Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Chelsea

Read 396869 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Re: Chelsea
      Reply #3128: May 16, 2019 01:10:56 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3129: May 16, 2019 03:45:47 pm
      Word is they are after Coutinho with the Hazard money. Bless them ;D

But they’ve got a transfer ban.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #3130: May 16, 2019 03:58:40 pm

I don't think Coutinho is a player anymore though
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #3131: May 16, 2019 06:09:42 pm

They are appealing it and may be able to buy players prior to their appeal being heard.

Believe the ban also affects outgoing? So they wouldn't be able to move Hazard right?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3132: May 16, 2019 06:13:14 pm
      They are appealing it and may be able to buy players prior to their appeal being heard.

Believe the ban also affects outgoing? So they wouldn't be able to move Hazard right?

I thought the appeal had been rejected and the ban was being upheld? Could have sworn I read that the other day unless I’m mistaken.

No, only impacts them for buying players, they can still sell them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #3133: May 16, 2019 06:21:36 pm
      I thought the appeal had been rejected and the ban was being upheld? Could have sworn I read that the other day unless I’m mistaken.

No, only impacts them for buying players, they can still sell them.

They appealed to FIFA and lost, they are now appealing to the CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) and are awaiting that, it sounds like they can't make any transfers until they hear back from them. That could be mid-July from what I read. So yea, they can't bring anyone in unless they get a temporary relief from CAS.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3134: May 16, 2019 06:34:42 pm
      They appealed to FIFA and lost, they are now appealing to the CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) and are awaiting that, it sounds like they can't make any transfers until they hear back from them. That could be mid-July from what I read. So yea, they can't bring anyone in unless they get a temporary relief from CAS.

Very much doubt CAS will go against a governing body

But they can sell even with ban and Hazard is defo off ( year left on his deal and that yank is his replacement)
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #3135: May 21, 2019 09:34:47 pm
      News today that Cech is back to Chelsea as sporting director, if true, Arsenal cannot start him or even have him on the bench surely! Imagine if it’s 1-1 after extra time, Leno is injured, Cech comes on, as an Arsenal supporter would you have any faith in the New Chelsea DOF in your goal? I certainly wouldn’t!
      I would have expected better of Cech. Cynical of Chelsea and Cech to release it ahead of the final!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3136: May 21, 2019 09:53:56 pm
      News today that Cech is back to Chelsea as sporting director, if true, Arsenal cannot start him or even have him on the bench surely! Imagine if it’s 1-1 after extra time, Leno is injured, Cech comes on, as an Arsenal supporter would you have any faith in the New Chelsea DOF in your goal? I certainly wouldn’t!
      I would have expected better of Cech. Cynical of Chelsea and Cech to release it ahead of the final!

Well that's jumping to the extreme a bit. There's a bit of media talk that Chelsea want him to take the role, there is nothing official or anything else to say that it is anything other than media speculation. Just like we were apparently in for De Ligt a few days ago but now we apparently never were.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3137: May 27, 2019 07:11:14 pm
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #3138: May 27, 2019 07:17:13 pm
      Chavs
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3139: Jun 13, 2019 11:39:11 pm
      They can’t be that stupid to have fat Frank lined up as their next manager!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48632052
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3140: Jun 14, 2019 09:57:42 am
      Chelsea have agreed a deal in principle for their manager Maurizio Sarri to join Serie A champions Juventus.

An agreement was reached late on Thursday evening after talks between senior officials. A deal could be completed as early as Friday.

It is understood a compensation fee in excess of £5m has been agreed.

Sarri arrived from Napoli in July 2018 and led the Blues to third place in the Premier League and won the Europa League in his one season in charge.

Di Matteo wins the CL - sacked, Rafa wins the EL - binned, Mourinho few titles - binned a couple of times, Conte wins the league - binned, Sarri wins the EL gets them back into the top three and CL - getting off.

Mind absolute boggles at that club, but more importantly how they've managed to keep themselves relatively involved at the top.  If there's a club with the potential for the wheels to surely come off they must be it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3141: Jun 14, 2019 12:50:46 pm
      Chelsea have agreed a deal in principle for their manager Maurizio Sarri to join Serie A champions Juventus.

