Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Chelsea

Read 401941 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Chelsea
      Reply #3841: Aug 15, 2023 10:24:32 pm

Would you complain though if you supported chavs?
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 831 posts | 298 
      Reply #3842: Aug 15, 2023 11:14:06 pm
      Would you complain though if you supported chavs?

It's still early days in this new period for Chelsea. When Leeds United were buying up a few big name players and playing in the champions league very few of their fans were complaining. Then they got into financial trouble and dropped down the leagues. I think there are a few other examples of clubs who got themselves into financial trouble, Barcelona being another current example.

Chelsea have been throwing money around and paying over the market price for lots of players. Maybe they have a wealthy person, or a wealthy state, in the background that is happy to bankroll this. Maybe their new way of working with the long contracts will work.
      It didn't work last season and I personally hope they fail. I don't particularly hate Chelsea as a club I just think that them failing would be better for football, to encourage other clubs to be more financially responsible.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3843: Aug 16, 2023 03:34:49 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3844: Aug 16, 2023 08:29:38 am

Maybe  that wealthy person in the back ground is Abramovich? Is it possible he still owns it or indeed partners with Boehly? Seriously I wouldnā€™t rule out both equations. We know these people are extremely clever about getting round the system.

Personally Iā€™ve always thought Abramovich never left, heā€™s just the silent partner with others pulling his strings for him.

Food for thought Gaz. 😎
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3845: Aug 16, 2023 08:53:14 am
      It's still early days in this new period for Chelsea. When Leeds United were buying up a few big name players and playing in the champions league very few of their fans were complaining. Then they got into financial trouble and dropped down the leagues. I think there are a few other examples of clubs who got themselves into financial trouble, Barcelona being another current example.

Chelsea have been throwing money around and paying over the market price for lots of players. Maybe they have a wealthy person, or a wealthy state, in the background that is happy to bankroll this. Maybe their new way of working with the long contracts will work.
      It didn't work last season and I personally hope they fail. I don't particularly hate Chelsea as a club I just think that them failing would be better for football, to encourage other clubs to be more financially responsible.

Clearlake have Saudi backers.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #3846: Aug 16, 2023 09:42:07 am

PIF have billions worth of investments in Clearlake
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 831 posts | 298 
      Reply #3847: Aug 16, 2023 01:11:42 pm
      PIF have billions worth of investments in Clearlake

The manager and people at Chelsea still have to get all those players organised into a team that can win games while staying within (a very weakly administered) FFP. It's not guaranteed that buying loads of expensive players will automatically result in success.
      It still looks very chaotic, no clear evidence that they are buying players to fit together to become a team.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3848: Aug 16, 2023 01:17:23 pm
      Reading they are getting more players in. FFS how many do they need, is it now just a case of buy anyone before the rival can. l o l
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #3849: Aug 16, 2023 01:23:08 pm
      The manager and people at Chelsea still have to get all those players organised into a team that can win games while staying within (a very weakly administered) FFP. It's not guaranteed that buying loads of expensive players will automatically result in success.
      It still looks very chaotic, no clear evidence that they are buying players to fit together to become a team.

The manager is a puppet there

Boehly is playing real life FIFA and just buying what he can

Pochettino is a good manager but so was Tuchel

I suspect Pochettino wonā€™t last long
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 831 posts | 298 
      Reply #3850: Aug 16, 2023 01:49:39 pm
      The manager is a puppet there

Boehly is playing real life FIFA and just buying what he can

Pochettino is a good manager but so was Tuchel

I suspect Pochettino wonā€™t last long

Agree. I think there were reports last season that Boehly was going into the dressing room after games to try his hairdryer, allegedly on Raheem Sterling.

I don't know if he's spending his own money, Abramovich's, PIF's or someone else's but I don't expect them to get into the top 4. Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Newcastle, even Tottenham and United appear to be run better.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #3851: Aug 16, 2023 01:51:02 pm
      Agree. I think there were reports last season that Boehly was going into the dressing room after games to try his hairdryer, allegedly on Raheem Sterling.

I don't know if he's spending his own money, Abramovich's, PIF's or someone else's but I don't expect them to get into the top 4. Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Newcastle, even Tottenham and United appear to be run better.

Itā€™s all Clearlakeā€™s money which is coming from Saudi
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3852: Aug 16, 2023 01:57:03 pm
      I hate seeing Chelsea sign some of the players I love. Michael Olise going there now, apparently.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3853: Aug 16, 2023 02:22:07 pm
      I hate seeing Chelsea sign some of the players I love. Michael Olise going there now, apparently.

Even City losing out to Chelsea
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #3854: Aug 17, 2023 12:38:23 am

:lmao: :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3855: Aug 17, 2023 06:35:07 am
      Easier said than done now. Itā€™s just getting harder and harder. Itā€™s literally impossible to always spend wisely as mistakes will/do happen.

