Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Chelsea

Read 401038 times
      Fan 86 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
      LFCexiled
      Re: NO History - Chelsea FC Thread
      Reply #69: May 10, 2011 03:13:14 pm

As a glory hunter, he's probably forgot who he used to support already.  >:D
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #70: May 10, 2011 03:43:05 pm
      I'm sure there already is a laugh at the chavs thread.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #71: May 10, 2011 06:01:59 pm
      Kaka's mum just tweeted that Kaka (and his/her family) will be in London from August onwards. There has been rumours linking him with a reunion with Carlo Ancelotti, whose future is unclear itself.

Thought he never should have made that move to Madrid.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #72: May 10, 2011 07:04:58 pm
      Kaka's mum just tweeted that Kaka (and his/her family) will be in London from August onwards. There has been rumours linking him with a reunion with Carlo Ancelotti, whose future is unclear itself.

Didn't know that Bragas CB had played for Madrid or with Ancelotti before? sh*t him anyway  Carroll owes him!!!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #73: May 10, 2011 07:13:58 pm

Just Google translated her tweets there, and I think she meant she will be meeting a priest ( or some member of a church ) in London in August.

Maybe I picked the wrong ones to translate?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,141 posts | 2777 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #74: May 10, 2011 07:15:23 pm
      Things are bad
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: The Official Crappy Chelski Thread
      Reply #75: May 10, 2011 07:19:01 pm
      Merged this one, but thought there was another.

If anyone finds it, just post in it to bump it up, then I'll merge again.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #76: May 11, 2011 03:49:06 am
      How about F**k off ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #77: May 11, 2011 06:54:32 am
      I was waiting for that, kept checking back for it  :lmao:
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #78: May 11, 2011 01:06:32 pm
      I was waiting for that, kept checking back for it  :lmao:
      Haha I was waiting for a warning :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,151 posts | 8540 
      Reply #79: May 11, 2011 01:30:14 pm

He's been sh*te since he made the move, looks nothing like the player from 2005 -2007.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #80: May 11, 2011 01:54:27 pm
      He's been sh*te since he made the move, looks nothing like the player from 2005 -2007.

How can you say that when in the two years he's been at Real he's been injured (as in completely ruled out, not just not 'match fit') for 12 months! Add recuperation time to that, and he's only played about 35 games in 2 years and he still scored around 15 from midfield despite that.

Admittedly now he's 29 his injuries may mean he never will be the player he was at Milan, but saying he's been sh*te is way off.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #81: May 11, 2011 03:18:54 pm
      I agree. He isn't the same player ever since he won the Player of the Year award!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,151 posts | 8540 
      Reply #82: May 11, 2011 03:20:23 pm
      How can you say that when in the two years he's been at Real he's been injured (as in completely ruled out, not just not 'match fit') for 12 months! Add recuperation time to that, and he's only played about 35 games in 2 years and he still scored around 15 from midfield despite that.

Admittedly now he's 29 his injuries may mean he never will be the player he was at Milan, but saying he's been sh*te is way off.

Quite F***ing simple, he's not the same player I saw in The Attaturk, other players are getting ahead of him and yes I'm still F***ing gutted about Athens, Not pointing his fingers to the sky now is he?

He's been F***ing sh*t since he moved to Madrid and I F***ing stand by that statement.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #83: May 11, 2011 03:23:55 pm
      I think the thread title should be changed, it comes across very child like indeed.

Could only be made worse by making it "The official poo poo Chelsea thread."
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #84: May 11, 2011 03:29:36 pm
      I think the thread title should be changed, it comes across very child like indeed.

AGREED!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #85: May 11, 2011 03:55:40 pm

I cringe every time I see it pop up in my unread topics mate.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #86: May 11, 2011 03:59:21 pm
      Kaka has been on decent form for Madrid tbh. I think he is still a fantastic player struggling to break into a defensive managers plans.

I'd have him at Liverpool in a second! Always liked Kaka. Comes across as a nice guy too.

