Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Chelsea

Read 396940 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Re: Chelsea
      Reply #3703: Sep 14, 2022 07:40:22 pm
      He has been here 5 minutes and wants to change things,  will want to call it soccer next.  :mad:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #3704: Sep 14, 2022 08:44:14 pm
      their new owner wants to have a North V South premier league game which Jürgen seems quite amused by. How did he pass a fit and proper persons test when he hasnt a f**king clue about football in this Country the clubs are not Franchises but by enlarge based in their communities for over 100 years. f***in idiot

That's what happens when corporate America gets involved in the game of association football. Idiots like Boehly put forward their favoured nostrums for generating great revenues in just a 'couple of games', regardless of the folly of it all which Jürgen so wryly pointed out - the fixture congestion, the ignorance of the rivalries that exist between teams, and fundamentally the complete lack of any desire from the fans to see this Americanisation of the sport happen. It just reveals the mentality of these people. They all tend to be cut from a familiar cloth.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #3705: Sep 14, 2022 09:02:46 pm
      This idiot also claimed Mo and De Bruyne came through their academy... Nope, they didn't.
      KDB stayed one month at the club, and Mo a little over 12.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3706: Sep 14, 2022 09:24:41 pm
      He has been here 5 minutes and wants to change things,  will want to call it soccer next.  :mad:

Annoying, we have the best league in the world along with the best players. Nothing is broken yet he wants to break it.  :f_steam:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3707: Sep 14, 2022 09:51:26 pm
      That's what happens when corporate America gets involved in the game of association football. Idiots like Boehly put forward their favoured nostrums for generating great revenues in just a 'couple of games', regardless of the folly of it all which Jürgen so wryly pointed out - the fixture congestion, the ignorance of the rivalries that exist between teams, and fundamentally the complete lack of any desire from the fans to see this Americanisation of the sport happen. It just reveals the mentality of these people. They all tend to be cut from a familiar cloth.

I would be happy for football to implode financially so all these people would F**k off. Guess what though Anfield would still be full week in week out supporting our team an dmaybe Footballers would have to manage on £30k per week
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #3708: Sep 15, 2022 08:26:18 am
      He'll probably bring back the proposal for a 39th game, that was another strategy to maximise their revenue
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3709: Sep 15, 2022 08:53:03 pm

Eh...overreaction. No one wants to see the Premier League turned into MLS or the NFL or the NBA. It's just a rich dipshit saying rich dipshit things. Remember our owners and the Super League......

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #3710: Sep 15, 2022 09:33:34 pm
      He's a bit of an idiot this Boehly guy isn't he? He has very little capital to start wading in on what the League should or shouldn't do. He had very little capital to sack Tuchel so I'd say he's already on a sticky wicket with Chelsea supporters and beyond!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3711: Sep 16, 2022 09:21:04 am
      Give us a t…………….T
      Give us a w…………..W
      Give us a a……………A
      Give us another t….T

What we got ? Another rich piece of sh*t yank trying to muscle his way into a culture he knows absolutely F**k all about, stick with yer own franchised F**k ups Cunty bollocks, it’s not your sport to come in to and immediately want to change it, that might work in your own third world capitalist state, it won’t work here, we got enough fraudsters as it is we don’t want or need anymore, so F**k off !!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3712: Sep 16, 2022 11:06:55 am
      Give us a t…………….T
      Give us a w…………..W
      Give us a a……………A
      Give us another t….T

What we got ? Another rich piece of sh*t yank trying to muscle his way into a culture he knows absolutely f**k all about, stick with yer own franchised f**k ups Cunty bollocks, it’s not your sport to come in to and immediately want to change it, that might work in your own third world capitalist state, it won’t work here, we got enough fraudsters as it is we don’t want or need anymore, so F**k off !!

Sadly it’s how the Yanks work Billy. Almost as bad as the arrogant French.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #3713: Sep 16, 2022 11:48:38 am
      Sadly it’s how the Yanks work Billy. Almost as bad as the arrogant French.

I think Billy is on a bit of a rant today judging by a couple of posts I have just read of his.   ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3714: Sep 16, 2022 02:37:22 pm

I think Billy is on a bit of a rant today judging by a couple of posts I have just read of his.   ;D

Billythecnut always on a rant what’s new.  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3715: Sep 16, 2022 03:23:05 pm

today?.....I thought he lived on a rant ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3716: Sep 16, 2022 05:27:48 pm
      Annoying, we have the best league in the world along with the best players. Nothing is broken yet he wants to break it.  :f_steam:

Vibes of "Sir" Allen Stanford!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3717: Sep 16, 2022 05:57:13 pm

Hopefully Boehly will join him.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3718: Sep 19, 2022 09:43:38 am

I think it is broken. It’s broken because in the last 9 years the league has been won by oil rich clubs on 7 occasions. The other two seasons were won by a club reaching their highest ever points tally (Liverpool) and the other was described as a miracle (Leicester). 

If city win this year it’ll be 5 titles out of 6 years for them.

The greed and wealth of the league and it’s inabilty to keep a level playing field has caused this.

What it needs isn’t more lucrative games and silly ideas that result in more wealth and greed but a league that can be more competitive. What that answer is I’m not sure.

Without each team being fan owned and only able to spend a certain percentage on transfers from their declared income I’m not sure. There must be some ideas. Salary cap etc?