Perfectly true, Iā€™m of the opinion now that our owners have reached a crossroads with us, in short they have taken us as far as they are prepared to go,
      Yes we still have monies to spend, but the last two weeks have shown us where they stand, they will put offers on the table, but their wage structure is miles off what the oilyā€™s can offer , as well as that Cnut Boely, and we will get Gazumped each and every time a club will/ can offer a better wage than what FSG can,

So either FSG change, or sell up and move on, Newcastle for what itā€™s worth, are doing things the right way, their awash with money but are staying within FFP, and wee Eddy is building gradually and will within the next season or so, will have built a Title winning side,
      Their progress is admirable, after only one year they have CL status, and perhaps this season being a bit early for a title win, we canā€™t rule them out, their almost a shoe in top 4, anyhoo, getting back to us and FSGā€¦..

Last year they said they were open to new investors coming in, donā€™t think anything significant has happened in that regard, I think they will have a pow wow in the boardroom and iron out where to go nextā€¦.and that could mean a total sell outā€¦.and a very possible oily take overā€¦..going to be a very interesting next 12 months thatā€™s for sureā€¦..

Personally I hope they stay, but with a major investor providing the necessary funds that will allow us to get transfer targets over the lineā€¦..akin to Newcastle, where the funds are readily available when and if we need it !!

YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #3856: Aug 17, 2023 06:44:01 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3857: Aug 17, 2023 08:49:32 am

Perfectly true, Iā€™m of the opinion now that our owners have reached a crossroads with us, in short they have taken us as far as they are prepared to go,
      Yes we still have monies to spend, but the last two weeks have shown us where they stand, they will put offers on the table, but their wage structure is miles off what the oilyā€™s can offer , as well as that Cnut Boely, and we will get Gazumped each and every time a club will/ can offer a better wage than what FSG can,

So either FSG change, or sell up and move on, Newcastle for what itā€™s worth, are doing things the right way, their awash with money but are staying within FFP, and wee Eddy is building gradually and will within the next season or so, will have built a Title winning side,
      Their progress is admirable, after only one year they have CL status, and perhaps this season being a bit early for a title win, we canā€™t rule them out, their almost a shoe in top 4, anyhoo, getting back to us and FSGā€¦..

Last year they said they were open to new investors coming in, donā€™t think anything significant has happened in that regard, I think they will have a pow wow in the boardroom and iron out where to go nextā€¦.and that could mean a total sell outā€¦.and a very possible oily take overā€¦..going to be a very interesting next 12 months thatā€™s for sureā€¦..

Personally I hope they stay, but with a major investor providing the necessary funds that will allow us to get transfer targets over the lineā€¦..akin to Newcastle, where the funds are readily available when and if we need it !!

YNWA

The whole of football and how it works is becoming ridiculous and the sad thing about it is we have to except it, trust me it isnā€™t going to get better anytime soon.

The majority were saying Newcastle wouldnā€™t put a challenge in for PL in 10 years despite the money ( I said less than 5 )  but already looking like they could be top 4 again. Donā€™t think they can win the league with Howe though, I doubt he has the cutting edge to go that far but credit where itā€™s due, heā€™s done well.

Many of you lot blame FSG for losing Caicedo & Lavia  but I donā€™t see it the same way ( just my opinion) I was shocked, just like the rest of you with the massive bids you came out with for both players, more so Caicedo. Iā€™m now seeing the future 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø I can see ( in places like the chavs,city,Newcastle )  offering less for transfers but more in wages knowing the greed of todays footballer  theyā€™d refuse to go anywhere else, the players simply canā€™t loss.

Iā€™m taking a guess here so let presume Liverpool offered Caicedo Ā£200/250k a week? and allegedly chavs  was over 300k, I did hear Ā£315k but itā€™s only based of what Iā€™ve read.  Why would a player go to Liverpool or indeed any club. 99% of players will always go where the money is now. No such thing as loyalty anymore, is simply who offers the most and theyā€™re off.

You lot had already had plenty of  experience of losing players to the Oilys purely based on wages alone. The list is frightening where all the OAPs are leaving. Hendo, Ronaldo, Mane, Neymar, Firmino, Benzema, Maxmin,  Kante, Mahrez, Koulibaly and no doubt more to follow. I honestly believe Salah is going, itā€™s just a question of when.

Iā€™m afraid FSG wonā€™t change, much as I personally thought they played their part for you in summer window the infrastructure they use simply wouldnā€™t allow it and I can see why. They do have to sell up for a sugar daddy if youā€™re going to match other clubs. No doubt some will say youā€™ve had success the way FSG run the business but thatā€™s mainly down to Klopp, take him away and you would still be counting 31 years + for the PL.

I donā€™t think an investor is the right way Billy, I think itā€™s all or nothing.

On the bright side ( well for me it is 🤪 ) my Ā£50 looking a bit better now. Somewhat surprised though after selling your OAPs it looks like youā€™re bringing another one in. 😂  Iā€™ve been in this position at United, we both know itā€™s called panic buying, no matter who comes in now itā€™s almost certainly a downgrade on what you want/like.

