Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The Official Paul Tomkins Thread

Read 67196 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Re: The Official Paul Tomkins Thread
      Reply #483: Dec 23, 2010 10:21:05 am
      Engrossing, there isn't too much you could argue with there.
      The reference to the media circus eventually affecting RH's position won't happen though, at least not on the scale of the press annihilation Rafa experienced. The media are more than delighted with Roy's record and doing what they were never able to achieve.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #484: Dec 26, 2010 11:40:08 am
      Excellant read can't believe so little have commented on it.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #485: Dec 26, 2010 11:59:23 am
      Great read
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #486: Dec 28, 2010 11:28:34 pm
      As usuall, great read. Well in Tomkins.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #487: Dec 29, 2010 11:45:34 pm
      Rafa said this to Paul Tomkins according to Tomkins himself:

“Happy New Year for you and our fans, that means our Club.

Rafa”

:)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #488: Aug 25, 2011 07:06:48 am
      I love reading Paul's articles. Recently went on to his blog/site and it seems I'd need to subscribe/pay to read?

Sad. I really loved his articles.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #489: Sep 11, 2011 10:42:54 pm
      I'm not generally on the same wavelength as Paul and I have had at least one argumentative correspondence with him. On this occasion though, I agree with everything he said.

Further, the more I am understanding what really went on behind the scenes under Hicks and Gillette, and also Rafa's obvious continuing love for the Club and the City of Liverpool, the more I regret that he was forced out.

Now I am totally happy with Kenny but, if I were the LFC owner I would try to make an agreement with Rafa and Kenny that Rafa comes back in 2 years.

aGAIN, NOTHING NEGATIVE ON kENNY BUT, EVEN THOUGH i AGREE WITH pAUL THAT IT COULD (sorry for caps) be tricky I just think Rafa deserves a chance to try again under stable ownership.

In the interim I may try having Rafa as "Football Supremo", basically overseeing everything football related behind the scenes.

Yes, could be tricky too but with goodwill all around it could work.

Again, even though I used to have plenty of misgivings about him, I just believe Rafa deserves a second chance here.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #490: Sep 12, 2011 12:24:11 am
      albertared, do you have a link for the article in question regarding tomkins suggesting rafa coming back? would be an intresting read.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #491: Sep 12, 2011 12:34:49 am
      albertared, do you have a link for the article in question regarding tomkins suggesting rafa coming back? would be an intresting read.

I'd like to see that as well.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #492: Sep 12, 2011 01:18:00 am

I think he's referring to smiggers post on December 22nd 2010 when the Owl faced tw*t was in charge and Rafa was still in Milan post 482 on this very page.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #493: Sep 12, 2011 07:27:35 pm
      Brilliant analysis of the media from Tomkins today:

http://tomkinstimes.com/2011/09/kenny-dalglish-is-ruining-liverpool/
      LFCexiled
      Reply #494: Sep 12, 2011 07:52:23 pm
      I'm not generally on the same wavelength as Paul and I have had at least one argumentative correspondence with him. On this occasion though, I agree with everything he said.

Further, the more I am understanding what really went on behind the scenes under Hicks and Gillette, and also Rafa's obvious continuing love for the Club and the City of Liverpool, the more I regret that he was forced out.

Now I am totally happy with Kenny but, if I were the LFC owner I would try to make an agreement with Rafa and Kenny that Rafa comes back in 2 years.

aGAIN, NOTHING NEGATIVE ON kENNY BUT, EVEN THOUGH i AGREE WITH pAUL THAT IT COULD (sorry for caps) be tricky I just think Rafa deserves a chance to try again under stable ownership.

In the interim I may try having Rafa as "Football Supremo", basically overseeing everything football related behind the scenes.

Yes, could be tricky too but with goodwill all around it could work.

Again, even though I used to have plenty of misgivings about him, I just believe Rafa deserves a second chance here.

Nice to see that some crumbs have been thrown on the floor without the usual 'peckers' biting.

Oh, I also agree. However many years it takes before Kenny decides to call it a day, Rafa has time. ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #495: Sep 20, 2011 07:34:39 pm

Thanks for putting that up peng, great stuff.

Quick Reply