Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Chelsea

Read 396995 times
      leosc and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Chelsea
      Reply #2967: Jul 23, 2018 04:24:22 pm
      It's a small consolation he snubbed Citeh though.

Very true ;D!

I don't think I have ever seen a player distribute as good as Jorginho does from the deep lying role.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2968: Jul 23, 2018 04:26:04 pm
      I'm happy with Fabinho and Keita.

Yeah, no complaints over Fabinho, but I'm just a huge Jorginho fan boy :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2969: Jul 23, 2018 11:13:46 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io22fDWc38Y

Breaks my heart to see Jorginho in the PL for Chelsea :(

101 touches, 98 passes, but look at those passes he makes! Argh!!!
      Most of them side ways and backpasses. Probably better than Henderson, but for 60m Alisson was a much bigger upgrade.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2970: Jul 24, 2018 11:40:09 am
      Most of them side ways and backpasses

Well, If you just see them as side and back passes, not a lot I can say! I guess everyone understands the game differently!

Anyway, I seriously think Chelsea will be a huge threat if they keep, Hazard and Courtois. And looking very likely they want a striker too.
      mrgowww
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #2971: Jul 24, 2018 12:56:11 pm
      Yeah, no complaints over Fabinho, but I'm just a huge Jorginho fan boy :D

Exact same thoughts... Worth seeing video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9BpMbZFrcE

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2972: Jul 27, 2018 01:31:56 pm
      Chelsea sniffing around Jordan Pickford as a replacement for Courtois should he decide to F**k off.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2973: Jul 27, 2018 01:38:12 pm
      Chelsea sniffing around Jordan Pickford as a replacement for Courtois should he decide to f**k off.

The Courtois one is weird, why is that taking so long to finalise, Real Madrid want him and he wants to go, is it just haggling over the fee?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2974: Jul 27, 2018 01:54:49 pm
      Chelsea sniffing around Jordan Pickford as a replacement for Courtois should he decide to f**k off.

Pickford will cost them at least £70 million.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2975: Jul 27, 2018 01:59:48 pm

Pickford will cost them at least £70 million.

Probably the going rate for England first teamers at the moment!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2976: Jul 27, 2018 02:41:17 pm
      Pickford is a big step down from Courtois IMO. Good World Cup but was no better than the average keeper last season, people seem to have forgotten that though.

Along with loaning out a 35yr old keeper to sign a 38yr old keeper, it’s good to see them following on from the likes of Barkley, Drinkwater, Bakayoko and Zappacosta. Weakening their team for the 2nd year running.

Fingers crossed they keep Morata, he’s proper sh*t like.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2977: Jul 27, 2018 03:08:55 pm
      Pickford is a big step down from Courtois IMO. Good World Cup but was no better than the average keeper last season, people seem to have forgotten that though.

Along with loaning out a 35yr old keeper to sign a 38yr old keeper, it’s good to see them following on from the likes of Barkley, Drinkwater, Bakayoko and Zappacosta. Weakening their team for the 2nd year running.

Fingers crossed they keep Morata, he’s proper sh*t like.

I think they want £70m for Morata which is just bat sh*t crazy after the season he just had.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2978: Jul 27, 2018 03:12:31 pm
      It's great to watch other clubs like Chelski sweat on transfers while we have our signings wrapped up nice and early.

A welcome change.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2979: Jul 27, 2018 03:23:37 pm
      I think they want £70m for Morata which is just bat sh*t crazy after the season he just had.

Not necessarily based on the way he played last season, I'd say it's more to do with buying out the four years left on his contract!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2980: Jul 27, 2018 03:30:21 pm
      I hope Chelsea sign Higuain I think he'll be absolute sh*t in the PL like Shevshenko level sh*t.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2981: Jul 27, 2018 06:42:06 pm
      See Golovin has turned them down for Monaco. That’s Alisson and Golovin they’ve missed out on now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2982: Jul 28, 2018 04:42:12 pm
      See Golovin has turned them down for Monaco. That’s Alisson and Golovin they’ve missed out on now.

At least they've signed Robert Green

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2983: Aug 05, 2018 05:29:13 pm
      Distinctly unimpressive in the Charity Shield today. City not really having to get out of second gear.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2984: Aug 05, 2018 05:41:42 pm
      Distinctly unimpressive in the Charity Shield today. City not really having to get out of second gear.

I agree, similar to our game yesterday in that one team looked much fresher, organised and together than the other. Citeh looks good though.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2985: Aug 05, 2018 09:07:57 pm
      Chelsea stank the place out and they will lose Courtois an possibly Hazard which is really good news especially when you see Luiz in the defence
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2986: Aug 06, 2018 11:11:41 am
      Chelsea stank the place out and they will lose Courtois an possibly Hazard which is really good news especially when you see Luiz in the defence

I think Chelsea could be in big trouble this season, that was a really awful display yesterday as much as it was a good display from Citeh.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2987: Aug 06, 2018 11:53:57 am
      I think Chelsea could be in big trouble this season, that was a really awful display yesterday as much as it was a good display from Citeh.

I think they will be ok and will function a lot better with Courtois, Kante, Hazard and Willian.

Biggest problem for them is not having that exceptional/world class striker. Still surprised they have struggled to find a replacement for Costa.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2988: Aug 06, 2018 01:32:38 pm
      I think they will be ok and will function a lot better with Courtois, Kante, Hazard and Willian.

Biggest problem for them is not having that exceptional/world class striker. Still surprised they have struggled to find a replacement for Costa.

I'd be surprised if they start the season with Courtois, I think that transfer is very close, Hazard as well. In any case you have 2 key players who have had their heads turned, possibly 3 with Kante.
      The display yesterday was very lacklustre and I think t will take time before the new system gels into place.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2989: Aug 06, 2018 07:16:13 pm
      I'd be surprised if they start the season with Courtois, I think that transfer is very close, Hazard as well. In any case you have 2 key players who have had their heads turned, possibly 3 with Kante.
      The display yesterday was very lacklustre and I think t will take time before the new system gels into place.
      Courtois is definitely gone. He is skipping training etc... Kante only been there a couple of seasons, so disgraceful from him if true. Hazard won't go I don't think. His price will be over 200 million. He will just sulk all year. Willian already said he will stay.. the only player I think will go is Courtois, Chelsea should just get another keeper and let him go. In the past Liverpool and Chelsea have sold players to eachother. Torres, Sturridge, Solanke, Benayoun etc... They are in a real need of a goalkeeper so I think we should be generous and sell them Karius or Mignolet. Let em pick! £16.5m would be fair for either. I know they are rivals, but we would not miss either of them... and it is better to maintain a good relationship with Chelsea compared to other rivals, because once there is an exodus, rather them sell to us than Arsenal. If Willian changes his mind in one season or something.

I know this is the Chelsea thread, but I can't say Arsenal without going into a rant about how much I hate them.
      Arsenal don't try to achieve, they just try to linger on and see 4th as a trophy because they are such a business team.
      They won't even try to improve, but just try to weaken 4th place team to get 4th themselves.
      £40,000,001 for Suarez? Never forget that sh*t!!! Then Ian Wright sits there on BBC saying Salah is like Messi on the day the transfer window opened in the winter!!! He was obviously trying to generate interest to derail us.
      Then just before CL final, Buvac gone, head turned by Arsenal who did not even want him really!
      Arsenal can get relegated and I'll have a party!
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2018 07:33:52 pm by Ribapuru »

Quick Reply