Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Chelsea

Read 397020 times
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Re: Chelsea
      Reply #3289: May 06, 2021 09:04:01 pm
      You've got what I mean. If you want, in 2005, we did not deserve to win but we did. (That's what you think, not me) This year, if Chelsea wins, it's the same. They still cannot be considered to be among the best. And I doubt anyone serious who could say Chelsea were good this season. It's football, it's life. Sometimes the best teams lose.

I didnā€™t say we didnā€™t deserve to win

I said we werenā€™t considered the best team in Europe that season

Whoever wins it deserves to for me, itā€™s you who is making an issue of it
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3290: May 06, 2021 09:31:32 pm
      Chelsea does not deserve to win. They are far from being better than PSG, Real, City, Bayern.... but I'd hate to see Man City win.

It was clear that we could have beaten Real Madrid but our scorers have been mediocre this year.

Well they'll have to beat the best team in Europe to finish the job so I'd say it's fair enough if they win it.

The teams you mentioned - PSG got a couple of good wins but then couldn't lay a glove on City. Real have been mediocre throughout, we should have beaten them and Chelsea should have stuck another 5 past them. Bayern have had a shoddy defence all season and got exposed.

Yeah the final's not going to be great viewing for a Liverpool fan but whichever team win it deserve to do so.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3291: May 07, 2021 03:24:07 am
      This should be 133 pages of one word responses, " Cu*ts"

I have tried my best over the years!  :D

cu*ts!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3292: May 07, 2021 11:54:32 am
      Ive no issue saying this

If they were playing utd or Everton in the champions league final or going head to head with them for the league Id be hoping Everton or utd won it.

I hate everything about these wan*ers
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3293: May 07, 2021 11:59:04 am
      Ive no issue saying this

If they were playing utd or Everton in the champions league final or going head to head with them for the league Id be hoping Everton or utd won it.

I hate everything about these wan*ers

Nothing wrong with having a different opinion Brian.  :action-smiley-035:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #3294: May 07, 2021 12:15:07 pm
      I have tried my best over the years!  :D

cu*ts!

However you spell it mate still cants (Landon version) all day long.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3295: May 07, 2021 09:21:57 pm
      Utter rent cu*ts
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3296: May 07, 2021 09:23:49 pm
      cu*ts
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3297: May 08, 2021 12:12:27 pm
      Rentboy cu*ts, but I still want them to beat the scruffy manc cu*ts.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #3298: May 08, 2021 01:30:44 pm
      Rentboy cu*ts, but I still want them to beat the scruffy manc cu*ts.

Really why ?

My bad do you mean in Final ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3299: May 08, 2021 01:32:52 pm

I would prefer Chelsea to win than City as well

Chelsea did get a lift up before FFP arrived but since then they appear to have stayed within those boundaries

city though clearly financially doped up and only getting away with breaking FFP due to a technicality
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #3300: May 08, 2021 02:49:17 pm
      I would prefer Chelsea to win than City as well

Chelsea did get a lift up before FFP arrived but since then they appear to have stayed within those boundaries

city though clearly financially doped up and only getting away with breaking FFP due to a technicality

Thought he meant today's game yes agree hard choice but would have to edge to Chavs
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #3301: May 09, 2021 01:29:36 am
      Interesting result overnight.

Might give the Chav cu*ts the confidence they need and now Pep and the other rich cu*ts might be thinking it's not gonna be a walk in the park after all.

2 sets of cu*ts, whoever wins it, hope they drop the Cup and it smashes into a million pieces and they can't make another one!!!

cu*ts!!!!
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #3302: May 09, 2021 07:24:45 am
      Trying two decide which of these shower of tw*ts you want to win the European cup is like deciding whether you want to scratch your arse cheeks first or your  ball sack with a piece of broken glass.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #3303: May 09, 2021 07:39:35 am
      Trying two decide which of these shower of tw*ts you want to win the European cup is like deciding whether you want to scratch your arse cheeks first or your  ball sack with a piece of broken glass.

Arse cheeks all day long.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #3304: May 10, 2021 04:12:17 am
      AC
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #3305: May 16, 2021 09:49:19 pm
      Their women's team have got absolutely wrecked by Barcelona in the women's Champions League final.

All that after a week or so of BBC Sport talking up this Chelsea team and their manager Emma Hayes. Christ knows why after that result.

Look, I know women's football is fighting hard to get parity with men's but there must surely be a better way of displaying it's greatness in this country than the media overhyping something/a team that just isn't worth our interest

Talk about overselling the game. A harsh reminder that the BBC's input on women's football is still quite a way ahead of the general public's.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3306: May 16, 2021 09:55:32 pm
      Their women's team have got absolutely wrecked by Barcelona in the women's Champions League final.

All that after a week or so of BBC Sport talking up this Chelsea team and their manager Emma Hayes. Christ knows why after that result.

Look, I know women's football is fighting hard to get parity with men's but there must surely be a better way of displaying it's greatness in this country than the media overhyping something/a team that just isn't worth our interest

Talk about overselling the game. A harsh reminder that the BBC's input on women's football is still quite a way ahead of the general public's.

I just dont get it mate it does nothing for me I would much rather watch Tranmere the football standard is so much higher. they can hype it all they want but the quality is not there to sell
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3307: May 16, 2021 11:11:41 pm

ā€œItā€™s greatnessā€ ?!

It will never gain parity with the menā€™s game because itā€™s Sunday league standard
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3308: May 29, 2021 10:17:09 pm
      Rather them win it than city.... just! Still cu*ts though!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3309: May 29, 2021 10:20:19 pm
      ā€œItā€™s greatnessā€ ?!

It will never gain parity with the menā€™s game because itā€™s Sunday league standard

thats a bit unfair on Sunday league football.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3310: May 30, 2021 08:41:49 am
      Read this online and worthy of a  copy & paste

Thomas Tuchel lost the UEFA Champions League final with PSG - Paris Saint-Germain last season and was then sacked a few months later, his reputation was in question.

On 26th January, Chelsea Football Club controversially replaced their greatest ever player, Frank Lampard, with Tuchel. In his 30 games in charge, he's won 19, drawn six, scored 38 goals & conceded 15.

He's beaten Pep Guardiola (x3), Diego Simeone (x2), Zinedine Zidane, Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Mourinho & JĆ¼rgen Klopp. He got Chelsea into the top four after starting in mid-table, an FA Cup final and now won their second ever European Cup.

Players like Mason Mount, Reece James, N'Golo Kante, Kai Havertz & Ben Chilwell have come on massively and he's proven his tactical nous at the highest level.

Tuchel  has earned his respect as a manager even though we didn't want any of them to win.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3311: May 30, 2021 12:39:41 pm
      Read this online and worthy of a  copy & paste

Thomas Tuchel lost the UEFA Champions League final with PSG - Paris Saint-Germain last season and was then sacked a few months later, his reputation was in question.

On 26th January, Chelsea Football Club controversially replaced their greatest ever player, Frank Lampard, with Tuchel. In his 30 games in charge, he's won 19, drawn six, scored 38 goals & conceded 15.

He's beaten Pep Guardiola (x3), Diego Simeone (x2), Zinedine Zidane, Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Mourinho & JĆ¼rgen Klopp. He got Chelsea into the top four after starting in mid-table, an FA Cup final and now won their second ever European Cup.

Players like Mason Mount, Reece James, N'Golo Kante, Kai Havertz & Ben Chilwell have come on massively and he's proven his tactical nous at the highest level.

Tuchel  has earned his respect as a manager even though we didn't want any of them to win.

You're just praying the same thing happens with Ole.

Quick Reply