With summer window nearly over  itā€™s time for another guesstimate on my top 6. Will you even make top 6 now. 😂

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3858: Aug 17, 2023 04:13:05 pm
      The whole of football and how it works is becoming ridiculous and the sad thing about it is we have to except it, trust me it isnā€™t going to get better anytime soon.

The majority were saying Newcastle wouldnā€™t put a challenge in for PL in 10 years despite the money ( I said less than 5 )  but already looking like they could be top 4 again. Donā€™t think they can win the league with Howe though, I doubt he has the cutting edge to go that far but credit where itā€™s due, heā€™s done well.

Many of you lot blame FSG for losing Caicedo & Lavia  but I donā€™t see it the same way ( just my opinion) I was shocked, just like the rest of you with the massive bids you came out with for both players, more so Caicedo. Iā€™m now seeing the future 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø I can see ( in places like the chavs,city,Newcastle )  offering less for transfers but more in wages knowing the greed of todays footballer  theyā€™d refuse to go anywhere else, the players simply canā€™t loss.

Iā€™m taking a guess here so let presume Liverpool offered Caicedo Ā£200/250k a week? and allegedly chavs  was over 300k, I did hear Ā£315k but itā€™s only based of what Iā€™ve read.  Why would a player go to Liverpool or indeed any club. 99% of players will always go where the money is now. No such thing as loyalty anymore, is simply who offers the most and theyā€™re off.

You lot had already had plenty of  experience of losing players to the Oilys purely based on wages alone. The list is frightening where all the OAPs are leaving. Hendo, Ronaldo, Mane, Neymar, Firmino, Benzema, Maxmin,  Kante, Mahrez, Koulibaly and no doubt more to follow. I honestly believe Salah is going, itā€™s just a question of when.

Iā€™m afraid FSG wonā€™t change, much as I personally thought they played their part for you in summer window the infrastructure they use simply wouldnā€™t allow it and I can see why. They do have to sell up for a sugar daddy if youā€™re going to match other clubs. No doubt some will say youā€™ve had success the way FSG run the business but thatā€™s mainly down to Klopp, take him away and you would still be counting 31 years + for the PL.

I donā€™t think an investor is the right way Billy, I think itā€™s all or nothing.

On the bright side ( well for me it is 🤪 ) my Ā£50 looking a bit better now. Somewhat surprised though after selling your OAPs it looks like youā€™re bringing another one in. 😂  Iā€™ve been in this position at United, we both know itā€™s called panic buying, no matter who comes in now itā€™s almost certainly a downgrade on what you want/like.

With summer window nearly over  itā€™s time for another guesstimate on my top 6. Will you even make top 6 now. 😂

Contrary to your hopes mate, yes I do, in fact Iā€™m still believing we can go the whole hog and win it, why wouldnā€™t I, itā€™s my belief in my club,but Iā€™m not naive enough to think itā€™s perhaps a bridge too far this season, however, i still think we will surprise many, no one is expecting us to come anywhere near top 4, but again I think we will,

City, Arse, Toon, and ourselves for top 4, but not necessarily in that order, Chavs will of course be up there too, but itā€™ll be interesting how Poch deals with all those egoā€™s wonā€™t it ?

It looks topsy turvy for us right now what with the transfer shenanigans, but weā€™re not bringing in mugs, weā€™re bringing in experienced professionals ready to hit the ground running, maybe a few training sessions will bring them up to speed, no different if indeed we landed Caicedo/ Lavia,

I donā€™t like it anymore than you Keith, but I think itā€™s inevitable that both our clubs may indeed become oily, Iā€™d much prefer we stay sugar daddy free, hence my hope of new investors rather than oilyā€™s,

Keep saving those Shekels mate !!

YNWA
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,296 posts | 764 
      Reply #3859: Aug 17, 2023 04:53:37 pm
      F**k the Chavs, despite all their over rated signings, hope they have another mediocre season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3860: Aug 17, 2023 05:01:32 pm

City, Arse, Toon, and ourselves for top 4, but not necessarily in that order, Chavs will of course be up there too, but itā€™ll be interesting how Poch deals with all those egoā€™s wonā€™t it ?

YNWA

Thatā€™s not a bad shout for being in the right order. Losing out on what I thought ( 3rd ) was very much possible if youā€™d of got your 100 million dollar man. 

Iā€™m still waiting/hoping we can get the donkey to leave but appears heā€™s having none of it because of the drop in wages going to West Ham. Heā€™s a stubborn donkey. As is the norm heā€™s a greedy kunt.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #3861: Aug 17, 2023 08:04:46 pm
      Good work Olise turning them down
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #3862: Aug 18, 2023 11:44:59 am
      Haha get wrecked assholes.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3863: Aug 18, 2023 03:26:19 pm
      just sticking up a finger to the EPL/FA and UEFA and not a bad word from the likes of SLY Sports ETC..
      Just cant wait for it to all tumble down making us getting top 4 or winning the league all the more important.

Quick Reply