Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Chelsea

Read 396997 times
      leosc and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Re: Chelsea
      Reply #3220: Sep 11, 2020 10:51:25 am

the new big spending City
      JĆ¼rgen was very kind when he described their owners as " countries and oligarchs "
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3221: Sep 11, 2020 11:04:03 am

the new big spending City
      JĆ¼rgen was very kind when he described their owners as " countries and oligarchs "

Think they misheard JĆ¼rgen's german accent.
      What he actually described their owners as is those "cunty ogres".
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3222: Sep 11, 2020 11:17:23 am
      What their spending has done is put a massive spotlight on Lampard.

I'm still a bit amazed the amount of praise he got for last season where he finished lower than his predecessor with less points and minus a trophy that Sarri won as well.

Got lauded for promoting the youth then with a transfer ban had little option so will be very interesting to see how he manages the expectations.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3223: Sep 11, 2020 12:27:53 pm

I'm still a bit amazed the amount of praise he got for last season where he finished lower than his predecessor with less points and minus a trophy that Sarri won as well.

Got lauded for promoting the youth then with a transfer ban had little option so will be very interesting to see how he manages the expectations.

One thing is for sure, we play them at a very good time, because no way they integrate all those new pieces in 2 games.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3224: Sep 11, 2020 01:04:18 pm

The signings will cover his inability for awhile, but ultimately he will be exposed.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3225: Sep 11, 2020 02:42:55 pm

Watched some sketches from a guy on Instagram imitating PL managers and when he was doing Lampard he says, ā€œYou know Iā€™m a young manager and I took Derby from sixth to sixth and Chelsea from third to fourth, so Iā€™ve done a good jobā€.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3226: Sep 11, 2020 02:45:21 pm

Think he did quite well all things considered. The big difference between the two was that Sarri obviously had Hazard, so Lampard's job was going to be that bit tougher. Thought expectations at the start of the season were ridiculous though - quite a few pundits were saying that a mid table finish wouldn't be so bad & I thought that was ridiculous. The squad he inherited was certainly good enough to both compete in & qualify for the Champions League & a lot of the "kids" he had in the side were top talents who had already been capped at international level.

I think his spending spree might come back to bite him on the arse a bit though. He's got an exceptional pool of young talent there in the likes of Abraham, Mount, Hudson Odoi who all preformed well last season to get them into the position they're in now, and it looks as though a lot of them will have to take a backseat in the coming season to make way for the glamorous new signings. It could cause a bit of disharmony in the squad as I imagine those players will feel as though they've been short-changed a bit by Lampard
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3227: Sep 12, 2020 12:13:43 am
      I really hope Timo Werner doesn't turn out to be some Premier League F***ing Superstar!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3228: Sep 12, 2020 10:39:51 pm
      I really hope Timo Werner doesn't turn out to be some Premier League f**king Superstar!

Don't worry Aussie, he won't cos he don't play for the Red men  :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3229: Sep 13, 2020 12:27:22 am
      I really hope Timo Werner doesn't turn out to be some Premier League f**king Superstar!

Iā€™m hoping him and Pulisic pick up a knock this weekend because if our defence doesnā€™t sharpen up, they are going to rip it to pieces with their pace. It was brutal what Pulisic was doing to us last time out.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #3230: Sep 13, 2020 01:42:25 am
      Iā€™m hoping him and Pulisic pick up a knock this weekend because if our defence doesnā€™t sharpen up, they are going to rip it to pieces with their pace. It was brutal what Pulisic was doing to us last time out.

Spot on mate, can't afford any fucks up with both those playing against us.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3231: Sep 15, 2020 11:26:10 am
      Chavs have now a deep squad with some quality players in it. Could they be a threat this year or do some of you have doubts Lampard has what it takes?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3232: Sep 15, 2020 11:47:27 am
      Chavs have now a deep squad with some quality players in it. Could they be a threat this year or do some of you have doubts Lampard has what it takes?

They have some good players now BUT how will the players from last season react to being pushed aside by the new recruits, does Lampard have enough of a personality to control all those bruised egos.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #3233: Sep 15, 2020 12:27:56 pm
      Some better finishing from Brighton last night they wouldnā€™t have lost. Didnā€™t think Chelsea were all that
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #3234: Sep 22, 2020 12:44:58 am
      Hate these cu*ts. Sucked in arseholes!

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3235: Sep 25, 2020 08:42:31 pm
      Looks like the end of Kepa, Mendy signed.
      That was 71million well spent Roman   :jackoff:
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #3236: Sep 26, 2020 06:43:06 pm
      Wow 3-0 down 30 mins on the clock and now 55 mins gone in the 2nd half 3-1
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #3237: Sep 26, 2020 07:09:21 pm
      3-2 now 10mins to go
      Can WBA hold out
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #3238: Sep 26, 2020 07:22:22 pm
      Fvk 3-3 93min
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3239: Sep 26, 2020 07:26:55 pm
      After Chelsea made it 3-2 i Was hoping but not expecting WBrom to hold on but dropping 2 points is still a massive failure for them.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3240: Sep 26, 2020 07:33:25 pm
      After Chelsea made it 3-2 i Was hoping but not expecting WBrom to hold on but dropping 2 points is still a massive failure for them.

Yep, they won't be happy to drop 2 points there
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3241: Sep 26, 2020 07:34:12 pm
      Always nice to see a Chav defender slip to give away a goal.

cu*ts.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3242: Sep 26, 2020 11:06:39 pm
      I did enjoy Silvas 'slip'

Cu*ts

Quick Reply