one of the darkest days in English football of all time" coming.

"We are richer than you," chanted the Newcastle fans
      The hosts: a traditional club that lived well off the dubious money of a Russian oligarch for 19 years without ever asking a critical question; and which is now even threatened with bankruptcy because this oligarch is said to have a sticky closeness to Vladimir Putin, the initiator of a war of aggression in the middle of Europe.

The guest: a traditional club that a consortium from the Saudi Arabian sovereign wealth fund was allowed to take over a few months ago, a country in which 81 people were officially executed the day before the game and which has been at war in Yemen for years.

And then there were the fans. Here are those from Chelsea, some of whom once again couldn't resist singing about "their" Roman Abramovich, and among whom nobody apparently had the idea of ​​displaying the banner with the Russian flag and the inscription "The Roman Empire" ( Roman's empire); there those from Newcastle, some of whom wrapped themselves in Saudi Arabia flags and sang "We are richer than you".

After the final whistle, Newcastle coach Howe made a fool of himself
      Rarely has the proof been so impressive: Sportswashing, the effort to improve one's reputation through investing in sport, works extremely well. If you support my favorite club, I support you too. And anyone who asks critical questions only wants to harm my club.

When Eddie Howe was asked about the 81 executions after the game, he "just wanted to answer questions about the game" as if it were that easy when you were Newcastle manager. "My focus is on getting enough points to stay in the league," he said, reflecting the embarrassing attitude of too many fans. He was only "bitterly disappointed" by the 1-0 defeat. What's more important than staying up?

The Premier League is partly responsible for the fact that such somewhat different, somewhat bloodier "derbies" as at Stamford Bridge are possible at all and are being held more and more frequently - see ManCity, see Everton. To this day, human rights play no part in the aptitude test, which the PL uses to check whether a potential investor is "fit and proper". The world's most popular football league urgently needs to make improvements here, and according to recent reports it is now even considering it after talks with "Amnesty International".

It would be a first small step out of the impasse into which, despite all warnings, PL entered a long time ago, stubbornly ignoring opportunities to turn around. Perhaps the PL too, who willingly polishes the image of shady regimes, will soon understand that its image is also being damaged in the process.

Comment from Jorn Petersen"""
      https://www.kicker.de/hinrichtungen-naechste-frage-was-chelseas-spiel-gegen-newcastle-beweist-893982/artikel
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2022 07:19:06 pm by Stoertebembel »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #3584: Mar 15, 2022 02:43:26 pm
      After learning that they won't be able to bring any away fans to Middlesborough what do Chelsea go and propose to the FA?

That the match be played behind closed doors, thus punishing Middlesborough severely.

Their lack of class knows no bounds. A rotten carcass of a club.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3585: Mar 15, 2022 03:27:37 pm
      Some neck these cnuts
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3586: Mar 15, 2022 04:12:23 pm
      well played boro, well played
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #3587: Mar 15, 2022 04:20:58 pm
      After learning that they won't be able to bring any away fans to Middlesborough what do Chelsea go and propose to the FA?

That the match be played behind closed doors, thus punishing Middlesborough severely.

Their lack of class knows no bounds. A rotten carcass of a club.

At least they're consistent.
      cu*ts till the end.

Quick Reply