AGree with the thread name btw...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #87: May 14, 2011 09:37:35 am
      Ancelotti admits Torres arrival not ideal

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has admitted he would have preferred to have signed Fernando Torres last summer.

Instead, the Blues were only able to land the Spaniard from Liverpool in the January transfer window, along with ex-Benfica defender David Luiz.

Ancelotti feels the inability to sign both players earlier has hampered both their abilities to acclimatise to life at Stamford Bridge.

"Obviously, if we'd been able to buy Torres and David Luiz in the summer, it would have been easier for them," the Italian manager said, according to The Guardian.

"It's not always easy to play well immediately if you arrive in January. But we were not able to do this because Liverpool and Benfica wanted to start the season with these players."

While Torres arrived amid much fanfare and was tipped as the man who would lead Chelsea's assault on the title, he infamously went 903 minutes goalless, before finding the net against West Ham on April 23, almost three months after he arrived at Stamford Bridge.

Even though he managed to finally open his Chelsea account against the Hammers, doubts still remain over his ability to partner Didier Drogba up front, with the London club almost always refraining from playing two strikers in the past.

Ancelotti admits it was almost impossible for his team to successfully adapt to new tactics midway through the season, but was adamant things will improve next year once they get a full summer to practice and learn new structures.

"Obviously, to play Fernando and Drogba, you need to change the position of the midfielders a bit, and we've had not had time to change our philosophy [midway through a season].

"That is something you can cope with ahead of a new season."

Ancelotti did however insist there was no way Chelsea would have turned down the chance to procure Torres' services during the January transfer window, and predicted a long, successful career at Stamford Bridge for the Spaniard.

"Sometimes it's not so easy to buy a player at the right time. You have to wait.

"When you have a possibility to buy Torres, you are not thinking about it being a problem for the other players.

"If you have a chance to buy him, you buy him.

"He's had problems this year, but he will start pre-season training with more knowledge about the squad, so it will be easier for him.

"He will have a fantastic career at Chelsea."

What remains to be seen is whether or not Ancelotti will be the one who will get the chance to implement the necessary changes to Chelsea's gameplan next season, with speculation arife over his future.

However, the Italian manager insists he wants to remain at Stamford Bridge.

"My desire is to stay here," he said.

"But, if it's not possible, I have to find another thing.

"I don't need to have a rest. I want to train next season."

Confirming he would prefer another job in England, he added: "I love the atmosphere here.

"I think everyone respects your job. There is no violence, the stadiums are full. That's the reason I want to stay here.

"If it's not possible, I'm Italian. If there are some opportunities in Italy, I will take them."

Despite the Chelsea squad littered with players in their thirties and surely on their final legs, Ancelotti also advised against wholesale changes ahead of next season.

"To change a lot of players would be dangerous," he said.

"The squad is really good. We had two new players in January who, next season, will be better.

"So, to judge our season, you have to stay quiet and calm."

Ancelotti believes the way Barclays Premier League champions-elect Manchester United reacted to surrendering the title last season proves pressing the panic button is not the way forward.

"They finished second," he said. "They were calm, quiet, bought the right players. This year, they win."

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item621308/Ancelotti-admits-Torres-arrival-not-ideal/

;D, then I wonder how David Luiz and Luis Suarez have settled far easier.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #88: May 14, 2011 10:12:30 am

Agreed, agreed.

Just change the title to 'Chelsea are sh*t' and be done with it.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #89: May 14, 2011 01:41:22 pm
      Funny that, Carlo. Suarez came in from another league in another country in January and has done pretty damn well for us!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #90: May 14, 2011 01:42:41 pm
      Making excuses for your £50m striker who has scored one goal in four months... :lmao:
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #91: May 14, 2011 04:32:58 pm
      One of the worst atmosphere's I've seen all season was at Anfield.

Other than the 'You'll never Walk alone' theatrics and the occassional 'Liverpool Liverpool' chants they didn't really come out with much.

There lot sitting right next to us took stick all game without even looking our way, most passive home fans I've seen this season. Sat there, dead quiet.

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s379/st143085.htm

IRONY!!!

Quick Reply