But as it stands I find the league very predictable and unless you are a neutral it’s as dull as dish water.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #3719: Sep 19, 2022 06:38:33 pm
      I think it is broken. It’s broken because in the last 9 years the league has been won by oil rich clubs on 7 occasions. The other two seasons were won by a club reaching their highest ever points tally (Liverpool) and the other was described as a miracle (Leicester). 

If city win this year it’ll be 5 titles out of 6 years for them.

The greed and wealth of the league and it’s inabilty to keep a level playing field has caused this.

What it needs isn’t more lucrative games and silly ideas that result in more wealth and greed but a league that can be more competitive. What that answer is I’m not sure.

Without each team being fan owned and only able to spend a certain percentage on transfers from their declared income I’m not sure. There must be some ideas. Salary cap etc?

But as it stands I find the league very predictable and unless you are a neutral it’s as dull as dish water.

I think It's true that the oil money is slowly destroying the league and making it less competitive. But the Champions league has also caused a lot of problems, giving a small group of teams a significant advantage over the rest.

I think that the premier league is still (probably) the best league of the big european nations.

It is in danger of becoming more predictable, less competitive and FFP needs to be more rigorously enforced. I don't think there is any chance of significant structural changes like making the clubs fan owned. A salary cap, as a percentage of revenue, might be an achievable goal.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #3720: Sep 19, 2022 07:18:12 pm
      I think It's true that the oil money is slowly destroying the league and making it less competitive. But the Champions league has also caused a lot of problems, giving a small group of teams a significant advantage over the rest.

I think that the premier league is still (probably) the best league of the big european nations.

It is in danger of becoming more predictable, less competitive and FFP needs to be more rigorously enforced. I don't think there is any chance of significant structural changes like making the clubs fan owned. A salary cap, as a percentage of revenue, might be an achievable goal.

Too late now. This league, this game we love was ruined long ago. 1992 was the beginning of the end. Too many making too much and they don't care.

Start trying to put salary caps in etc and disturb the status quo and they will run off and form their own league etc
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #3721: Sep 19, 2022 07:40:39 pm
      Too late now. This league, this game we love was ruined long ago. 1992 was the beginning of the end. Too many making too much and they don't care.

Start trying to put salary caps in etc and disturb the status quo and they will run off and form their own league etc

Absolutely correct, you wait till Newcastle start to spend, being the richest club in the world they will blow the Mancs out of the water once they get around the feeble excuse that is FFP.
      Sky started the down fall and the oil sheiks will finish it. Just my two penneth for what it's worth.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #3722: Sep 19, 2022 10:41:11 pm
      Absolutely correct, you wait till Newcastle start to spend, being the richest club in the world they will blow the Mancs out of the water once they get around the feeble excuse that is FFP.
      Sky started the down fall and the oil sheiks will finish it. Just my two penneth for what it's worth.

I think you are probably correct but the PL owners who want to try to run clubs for profit still massively outnumber the oil clubs. We are laughing at Boehly's stupid ideas to maximise revenue but he's a new owner who wants to make a profit like FSG, the Glazers and the bloke who owns the Arsenal. Newcastle have become a club that don't care about profits but Chelsea have gone the other way with Abramovich gone.
      The owners who care about profits can vote down City and Newcastle. It's true that they are mostly happy now as the revenue is always increasing. If the league starts to get boring fans will stop watching games. Sky and BT will start to get annoyed, maybe a TV contract might reduce in value and the majority of clubs will notice that.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #3723: Sep 20, 2022 12:47:35 am
      I think you are probably correct but the PL owners who want to try to run clubs for profit still massively outnumber the oil clubs. We are laughing at Boehly's stupid ideas to maximise revenue but he's a new owner who wants to make a profit like FSG, the Glazers and the bloke who owns the Arsenal. Newcastle have become a club that don't care about profits but Chelsea have gone the other way with Abramovich gone.
      The owners who care about profits can vote down City and Newcastle. It's true that they are mostly happy now as the revenue is always increasing. If the league starts to get boring fans will stop watching games. Sky and BT will start to get annoyed, maybe a TV contract might reduce in value and the majority of clubs will notice that.

To be fair, a football club SHOULD be run to make a profit. Or at the very least to break even.
      As much as we don't like it, football clubs are businesses, and a business should never operate at a loss.

The problem is that clubs such as City, Paris, and now Newcastle are used as a PR machine, as a form of sportwashing to promote oil countries whilst taking the attention away from everything that's going on over there.

As a result, we are facing unfair competition, since those clubs do not mind losing money every year. It's still worth it for them.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3724: Sep 20, 2022 05:36:38 pm
      Salzburg's sporting director (Chris Freund) turned down the job at Chelsea. This after Michael Edwards turned it down recently as well.

Interesting they're having a hard time filling that role.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3725: Sep 20, 2022 05:48:13 pm
      To be fair, a football club SHOULD be run to make a profit. Or at the very least to break even.
      As much as we don't like it, football clubs are businesses, and a business should never operate at a loss.

The problem is that clubs such as City, Paris, and now Newcastle are used as a PR machine, as a form of sportwashing to promote oil countries whilst taking the attention away from everything that's going on over there.

As a result, we are facing unfair competition, since those clubs do not mind losing money every year. It's still worth it for them.

That is correct. Any business (or person) that spends more than it makes will eventually suffer financial hardship that it may not recover from, with the obvious exception of the clubs you mentioned who are bank rolled by countries. Some people think that because they have an emotional tie to the team that the owners should disregard the long term financial health of it.

Quick Reply