An agreement was reached late on Thursday evening after talks between senior officials. A deal could be completed as early as Friday.

It is understood a compensation fee in excess of £5m has been agreed.

Sarri arrived from Napoli in July 2018 and led the Blues to third place in the Premier League and won the Europa League in his one season in charge.

Di Matteo wins the CL - sacked, Rafa wins the EL - binned, Mourinho few titles - binned a couple of times, Conte wins the league - binned, Sarri wins the EL gets them back into the top three and CL - getting off.

Mind absolute boggles at that club, but more importantly how they've managed to keep themselves relatively involved at the top.  If there's a club with the potential for the wheels to surely come off they must be it.

Think Sarri had a mare of a season with some of the stuff he was coming out with but thinking back, it’s no surprise given the state of that club. If they appoint Lampard as manager, as well as not being allowed to sign any players then I can see them following in the footsteps of United. Once you are on that slippery slope it’s very difficult to get off of it.
      Even without a transfer ban, I think it would be difficult for them to even attract top quality players without the appeal of playing with Hazard because in truth, the rest if their side is very average. The thought of playing with Ross Barkley and Marcos Alonso probably doesn’t feel the same as playing with Hazard.
      Lampard would be a disaster waiting to happen. Like Gerrard with us, just simply isn’t ready for the job yet.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3142: Jun 14, 2019 01:27:50 pm
      Sarri not good enough for Chavs but good enough for a team who has won the league 8 times in a row.

Go figure!
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3143: Jun 14, 2019 03:13:47 pm

Oh this is the "no room for error" mentality. Zero tolerance for complacency. Either you win the top prize in style or you go. These managers are paying the price for not winning the biggest trophies in style.

We got a lot of such posts last season no matter how well we played - the perfectionist spirit to win every match in style. Scrappy wins and small mistakes will not be tolerated. These guys are serious about their football. No nonsense attitude. They probably demand that we respect them. Wow! They have my admiration...

For being inhuman.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3144: Jun 14, 2019 03:39:24 pm
      Sarri not good enough for Chavs but good enough for a team who has won the league 8 times in a row.

Go figure!

Isn't the EL the first trophy he's won? Forget Serie A, they'll win it again next year regardless of who's managing them, but with their focus being on winning the CL, i'm surprised they're going with such an unaccomplished manager as Sarri.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3145: Jun 14, 2019 03:41:23 pm
      BTW, didn't Jorginho go to Chelsea mainly because of Sarri? ha
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3146: Jun 14, 2019 08:42:20 pm
      Isn't the EL the first trophy he's won? Forget Serie A, they'll win it again next year regardless of who's managing them, but with their focus being on winning the CL, i'm surprised they're going with such an unaccomplished manager as Sarri.

Juve can manage themselves, put Tony Pulis in charge and they’d still win the league. When leagues like that, Germany and France are dominated by just one team year after year, I’m not really sure how it can be an achievement for any manager going to Juve, Bayern, Celtic or PSG, it just highlights the poor standard of that league and them teams come unstuck in Europe.

It’s no wonder it’s taken until now for Sarri to actually win something.

BTW, didn't Jorginho go to Chelsea mainly because of Sarri? ha

Yeah and because City weren’t willing to match the Chelsea bid. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go to Juve now too.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3147: Jun 14, 2019 10:08:03 pm
      Ha Chavs are so fu**ed next season the Scum might even finish above them.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3148: Jun 14, 2019 11:59:17 pm
      Damn, I was hoping they would appoint Emma Hayes!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3149: Jun 15, 2019 12:16:10 am
      It will be fascinating to see how Lampard gets on as Chelsea boss if he does succeed Sarri (who in my opinion did a very good job under very difficult circumstances...those circumstances being that this team thinks it's better than it is and are clearly an unmanageable rabble with even more ungrateful turds as fans).

But Lampard as manager? It could go terribly wrong.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3150: Jun 15, 2019 10:57:32 am
      To be fair to Lampard and that's not easy that dressing room at Chelsea is a vipers nest loyal to no one other than their bank balance. Changing managers every season means the squad is a mix of managers past and never get to gel with anyone manager so F**k them carry on please .

Quick Reply