Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Benefit night for Michael Shields

Read 4595 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Benefit night for Michael Shields
      Aug 24, 2008 11:41:28 pm
      Aug 23 2008  by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

A BENEFIT night is to be held for Michael Shields at the Devonshire House Hotel, Edge Lane, on Friday September 19.

Journalist and broadcaster Brian Reade will compere and entertainment will be provided by crooner Neville Skelly, comedians John Bishop and Mark Langley and Coronation Street star Mickey Starke.

The event starts at 7.30pm and tickets priced £12 are available from the HJC shop on Walton Breck Road.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Benefit night for Michael Shields
      Reply #1: Aug 25, 2008 10:10:28 am
      I quite fancy this, anyone going ??
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Aug 25, 2008 10:56:10 am

Count me in Smiggs  ;D Be nice to be able to go to the game on the Saturday as well.........make a nice weekend of it  ;)
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #3: Aug 25, 2008 05:15:01 pm

Count me in Smiggs  ;D Be nice to be able to go to the game on the Saturday as well.........make a nice weekend of it  ;)

2 blonds at the bar, god help them
      Annak
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      • Celebrating the Reds glorious victories in Europe
      Reply #4: Sep 13, 2008 04:53:27 pm
      Sounds like a great night for a worthy cause. As a matter of interest is it posssible for me and my husband to come along to promote our Exclusive LFC souvenirs (see picture below)? We will donate one as a raffle prize and also make a donation of all sales on the night.

If we are unable to attend we'll still donate a crystal.

cheers
      Anna x
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Sep 13, 2008 07:23:12 pm
      Sounds like a great night for a worthy cause. As a matter of interest is it posssible for me and my husband to come along to promote our Exclusive LFC souvenirs (see picture below)? We will donate one as a raffle prize and also make a donation of all sales on the night.

If we are unable to attend we'll still donate a crystal.

cheers
      Anna x

This isn't being run by this forum Anna, you would need to contact the HJC shop opposite the Kop for details.
      Annak
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      • Celebrating the Reds glorious victories in Europe
      Reply #6: Sep 17, 2008 06:24:40 pm
      Ok, thanks

Anna x
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Sep 18, 2008 04:28:18 pm
      Spirit Of Shankly:

This weekend, Michael Shields, a Liverpool fan like you and me, will be spending his 22nd Birthday incarcerated for a crime he did not commit. His family, Liverpool fans, and the people of this city, have long campaigned for his release and to have his conviction overturned. They have constantly faced obstacles again and again, both in this country and in Bulgaria. The legal processes are costly, and as such, the family are looking to raise more funds to support the ongoing battle to Free Michael.

To support this battle, Spirit Of Shankly have arranged a Benefit Night for Michael Shields to take place on Friday 19th September. The demand for tickets was extremely high, and the desire from people to help support Michael and his family has been brilliant. The next day, Saturday, Liverpool FC have kindly agreed to a bucket collection taking place prior to the Stoke game. Bucket Collectors will be inside each turnstile, so please give what you can to support Michael’s cause.

Also, on the Saturday, a Breakfast Show is taking place at The Vines on Lime Street. Doors open at 9am with a 10:30am start. Ian St John will be there as will a comedian and a duo singing Liverpool songs. Tickets are £25. The event is not a Union one, however SOS have been invited to speak to any fans who attend, so it is an opportunity to meet SOS and ask some questions. If you want to attend, call Ronnie on 07961005107.

Spirit Of Shankly

Quick Reply